Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Proof that EXO's North American dates were pre-determined & that MyMusicTaste is shady as hell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#1 수리수리

수리수리

THE CHANCE OF LOVE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,627 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:02 AM

credit to http://azulity.tumbl...musictaste-scam

Hello everyone. I know you’ve seen me create and reblog several posts over the past week regarding voting for Toronto as one of the EXO’s North American Tour stops. Your efforts in helping us have made so many of us happy, and we’ve all been positive up until this point as we watched our numbers rise. Thank you so much! We from the Toronto group are so, so thankful.

However, this post is not about that.

Below the cut I will be talking about the obvious scam that the site, MyMusicTaste (known to use a form of crowdfunding to bring K-Pop groups to different cities, even overseas), has pulled on us who have all been competing for a spot in the Top 5 stops for EXO’s North American Tour.

Yesterday on Toronto’s MMT page we received a comment from one of our users. I personally told her to delete the comment so that other cities who frequented our page - namely Vancouver and NYC - would not see in fear of them taking this comment and twisting our words for their benefit, as they were wont to do.

tumblr_inline_nyzztxdKio1rljhes_500.png

For those of you who are unaware, Tastes are something you can buy and put towards your city’s page. Tastes offer benefits such as access to pre-sale, merchandise, etc. On top of that, the number of Tastes is important because it showcases the number of people who are serious about this concert happening since they are willing to put money towards it.

Tastes cost $10 USD, which is about $13 CAD.

They have monetary value.

Tastes can be recognized on the sidebar of the several cities’ pages because those who bought Tastes have their icon showing with a red border around them. Icons with a blue border have vote, but have not purchased these Tastes. Example (from Atlanta’s page):

tumblr_inline_nz01nng75D1rljhes_400.png

Obviously after seeing this comment and sharing it with my friend, Kayla, who is also a participant of this competition/supporter of our Toronto page, the two of us looked into this. Kayla was the one who checked the pages of the other cities - Chicago, NYC, Vancouver, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Toronto - and relayed to me what she found.

What she found was confirmation of the comment above.

tumblr_inline_nz0039UxDN1rljhes_500.png

tumblr_inline_nz003eUaFw1rljhes_500.png

There were MANY more of these, around 80-90 on the pages we checked, and I don’t know about you, but I HIGHLY doubt that: 
  • There are a lot of middle aged Caucasian K-Pop fans out there
  • All of them just so happen to have stock image looking headshots of themselves to use as profile images
  • All of them choose to have user names that follow [adjective] + [animal] + [number(s)]
You can even see that the first example has a watermark on her face. And below–

tumblr_inline_nz003l1LGD1rljhes_500.png

tumblr_inline_nz007pG3pg1rljhes_500.png

–these two users have the SAME profile image and are supporting TWO different cities.

The two cities that had these types of users the most was Vancouver and NYC, whom since the beginning of this competition have paired up to create #VaNYC. This was their way of stating that they would be helping each other in votes (Makes) and Tastes.

All of that is fine and dandy, but what irks me is that the majority of these users were seen on this pair of cities that were known to be working together. Suspicious? I think so. 

Not to mention, those of us who were on late the other night were witnesses to the incredible and unsuspected spike in both Tastes and Makes for both cities. If there really was a lag issue like many were saying after the numbers spiked, would we not have seen comments on either page wondering where their purchased Tastes were and why they weren’t counted? It happened a lot on our Toronto page when Tastes were bought but not added to the count. All of that was absent on the others’ pages.

Two other cities were found with them as well, though none with as suspiciously large amount as Vancouver and NYC. The other cities who had these similar users were L.A. and Chicago.

Those who did NOT have these users were Dallas, Atlanta, Toronto, and San Francisco.

Due to these concerns, I as well as some other members of our Toronto group emailed MMT our concerns. Not so much as to boost our own city, but simply - we did NOT want to lose to cheating. If we lost, we wanted it to be because it was fair and square, and that these people honest-to-god worked so hard. 

MMT later made a statement on their Twitter that they would look into the issue, that they were aware of these automated Tastes and Makes. They said that this would be taken into consideration before their final choices for the tour stops would be made.

Today, those stops were announced.

A minute before 10 AM (EST) hit, all of the cities seemed to have hit the ‘Green Stage’ - the final stage that basically means that we have succeeded, that the concert was going to become a reality. Many of us who had lost hope were celebrating, and were just waiting for the official tweet from MMT.
This is what we got.

tumblr_inline_nz00tpIh631rljhes_500.png

After seeing this, all of us were heartbroken. How could this happen? Did they not take into account the cheating even if they said they would? And how is it that 4/5 of the chosen cities were guilty of this? 

Our Toronto page was devastated, but even more upsetting was the fact that our ally, Atlanta, whom we’ve been helping, who has been helping us, and supporting #TorOrLanta, did not get a concert. Why this is so upsetting and messed up is because–

Atlanta was part of the Top 5.

