OneHallyu

MULTITALENTED KING PARK CHANYEOL || Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter....Always by your side♡

CkkB1grWsAADUzb.jpg

CkkB1goXIAAFZVO.jpg

Edited by TeeHee
  • Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1-4-3 (I Love You) (Henry ft. Chanyeol on Guitar) (x)   Rewind (Zhoumi ft. Chanyeol) (x)   I Hate You (Chanyeol & Yuan Shan Shan) (x)   Freal Luv (Far East Movement x Marsh

I wasn't aware of all the drama surrounding the movie promotions, so thanks to those who took the time to explain what's going on. It's really unfortunate that things turned out this way, and SM absol

Neg me all you want, guys, but as someone who has been reading without posting in this thread for a long time, you guys are being dramatic. Yes, Chanyeol needs individual promotion like everyone but h

the hatred cy got is so extra moreover in this site. i still remember each names of those some exols that not only abandoned but coming for his throat for that i just dont have enough guts to curse them back, hehe jk, n, i hope at least, by knowing this, you n other ...cy appreciators to understand even the slightest part of why 'those cy individual fans' gets so upset. that's not coming from arrogance of thinking that cy's better than the rest of exo thus he needs to be treated better, but these coming from knowing how much he struggling behind the scenes. i hope im not offend you w/ my words lunneva^^

oh n thx for the insta post

I guess i wasn't here too long but i'm thankful that i didn't see this mess... :omg: The HATES in OH gave me speechless when i was new here. I was afraid to do some Chanyeol threads. Also, understand tho that even if i'm a group fan tho, it doesn't mean Chanyeol is not on my focus. I stan him since 2 years now. I care on his solo activities and all the projects he is in. I follow a lot of Chanyeol fansites, Twitter & Weibo (even if i can't understand a thing), i try to keep what cfans and kfans are doing and majority, i focus more on Chanyeol than all the group. The only reason why i didn't pay attention about that purchase album it's because i have 0 money to buy one or to at least, help. I'm only doing what i'm able to do, voting for him and yes, support him in the best way i can do. But thanks for bring me a little light because i didn't know about them angry. I hope it doesn't make me a bad fan, considering i always want to be optimist. And I'm not offended with your words so don't worry ! :lol:

Btw, i don't know if i'm twisting your words or what you think so i'm already sorry ;_;

Your welcome !

Edited by Lunneva

lol J, ruthless n savage as ever.

ddeona, n lunneva, im sorry maybe this is the first time you guys see this kind of thing n feels this' a bit suffocating, but what can we say? it's sad to see him being held back from promoting his own movie that he worked so hard for to the point he need to use oxygen mask in their dome concert-in which--again--some exols saying how he lacks stamina w/out even care to act like care n wish him to be well soon--meanwhile they rushed to say get well kai, when he hurt his leg-cz playing skii^^.  if you guys saying he's the rapper, thus he should just rap... then what's kai and sehun positions in exo? lead dancer n main dancer? means they get to dance in front line for so many times, but still got rap lines even lot of sing lines too? now i dont want to be stingy or what not, im also not an akgae, im an exol too, when i see these all from exol's point of view, i see no flaw in this comeback--maybe just about b dominating screen time, but when i see this from cy fans pov or even xingmis pov--even if im not a xingmi-- i cant help but understand all of their outcries n complains.

I can understand where y'all are coming from~ Of course I want Chanyeol to promote his movie, too~ I was just trying to think reasonably considering timing is all~ IDK, I just am not used to the negativity, lately; just was trying to be a bit more positive~ Sorry if you took offense~

i saw a lot of new faces here. 

where were you before this comeback?

why are you here now?

because you are unhappy that chanyeol fans complains about his lines and movie promotion?

apparently, cy is just 1/9 or even less for you.

why not go back to the group thread? that's where you belong.

please leave this thread for chanyeol stans.

stop brainwashing people "cy should just be satisfied with the 3 sec lines and sacrifice his movie and everything for the group". you know you can't do the same to your own bias.

I only joined OH late last year so yeah I wasn't here last comeback~ Y'all are free to talk about that stuff, I was just trying to be a bit more positive; sorry if that bothered you~

Also, I'm blacklisted from the Official Thread, so TBH, the only place I could talk about Chanyeol (or any other member) if I wanted to, is their own thread, so sorry if that's an inconvenience~ But I'm fine with just lurking here, too, if y'all will feel better~

why can't they do both

gawd..... do you really know what is going on?!??

please read my previous posts. 

do some simple calculation and see how much cfans spend on that album. 

an album cost almost 20 dollars. a loooooooooot of cy's hardcore cfans bought 10, 20, even 100 albums. some even have to skip meals.

and you ask them to do BOTH?!? how?!?

ifans just sit there and wait for chanbar's receipt. you think it's easy. you just need it to brag. right? you surely don't know what happened. the typical albums sale from an individual bar is around 10k. did you think about why they order more than 60k albums this time?  the extra 50k are sent from heaven? chanbar's staffs worked around the clock in the past two weeks, trying everything they could to sell more albums. they worked until 3am or even morning everyday. cy's hardcore fans were also sleepless during the past two weeks, trying their best to help chanbar.  you didn't go through it so it just looks like so simple and easy for you.   but the truth is, it's a very TIRING process. everyone is exhausted. chanbar/movie union staffs are making arrangement for the movie promotion AT THE SAME TIME. do you know how hard it is? 

That's all you got from my post, Omg chill no need to be coming at me for absolutely no reason, we're all in the same boat here I didn't know what Cfans had to go through thank you for enlightening me, but even though If I had the chance I'll do the same, I'm doing the best I can from my spot ,  we all want what is best for chanyeol !! I'm sorry if anyone took offence from what I said unintentionally , I'm new here I don't know what happened before to make you this sensitive !

