2004 replies to this topic

#1981 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

Damn Kucherov's got 99 points in 60 games. He'll for sure challenge Thornton's post 2000's lock out record of 125 and Jagr's 98-99 dead puck era season with 127. That would leave him only behind Mario (161) and Jagr's (149) 95-96 totals for most points in the "dead puck era".

The last time anyone even scored over 120 was with Sid 120 point season over 10 years ago. #RememberWhenJaimeBennLedTheLeagueWith87PointsLOL

Tampa are so good it's unfair, they have no weaknesses. They have everything. If they don't win the cup this year then it's a massive failure imo

Seeing those Stanley Cup champions banners makes me jealous, all we have are empty achievements like "Smythe Division champions" to go with our one Stanley Cup, almost all of it from the 1980s with the odd "Pacific Division champion" from the 90s or 00s. Sums up our franchise well tbh, mediocrity. ilikeitplz.png Game was entertaining though, it was really tense. Still shocked that Mike Smith and Derek Ryan were both really good that day.

#1982 hatfelt

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts
  • LocationFany Shoulders

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

Tampa are so good it's unfair, they have no weaknesses. They have everything. If they don't win the cup this year then it's a massive failure imo

Seeing those Stanley Cup champions banners makes me jealous, all we have are empty achievements like "Smythe Division champions" to go with our one Stanley Cup, almost all of it from the 1980s with the odd "Pacific Division champion" from the 90s or 00s. Sums up our franchise well tbh, mediocrity. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... Game was entertaining though, it was really tense. Still shocked that Mike Smith and Derek Ryan were both really good that day.

Maybe this is the year you guys exact your revenge!dave.png 

makes me miss the old division names...

yeah it was a really exciting game. Plus all the dudes who scored for the flames have 20 like combined goals lol so flames played a really nice team game.

#1983 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:14 AM

Maybe this is the year you guys exact your revenge!https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

makes me miss the old division names...

yeah it was a really exciting game. Plus all the dudes who scored for the flames have 20 like combined goals lol so flames played a really nice team game.

lol I'd be happy if we can just win a round this year tbh, I've only watched this team win one playoff round (I actually don't remember watching the 2004 run, I don't know if I was just too young or if my brain has repressed it). As fun as a rematch with Tampa sounds, I don't think my heart could handle the stress that that series would give me... the trauma from losing might be enough for me to stop watching hockey lmao

#1984 hatfelt

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts
  • LocationFany Shoulders

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:35 AM (Edited by hatfelt, 21 February 2019 - 12:36 AM.)

lol I'd be happy if we can just win a round this year tbh, I've only watched this team win one playoff round (I actually don't remember watching the 2004 run, I don't know if I was just too young or if my brain has repressed it). As fun as a rematch with Tampa sounds, I don't think my heart could handle the stress that that series would give me... the trauma from losing might be enough for me to stop watching hockey lmao

well, i can say i've felt the same before.  Pens sucked for a good portion of my life and not to mention we almost lost the team. Then when we finally made the cup we had to play that monster red wings team. But, i still loved that season. Fortunately we got another shot at them, and won 2 more since then. Just have a little faith and enjoy the ride!

#1985 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

(keep getting unfollowed from this topic)

Duchene finally traded. Decent return but the that doesn't mitigate the cost it took to get him from the Avs initially.

#1986 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:06 PM (Edited by Migatte, 22 February 2019 - 08:06 PM.)

Yeah, not a bad deal for Ottawa tbh, potentially two first rounders is pretty good considering the circumstances. Really wonder how much Stone will go for now that Panarin's off the market and Duchene probably just set the price for a highly-desired rental forward...

#1987 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:57 PM

Hopefully my Avs are starting to heat up. They were putrid for awhile there.

#1988 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:20 AM (Edited by Migatte, 01 March 2019 - 12:21 AM.)

Leafs are my second team, but Leafs-Islanders was definitely the funniest game I've watched this season

Funniest part was during the video tribute when they showed him with the disabled children and you could hear booing and "asshole" chants, Islanders fans are ruthless lmao

#1989 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:29 AM

I didn't have a problem with it. Of course, it wasn't my team that was ruthlessly and utterly betrayed.

#1990 TheBatman

TheBatman

Idol

• PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canada

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

First time I ever cried over a jersey retirement.

Thank you Iggy!

#1991 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:43 PM

Well, my Avs made it. Came down to the wire but got it done. Didn't think we were gonna make it when we had an abysmal month mostly due to inconsistent goal tending and defensive play.

Making the playoffs plus potentially getting the 1st overall pick and getting D Cale Makar either this year or next year. Things are looking bright in Avalanche land.