On one hand, we know why this happened. In order to make a North American tour, Canada had to be added, and thus Vancouver got a spot. But on the other hand, Why did Chicago get up there? When they were struggling at the bottom, and Atlanta for the duration of the competition had held their own at second place?

Clearly, there is something fishy behind this.

With all of the proof gathered - we even had/have links of the numerous profiles at the ready, as shown on the Google doc linked above - MMT still pulled this on us. And here’s the kicker.
Tour dates were announced maybe ten minutes later.

How is it that the cities that were “just chosen” and the tour dates were readily announced within minutes of one another? 

Our guess is that it was predetermined. That perhaps these boosts and fake users are the doing of MMT themselves. After all, some users of this bunch were seen to have ‘Made’ concerts in the past for cities that did indeed receive them.

There are obviously MANY things to be angry about. And one of the most important things besides the deception of MMT that has yet to be addressed is the purchased Tastes.

Atlanta bought around $4000 worth of Tastes. Toronto also bought around $1690 Tastes. People bought for themselves, for friends, received money from family to purchase one, and even sold valuables to be able to afford a Taste.

Will we be seeing this money again? No. Absolutely not.

Not only were we cheated out of concerts - especially Atlanta who had EVERYTHING in the bag - but we were scammed of our MONEY.

And, to go back to the mention of the ‘Green Stage’ - each ‘stage’ is a set of tiers that need to be met. The stage prior to the final Green Stage was the Yellow Stage, and Atlanta obviously had that covered, as did Toronto as of last night. But upon looking at NYC’s page, we found:

tumblr_inline_nz02eudPfq1rljhes_400.jpg

tumblr_inline_nz02f59Kd91rljhes_400.jpg

(taken from a comment on Atlanta’s page)

Some tiers were not completed. And yet they get a concert? Outrageous.

EXO-Ls from our cities as well as the others who didn’t get concerts are heartbroken. Some even saying such saddening things such as:

tumblr_inline_nz01evihkW1rljhes_500.png

We cannot BELIEVE the injustice dealt upon us. How one city who had been in the Top 5 couldn’t get a concert, and how ours who would be covering all of the fans on the entire East side of a whole country couldn’t get one either is beyond me.

All we can do now is spread awareness and hope that no other group or company depend on MMT again, and that fans are not caught up in a mess like this in the future.

As someone on the Atlanta page stated, #STAYWOKE.

#2 karutamral

karutamral

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:05 AM

Just your typical scammers taking advantage of kpop fans. 

#3 halcyon

halcyon

ポケモンマスター

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

i feel like this is really important but i still didn't read it

#4 MidnightEXO

MidnightEXO

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,130 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:07 AM (Edited by MidnightEXO, 08 December 2015 - 12:16 AM.)

I mean... I could have told you that.

I think what the plan was to have 1 East coast 1 South... 1 Midwest and 1 East Coast and 1 Canada. 

The reason Canada was predetermined is NBA All-Star Weekend will be in Toronto the same weekend EXO is touring so far as EXO getting a hotel and accommodation, it's not happening. NBA had that booked years ago. If people followed Basketball that was a dead give away Vancouver was getting it.

2nd... It was down to Chicago and ATL ... reason Chicago won is because of its Metro Area, its right there with NYC and LA and the fact they already  had a southern place, Dallas. Dallas was way ahead. Dallas was the one place 100% picked by fans, while ATL only got shafted because the whole EAST coast would get nothing. No Toronto no NYC ... so they had to let it go to NYC in order to fill Toronto's vacancy.

I think ATL got shafted if you think about it Canada was really the only one 100% pre-determined. FACT.

EDIT:

I felt what they really wanted was

Toronto 

LA

NYC

Vancouver 

and anything in the south possibly ATL but just somewhere southern 

#5 ethereal

ethereal

murder me senpai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,808 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

shady events organizers just can't seem to leave kpop artists alone....

#6 ErikaEGO

ErikaEGO

평화

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:09 AM (Edited by ErikaEGO, 08 December 2015 - 12:10 AM.)

Wow... I honestly don't know what to say. I have my suspicions that they were paid by those cities. Just wow.... 

That's fcked up tbh, like beyond fcked up. I have a question, is that website where you pay owned by MMT? Or does it distribute the money to them?

Ugh I really hate scammers.

#7 KUMA-MON

KUMA-MON

BLINKS EVENT ONLY

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:10 AM

all this north american tour sound like a mess, from and to the day the boys step in there, A BIG ASS MESS (good luck to the boys tho)

#8 Wasta

Wasta

Space-Faring Kiss Boy

• OH! Press
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:11 AM

This is so shady. You are absolutely right about those stock photo I.D. pictures and it's laughable that they thought that wouldn't go unnoticed. I wish kpop in North America was treated with more sincerity and venues would realize just how big of a following it has so this type of nonsense will stop happening. 