Edited by MinaYeolChan

I can understand where y'all are coming from~ Of course I want Chanyeol to promote his movie, too~ I was just trying to think reasonably considering timing is all~ IDK, I just am not used to the negativity, lately; just was trying to be a bit more positive~ Sorry if you took offense~

I only joined OH late last year so yeah I wasn't here last comeback~ Y'all are free to talk about that stuff, I was just trying to be a bit more positive; sorry if that bothered you~

Also, I'm blacklisted from the Official Thread, so TBH, the only place I could talk about Chanyeol (or any other member) if I wanted to, is their own thread, so sorry if that's an inconvenience~ But I'm fine with just lurking here, too, if y'all will feel better~

i wasn't talking about you tho

i saw your posts before

i meant those who barely posted anything good about cy before but appeared suddenly just because they aren't happy that cy fans are complaining 

I guess i wasn't here too long but i'm thankful that i didn't see this mess... :omg: The HATES in OH give me speechless when i was new here. I was afraid to do some Chanyeol threads. Also, understand tho that even if i'm a group fan tho, it doesn't mean Chanyeol is not on my focus. I stan him since 2 years now. I care on his solo activities and all the projects he is in. I follow a lot of Chanyeol fansites, Twitter & Weibo (even if i can't understand a thing), i try to keep what cfans and kfans are doing and majority, i focus more on Chanyeol than all the group. The only reason why i didn't pay attention about that purchase album it's because i have 0 money to buy one or to at least, help. I'm only doing what i'm able to do, voting for him and yes, support him in the best way i can do. But thanks for bring me a little light because i didn't know about them angry. I hope it doesn't make me a bad fan, considering i always want to be optimist. And I'm not offended with your words so don't worry ! :lol: <== im glad n relieved  :D

Your welcome !

im not here for long too, bc the hatred was so unbearable back then, i was just there fuming alone reading their hatred for him, that's why i admire them that care enough to defend him, even if some of their words sometimes are too harsh, but the fact that they stand up for him when everybody's leaving is still remain. im an exol too, but also cy fans, been like that since four years ago n counting n just like you, my timeline's cy's majority. that's why i quoted you and ddeona. bc i know it's hard to b an exol n a cy fans in the same time :D

im not offended just a bit sad by that post about, he's the rapper thus he got rap lines--even if it's only 6? secs--meanwhile nobody say anything bout lead n main dancer got rap, sing lines n got to dance in front for so many times.

ddeona, you remind me of myself, a lot. the me in the past who choose to not address this negativity surrounding cy (b it's the hatred toward him, or exols who ganging up on him or sm being stingy.or some of others members acts toward him) just so i wouldnt blow up n stress-free

Edited by i_am
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

That's

That's all you got from my post, Omg chill no need to be coming at me for absolutely no reason, we're all in the same boat here I didn't know what Cfans had to go through thank you for enlightening me, but even though If I had the chance I'll do the same, I'm doing the best I can from my spot ,  we all want what is best for chanyeol !!

sorry i didn't have time to read every word in every post.

i just saw that part and thought i need to clarify things up so that others' won't be misled. 

please don't take it personally.  

these two really are so cute, im glad channie has someone like shim jaewon besides him

^^ thank you chen. you both did really great in Sugarman, i hope cy will get more chance to showcase his singing :D

hehe channie's impact

Edited by i_am
  • Like 2

His voice is so soothing to listen to. I'd love to see him get more and more opportunities to show it off. I know majority of us are disappointed in his lines for the album, but I especially wish he had more singing lines. I was pretty surprised that members with less developed singing abilities were given certain parts that I think he could have covered better. I don't even care that he's the "rapper". He's multi-talented and it should be utilized in all areas rather than restricted, in my opinion.

• Like 4

I'm going to say this and go back into lurking since it seems someone made a passive aggressive comment about this situation, which normally I wouldn't care about since this person didn't have the balls to actually discuss anything with anyone I find actions like this petty and 'dramatic'.

But for people that don't get it, yes many of us are individial fans, but just because we went chanyeol to do something without exo doesn't we are hating on exo. In this discussion/argument(whatever you want to call in it), we have talked about chanyeol and thing in accordance to chanyeol, and the fact that that would be seen as hating the other members is laughable considering the other members were barely brought up.

Even if I never see eye to eye with someone, I can respect someone that is able to hold their ground and discuss something they believe with another person without quickly running away, and giving passive-aggressive comments about the situation to a group of people that had nothing to do with it. Anyway I think it better for me to go back to lurking.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

His voice is so soothing to listen to. I'd love to see him get more and more opportunities to show it off. I know majority of us are disappointed in his lines for the album, but I especially wish he had more singing lines. I was pretty surprised that members with less developed singing abilities were given certain parts that I think he could have covered better. I don't even care that he's the "rapper". He's multi-talented and it should be utilized in all areas rather than restricted, in my opinion.

THIS!! It is so disappointing that SM doesn't utilize all of his talents.  :cry:  I think it was even more disappointing for me that he didn't get many singing lines since he got several in the "Sing for You" mini album, so my expectation were high... 

This hair style is very decent unlike the mess fluff thank you Exo stylists always take care of Yeoli like this pls 

tumblr_o8jvd6BrIB1thisfjo1_400.giftumblr_o8jvd6BrIB1thisfjo2_400.gif

x

i still dunno what he's trying to do lmao

tumblr_o8iy28iepS1vnkpe3o1_500.gif

tumblr_o8iy28iepS1vnkpe3o2_500.gif

tumblr_o8iy28iepS1vnkpe3o3_500.gif

tumblr_o8iy28iepS1vnkpe3o4_500.gif

He stands out so much it's hard not to notice him even if for non fans 

i dunno if this was posted before 

Chanyeol EX’ACT Monster M ver. Interview
Appendix B | Interview EX’ACT

- Chanyeol -

Keywords: reminiscence, inevitability, triviality

So what is the earliest memory you have?

I think around 3y/o? When I was 4y/o? That’s when I was a really small kid, one that couldn’t even speak (tn: form sentences) This memory of mine isn’t a particularly special moment, but it really unforgettable. At that time my dad, mum, sister, and I all went to the amusement park as a family and went on rides, I went on a small panda-looking ride. Back then my noona was around 7y/o, she was also very small. I held hands with her toward the rides. And then noona asked the ride attendant “Can we ride this?†The attendant was very kind, and helped us take our seats.