#1992 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:45 PM (Edited by Harukaito, 07 April 2019 - 05:45 PM.)

YyD62Po.png

yeah I really went bold here, I know imstupid.png

It's just too hard for me to pick upsets lol

#1993 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:25 PM (Edited by Harukaito, 09 April 2019 - 07:44 PM.)

Going on record right now to say that if Edmonton gets a top 2 pick then I'm done watching hockey

e: bruh that leak was legit lmao, I'm kinda fine with this top 3 tbh but Chicago getting top 3 is annoying.

#1994 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:59 PM

Second time in the last few years Avs had the top pick but then top out of top three. Fuck the Oilers.

#1995 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:16 PM (Edited by Harukaito, 15 April 2019 - 10:25 PM.)

MacKinnon is really good, unlike the Flames in that first period. Getting completely out-worked and out-played, no pace, no urgency, no physicality. Just nothing. No effort. Why do they dump the puck into the corners every time they get possession, and then half-ass their forechecking? Top 6, especially the first line, are like ghosts. The defence may as well not even be there. Yes, the refereeing has been fucking bullshit to be frank, and I usually don't like to put the blame on referees, but this play is inexcusable nonetheless. I feel so sorry for Mike Smith rn, he does not deserve this. This is the first period that I've watched of this series, since I was busy during the other two games, and that is what I see? Fuck this, I'm going back to studying. My good mood has been completely ruined.

#1996 atreyuavenged

atreyuavenged

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:36 AM

I also don't think Mike Smith was the problem in any of the games so far. Flames are getting shellacked by the Avs speed and they just aren't matching up to the intensity the Avs are bringing. I thought the Avs Defensive play would be an issue but so far it hasn't. Johnny Hockey has legitimately been missing. Same with Monahan. 1 chance or so each game is not enough for them and as an Avs fan, I hope it stays that way. I just don't think Johnny Hockey has it in him to play the tough grind of playoff hockey.

Gotta say, that extra shenanigannery after the whistle is not sitting well with me. I'd be worried if someone like Reaves or Wilson were out their, but I don't think there's any on the Flames that intimidates the Avs the way Zadorov intimidates them.

Didn't mind the officiating tonight. Even thought a penalty or two on both teams were probably not penalties even in the regular season.

Nice to see Makar get on the board in his first game. Looks like he's gonna be a good one. That does burn his ELC so now we have to protect him in the upcoming expansion draft.

#1997 Joon

Joon

BOOYAH!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,529 posts
  • Location^^

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:47 PM (Edited by Joon, 16 April 2019 - 11:51 PM.)

Hah, I didn’t know this thread existed.

I haven’t been into hockey for very long, this was my first full season. The Blue Jackets are my team and I never though they would win this series, let alone sweep! TBh I thought going All In was going to be a failure. I didn’t think I they were ready, but they have proved me wrong. No matter what happens, I am proud of them. My husband has been a fan for many years and he cried tonight. It was amazing!

Also I had the Islanders and the Jackets advancing so my bracket so far is looking just fine.

#1998 jennaayy

jennaayy

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:27 AM

Well, the Sharks are pretty much out. The series was promising to begin with but ever since the blown call in Game 2, it's gone downhill since then. 

#1999 Guardian of the Galaxy

Guardian of the Galaxy

Social GFriend Warrior

• PipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Location(Gravitationally) attracted to the supermassive black hole at the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:29 AM

Hah, I didn’t know this thread existed.

I haven’t been into hockey for very long, this was my first full season. The Blue Jackets are my team and I never though they would win this series, let alone sweep! TBh I thought going All In was going to be a failure. I didn’t think I they were ready, but they have proved me wrong. No matter what happens, I am proud of them. My husband has been a fan for many years and he cried tonight. It was amazing!

Also I had the Islanders and the Jackets advancing so my bracket so far is looking just fine.

Congrats on the sweep, before playoffs I could maybe be convinced that Tampa would lose to Columbus (I personally predicted a Tampa sweep) but I never envisioned that Columbus would sweep. They completely dismantled one of the best-assembled hockey teams I've ever seen. If all goes well my team should have the misfortune of lining against yours next round, lol. With Game 4 at home we have a good chance of going up 3-1 over Boston which would put us real close to finally exorcising that demon.

#2000 Harukaito

Harukaito

⬨ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ Lɪᴇ ⬧

• PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • LocationHope Searching

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:22 AM (Edited by Harukaito, 18 April 2019 - 12:48 AM.)

I hope Mike Smith rips into all his teammates in the locker room, what a waste of amazing goaltending performances. Embarrassing. Every Flames player except for him (e: Lindholm, Valimaki, and Bennett too, kind of) should be completely ashamed of themselves.

Up, Up and Away!