Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

waaaaay better than expected 

I wonder if the sales will decline by a lot. pt1 sold very consistently. even now it does. 

they collected a lot of fans during the break. there could be a huge surge in beginning and it'll fall off as the pre orders and initial purchases end? 

There will have some fansigns as well, plus Meet&Greet. Which will also bring in some extra sales. 

Don't know how much, maybe there won't be as many fansigns as it was for pt.1, since they are also busy with the Japanese concert, and the various year end award ceremonies. 

I can maybe see them holding more fansigns during the follow-up promotions maybe they will have more time during that period. 

But yeah, a lot of fans that got into them during INU or after are now buying now the albums at the beginning so the beginning sales are bigger now. 

Edited by Nevermind

And from what I heard there are shops that are out of stock, so the albums of fans who ordered their album from those, will be added to the hanteo numbers later (when it gets shipped out).

I'm still confused tho I already know that pre-order will be recorded on Gaon, right? Does it mean hanteo sales who already almost 80k different from 150k pre-order? So, 80k + 150k on Gaon chart no? enlighten me pls. 

No.

Gaon: counts shipments to shops that report to Gaon. 

Hanteo: counts albums that are sold to customers in shops that report to Hanteo. 

Example:

Lets say I have a shop that reports to both Gaon and Hanteo. I order 100 hyyhpt2 albums -> 100 albums reported to Gaon when the 100 album arrives into my shop. 

I sell 80 albums from those this week -> I report 80 album to hanteo after I sold them. 

Now not all shops report to Gaon, not all report to hanteo. 

That 150k preorder are not done by fans, but by shops. Various shops preordered that many before the first week so they would have the album in stock in order to be able to sell it, once the album is officially released.

Obviously the preorders that fans did at online shops are included since those shops also needed to preorder those albums from BH in order to be able to sell it to the customers. 

It looks like this:

Gaon counts these                    Hanteo counts these

BigHit produces the album -> ships it out to shops based on -> shops sell it to fans

Edited by Nevermind
  • Like 7

what about gaon? or is that only release at the end of year?

Gaon numbers are not out yet. 

Gaon only shows the monthly numbers. Idk wether it will be the next or the week after that when we will know the November number. 

Thank You!!

So that 192K+ does not include November, yea BTS defiantly have a high chance of breaking 200K.

Now i'm even more excited for november sales :ahmagah:  

Actually not necesserily. 

It happens that some shops order more albums, and send some back later.

Because of that the end of the year Gaon number tends to be a little lower than adding up the monthly Gaon numbers.

The year end Gaon number is a corrected number. 

Probably it will break 200k eventually even if not this year. 

How much did they sell the past two days on Hanteo?

12.08:   6313

12.09:   7448

They sold 7901 TMBMILpt.2 album on the first week in Japan according to Oricon.

As a comparission they sold 2834 album for pt.1 in the first week. 

Also since it is revelant to their sales, the Billboard article about breaking into the Top200 as the first non SM&YG artist. 

was today fansign registration? 

I think yeah. I saw some fans saying on twitter how they didn't get in to XY fansign, and were sad. Usually the lottery happens at the end of the fansign registration day. 

A lot of the fansign registrations are already done like 6 of them. 

They had registrations for multiple ones already.

fansign schedules so far:

10 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (Gangnam)
11 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (Sinchon)
13 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (Gwanghwamun)
16 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (ilsan)
17 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (COEX Gangnam)
18 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (Yeuido)
19 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (Apgujeong)
20 December BTS 4th Mini Album <화양연화 pt.2> Fansigning (Incheon)
Edited by Nevermind

Hm, hm, hm, maybe this should be the official thread for their physicals and digitals? Like other acts on here have their threads with their physicals + digitals combined. I'll be posting the 1st week downloads and streams here soon.

I think that is a good idea!!

Why did they sell so little today?

It is Sunday. Sunday sales are usually way lower to everyone. 

Unless there is a fansign reg, etc... 

Edited by Nevermind
  • Like 1

Next time, Bangtan should comeback when there is less competition for more exposure.

The problem is with Bangtan's comeback is the concert tours are scheduled months before and those kinda set the time of the comeback for them, they can't really change much up. Maybe a week give or take, but they can't play much with it, so they pretty much just have to ignore the competition in some sense, and just focus on themself.  

In a way, should I say that tough competition is not necesserily a problem?

This way they stay hungry since the success won't just easily fall into their lap.

Hopefully it will drive them more to keep on releasing great albums.

This weeks sales so far:

151214   1605

151215   2289

151216   1462

151217   2789

151218   6582

Total so far: 150640 

Also this is the baidu thread about their comeback, this is where I got these numbers from. 

Bangtan (TBMIL pt 2): http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4185943446

And I found this thread in the Hanteo sales thread thanks to @dragonfly0915

i think i went there actually but you need to login to go beyond the first page?

Not necesserily  :ninja:

Instead of clicking of another page, just enter the page number (like 77) and hit enter.

That way, if you manually enter the page number instead of just clicking, you can check out all the pages. 