(That’s) really detailed

Yes. My memory is quite good. (I) can’t say that my memory is good, the thing I find weird is that I never delete photos and messages in my phone. I still have the phones I used in elementary and middle school at home, also still with the messages and photos from back then. Just like this, I am kind of someone who would give special significance to certain things. For example, when I’m playing on the phone and accidentally took a photo from pressing the wrong buttons, even then I wouldn’t delete any photos. I can recall all the details. A message (I) received from a friend 10 years ago, after seeing those messages I would remember all the related memories. Sometimes when I go home, I could read through these messages all till next morning while lying on my bed. It’s not that I want to go back to that time, (I am) just reminiscing on that time, (I would think) oh, so that’s how I use to live, something like that happened back then, it’s interesting to think like that.

Past, present, future; which do you prioritise more?

Present. I think the past is the past, present makes the future, my life now is the present. I feel the past is a foundation that can create a beautiful future, and to create an even more beautiful future relies on the present. Looking back on the past that was unhappy, the present is a time for correction. Correcting the unhappy parts in the present, will enable the ability to create a beautiful future. So I think the present is most important.

What is your dream in the future?

To be stable and be able to care for everyone, and also receive everyone’s care in the future. It may not be very realistic, but can still be realised. -laughs-

(Do you) believe in chance, or believe in destiny?

I guess I count as someone who believes in the inevitable. I really want to say this frankly, anyway, this thing called chance… mm, I think chance is also a kind of result from the inevitable. For example, I went to Rodeo Fashion Street, (and) Sehun also went to Rodeo Fashion Street, this is chance, but from viewing results we will inevitably meet. I know why (I) believe in the inevitable, the world must hold chance(s), but I believe in the inevitable more.

Any experiences that broadened your horizons? When did it occur?

I feel it was after (I) debuted. Before debuting I was a frog beneath a well (tn: a restricted view of the sky/open world, a limited outlook), after debuting, beginning official activities, I personally experienced more. I felt my weaknesses and shortcomings, felt that I still have a long way to go, and also discovered that there are all kinds of people in the world, more than I have imagined. It’s hard to mention a specific moment, overall (I’m) not sure when, (but I) suddenly realised this point (tn: came to an epiphany)

What changes occurred after (your) horizons were broadened?

Shortly after feeling this (epiphany), I MC’d a music show, (and) suffered a lot of criticism. Back then I received a huge shock. When going onto a show I don’t purposely pretend to maintain a certain image, (I am) rather fluid/random. But my image is usually more honest. However after doing that show my image went through some small changes. Since then my heart’s endurance become really strong. Now, (I) don’t care much about another’s ridicule. I can then continue making the music I like even more fluidly. Thus minimising the opportunity of mercy. Even more so because I prepare my thoughts beforehand. Before considering others, (we) need to first think of the self, after preparing these thought preparations, (I) felt my life was more happy, as if it has come to fruition.

Do you consider yourself to be a consistent person?

I am a person who is closer to being consistent (than not). I am a stubborn person, and usually like to work along what was planned. A person who doesn’t want to change the work plan after lining up future work and setting my heart to doing them.

When do you feel you are most like yourself?

Firstly it’s when I’m doing what I want to do most. What I want to do most is composition arrangement. Or when I’m with my best friends; When I’m with a lot of people, I don’t usually let loose my true self. When (I’m) with a lot of people, (I) would possess the persona of one who pokes fun. But when I’m with few people, or when I’m with best friends, (we) would chat seriously, and I don’t speak too much. When there are many people around, or when filming (I) would be really playful, but as it’s like this everyday, (I) would be more quiet when it’s not necessary (to be playful), and have some me-time.

Do you like specificity or vagueness?

I like specificity. When I’m working I also like to cut the Gordian knot (tn: make lightning decisions) and complete the tasks, so usually I like to develop plans, (and) come up with multiple options.

When developing plans, is there a particular standard?

If a lot of combined manpower is required, (I) would choose the plan that provides convenience to the majority. If it’s something done on my own, I would adjust the schedule according to my thoughts. So, it’s flexible?

What intangible thing has the most value?

Love. A package filled with the sense of love. This includes love between lovers, love from parents. As long as there is love, I will do anything. I study music diligently, compose songs, I do all of this because I love music. I’m speaking of love in a broad sense. For example, Everyone needs money, needs to make money. But (if you) don’t love your work you will never find happiness in it. Using myself as an example, the things I do now I feel are definitely not simple tasks. But because I am passionate about my work, so I won’t feel too big of a pressure. In essence, People need to find what makes the self happy, work that brings yourself joy, and this kind of happiness and joy stems from love.

(Do you) feel pressured by others’ expectations? How to relieve the pressure?

Yes, a lot. It is still okay at the moment, (but) before, (I) really wanted recognition from fans and those around me, (when) this desire grows too big, (you feel that) everything has to be done the best way, to please others. But, the pressure felt then was too much, to the point when things weren’t done well when they could’ve been, so now (I’ve) switched up the perspective, and compose freely. I feel it is enough for myself to be happy, but when (I’ve) just changed my perspective (I) was still weary of what people around thought. So try to relieve (yourself) from this thought, at least when I’m pondering alone I try to avoid these thoughts. And then recently since about 2-3 months ago (I) began to try minimising things to worry about, do things the way I want to. Before there were problems that (you) can’t help but think of, for example ‘should do it like this’, ‘should do it like this’, ‘how does this work’, ‘what should I do now that it’s become like this’ etc. It’s different now, I rest when I want to rest, do when I want to do, play when I want to play. It’s also like this when composing, before (I) wanted to produce something that everyone would like, things to worry about increased as a result, (and I) constantly felt restricted when trying to compose, and can’t write anything. It’s not like this now, now I can compose the songs I want, song I like, songs I’m happy with. (There’s) no need to let everyone listen to my songs, and as a result it is more relaxing now. Before there weren’t any finished compositions, (but) now as long as I’ve begun I can complete it quickly.

