1999 replies to this topic

#1961 hatfelt

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts
  • LocationFany Shoulders

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:08 PM

Pettersson may be good but our Elias is better than their's https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... Lindholm is killing it on the first line

Also having a good defence and solid goaltending is overrated, who needs that am I right? 

helps having johnny hockey laser pass it right on the tape xD that was a dope game last night. 

#1962 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:20 PM

2-0 so far. (Avs fan.)

Big worry was first line not duplicating last seasons explosion. Remains to be seen.

#1963 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:03 PM (Edited by Hanrei Hannen, 12 October 2018 - 05:55 PM.)

TIL how close we are to Philadelphia:

• Perpetually mediocre
  • Young, talented offence and defence
  • Inability to find consistent, half-decent goaltending (edit: watching Flames-Blues and this is so painfully true)
  • An enigma and impossible to predict because of said goaltending
  • Overshadowed by rival who keeps getting generational talents and has much more success as a result
  • Destined to disappoint despite the team looking really good on paper

e: May have lost while conceding five goals but I'm not too unhappy tbh, I liked the fightback and hard work (last year's team would've given up after the third goal) and you can definitely see that we have a good team. Rittich looks like a good backup. Peters seems a lot better than Gulutzan. Bennett's been working really hard, hopefully he can get a goal soon to really boost his confidence, him and Neal seem like a good duo so far.

#1964 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:31 PM (Edited by Hanrei Hannen, 25 October 2018 - 10:42 PM.)

nQ9KqGy.png

Someone just end me. What even is defence. It's so BAD. There's still six minutes left in the second period...

irQ2y1P.png

e: TOUCHDOWNNNNNNNN

e2: 9-1, hey at least we outshot them ilikeitplz.png

#1965 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:33 AM

Seems like the Pens took some of Michael's Secret Stuff and just poured it on and never stopped.

After a tough 1-0 loss to Tampa (made worse by a called back goal on a ticky tack call), we keep rolling. If our top 3 ever slows down or gets injured, this team could be in a world of hurt. Need secondary scoring in the worst way.

#1966 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:08 PM (Edited by Hanrei Hannen, 01 November 2018 - 11:09 PM.)

4-1 down and we won 6-5 whew what a weird game with some questionable refereeing. It looks like that 9-1 loss awakened us. Mike Smith though... I get Peters is trying to get him his confidence back but yikes.

I'm really starting to see shades of that amazing 2014-15 year, which is my favourite Flames team that I've ever seen. I loved watching hockey and the Flames so much that year rlytearpls.png

wTcFswD.png

#1967 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:35 PM

Depressing. Avs got outplayed. Smith made it more interesting then it was. The major penalty on a clean hit was where it all went wrong.

#1968 TheBatman

TheBatman

Idol

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canada

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:00 AM

Fuck Mike Smith rn holy shit.

#1969 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:37 PM

Fuck Mike Smith rn holy shit.

Ikr? He's the worst goalie in the league that's getting regular minutes and I can't be convinced otherwise, single-handedly lost us that Montreal game and probably even Anaheim, and that's just recently. We're legitimately a good team and we should be top of the division with a bullet right now, we're only third because Smith can't stop conceding soft goals. Rittich got his first career shutout and hasn't played at all since then, it's been a week since that shutout. Absolute joke.

If Smith starts against the Oilers tomorrow I'm not even going to bother watching. I have better shit to do than watch McDavid score four against him.

#1970 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:32 AM

Laine exploded tonight. 5 goals in one game. Geez.

My Avs have righted the ship, apparently. Mikko leading the league in points, looking like a super stud.

#1971 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

Flames scored five in one period again, that's four times now this season. Came back from 1-4 down to win 9-6, I wish I could've watched it :(

#1972 TheBatman

TheBatman

Idol

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canada

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:52 AM

I think James Neal forgot how to play hockey. 

#1973 hatfelt

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts
  • LocationFany Shoulders

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

Flames scored five in one period again, that's four times now this season. Came back from 1-4 down to win 9-6, I wish I could've watched it :(

bruh i got tix for the pens flames game in february ahmagahplz.png  first time i'll be seeing the flames in person

#1974 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:03 PM (Edited by Toko Fukawa, 05 January 2019 - 09:03 PM.)

bruh i got tix for the pens flames game in february https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...  first time i'll be seeing the flames in person

Niceeee that's really cool to hear! Both of our teams are looking really good this year, especially on offense, so it should be a fun game (I don't think we'll lose 9-1 again, unless Mike Smith is in net)

Also just need to say that Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm + Tkachuk and Gio are fun af to watch in-person

#1975 hatfelt

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts
  • LocationFany Shoulders

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:17 PM (Edited by hatfelt, 05 January 2019 - 11:18 PM.)

Niceeee that's really cool to hear! Both of our teams are looking really good this year, especially on offense, so it should be a fun game (I don't think we'll lose 9-1 again, unless Mike Smith is in net)

Also just need to say that Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm + Tkachuk and Gio are fun af to watch in-person

Haha that game was a disaster

Yeah I'm super excited to see Johnny hockey in person. He's definitely my favorite non pen not named Fleury lol

#1976 jennaayy

jennaayy

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

Excited to attend the skills competition at the All-Star game later this month. Not sure if I want to see the game yet--tickets are $300+. 

#1977 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:31 AM

Oilers fire Chiarelli, took them long enough jfc. Good thing for their fans that he's been fired before he could do even more serious long-term damage. Now maybe Edmonton can get a GM who has more than one brain cell and can give McDavid actual wingers to play with.

I'm going to miss him, he was a great double agent for us.

#1978 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

As long as it isn't some retread has been then I can see them doing well. I'm of the opinion that the goalie resigning wasn't that bad. Little pricey but now they have to find a way to convince someone that Talbot can reclaim his past glory.

You gotta think trading Hall for Adam fucking Larsson of all people and the Eberle trade turns into waiver fodder. That is not a good look. They have a few good pieces but their boat anchor Defense with even more boat anchor contracts are weighing them down.

You would think someone of McJesus's skill would be able to mesh well with a plethora of guys, but apparently not. You don't even have to think as fast as him, you just have to somewhat keep up. They put him with Drai and Nuge a lot but that just depletes the other three lines. I can't imagine the mutiny if they get someone like Jack Hughes on top of the 30 other top picks they've had in the last few years.

#1979 hatfelt

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts
  • LocationFany Shoulders

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:22 PM

Damn Kucherov's got 99 points in 60 games. He'll for sure challenge Thornton's post 2000's lock out record of 125 and Jagr's 98-99 dead puck era season with 127. That would leave him only behind Mario (161) and Jagr's (149) 95-96 totals for most points in the "dead puck era".

The last time anyone even scored over 120 was with Sid 120 point season over 10 years ago. #RememberWhenJaimeBennLedTheLeagueWith87PointsLOL

#1980 hatfelt

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts
  • LocationFany Shoulders

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:23 PM (Edited by hatfelt, 19 February 2019 - 12:24 PM.)

a few pics from the flames-pens game on saturday

#BannersBruh ilikeitplz.png

pJtRprn.jpg

#BlurrryAssJohnnyHockeyFrom1,000FeetAway

4PB4ktc.jpg

Faceoff

yPBsZUl.jpg

Up, Up and Away!