Can someone tell me what were the weekly sales for the old BTS albums in the past two weeks? Or a link where I can check it? 

2cool4skool, O!RUL8,2?, Skool Luv Affair, Dark&Wild and HYYH pt1 ? 

The thread where I chekced it previously stopped updating their sales. 

Today sales are high is this because of the upcoming fansign?

Yes it was an end of a fansign reg.

And there is still one fansign reg left. 

Edited by Nevermind

Btw, if you guys are interested in how they did this week:

http://www.melon.com/search/total/index.htm?q=%EB%B0%A9%ED%83%84%EC%86%8C%EB%85%84%EB%8B%A8&section=&searchGnbYn=Y&ipath=srch_form

.....ugh, I forgot to look at last week's.  :soul:

^

I just checked it now as well, and after the Gayo's their listeners increased. 

I remember when you posted it it was around 30 something k daily. And now it is above 40k daily for a few days now.

Thank you for this link btw :)

Also: here is an article on gaon, and there are some charts about Bangtan, Seventeen, BlockB and Ikon

If someone wants to check it out.

BTS - The Most Beautiful Moment In Life pt.2 is 1st on the  Billboard World Album Chart again. link

• Like 1

Btw, if you guys are interested in how they did this week:

http://www.melon.com/search/total/index.htm?q=%EB%B0%A9%ED%83%84%EC%86%8C%EB%85%84%EB%8B%A8&section=&searchGnbYn=Y&ipath=srch_form

.....ugh, I forgot to look at last week's. :soul:

Can I ask, thos numbers on the diagram (37,9 k for 01.21) are the number of unique listeners daily?

Because I have been checking out time to time, and just out of curiosity checked out other groups too, and ever since I have been checkint out BTS never had under 34k daily, while out of curiosity I checked out the other boygroups on the sidelines and I noticed even above 20k daily numbers, and that made me surprised (since some of them does overall better digitally than BTS).

So I just wanted to ask what the number on the graphs represents? 

It's search trends. I think I clarified it on the BTS thread. Merely search trends, but you can view it as potential listeners (because it can sort of translate to that, in a way). 

Oh thanks!

So finally was able to find some charts about how their older albums are selling on hanteo in the past month (not for every week, neither for every day), the thing is they are selling reeaaally well 

The daily hanteo charts include 30 albums.

1. On every daily chart I found the hyyh pt.2, hyyh pt.1, dark&wild and skool luv affair are charting, but on most of them the O!RUL8,2? and 2cool4skool albums are on it as well. This is actually better than how they were selling the old albums during INU, and during the summer, since it was rare that all album were in the daily chart, usually sla or d&w was there, but not always like now.

2. All of them are on the weekly chart (top100), but that has been like that ever since I observe it (like the beginning of 2015)

3. BTS has been selling their old albums for quite a while exceptionally (it is not that typical). But recently it is even bigger. As a comparission during INU the dark&wild and skool luv affair albums were selling somewhat more than 100-150 weekly. Then somewhere around July it went above a little 200 weekly for them (obviously there were exceptions, I am talking about how the numbers are changing in a bigger scale), and then after RUN comeback they started selling over 300 weekly and now they are selling above 400. 

In the week of 2016.01.04-2016.01.10

sla: 496    d&w: 480

In the week of 2016.01.11-2016.01.17

sla: 453    d&w: 510 

For the older albums (oru, 2c4s) they were selling around 100 weekly during INU, during summer started selling 150 weekly, during RUN started selling 200 weekly, and now above 300 weekly:

In the week of 2016.01.04-2016.01.10 

oru: 367    2c4s: 336

In the week of 2016.01.11-2016.01.17

oru: 302    2c4s: 319

So what I mean to say? It is not just the fancafe members that are rapidly increasingly nowdays in a way bigger scale than they did during INU and Dope (and those were big as well, the 1500-3000 weekly increasing was seen as big, but now 6000-7000 there was even week when it was like 10000 that increased). 

Their old albums are selling like they haven't (or never) for a really long time, the new fans just keep comming in, and in an even bigger number than during the INU, Dope period 

:shock:

PS: HYYH pt.1 has been selling over 1000 weekly 

These are good numbers on hanteo chart for older albums.

Indicates the influx of new fans. 

Edited by Nevermind
  • Like 4

18vnb.gif18vnb.gif18vnb.gif

Im so f*cking happy after reading this. It makes me so so proud to see them raising like this. And to think that this is basically only the beginning for them. I'm pretty sure success will keep finding them.

This made me emotional af. I love this group so much. ♡

The HHYH pt.2 is also back on the US itunes top100 pop album chart. 

It was on it for quite a while, but las week it went out for a few days, but now it is back.

(also for a while it was hanging around 40-50 place, so when I say it was on the chart for a while, it doesn't simply mean around 100th places, even if now they are there)

In this link you can monitor the various different itunes charts for different countries. Link

You can also check out the kpop charts on that page.

Kpop albums can make this pop chart but usually they disappear from it a week after the release. 

Maybe I should have done screencaps for recieps, so sorry, you have to trust in my memory  :lol:

Edited by Nevermind