What is your greatest fear?

When people around leave; not an eternal parting, (but) a gradual distancing, (when) they are the people I like most. I’m really afraid of the instance when a person I like feels distant. I have a personality that regularly feels lonely, (you) could say I’m a passionate person, so I don’t like being estranged to my close friends. If I had a really serious argument with someone I’ve known for a long time, share a deep bond with, and they left me, returning to how it was before (I knew them), I would feel incredibly distressed. I am someone who would calm down after being angry for 3-4 minutes, but if we become estranged after an argument, I would really regret it, so in usual circumstances (I) wouldn’t lash out (my) anger, try not to fight. Not the type where you’re thinking ‘I just keep enduring!’, but to try and think more simply, more light-heartedly, and not blame each other. Sometimes there are instances where people become distant as they change, and this is even more sorrowful, because I knew their past. Sometimes it feels this is something that has to be, but there are also times when it feels you could find what was originally there.

Is there a time when you suddenly felt that the people you know feel unfamiliar?

When I change my tone. Some would view these as stingy, there will also be people who view it as attentive. But I am someone who is quite sensitive to small things. For example, when chatting on the phone and the person (I’m chatting with) suddenly changes their tone, I will think ‘was anything I did that made them mad?’ When bringing out something I’ve never seen, an unexpected persona, I won’t feel awkward or unfamiliar, (I) would acknowledge these changes quickly. In short, the smaller the detail the larger my acceptance.

Do you feel that a person’s change is mainly due to internal influences, or external influences?

(I) basically think it is caused by external influences. This is a topic I often talk about with my friends, it’s like good natured and evil natured. Although (I) can’t say this is the correct answer, but I still think there are more scenarios where the cause is external influences! I personally am easily influenced by external factors. If hanging with bad people, everyday, I might subconsciously mirror their actions and language, I would (then) be I’ve become bad (as well). On the contrary if I hang out with good people, I would learn from them, they may do things that I don’t want to do, but I can change my mind and follow what they are doing. If this continues, a person’s entire personality would change. A person’s usual actions would change a lifestyle and personality, so I feel the effectiveness of external influences are greater.

Translated by: Chel

He have a great memory which is perfect for his movies i'm so proud of him

the percent is indeed my choice over future and past the future is unpredictable and the past is the past but living the moment is much better rather than worrying lots, no wonder he's always happy and positive he lives for the now and that's a great way of thinking 

"I was a frog beneath a well" lol i like this saying i'm gonna use it

i didn't think he's stubborn tbh Yeoli me too but i'm trying not to be 

okay the pressure thing and biggest fear is sad >_______<' i don't want to get emotional but it hit me hard !!

FUCK!!!! this interview made me learn more things about he's so sensitive that i knew and reading about him talking about it makes me relate to him i want to talk to him about the whole hinting thing it's awful !

BLESS HIM 

tumblr_o8ik5p1lfr1tml5fdo1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

Monster

i dunno if this was posted before 

Chanyeol EX’ACT Monster M ver. Interview
Appendix B | Interview EX’ACT

- Chanyeol -

Keywords: reminiscence, inevitability, triviality

So what is the earliest memory you have?

I think around 3y/o? When I was 4y/o? That’s when I was a really small kid, one that couldn’t even speak (tn: form sentences) This memory of mine isn’t a particularly special moment, but it really unforgettable. At that time my dad, mum, sister, and I all went to the amusement park as a family and went on rides, I went on a small panda-looking ride. Back then my noona was around 7y/o, she was also very small. I held hands with her toward the rides. And then noona asked the ride attendant “Can we ride this?†The attendant was very kind, and helped us take our seats.

(That’s) really detailed

Yes. My memory is quite good. (I) can’t say that my memory is good, the thing I find weird is that I never delete photos and messages in my phone. I still have the phones I used in elementary and middle school at home, also still with the messages and photos from back then. Just like this, I am kind of someone who would give special significance to certain things. For example, when I’m playing on the phone and accidentally took a photo from pressing the wrong buttons, even then I wouldn’t delete any photos. I can recall all the details. A message (I) received from a friend 10 years ago, after seeing those messages I would remember all the related memories. Sometimes when I go home, I could read through these messages all till next morning while lying on my bed. It’s not that I want to go back to that time, (I am) just reminiscing on that time, (I would think) oh, so that’s how I use to live, something like that happened back then, it’s interesting to think like that.

Past, present, future; which do you prioritise more?

Present. I think the past is the past, present makes the future, my life now is the present. I feel the past is a foundation that can create a beautiful future, and to create an even more beautiful future relies on the present. Looking back on the past that was unhappy, the present is a time for correction. Correcting the unhappy parts in the present, will enable the ability to create a beautiful future. So I think the present is most important.

What is your dream in the future?

To be stable and be able to care for everyone, and also receive everyone’s care in the future. It may not be very realistic, but can still be realised. -laughs-

(Do you) believe in chance, or believe in destiny?

I guess I count as someone who believes in the inevitable. I really want to say this frankly, anyway, this thing called chance… mm, I think chance is also a kind of result from the inevitable. For example, I went to Rodeo Fashion Street, (and) Sehun also went to Rodeo Fashion Street, this is chance, but from viewing results we will inevitably meet. I know why (I) believe in the inevitable, the world must hold chance(s), but I believe in the inevitable more.

Any experiences that broadened your horizons? When did it occur?

I feel it was after (I) debuted. Before debuting I was a frog beneath a well (tn: a restricted view of the sky/open world, a limited outlook), after debuting, beginning official activities, I personally experienced more. I felt my weaknesses and shortcomings, felt that I still have a long way to go, and also discovered that there are all kinds of people in the world, more than I have imagined. It’s hard to mention a specific moment, overall (I’m) not sure when, (but I) suddenly realised this point (tn: came to an epiphany)

What changes occurred after (your) horizons were broadened?

