Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Damn armys' buying power is insane

They're closing in on 100k in a week

• Like 1

CVdGduHUYAA5Esm.png

Cr. Selfconfiden

those are hanteo numbers right? they're nearing 200k for gaon if I'm not wrong?

I think bts might crack 85k by the end of the 1st week

I wonder how will the fansign period affect the sales in the upcoming weeks

ahhhhh I'm buzzing, this is amazing

Do they have any scheduled fan signs coming up?

I have high hopes they'll reach 150k before 2016

I wonder will bts get the gaon Q2 (april~june) physical award in 2016....

Their physical sales are looking very optimistic so far.

But wow 80k in 2 days

Armys are going all out

Exo are releasing a full album this time tho, and exodus k ver. Got 480k last year. Bts is doing so well but lets get near that first

Q2's award is going to either exo or bts at this rate.

Competition raises sales dramatically, armys & exols are going to try outdo the other.

Bts has a month to rake up sales but i'm not doubting exo's selling power.

It'll be interesting to see, last year was a close call.

• Like 1

We will probably reach 200k tomorrow or on Friday if they keep selling at the pace they are right one.

Question: do y'all think they can win Q2 despite eco comeback? I hope so. They would be so happy and proud of themselves

Chances are still there but we'd honestly need to be @300k+ to secure a real chance because exo can sell over 100k in a day.

I think their best chances would be if they come back in q3 or q4 with a full album.

what are the downloads for Fire & Save Me?

I wasn't able to check when Fire was in the top3 on melon, what's the highest streaming numbers for Fire thus far?
Has it peaked past 300K yet?

I wonder what their end of year sales would total to, especially if they come back again...

200k (hanteo) in 12~ days though :rlytearpls:

When do you guys think we'll reach 300k? I don't want to give up the hope of them snatching Q2 gaon award...

bts is doing so well digitally, it's unbelievable.

They're only being pushed down by Bolbbalgan4, Park Bogum & the other 2 digital monsters...and even with them , we're maintaining a top 5 rank daily. I have no words to describe the growth this marks for the boys.

I really hope BST catches on in SK but I don't know if I'm reaching. It's just that viral songs are so unpredictable...one can dream.

I don't know if bolbbalgan4 were a famous indie duo to begin with but seeing their success gives me wild dreams that bts can one day sweep the charts like "em.

• Like 6

digimons are creeping up left & right

any time I get a chance to check the melon out, a new digimon releases takes over momentarily

I love Crush & BTS

nnn

anyway, I hope bts maintains top 5 for the remainder of the week

I've been waiting to say "give it a few days for the charts to settle down" so I can sort of predict for my sake how bts will fare this month digitally but a new digimon comes back every few days and not to mention, 2 popular ggs are coming back in the next 2 weeks. Melon especially is crazy.

I think October is the wildest month yet.

It's also really optimistic to note that bts' graph on melon indicates that they're not falling or dipping but it simply comes down to their competitor, Crush & Bolbbalgan4 soaring as soon as the prime hours begin.

Almost 350k a week...that's superb

I wonder if we'll reach 100k next week because i can't tell if the sales are spreaded out over a few weeks or did we go all in for the 1st week since the number is monstrous.

I'm v. curious

Did they chart on hot 100?

Congrats bts for everything you've achieved!!

Bts is scoring them fanboys slay!

I'm loving the steadiness of their melon graph.

Honestly, how pathetic do you have to be to bash armys discussing bts sales & achievements in the respective threads that were created solely for that purpose?

OH is a discussion forum, name dropping other groups isn't necessarily a negative thing. Bringing in other groups doesn't mean we're disrespecting or insulting them...since they're all competing against each other, chasing after the daesangs, whats wrong with using the currently best selling physical selling group as a bar for comparison? That's how you gauge how well everyone is doing.