#9 Kuu-sus

Kuu-sus

Kehovah Witness

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

Lol could they atleast use more believable stock photos

#10 Deℓphina

Deℓphina

† High Deaconess of the Reformed Church of Taeyong †

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,778 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:13 AM (Edited by Mary_b, 08 December 2015 - 12:18 AM.)

I mean...do we really need a whole investigation for this ? 

Do you reaaaally think if some lost ass village in Arkansas won the poll SM would risk sending Exo there without guarantees ? 

The dates were pretty obvious since the beginning : LA, NYC, a Canadian stop or two and one/two other metropolises. 

What I agree with is that the Taste thing was a scam and that people should sue. 

Also, #everybodyknows Vancouver got the help of Weibo. The perks of every damn body of that town being fluent at Chinese.

EDIT : Sis, "sold valuable to afford tastes" ? Those things were 10 bucks each  :imstupid:

#11 김민주

김민주

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,980 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:15 AM

#12 SugaJam

SugaJam

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:16 AM

same, i wished someone can summarized everything in one sentence for me 

#13 kissxkiss_baby

kissxkiss_baby

Hit You With That DDU-DU DDU-DU ♪

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:16 AM

PREACH 

I AINT GOT NO TIME TO TRAVEL FROM TORONTO TO NEW YORK

I don't know the set list, what if something happens with the dates or worst case EXO-Ls get screwed (again) like a lot of BTS fans did. 

#14 noon

noon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,617 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:17 AM

I'm sorry to all that lost their money but

tumblr_inline_nz003l1LGD1rljhes_500.png
tumblr_inline_nz0039UxDN1rljhes_500.png
tumblr_inline_nz003eUaFw1rljhes_500.png

these stock images are KILLING me. Like they didn't even have the decency to use teenage stock images or someone's selfie, they used THESE. a hot disrespectful mess.

#15 swiftswitchsurf

swiftswitchsurf

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:17 AM

I mean...do we really need a whole investigation for this ? 

Do you reaaaally think if some lost ass village in Arkansas won the poll SM would risk sending Exo there without guarantees ? 

The dates were pretty obvious since the beginning : LA, NYC, a Canadian stop or two and one/two other metropolises. 

What I agree with is that the Taste thing was a scam and that people should sue. 

I'm sorry but when you're actively playing with patron's money that's a big fucking deal,

And let's not act like Atlanta and Toronto of all places are "lost ass villages" they're some of the biggest cities on the continent.

#16 kissxkiss_baby

kissxkiss_baby

Hit You With That DDU-DU DDU-DU ♪

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

tl:dr for you lazy ass mofos 

EXO's North American tour dates were predetermined and the event sponsors scammed fans out of their money. 

I'm sorry to all that lost their money but

http://40.media.tumblr.com/2ad0044a9deae...
http://41.media.tumblr.com/a81af5dec6d54...
http://41.media.tumblr.com/a129a200a99a4...

these stock images are KILLING me. Like they didn't even have the decency to use teenage stock images or someone's selfie, they used THESE. a hot disrespectful mess.

I'm sorry but they had me SCREAMING LMAO

#17 allsmiles

allsmiles

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

the stock id photos and usernames are so funny and obvious at the same time. lol 

#18 noon

noon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,617 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:20 AM

Basically in order to chose locations for Exo's tour, this company used 'tastes'. Tastes are like votes that can be bought, so the more money, the more tastes, the more likely a city will be chosen to be a location. Turns out locations were rigged and cities that raised more money weren't chosen as stops

#19 allsmiles

allsmiles

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:20 AM (Edited by allsmiles, 08 December 2015 - 12:25 AM.)

read the bolded parts of the post might help you quickly understand and have a few laughs..

basically though they made people raise money "taste" to choose what cities exo went to.. it seemed it was already predetermined so when the predetermined states were falling back in money raised they had to do something to make it seem like they actually were the cities that raised more money... thus there are all these weird huge number of middle aged caucasian accounts with all having stock id pictures and usernames so similar like.. purple wolf, tiny mouse, red tiger..etc..lol)   what are the odds that about 100 and more middle aged Caucasian people are exo fans and all have user names that are animal related. lol..i could believe other parts but the similar username was just the cake of it all. lol

#20 MidnightEXO

MidnightEXO

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,130 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:20 AM

I'm sorry but when you're actively playing with patron's money that's a big fucking deal,

And let's not act like Atlanta and Toronto of all places are "lost ass villages" they're some of the biggest cities on the continent.

Toronto wasn't getting it from the jump. Air Canada and small venues are BOOKS for weeks in Feb. NBA All Star Weekend. Hotels too. There was NO WAY it was going to happen in February. Like I said if you follow basketball Toronto was never going to happen 

Up, Up and Away!