Shortly after feeling this (epiphany), I MC’d a music show, (and) suffered a lot of criticism. Back then I received a huge shock. When going onto a show I don’t purposely pretend to maintain a certain image, (I am) rather fluid/random. But my image is usually more honest. However after doing that show my image went through some small changes. Since then my heart’s endurance become really strong. Now, (I) don’t care much about another’s ridicule. I can then continue making the music I like even more fluidly. Thus minimising the opportunity of mercy. Even more so because I prepare my thoughts beforehand. Before considering others, (we) need to first think of the self, after preparing these thought preparations, (I) felt my life was more happy, as if it has come to fruition.

Do you consider yourself to be a consistent person?

I am a person who is closer to being consistent (than not). I am a stubborn person, and usually like to work along what was planned. A person who doesn’t want to change the work plan after lining up future work and setting my heart to doing them.

When do you feel you are most like yourself?

Firstly it’s when I’m doing what I want to do most. What I want to do most is composition arrangement. Or when I’m with my best friends; When I’m with a lot of people, I don’t usually let loose my true self. When (I’m) with a lot of people, (I) would possess the persona of one who pokes fun. But when I’m with few people, or when I’m with best friends, (we) would chat seriously, and I don’t speak too much. When there are many people around, or when filming (I) would be really playful, but as it’s like this everyday, (I) would be more quiet when it’s not necessary (to be playful), and have some me-time.

Do you like specificity or vagueness?

I like specificity. When I’m working I also like to cut the Gordian knot (tn: make lightning decisions) and complete the tasks, so usually I like to develop plans, (and) come up with multiple options.

When developing plans, is there a particular standard?

If a lot of combined manpower is required, (I) would choose the plan that provides convenience to the majority. If it’s something done on my own, I would adjust the schedule according to my thoughts. So, it’s flexible?

What intangible thing has the most value?

Love. A package filled with the sense of love. This includes love between lovers, love from parents. As long as there is love, I will do anything. I study music diligently, compose songs, I do all of this because I love music. I’m speaking of love in a broad sense. For example, Everyone needs money, needs to make money. But (if you) don’t love your work you will never find happiness in it. Using myself as an example, the things I do now I feel are definitely not simple tasks. But because I am passionate about my work, so I won’t feel too big of a pressure. In essence, People need to find what makes the self happy, work that brings yourself joy, and this kind of happiness and joy stems from love.

(Do you) feel pressured by others’ expectations? How to relieve the pressure?

Yes, a lot. It is still okay at the moment, (but) before, (I) really wanted recognition from fans and those around me, (when) this desire grows too big, (you feel that) everything has to be done the best way, to please others. But, the pressure felt then was too much, to the point when things weren’t done well when they could’ve been, so now (I’ve) switched up the perspective, and compose freely. I feel it is enough for myself to be happy, but when (I’ve) just changed my perspective (I) was still weary of what people around thought. So try to relieve (yourself) from this thought, at least when I’m pondering alone I try to avoid these thoughts. And then recently since about 2-3 months ago (I) began to try minimising things to worry about, do things the way I want to. Before there were problems that (you) can’t help but think of, for example ‘should do it like this’, ‘should do it like this’, ‘how does this work’, ‘what should I do now that it’s become like this’ etc. It’s different now, I rest when I want to rest, do when I want to do, play when I want to play. It’s also like this when composing, before (I) wanted to produce something that everyone would like, things to worry about increased as a result, (and I) constantly felt restricted when trying to compose, and can’t write anything. It’s not like this now, now I can compose the songs I want, song I like, songs I’m happy with. (There’s) no need to let everyone listen to my songs, and as a result it is more relaxing now. Before there weren’t any finished compositions, (but) now as long as I’ve begun I can complete it quickly.

What is your greatest fear?

When people around leave; not an eternal parting, (but) a gradual distancing, (when) they are the people I like most. I’m really afraid of the instance when a person I like feels distant. I have a personality that regularly feels lonely, (you) could say I’m a passionate person, so I don’t like being estranged to my close friends. If I had a really serious argument with someone I’ve known for a long time, share a deep bond with, and they left me, returning to how it was before (I knew them), I would feel incredibly distressed. I am someone who would calm down after being angry for 3-4 minutes, but if we become estranged after an argument, I would really regret it, so in usual circumstances (I) wouldn’t lash out (my) anger, try not to fight. Not the type where you’re thinking ‘I just keep enduring!’, but to try and think more simply, more light-heartedly, and not blame each other. Sometimes there are instances where people become distant as they change, and this is even more sorrowful, because I knew their past. Sometimes it feels this is something that has to be, but there are also times when it feels you could find what was originally there.

Is there a time when you suddenly felt that the people you know feel unfamiliar?

When I change my tone. Some would view these as stingy, there will also be people who view it as attentive. But I am someone who is quite sensitive to small things. For example, when chatting on the phone and the person (I’m chatting with) suddenly changes their tone, I will think ‘was anything I did that made them mad?’ When bringing out something I’ve never seen, an unexpected persona, I won’t feel awkward or unfamiliar, (I) would acknowledge these changes quickly. In short, the smaller the detail the larger my acceptance.

Do you feel that a person’s change is mainly due to internal influences, or external influences?

(I) basically think it is caused by external influences. This is a topic I often talk about with my friends, it’s like good natured and evil natured. Although (I) can’t say this is the correct answer, but I still think there are more scenarios where the cause is external influences! I personally am easily influenced by external factors. If hanging with bad people, everyday, I might subconsciously mirror their actions and language, I would (then) be I’ve become bad (as well). On the contrary if I hang out with good people, I would learn from them, they may do things that I don’t want to do, but I can change my mind and follow what they are doing. If this continues, a person’s entire personality would change. A person’s usual actions would change a lifestyle and personality, so I feel the effectiveness of external influences are greater.