Disguising group names is sth the whole bloody forum is doing, just to keep things civilised. Not sth exclusive to a fandom, how do you even take sth this trivial to the bashing thread and not be burning with embarrassment for being such a petty bitch.

Mind you lurkers, if discussions do thread the boundaries of being rude then come out and let ppl know here. Stop lurking then bitch on BT.

• Like 11

Warning: not for poor soul and anyone that don't want to involve in mess.

it happened already. Then, we are fandom that being bullied w/ victim complex,

Now, we are BULLIER w/ victim complex. How term has changed to fit their taste

This is far away dream, but I wish one day BTS can be that boygroup w/ digital power.

Its not as far as you think mate

In 2014, we were lucky we they even charted on melon, now they're competing with a myriad of digimons and consistently hanging in the top 10. This a testimony to bts's growth.

But saying that, its going to take a few more singles that achieve similar or better digital sales to be regarded as force to be reckoned with.

Mess, someone actually took screenshots the conversion, now that's just desperate. I don't care as much as I use to the army hate comments are becoming predictable.

Yeah, I would understand the anger if we were disrespectful, but I don't think we were. I've seen Bts and Armys shaded in other sales threads, but I don't see too many people making a fuss about that. The funny thing is it's usually the people that hate armys that keep talking about us. 

Do you guys think that Bts can sale 600K albums?

Very likely, we might even hit that before 2017 comes around. Even if daesangs are out of reach, a gaon q4 would be a great achievement for bts to end the year with.

I think some of you misunderstood what BangtanWings said. BTS obviously aren't digital monsters right now; what that user said it's that they are in the process of turning into one, or in other words, that they have a lot of potential to become one, which it's not an entirely lie.

The few groups that can actually chart this well, are groups who have already reached their peak or had one or various hit songs in the past. So the fact that BTS can chart this well and high, in their 3rd week, against digimons and even without having had any hit song yet, shows a huge potential for them. In general, the fact that they're doing so damn well in many aspects (youtube, digitals, physicals, etc) without having reached their peak and all the things that implies (hit song, daesang, public recognition, etc) it's enough proof that BTS can reach an extraordinary level of sucess if they keep rising and improving.

Lmao, just imagine if they become digital monsters too on top of being already physical/sns/youtube/internationalcharts monsters.  :derp:

I appreciate this kind of optimism.

Their digital performance since INU has been a steady rise, BST is a doing pretty phenomenal for a bg, a bg without any hit songâ„¢ so to speak.

Our next aim would be a CAK, we've landed several real time AKs now since Fire?

It takes a lot to achieve a PAK, you'd really need a song that hits it off with the public to score that.

the chaos that would ensue would be hilarious to witness

200.gif#80

Edited by devilvp
  • Like 7

lol who was the soul that started using that grinch gif again I love it! I saw it photoshopped with a Bangtan banner in the mt too 

If I may ask, what exactly is a PAK? I keep reading different things...

dorkprincess takes the credit

PAK on instiz basically means that a song achieves

• #1 on all real time charts
  • #1 on all daily charts
  • #1 on instiz weekly chart

The instiz weekly chart is even more complicated, it updates hourly. It adds hourly points to into its weekly accumulative chart so a song can achieve a PAK an hour into release as long as its #1 on everything.

So see you see the gist of it, it's almost impossible for a bg to score a PAK. Which is why scoring multiple CAKs is already a huge win for bgs.

And that's our next goal

tumblr_inline_np8v2096Rs1svk4hv_500.gif

High 24 hour views is impressive but it's not the be all & end all. There's vast amount of ways to gauge popularity. Records are made to be broken, by the time BTS makes their next comeback, we might comfortably reach X million views in 24 hours. We won't know till then,  so frankly there's no point stressing about other fandoms.

I'm just high key impressed by BTS longevity. We're literally going against new & old digimons, public friendly trendy ggs and still maintaining a top 10 average placement on melon. I'd cry if this lasts for a full month.

