Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miss Maple

The Educators Thread

A place for teachers or college students who are studying to be teachers.

I am working on my first big lesson plan atm and it is giving me more stress than I thought it was going to give me.

:ahmagah:

Lol, yes I do~!  :smile:

What are u planning on teaching?

That sounds like a lot of fun! :) What age group do you teach?

And I am planning to teach elementary school ^__^ Preferably K-2 

I am working on my first big lesson plan atm and it is giving me more stress than I thought it was going to give me.

It gets a lot easier the more you do them, don't worry. :)

It gets a lot easier the more you do them, don't worry. :)

I hope so! I think that right now I'm just super distracted and not in the mood to do it and that's why I'm finding it hard to do.

That sounds like a lot of fun! :) What age group do you teach?

And I am planning to teach elementary school ^__^ Preferably K-2 

7-12 and teenagers 14-17 

Awww how cute!! That sounds fun! Little kids aren't really much trouble. Teaching elementary students seems fairly easy. I think teaching the alphabet and numbers may be hard though.

7-12 and teenagers 14-17 

Awww how cute!! That sounds fun! Little kids aren't really much trouble. Teaching elementary students seems fairly easy. I think teaching the alphabet and numbers may be hard though.

Aren't you only 18 Troy? You are teaching people your age lol.

I think that teaching them numbers is going to be hard. I already took a class on how to teach kids math, and I found it to be fairly difficult. 

Aren't you only 18 Troy? You are teaching people your age lol.

I think that teaching them numbers is going to be hard. I already took a class on how to teach kids math, and I found it to be fairly difficult. 

Lol yeah I turn 18 in 2 weeks. Since I was Co-Captain of my high school dance team, I come back to help the new dancers and such. <- That's my non-paying job.

Teaching the 7-12 year olds is my actual job. They're so fun and cute~ :chu:

Oh really? I think math is pretty easy. I like math a lot, so maybe I'm thinking that other kids will easily understand as fast I do. Omg, there will always be that one kid that doesn't know anything. I think teaching will also be a frustrating job  :lol:

7-12 and teenagers 14-17 

Awww how cute!! That sounds fun! Little kids aren't really much trouble. Teaching elementary students seems fairly easy. I think teaching the alphabet and numbers may be hard though

Teaching students how to read is difficult. Numbers and alphabets aren't that hard.

@Miss Maple

Are you in your student teaching phase or still taking classes?

Lol yeah I turn 18 in 2 weeks. Since I was Co-Captain of my high school dance team, I come back to help the new dancers and such. <- That's my non-paying job.

Teaching the 7-12 year olds is my actual job. They're so fun and cute~ :chu:

Oh really? I think math is pretty easy. I like math a lot, so maybe I'm thinking that other kids will easily understand as fast I do. Omg, there will always be that one kid that doesn't know anything. I think teaching will also be a frustrating job  :lol:

Ah okay. I interact a lot with seven-twelve year olds in my aftercare job and I think they are super sweet too, and easier to deal with than the younger kids. 

I feel like teaching is going to be hard, and there will probably be days where I don't want to do it anymore, but at the end of the day I feel like it will be super enriching to see that look on the children's faces when they learn something new.

I'd offer you some strategies, but I work with secondary-level math.. don't think that'd be much help with K-5 :lol:

Thankfully I just have the assessment part  and the modifications part left to do. Thanks for the offer though :)

Teaching students how to read is difficult. Numbers and alphabets aren't that hard.

Oh really? You're a teacher? 

Ah okay. I interact a lot with seven-twelve year olds in my aftercare job and I think they are super sweet too, and easier to deal with than the younger kids. 

I feel like teaching is going to be hard, and there will probably be days where I don't want to do it anymore, but at the end of the day I feel like it will be super enriching to see that look on the children's faces when they learn something new.

Omg, it'll be like so many papers that you will have to grade!! Omg! That's going to be so frustrating and time consuming to me. I don't think I'll have the time for that. I would probably bullshit through some of the pages and put an "A" or "E" based on the student's personality and past working habits.

Omg, it'll be like so many papers that you will have to grade!! Omg! That's going to be so frustrating and time consuming to me. I don't think I'll have the time for that. I would probably bullshit through some of the pages and put an "A" or "E" based on the student's personality and past working habits.

:omg:

But I'm not really worried about grading papers. More like I'm worried about keeping my future classroom in order (because I am so passive when it comes to discipline, something that I've been trying to work on), and making sure my lessons are interesting and meaningful.

In the process of completing. Hopefully soon.

:omg:

But I'm not really worried about grading papers. More like I'm worried about keeping my future classroom in order (because I am so passive when it comes to discipline, something that I've been trying to work on), and making sure my lessons are interesting and meaningful.

Oh, yeah. You got to think of fundamental ways to teach the class so they'll be able to stay focused on the work. Maybe do the old fashioned candy thing. Give a student a treat every time they get something right.

In the process of completing. Hopefully soon.

What subject are you interested in teaching?

What year of college are you in?

Ah I should have said I'm done with school. I just need to take the Reading Test to get my credentials.

Oh, yeah. You got to think of fundamental ways to teach the class so they'll be able to stay focused on the work. Maybe do the old fashioned candy thing. Give a student a treat every time they get something right.

I can't be interested in one  subject. I have to teach every subject cause I'm in the elementary field not the junior/HS

That's a good suggestion, but I actually learned that giving candy can be a bad thing because when you run out of candy then the students wont have a drive to do anything because they know they wont get candy from it.

Ah I should have said I'm done with school. I just need to take the Reading Test to get my credentials.

I'm taking that test in two weeks lol. I'm super nervous. The Reading Praxis 2 test, right?

That's a good suggestion, but I actually learned that giving candy can be a bad thing because when you run out of candy then the students wont have a drive to do anything because they know they wont get candy from it.

Dammit. Well, emphasize that being the president will require a lot of education and learning. -shrug-

I'm taking that test in two weeks lol. I'm super nervous. The Reading Praxis 2 test, right?

Oh so you done with student teaching too? Naw here in CA we do the RICA. Praxis is old. Good luck though.

Oh so you done with student teaching too? Naw here in CA we do the RICA. Praxis is old. Good luck though.

Nope I haven't even done student teaching yet. I don't start student teaching until senior year. 

And thanks :)

Dammit. Well, emphasize that being the president will require a lot of education and learning. -shrug-

Lol that's not a bad idea.