Lucky One
cr: delightcy_

CkjyO6PUgAAEmDB.jpg:large

CkjyO6PUUAYfWsP.jpg:large

Ckj4AK2WsAAdEXl.jpg:large

Ckj4AK3XAAET4QJ.jpg:large

Ckj59cNWkAMyevK.jpg:large

Ckj59cRWsAEJeWq.jpg:large

Monster

cr: delightcy_

CkhqBk_VAAAqVOH.jpg:large

CkhqBk_VAAEA5K5.jpg:large

CkhrpffVEAEBqfI.jpg:large

CkhrpfkUkAAiJB0.jpg:large

CkhsYywUgAABNnT.jpg:large

CkhsYyuUYAA8qX4.jpg:large

Edited by TeeHee
  • Like 1

I wasn't aware of all the drama surrounding the movie promotions, so thanks to those who took the time to explain what's going on. It's really unfortunate that things turned out this way, and SM absolutely should have planned his and as well as the group schedule better to accommodate both the comeback promotions and his movie promotions. But I still cannot @ yall thinking these movie promotions are more important than group promotions, or the implications that Chanyeol would rather have a long term career in China, where he can barely speak the native language as opposed to his home country. China is a big fucking market, and no amount of fan support is going to get him the kind of clout he's already on his way to achieving in SK. Chinese promotions should be a secondary effort on his and SM's part to boost his popularity overseas, not his primary focus. 

Cancelling the album orders would hurt Chanyeol, whether you'd like to believe it or not. They do not have individual member covers this time, but SM would still know which baidu bar put in how many orders. If there is a large depletion/cancellation of orders from Chanyeol's baidu bar, it would be a lot more noticeable than the boost the movie would get from those funds being redirected there. In your haste to express your ire over the injustice you feel Chanyeol has been served, you'd really only be hurting him. And all the people accusing me of not following his solo activities closely, have yall forgotten how exhausted and completely drained he was when he was touring and shooting his movie in China at the same time. Yall fuss over his health, but want him to continue to be at multiple places at the same time, and for what? I don't buy that skipping out on the movie promotions is going to permanently hurt his reputation in the Chinese market, especially since they'd be well aware that Chanyeol does not have autonomy over his own schedule. It'll hurt SM, but they know what the heck they're doing. It's SM for ffs, they'll be fine.  

It's fine to be upset, but this is some next level overreaction. Chanyeol is a grown ass man, he doesn't need you guys to fight his battles, especially not in some obscure international kpop forum that he isn't even aware of, and more especially when not a single poster here so far has said anything against him. Just because not everyone has the same narrow vision of what Chanyeol needs to do to be successful does not mean we're slandering his name.  

Also, it's seriously embarrassing for this thread that that one hysterical person's ludicrous posts are getting upvoted. To think some of yall don't think that this person is completely out of their goddamn mind and are actually in agreement with them speaks for the general maturity level of this thread. This thread clearly isn't for all Chanyeol fans, it's just for Chanyeol only stans, who think a very, very specific way, so I'll see myself out like that person so politely asked me to do a while back.

• Like 7
  • Dislike 16

[HQ] 160610 CHANYEOL at KBS MUSIC BANK

cr: PCYHomeThaiLand

005NPbEugw1f4qiw7m6m9j30rs15oe4r.jpg

005NPbEugw1f4qiwcg0wxj30rs15okgu.jpg

005NPbEugw1f4qiw3ttv6j30rs15onal.jpg

005NPbEugw1f4qiwfo47mj30rs15ogz9.jpg

Edited by TeeHee

Chanyeol EX’ACT Lucky One Interview

Appendix F | Interview EX’ACT #6

- Chanyeol -

Keywords: sentimentality, care, music

If you compared EXO to a movie, what type/genre would it be? What type does your life belong to?

I feel EXO is a rom-com. There are many moments of twists and turns, and also a lot of certain occurrences, but the conclusion is always happy. I feel my life is also a rom-com. (I) usually like to view things positively, and the life and music I pursue are all rom-coms.

Do you have lyrics you like?

I like them all!

What is your favourite moment of time and place?

I especially like the time before dawn. From 2AM to 6/7AM, I like this time of day. Quiet, silent, although there is a feeling of loneliness I just like the feeling you can only experience before dawn. When working with other people, (we) would normally begin working from 8/9PM to 12/1AM, when composing on my own I would work from 2AM to 6-8AM. There is more efficiency when working between these hours, arranging or penning lyrics, listening to music, playing with the phone lying on the sofa, watching tv etc. during this time, (I) really like this kind of casual feeling. The place I like would be my studio, so long as it’s a quiet place with no one else, I would like it. I previously preferred a lively atmosphere with many people, but now I like quietness.

Familiarity and unfamiliarity, which do you like more?

I like familiarity. I am a risk-taker, and recently there more instances of challenges, but I still prefer a familiar environment with familiar people, living a happy life.

Some things are better over time, some are better new, please explain.

Although I’m not really that old, I can find a lot of interesting, happy moments when looking back into my life, I feel that it’s really great. I fulfill my life. The merit of new things is the ability to meet more new people, to enjoy completely new things with people you’re meeting for the first time.

Has there been something you’re always curious about?

Music -smiles-, if not music then people? I like to meet people, although (I’m) not one that can be intimate easily, I feel that by meeting new people there will be mutual help, (and) happiness.

Is there anything you value that other people don’t seem to place importance to?

Being attentive/caring to minuscule things. Everyone values attentiveness to major things, (but) I’m talking about care and attention to little things. The type of care that wouldn’t be noticed by the other person. For example, passing napkins to the one beside you when eating? Something like this. I feel very satisfied by these. There was once, when arriving to my studio after wrapping up work, I found a grocery bag on my doorstep. There were six 2-litre bottles of water, vegetables, cherry tomatoes etc. and green onions and sesame leaves in it as well. What is this? After checking (I) found that it was delivered to the wrong place, it was supposed to be delivered to building next door. I just felt the things would go bad if left here. And so, I took those things to the next building, I felt very satisfied then (for doing so). I feel this is the kind of person I am, who feels satisfied over doing these things. Even though they won’t know, I would think ‘I provided them the convenience’.

When did you feel that you have become an adult?

