27 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you stan Kun?

• His voice
    • His looks
    • His personality
    • His awesome magic tricks
    • His surreal level of fanservice
    • Everything!! <3
  2. 2. Are you anticipating Kun's debut in China unit?

• YES!
    • Ofc why are u even asking?
  3. 3. What's your favorite Kun nickname?

• Kun-ge
    • Xiaodan
    • DanDan
    • Fat Kun (side eyeing whoever picks this one)
    • Other (pls post which one)

Is okay if I post?
Im mostly amazed that he got a cool name.
His name directly translates to Universe or Heaven and Earth or Yin and Yang.

Such a cool name.

• Like 2

Is okay if I post?

Such a cool name.

aww his name is pretty

• Like 1

Is okay if I post?

Such a cool name.

Do you know mandarin? This is a good surprise, I didn´t know his name means that.  :rlytearpls:  Thank you!

Oooh, is this the same SM rookie from that other thread? He's so cute!

Probably yes, he is the most recent introduced rookie. Kun is very cute and his voice is beautiful  :rlytearpls:

**supports**

:chu: :chu: :chu:

Thank you!

tumblr_nk03z2Ib2Y1t8sz1po1_500.gif

I was wondering who would be the one to make his thread

Baby Kun needs love and I am giving it to him as a 96-liner friend   :chu:

This thread is so good

I love Kun and ily <3  :chu:

I did the best I could despite the lack of info >< Thank you a lot!  :chu:

tumblr_nk03z2Ib2Y1t8sz1po1_500.gif

Edited by wongyur

aww his name is pretty

I wouldnt say that is pretty but its fierce and cool and its a pretty vague name.

The term used in his name is mostly used in a scholarly way. Like martial arts, doctrines and dynasties.

Qian itself signifies the principles of a man, and Kun signifies the principles of a woman. By combining it results into the balance of characters. 

Qian emphasizes strength, power and such. Kun emphasizes harmony, calmness and tranquility.

Thus both of them fall under the principles of Yin and Yang. (1st meaning of his name)

Some says that Qian character is also directly derived from the character Tian(star) which stands for Heaven and has a particular constellation itself in chinese characters.

Kun on the other hand, is derived from the character Chuan(River) and Shun(obedience) on derived on earthly plane.

Thats why Qian Kun directly notions into the characters of Tian and Di thus having  Heaven and Earth. (2nd meaning of his name)

Qian Kun derived from Tian Di, emphasizes on the word the Sun and the Moon and thats where Qian Kun symbolizes Universe (3rd meaning)

So yeah, its more on a Mystical aspect. More like mysterious and powerful kind of name that is why its cool.

Do you know mandarin? This is a good surprise, I didn´t know his name means that.  :rlytearpls:  Thank you!

I read a lot of books and synecdotes about chinese characters. Like there are Daoist books and such. I  came into this thread while thinking how come someone created a thread for chinese characters and such. Didnt know that it was that Qian kun of SR15b. 

But yeah. Its a cool cool name. If this was many years ago. The value of this character Qian Kun exceeds the value of Emperors and dynasties. Thats how cool is name is.

• Like 2

I wouldnt say that is pretty but its fierce and cool and its a pretty vague name.

The term used in his name is mostly used in a scholarly way. Like martial arts, doctrines and dynasties.

Qian itself signifies the principles of a man, and Kun signifies the principles of a woman. By combining it results into the balance of characters. 

Qian emphasizes strength, power and such. Kun emphasizes harmony, calmness and tranquility.

Thus both of them fall under the principles of Yin and Yang. (1st meaning of his name)

Some says that Qian character is also directly derived from the character Tian(star) which stands for Heaven and has a particular constellation itself in chinese characters.

Kun on the other hand, is derived from the character Chuan(River) and Shun(obedience) on derived on earthly plane.

Thats why Qian Kun directly notions into the characters of Tian and Di thus having  Heaven and Earth. (2nd meaning of his name)

Qian Kun derived from Tian Di, emphasizes on the word the Sun and the Moon and thats where Qian Kun symbolizes Universe (3rd meaning)

So yeah, its more on a Mystical aspect. More like mysterious and powerful kind of name that is why its cool.

I read a lot of books and synecdotes about chinese characters. Like there are Daoist books and such. I  came into this thread while thinking how come someone created a thread for chinese characters and such. Didnt know that it was that Qian kun of SR15b. 

But yeah. Its a cool cool name. If this was many years ago. The value of this character Qian Kun exceeds the value of Emperors and dynasties. Thats how cool is name is.

i actually didn't know it was a chinese name 

Wow, it means all this. I wish my name was meaningful like his lol

Thank you for explaining

The thread looks pretty !! :D

Thank you!! ^^

CW_bYIGWwAANGde.jpg

my Favorite photo by far ! Kun is so handsome !

I´m in love with this one

CWip0YEUAAAKxY-.jpg

He looks so cute!!

I don't like Kun's visual much. I think Taeyong, Hansol, Yuta, and Ten are much better. I hear he's talented though. I don't know much about his personality.

• Dislike 3

I know ! What is life?!

I´m sure some fansite admin has the full fancam but they don´t upload it  :cry:

I´m sure some fansite admin has the full fancam but they don´t upload it  :cry:

at times i really dislike fansites for this 

good to know SM just keeps getting better at visuals... *sarcasm*

I won´t give you the downvote you want  :smile:

• Like 1