legends

#25163 7lostboys

7lostboys

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted Today, 12:39 PM

legends

Namjoon be getting that royalty money that he deserved yess!!

#25164 UNTOLD minsoo

UNTOLD minsoo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

Posted Today, 12:42 PM

RIAA's Triple Crown? imhappyplz.png

#25165 souffleg

souffleg

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts

Posted Today, 12:47 PM

Congrats, golden boys ahmagahplz.png

Tear and Her re-entered Amazon best selling CDs and vynils

#25166 yoongichii

yoongichii

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Location~fangirling over Bangtan's ot7 and Wanna One's ot11

Posted Today, 12:58 PM

that's a RIAA triple crown out there! and to think Fake Love only needed 2 months to obtain one ahmagahplz.png

#25167 APTX4869

APTX4869

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Location~IU's pajamas and lipstick~

Posted Today, 01:49 PM

Congrats, golden boys :ahmagah:
Tear and Her re-entered Amazon best selling CDs and vynils

Great I'm expecting another rise on bb200

#25168 Movieslayer

Movieslayer

Idol

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted Today, 06:09 PM

Dope hit 3.5M likes!

and War of Hormone reached 150M views!

#25169 btsholic

btsholic

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Locationbtsheart

Posted Today, 06:34 PM

congrats for thee gold

#25170 LveKimTae

LveKimTae

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted Today, 07:28 PM

Congrats to the legends for their 3rd gold!!!!!!!!!ahmagahplz.png chuplz.png  Altogether 1.5M units sold. The HIGHEST for a Korean Artist ever.

I want pinned articles on naver's homepage about this.

I want the whole Korea to know that the group they almost fucked over and mocked them that they will never succeed to see that these boys are putting their home country on the map. Talent and hardwork won in the end. I'm really proud of bts. Now let's get them their first RIAA Gold Album Certification! Fighting U.S Armyssuperheroh.png  

#25171 hinata100

hinata100

~ Hannie and Cheol's baby ~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts
  • LocationHave I lost myself or have I gained you ~ Kim Taehyung ~ Singularity

Posted Today, 08:13 PM

I had a question.. does anyone know if it’s better to continue using Spotify or switch to Apple or tidal? It’s nice to see the monthly Spotify streaming numbers but heard the others might be better since it needs lesser steaming to count as album equivalent..

#25172 chaiyya

chaiyya

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted Today, 08:26 PM (Edited by chaiyya, Today, 08:27 PM.)

Okay, I'm just spit-balling here. 

The last SPS figures we got for Tear and Her were: 

YouTube counts towards RIAA certification. 

YouTube US Streams from release until 8/12 for DNA: 54,788,337

YouTube US Streams from release until 8/12 for MIC Drop: 37,924,252

If we break those into album-equivalent, DNA earns Her 36,525.558 additional albums. MIC Drop earns Her 25,282.834 albums. 

Using the last-known SPS figures, that would be a total SPS of 416,808. 

Comparing the SPS from week to week, it looks like Her climbs about 5,000 each week. Using the last few weeks as an example, DNA and MIC Drop are pulling in 905 album-equivalent streams from YouTube. For ease, let's say that Her gains about 5,900 SPS per week. 

Approximately 84,000 album sales needed, gaining 5,900 a week: Gold in about 14-15 weeks? 

Take all of this with a grain of salt and feel free to nitpick my math and methodology. I'm also not 100% sure that MIC Drop counts towards RIAA certification. But if DNA does, wouldn't it make sense that MIC Drop would? Also, maybe Serendipity counts? I can't find Serendipity's numbers on BTS' Artist Insight page. 

---

Now for Tear. 

YouTube US Streams from release until 8/12 for Fake Love: 36,603,493. 

Album-equivalent would be 24,402.32. That would be an SPS of 352,402.

Tear will be harder to guesstimate because it varies a lot between weeks. The last four weeks, it's gained 12,000 SPS, 12,000 SPS, 7,000 SPS, and 9,000 SPS. I think I'm going to go conservative and say it gains around 8,000 SPS per week. 

YouTube views are also hard to gauge. In the last two weeks, it gained 949 albums and then 839 albums. I'll say 800. That would be 8,800 SPS per week. 

147,600 SPS needed, gaining 8,800 a week: maybe somewhere around 16-17 more weeks for Gold?

Once again, perhaps Singularity counts, but I don't know the US streams to estimate how much it's added. 

I do think sales for Her and Tear will spike when Answer is released. I think a lot of people will go to buy Answer and pick up Tear and Her, too. We'll see. 

And so ends my completely novice research and math. 

#25173 luciag

luciag

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted Today, 08:29 PM

I had a question.. does anyone know if it’s better to continue using Spotify or switch to Apple or tidal? It’s nice to see the monthly Spotify streaming numbers but heard the others might be better since it needs lesser steaming to count as album equivalent..

I don’t think there’s a difference in how many streams are necessary? Spotify premium counts more than the free one, but other than that it’s the same, I think. I think (though I’m not sure) that Apple Music and definitely Tidal pay the artists more per stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25174 Ivan-hoe

Ivan-hoe

Trainee

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted Today, 08:37 PM

Apple Music, because the artists get better shares there

006VDtvogy1fu3ylasu0yj30ku0kujwz.jpg

so roughly 1 AM stream = 2 Spotify streams

#25175 hinata100

hinata100

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted Today, 08:46 PM

I don’t think there’s a difference in how many streams are necessary? Spotify premium counts more than the free one, but other than that it’s the same, I think. I think (though I’m not sure) that Apple Music and definitely Tidal pay the artists more per stream.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple Music, because the artists get better shares there

https://wx3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/006VDtvogy1...

so roughly 1 AM stream = 2 Spotify streams

Thanks.. I will probably switch to apple then..

#25176 AquaBlue

AquaBlue

Idol

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted Today, 08:51 PM (Edited by AquaBlue, Today, 08:52 PM.)

I would recommend APPLE music since the streams weigh more than Spotify. Majority of US residents use AM over Spotify since majority of people use Apple products. I believe a good chunk of US-ARMY use Apple music over Spotify during the comeback season to be honest. However, big fanbase accounts on Twitter should convince more US-ARMY to stream on Apple since the streams count more (1 stream on AM = 2 streams on Spotify premium). 

#25177 hinata100

hinata100

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted Today, 09:08 PM

I would recommend APPLE music since the streams weigh more than Spotify. Majority of US residents use AM over Spotify since majority of people use Apple products. I believe a good chunk of US-ARMY use Apple music over Spotify during the comeback season to be honest. However, big fanbase accounts on Twitter should convince more US-ARMY to stream on Apple since the streams count more (1 stream on AM = 2 streams on Spotify premium).

Thanks for the clarification.. I wasn’t aware it until recently.. I downloaded the album on apple but was using Spotify for streaming. No one talks about It.

#25178 Stepkdramafan226

Stepkdramafan226

BTS PR Team ♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Location: Blasting on full volume ♪ Airplane pt 2 ♪ from AOTY aka ♫ Love Yourself: Her ♫

Posted Today, 09:22 PM

Wow, congrats BTS ahmagahplz.png. They are doing so amazing. Can't wait for answer. 

#25179 Chopa

Chopa

Idol

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted Today, 11:32 PM

Up, Up and Away!