When listening to other’s thoughts/feelings and discussing them. I am a great listener, and also like talkative people. When chatting or discussing, I would talk about ideas I’ve never thought about. Especially when hearing about other people’s feelings, assisting through discussion. During then, I would talk to the other person of more good things. After listening to my words some people would thank me sincerely, (and when) hearing this my heart becomes really satisfied.

(If you could) share your personality/a trait with someone, what would you like to share?

(My) positive attitude! Many people have told me that I’m a positive person, and personally I usually don’t feel too much pressure. I really dislike when people around me face difficult or tough circumstances. So I would share a lot (tn: of his positive attitude) with them, speak and chat with them. But there are also people who need to experience difficulties, and I understand that.

If you had a twin or clone/doppelgänger, what kind of person do you hope for him to be?

I (would) hope he is exactly like me. Through him, I would like to understand how others feel when looking at me.

Of tangible objects what is the most valuable?

Seriously (this) question in too difficult. I want to answer ‘love’. Tangible love, a love that can be seen and felt first-hand!

Any thing (you) want to remove from this world?

None. I am someone who believes every thing in the world is formed out of necessity. Really. (I) really think flies, mosquitoes, dust and other things also have a reason for existence.

What is something that’s rewarding to wait for?

I’m someone who doesn’t have patience, so it’s difficult (for me). And so (I would) follow this process. This is something I’ve been doing since I was young, for example I’ve agreed with my friends that we’d go on vacation in two months. Since I hate (simply) waiting for the two months to pass, I would do lots of activities within those two months. for example, buying things I like online and then waiting for it to be express delivered. Or going to outings with other people etc. Of course, all these (activities) won’t be as interesting as vacationing, but (would) still go out with friends, have a meal, and do it again with other friends next week etc. Going through each week like this, the most anticipated vacation time will arrive.

Are there moments in your daily life that you feel is perfect?

Quite a few recently. Living through a day, without making anything happen on purpose, passing time naturally according to things I want to do. I really especially like reflecting on the day alone quietly at 2AM, meeting friends over coffee after waking up, take a walk, eat, meet another friend, work alone at the studio etc. All of these are things that make me happy.

If there was the possibility to realise a dream in (your) life, what do you hope for it to be?

I am someone who easily feels happiness (even) through small things, unless I was busy, but lately I am very happy. My lifestyle lately is similar to my ideal lifestyle, (and) that’s how I’ve been living lately.

If you could time travel?

If it was possible, I want to travel to a very distant future or past. I am currently 25y/o (tn: Korean age), I would often say to people around me that this is the happiest time period in my life, that I am currently very happy. Living up till now, (there) isn’t a past I particularly wanted to return to. So if I could time travel, I want to travel to a time in the future or past where I don’t exist. A thing that I especially want to see, would be dinosaurs. -haha- Really, (I) want to have a look at the year 2800, 2900, (I) want to see how the world has changed.

When do you feel that time in a day passes by quickly?

(I) feel time passes by quickly when there’s no schedules. But the day becomes too long when there are schedules. When an entire day is packed with schedules, it would feel the time passed by really quickly, but after returning home (I) would feel ‘ah! This day was too long’.

At which time period do you feel that the sky is most beautiful?

I like when you see the sunset glow. A blue sky island that becomes orange in the sunset glow, in that instant where before it turns into orange (completely), when it’s still in that enigmatic ‘not purple but not orange’ phase - I especially like the sky at that moment. Secondly it’s when you see the sky filled with stars. I’ve liked stars since I was young. My dream when I was little was to become an astronomer, archaeologist. Because I liked stars when I was young I participated in a lot of astronomy-related camping activities, (and) the various stars I saw back then sparkly in the sky, it’s still an unforgettable scene.

What do you think is the greatest invention of mankind?

I think it’s music. I really like (it), and it’s also a career I am proud and passionate about. I would often desire something new, as my personality makes it hard to focus on one thing, but it’s not the case with music - continuing on for 12-13 years; continuing on for so long, indicates that I really like it.

Do you have any life objectives?

Definitely music. I hope to continue (doing music) until before I die. My dream is to have music activities with my partner after we’re married. Life = music, music is my life, I reckon by then I would be able to make a greater variety of music genres.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey there, long time no post... lol.

Edited by Luchel
  • Like 4

Chanyeol's interview translation by Chanyeol and Netz, it's such a nice read. His answers are really deep and detailed, and I can relate to his words many time

tumblr : http://chanyeol-and-netz.tumblr.com/post/145709466248/chanyeol-exact-lucky-one-interview

Chanyeol EX’ACT Lucky One Interview

Appendix F | Interview EX’ACT #6

- Chanyeol -

Keywords: sentimentality, care, music

If you compared EXO to a movie, what type/genre would it be? What type does your life belong to?

I feel EXO is a rom-com. There are many moments of twists and turns, and also a lot of certain occurrences, but the conclusion is always happy. I feel my life is also a rom-com. (I) usually like to view things positively, and the life and music I pursue are all rom-coms.

Do you have lyrics you like?

I like them all!

What is your favourite moment of time and place?

I especially like the time before dawn. From 2AM to 6/7AM, I like this time of day. Quiet, silent, although there is a feeling of loneliness I just like the feeling you can only experience before dawn. When working with other people, (we) would normally begin working from 8/9PM to 12/1AM, when composing on my own I would work from 2AM to 6-8AM. There is more efficiency when working between these hours, arranging or penning lyrics, listening to music, playing with the phone lying on the sofa, watching tv etc. during this time, (I) really like this kind of casual feeling. The place I like would be my studio, so long as it’s a quiet place with no one else, I would like it. I previously preferred a lively atmosphere with many people, but now I like quietness.

Familiarity and unfamiliarity, which do you like more?

I like familiarity. I am a risk-taker, and recently there more instances of challenges, but I still prefer a familiar environment with familiar people, living a happy life.

Some things are better over time, some are better new, please explain.

Although I’m not really that old, I can find a lot of interesting, happy moments when looking back into my life, I feel that it’s really great. I fulfill my life. The merit of new things is the ability to meet more new people, to enjoy completely new things with people you’re meeting for the first time.

Has there been something you’re always curious about?

