OneHallyu

JYP himself issues a statement on Tzuyu issue

chloe

http://www.weibo.com/p/1001603931668623847024

Hi everyone, I am J.Y. Park.

First of all, in regards to the pain brought on to the Chinese netizens, I wholeheartedly express a deep apology. At the same time, I feel regretful that my company staff, Tzuyu and I did not realize the seriousness of this incident. In regards to that, I express my apologies again.

Through this incident, I have once again deeply experienced that, to partner up with a nation, there is a need to respect that nation's sovereignty, culture, history, and the people's emotions.

Everything that has happened has taught my company and the company's artists a very big lesson. In the future, we will firmly put an end to having this kind of an incident occurring.

Again, I express my apologies to all Chinese fans who have continuously liked and supported me, my company, and the company's artists. We let everyone down and hurt everyone's heart. To make up for all the damages done to everyone, and  return everyone's support, we will continue to work hard and contribute to the friendly cultural exchange between China and Korea.

In the past few days, Tzuyu herself has felt a lot of emotions, and has been reflecting. She left home when she was 13 and came to Korea, and it is my and the company's big fault for not being able to cultivate Tzuyu in place of her mom and dad. We will stop all of Tzuyu's current activities in China, and effectively handle all of the issues with the affected parties due to this incident.

I used to think that the T-ara scandal would be the worst example of PR I'd see in KPOP.

This has equalled that if not surpassed that. I have never seen a company literally do everything wrong in a situation like this. Tzuyu is being used as a political prop but she was also failed by her company that was supposed to protect her image.

This apology means well and I am 100% certain it's sincere but this is what should have happened on Day 1, not Day 4.

Hmmm.

This is really....weird.

I still don't think this should be a big deal.

Like if Hawaii said they wanted to be their own country I wouldn't even be mad...

But that's not even the same situation here..

I used to think that the T-ara scandal would be the worst example of PR I'd see in KPOP.

This has equalled that if not surpassed that. I have never seen a company literally do everything wrong in a situation like this. Tzuyu is being used as a political prop but she was also failed by her company that was supposed to protect her image.

This apology means well and I am 100% certain it's sincere but this is what should have happened on Day 1, not Day 4.

Right? I always knew JYP was lowkey a scumbag and not good at shielding his artists but wow...this is just..baffling. 

Through this incident, I have once again deeply experienced that, to partner up with a nation, there is a need to respect that nation's sovereignty, culture, history, and the people's emotions.

This directly translates to "China is higher compared to taiwan, so we are apologizing only to them"

Again, I express my apologies to all Chinese fans who have continuously liked and supported me, my company, and the company's artists. We let everyone down and hurt everyone's heart. To make up for all the damages done to everyone, and  return everyone's support, we will continue to work hard and contribute to the friendly cultural exchange between China and Korea.

And this equates to. "We dont care about taiwan, and gonna still push to partner with China"

exactly, should just post this in day 1

Right? I always knew JYP was lowkey a scumbag and not good at shielding his artists but wow...this is just..baffling. 

Ironically, I think if JYP was still CEO, he would have handled this 100% better than the current JYPE management is handling it because he always seemed like he was good at PR.

This directly translates to "China is higher compared to taiwan, so we are apologizing only to them"

And this equates to. "We dont care about taiwan, and gonna still push to partner with China"

you should realize china is really big for stars to do promotions, even most of taiwanese stars, singers and actresses also do promotions in mainland

They should release it like that, not make HER apologise especially not like that, I was disgusted watching it and even more after reading translation. JYPE fucked her up and we all now that. They're big company since 2000s it's fucking time to learn how to manage their artists properly. I always admired how pretty good treatment their artists received (but let's not forget Jay Park or how Suzy was overworked, they're entertainment company so let's not act like they think about idols as family because they're not, they just give better treatment and that's good). I'm dissapointed by this video and how they handled this situation because there WAS a chance that it will not blew this big. 

wtf did tzuyu even do to have to reflect???????

don't ever do hold a taiwanese flag on mainland, esp in new year eve show in china tv

But she didn't do shit so why the fuck is he apologizing. Fuck money. Care about this girl's psyche. How the hell is she supposed to be proud of who she is now.

I used to love JYP and JYPE with my entire heart but this is horrible.

It's a lose-lose situation. C-netz won't get their heads out of their asses. And I-netz will forever rant mindlessly. They're probably being pressured to give an apology or take out all their artists out of China. JYPE has staffs, employees and other people behhind the cameras to feed.  Stop being naive. They did it because they had no other choice. 

you should realize china is really big for stars to do promotions, even most of taiwanese stars, singers and actresses also do promotions in mainland

Yes they do. But in a political dispute they one grasp the stronger one compared to the other one.

Taiwan's current head is pro-indepence.

Celebrities in taiwan doesnt really voice out their opinions in this matter so they can promote in the mainland.

What Im trying to say is that JYP already disregarded taiwan by saying this kind of stuff.

JYPE was hoping the whole thing would blow over, which was stupid.

Should've just squashed it in the beginning.

Archived