Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oliver

Tzuyu under fire from C-netz for holding a Taiwan nation flag on MLT + more trouble

read the tweets for more info.. apparently C-netz are really pissed at Tzuyu and C-Once are also pissed at tzuyu for bringing hate on Twice..

This is actually really concerning and I hope they get to perform and leave safely :/

Well, shit.

The political issues between Taiwan and China are quite touchy so this backlash isn't a huge surprise.

Despite that, it's still sad how girl can't show her home flag without this sort of reaction.

The other girls had flags with them or only Tzuyu? 

and she did it when she went in China or she usually takes Taiwanese flag with her and show it?

They already knew she was from Taiwan. What do they want her to do, renounce her homeland?

JYP is horrible at promoting their artists in China anyways so no harm no foul...

Wtf... like she can't even be proud of where shes fucking from!?!?!?

They already knew she was from Taiwan. What do they want her to do, renounce her homeland?

She's from Taiwan. Of course, she considers herself Taiwanese.

Taiwan-China relations are VERY complicated.

This is why I don't wanna discuss much about politics and just enjoy life  :chu:

The other girls had flags with them or only Tzuyu? 

and she did it when she went in China or she usually takes Taiwanese flag with her and show it?

it was in My little television like 5 weeks ago

when did she hold her country's flag though? been seeing those comments online for hours but proof?

MLT means my little television. This was months ago if im not wrong

She will be fine. This is not the first time HK and TW artists get hate because of this topic. And they are fine.

True it could be dug out but its not the end of the world. Better to keep entertainment and politics separate.

Rainie Yang though, :(