Music -smiles-, if not music then people? I like to meet people, although (I’m) not one that can be intimate easily, I feel that by meeting new people there will be mutual help, (and) happiness.

Is there anything you value that other people don’t seem to place importance to?

Being attentive/caring to minuscule things. Everyone values attentiveness to major things, (but) I’m talking about care and attention to little things. The type of care that wouldn’t be noticed by the other person. For example, passing napkins to the one beside you when eating? Something like this. I feel very satisfied by these. There was once, when arriving to my studio after wrapping up work, I found a grocery bag on my doorstep. There were six 2-litre bottles of water, vegetables, cherry tomatoes etc. and green onions and sesame leaves in it as well. What is this? After checking (I) found that it was delivered to the wrong place, it was supposed to be delivered to building next door. I just felt the things would go bad if left here. And so, I took those things to the next building, I felt very satisfied then (for doing so). I feel this is the kind of person I am, who feels satisfied over doing these things. Even though they won’t know, I would think ‘I provided them the convenience’.

When did you feel that you have become an adult?

When listening to other’s thoughts/feelings and discussing them. I am a great listener, and also like talkative people. When chatting or discussing, I would talk about ideas I’ve never thought about. Especially when hearing about other people’s feelings, assisting through discussion. During then, I would talk to the other person of more good things. After listening to my words some people would thank me sincerely, (and when) hearing this my heart becomes really satisfied.

(If you could) share your personality/a trait with someone, what would you like to share?

(My) positive attitude! Many people have told me that I’m a positive person, and personally I usually don’t feel too much pressure. I really dislike when people around me face difficult or tough circumstances. So I would share a lot (tn: of his positive attitude) with them, speak and chat with them. But there are also people who need to experience difficulties, and I understand that.

If you had a twin or clone/doppelgänger, what kind of person do you hope for him to be?

I (would) hope he is exactly like me. Through him, I would like to understand how others feel when looking at me.

Of tangible objects what is the most valuable?

Seriously (this) question in too difficult. I want to answer ‘love’. Tangible love, a love that can be seen and felt first-hand!

Any thing (you) want to remove from this world?

None. I am someone who believes every thing in the world is formed out of necessity. Really. (I) really think flies, mosquitoes, dust and other things also have a reason for existence.

What is something that’s rewarding to wait for?

I’m someone who doesn’t have patience, so it’s difficult (for me). And so (I would) follow this process. This is something I’ve been doing since I was young, for example I’ve agreed with my friends that we’d go on vacation in two months. Since I hate (simply) waiting for the two months to pass, I would do lots of activities within those two months. for example, buying things I like online and then waiting for it to be express delivered. Or going to outings with other people etc. Of course, all these (activities) won’t be as interesting as vacationing, but (would) still go out with friends, have a meal, and do it again with other friends next week etc. Going through each week like this, the most anticipated vacation time will arrive.

Are there moments in your daily life that you feel is perfect?

Quite a few recently. Living through a day, without making anything happen on purpose, passing time naturally according to things I want to do. I really especially like reflecting on the day alone quietly at 2AM, meeting friends over coffee after waking up, take a walk, eat, meet another friend, work alone at the studio etc. All of these are things that make me happy.

If there was the possibility to realise a dream in (your) life, what do you hope for it to be?

I am someone who easily feels happiness (even) through small things, unless I was busy, but lately I am very happy. My lifestyle lately is similar to my ideal lifestyle, (and) that’s how I’ve been living lately.

If you could time travel?

If it was possible, I want to travel to a very distant future or past. I am currently 25y/o (tn: Korean age), I would often say to people around me that this is the happiest time period in my life, that I am currently very happy. Living up till now, (there) isn’t a past I particularly wanted to return to. So if I could time travel, I want to travel to a time in the future or past where I don’t exist. A thing that I especially want to see, would be dinosaurs. -haha- Really, (I) want to have a look at the year 2800, 2900, (I) want to see how the world has changed.

When do you feel that time in a day passes by quickly?

(I) feel time passes by quickly when there’s no schedules. But the day becomes too long when there are schedules. When an entire day is packed with schedules, it would feel the time passed by really quickly, but after returning home (I) would feel ‘ah! This day was too long’.

At which time period do you feel that the sky is most beautiful?

I like when you see the sunset glow. A blue sky island that becomes orange in the sunset glow, in that instant where before it turns into orange (completely), when it’s still in that enigmatic ‘not purple but not orange’ phase - I especially like the sky at that moment. Secondly it’s when you see the sky filled with stars. I’ve liked stars since I was young. My dream when I was little was to become an astronomer, archaeologist. Because I liked stars when I was young I participated in a lot of astronomy-related camping activities, (and) the various stars I saw back then sparkly in the sky, it’s still an unforgettable scene.

What do you think is the greatest invention of mankind?

I think it’s music. I really like (it), and it’s also a career I am proud and passionate about. I would often desire something new, as my personality makes it hard to focus on one thing, but it’s not the case with music - continuing on for 12-13 years; continuing on for so long, indicates that I really like it.

Do you have any life objectives?

Definitely music. I hope to continue (doing music) until before I die. My dream is to have music activities with my partner after we’re married. Life = music, music is my life, I reckon by then I would be able to make a greater variety of music genres.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey there, long time no post... lol.

So basically a quick summary of his interview is: music music music music musi-

Honestly there's nothing more satisfying than supporting someone who has this immense passion in his work. :rlytearpls: His love for music literally bleeds into every aspect of his life. I truly hope you'll get that solo you are working on soon, Park Chanyeol, and show us all of your beautiful compositions. :rlytearpls: 

And lol at this:

Still a huge fan of rom-com I see? :hurr:

Thanks to Channetz for the trans~ :chu:

Chanyeol's interview translation by Chanyeol and Netz, it's such a nice read. His answers are really deep and detailed, and I can relate to his words many time

tumblr : http://chanyeol-and-netz.tumblr.com/post/145709466248/chanyeol-exact-lucky-one-interview

Oops Aya i just ninja'd you  :ninja:  haha XD