Weekly physical sales have definitely stagnated but that's expected, and optimistically, we'll reach 600K on hanteo by the time 2016 rounds up.

oh, I remember you guys talking about a WINGS repack and just a late thought

I don't know what BH & BTS has planned for next year but I hope they'll make 2 group comebacks
excluding WINGS repack so if it were to happen then a Jan-Feb repack would be ideal.
Competition in Q1 of any year is generally low and you have a whole year to accumulate sales for an added bonus.

But that's also after the end of year awards season rush so I hope they'll get sufficient rest before attempting anything.

I don't need them to break their spines to satisfy anyone.

Updates:

• WINGS sold 530k on Hanteo. 530,069 as of 12/18/2016
  • WINGS passed the 700k mark on Gaon. 714,614 as of 12/08/16.
  • Blood Sweat & Tears reached 550k downloads. 553,901 as of 12/15/2016
  • Blood Sweat & Tears reached 22m streams. 22,621,951 as of 12/15/2016
  • WINGS total downloads: 1,716,030 as of 12/15/2016.
  • BTS already has 305m streams on Spotify.

in less than 2 months, WINGS accumulated <2M downloads

that's a humongous increase from 2015 digital sales 9124DHh.gif

BS&T's longevity is very impressive

Can we have this thread pinned in the charts section or at least make it more searchable?
Looking for this on mobile is a bit of a pain, the tags don't seem as effective (using the search fnc)

Edited by devilvp

How does the gaon's new 6 week rule affect wings' chance of winning q4?

I don't understand how its being counted.

I feel relatively certain that the new rules will begin for 2017 which is why they announced them today. But in the event that it did apply retroactively, it doesn't affect Wings at all (since the other highest selling album of the quarter did not meet Wings' 6 week album sales I don't think). Quarter 4 runs October - December. So, the 6 weeks of Wings already fell in that window. But if you release an album at the end of the quarter (like mid December), theoretically sales of that album for the rest of December + January would now be considered "quarter 4".

I think the intent is to not penalize people for releasing albums toward the end of a designated quarter but to more accurately reflect the sales of an album released DURING the quarter.

What I wonder is if they are only counting the first 6 weeks of sales or ALL sales if the album release falls in the entire quarter.(I'm just using Wings as an example as I don't think the rule is retroactive, but --) i.e. Wings sales from Oct 10 - December 31st. Or would it just be Oct 10 - Nov 21st sales? That way they get an even window of time for every album released during the period.

These are quarter awards, so why doesn't it reflect 3 month sales?

It benefits those that release late into a Q so they have a chance of competing but on the other hand, thats dismissing a month of Wings' sales....although the bulk of it was sold in the first month.

I'm just conflicted. Hopefully, this new system isn't implemented for the upcoming award. Its screwing multiple artists up

well, and re: your second sentence - I don't know that they were super clear about that. Is the quarter now defined solely by 6 weeks so that all albums released during the quarter are on a playing field? Or does it count all sales during the quarter, but if your release does not have a full 6 weeks in the quarter, it extends past the traditional end to give 6 weeks total at least?

No clue.

Hopefully they clarify the budding confusion. This evens out the playing field and I appreciate it but I do hope the new system is implemented for the 2018 awards & onwards and not this one. For eg, this would give BB's album a fighting chance and reduce bts'…but idk. I just don't like feeling so confused.

Wings was their highly anticipated 2nd full album, we were all absolutely stoked at the sheer demand; as a repack of some form, YNWA will probably sell 500k on gaon, 350-450 hanteo. Thats a safe estimate.

I'm not bogged down by sales or the possible 1m seller title, sooner or later, wings will cross 1m anyway.

I want more details on the tracklist & music though, stop holding back bh

• Like 1

Don't get bogged down by preorder numbers. Wings is a highly anticipated full album, it's unclear what YNWA even is.

Naturally, many armys are holding back, so do expect a surge when tracklist and teasers are out. Its already doing better than YF which is huge plus.