Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Teru

Announcement RadiOH! is now recruiting for DJs!

Greetings chums,

To get off on the right foot in 2016, we’ve decided to start recruiting for the RadiOH! Team!

RadiOH is a project we’re really passionate about and, after a year of getting familiar with the ins and outs (and confusing technical problems) of internet radio, we’ve decided it’s time to take off the training wheels and expand the broadcasting team so we can have more shows, more music and more opportunities for everyone at OneHallyu to enjoy listening to our favourite Asian artists together.

If you’d like to be a part of RadiOH, please fill out the form below to the best of your ability (feel free to ramble):

Username:

Location and timezone:

Favourite artists (or genres):

How much time do you spend on OneHallyu?:

Have you ever hosted a radio show (or similar) before? (Provide broadcast links if possible):

What kind of shows would you like to broadcast on RadiOH?:

Why do you want to join the RadiOH! Team?:

Along with this form, we'll need to hear a sample of your voice work so that we can get an idea of what your broadcasts may be like. 

For this, you'll need Skype so that we can hold an interview with you via voice chat, so please include with your application the times you are available to chat (including your timezone) and we’ll do our best to arrange a slot with you.

If arranging a Skype interview is too awkward (due to timezones or commitments) you can instead pre-record a short sample and send a link to it in the same PM (Vocaroo or SoundCloud may be useful here, even YouTube is fine),

Please send your application to me, your mum Teru, in a PM, whereupon I will get my judging spectacles out and scrutinise it accordingly. Don’t be shy...

The deadline for this round is February 1st, 2016.

Thank you!

Edited by Teru
  • Like 14
  • Dislike 1

I love how professional you are.

is this genuine or sarky

I was at work when I posted this so I still had my Work Voice on ;( sounds so gross

Edited by Teru
  • Like 1

It's genuine.

I've been an on and off listener of radiOH for a while now and it's enjoyable (I even have it bookmarked). I think the way that you are executing this is one of the most professional things I've ever seen. 

o my... I am flattered, thank you. I appreciate that you bookmark radiOH and listen when you can! hopefully we'll soon have a lot more shows happening so you can listen more often

• Like 1

Cool. 

Do you all take suggestions? I have a few I was thinking about.

absolutely. feel free to PM me, I'd love to hear em

• Like 1

Can I just send y'all an IU mixtape? I don't have the voice for this

IU+Lee+Jieun+You're+the+Best,+Lee+Soon+S

you can make IU song suggestions in the request thread :^)

I feel you on the voice thing, but we really need more people who can be an engaging host on their shows, even if those shows are pre-recorded

I'm going to go request her whole discography  :hurr:  :hurr:  :hurr:

And yeah, my english accent is weird so I'd be awkward

accents are not a problem, this is a global site! don't be down on yourself

I'm so excited count me in!

go 4 it

question:

do you get paid for this?

haha, I wish :p

no, all OH roles are voluntary

what kind of voice work sample do you want? how long should it be? should be just upload it to vocaroo or something?

as long as you want, within reason. I unfortunately won't have the time to listen to anything too long. there's no need to come up with a whole show on the fly - a couple of minutes is fine.

omg i am so interested but idk if I have what it takes  :._.: 

go for it!! don't live in regret

hey im interested but i have never listened to your radio show. what do you guys usually do for your segments? and how long are they? 

do you guys have examples uploaded or are they all live broadcasts 

it's really up to the individual DJ, everyone has the creative freedom to come up with their own show ideas, segments and playlists. as a team, we like to brainstorm over stuff and try to collaborate on ideas such as games, interviews, etc. anything you can bring to the table would be very welcome

shows can be anywhere from half an hour to a couple of hours. again, it's up to the DJ. if you only have time for a half hour show, no problem. if you wanna go in for a marathon two hour show, go for it.

at the moment we only have live broadcasts due to the program we're using, but we're interested in playing pre-recorded shows as well. if time is a problem for you, we'd be completely fine with you pre-recording shows to air at a later time.

i want this but my accent is so weird since i grew up in singapore which is my singlish is sooo thick.

don't be deterred... this a global community and all kinds of voices are welcome, so long as you're passionate about kpop. I have a weird accent too

Edited by Teru

If it was a 30 minute show, would it be once a week? 

whatever you can personally manage. if you want to do more than one show a week, that's fine too. ideally everyone would have a show at least once a week but of course exceptions can be made in certain circumstances

Edited by Teru

i'm so unqualified for the job, but i just think i'd be great at it. deciding whether or not i should apply

it never hurts to try!

Radioh has so much potential but is severely lacking in dedication to it, since there is only a total of 2 people who keep up with it or attempt to still work on it.

I hope there are a lot of good applicants and people who feel inspired by the many great things Radioh could actually achieve and want to work hard with the team. And I hope that those who (for whatever reason) are still on the team despite not giving effort to it look at this as a changing period and begin dedicating their time to helping this grow.

Good luck to all those who apply and want to join! I'm really looking forward to listening to what you want to bring to the stream.~

thanks Mog, couldn't have said it better

keep those apps coming!

what do i need to record? T_T 

whatever you like, you can make up a short show, just talk about yourself and things you like, etc. we just wanna hear your radio voice!

yes, please send your app in a direct PM to me

I've received several great applications already, I'm super pleased with the turnout so far. please keep them coming!

for anyone still thinking of applying - this weekend is your last chance!

Sign in to follow this