Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Barack Oppama

☾ Official Moonsun Thread ☀ - South Korea's #1 Mango Juice Consumers; HAPPY TWO YEARS!

Hi all, Earlier like about two to three month ago I tried to log in but having error msg unable to log in Onehally.com , Today tried and able to log in. Is like more than 6 months not log in here. It seem like many pages in this thread  is missing or am I wrong/ Hope this thread is still alive. :)  To me I still somehow feel Moonsun is real and they are an item sure many here the same as me?

Edited by jos_123

Just because this site was down for months doesn't mean Moonsun was down for months....

THEY STILL GAY

• Like 1

Moonsun flirting on the fancafe. Also Moonbyul is now officially “colleague 1” on Solarsido.

Also, where is everyone? 

Sadly, I think MoonSun died about the same time as OH, the end of May.  You could see heartbroken Byul all during June, and Solar essentially avoided her on the stage as much as possible.  Since then, they have reconciled but the vibe is completely different now.  They are more like BFF's rather than lovers.  And watching them on stage, it's clear that while Moonbyul would still like to get back together, Solar's not having it.  More evidence: Solar never calls Moonbyul by name in her videos anymore, she refers to her as "colleague #1".  We've had no new YKBK with just the two of them since the break up.  They haven't gone on a single trip together since January, I think.  Solar spends far more time with other people these days, even going on a date with a male fan recently.  And other females seem to be hitting on Moonbyul far more than they used to.  This time last year, none of those girls on Queendom would have been saying squat to Moonbyul; this year, they seemed to be far more aggressive.  She seems to be shooting them all down, though, near as I can tell.  I hope she doesn't carry that torch for Solar for too long.  YouTube opinion seems to be that WheeByul is on the rise, but I don't get any lovers vibe from them, either.  What do you all think?

My guess is most of the OH regulars haven't discovered that OH is back yet.  Four months is practically an eternity in web time.

Edited by Anonygent
Fixed time
  • Like 1

I'm mostly a lurker, but I don't think they ended. It's more like all of MAMAMOO is losing their beagleness, and mostly just evolving, and rightfully expecting mroe respect. I think they are mostly just super, super busy. Solar may just be so busy with her youtube channel that she has not had much time for YKBK, also Moonbyul is constantly in her vicinity anyways. Even in her youtube videos Moonbyul is in the background (even with the international fan). Recently Wheein and Hwasa have both been talking about Solar and Moonbyul being together all of the time. (Like driving together a lot, and going out to get food together a lot etc.). If they were ever a thing, I do not think it's over. I think what is more likely is they are all getting older, they are all extremely busy, and Moonsun might just be out of they honeymoon phase completely. Which means less moonsun moments, although I am not sure about performances, but they don't seem to have argued at all during any of them recently.

• Like 1

I respect your opinion and you make a good case, but I'm not convinced.  I watched a video earlier today or yesterday in which Solar told Moonbyul to get her hands off of her clothes, almost as though she was saying, "We're not together any more, you don't have the right to touch me like that."  That's not something you would have heard a year ago, and certainly not the same Solar who fixed Moonbyul's pants right on stage in front of everyone.

I'm going to leave it at that, this being a MoonSun thread, I don't want to be a downer or thread killer.  Mark me down as a firm believer in MoonSun from mid-2016 to mid-2019.  And I still low-key ship WheeSa.

spacer.png

Edited by Anonygent
Moving pic
  • Dislike 2

New member here (I've been around just lurking) .. I just got through all the pages and wow 😍 so much MoonSun/YKBK love. I ship them so hard haha 

That being said, I did get a vibe that something was off at the most recent KBS show for Christmas. Idk maybe it's just me overthinking it seeing as we don't really know their personal lives too but I am choosing to believe that these two are soulmate and will work through whatever trouble it is..  

Moonbyul and Solar will forever be OTP for me

Edited by Moonbyuldululu
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:45 AM, Anonygent said:

Sadly, I think MoonSun died about the same time as OH, the end of May.  You could see heartbroken Byul all during June, and Solar essentially avoided her on the stage as much as possible.  Since then, they have reconciled but the vibe is completely different now.  They are more like BFF's rather than lovers.  And watching them on stage, it's clear that while Moonbyul would still like to get back together, Solar's not having it.  More evidence: Solar never calls Moonbyul by name in her videos anymore, she refers to her as "colleague #1".  We've had no new YKBK with just the two of them since the break up.  They haven't gone on a single trip together since January, I think.  Solar spends far more time with other people these days, even going on a date with a male fan recently.  And other females seem to be hitting on Moonbyul far more than they used to.  This time last year, none of those girls on Queendom would have been saying squat to Moonbyul; this year, they seemed to be far more aggressive.  She seems to be shooting them all down, though, near as I can tell.  I hope she doesn't carry that torch for Solar for too long.  YouTube opinion seems to be that WheeByul is on the rise, but I don't get any lovers vibe from them, either.  What do you all think?

My guess is most of the OH regulars haven't discovered that OH is back yet.  Four months is practically an eternity in web time.

Mybe they never officially date and now one of them (maybe Solar?) has moved on... idk something is off. 
Can you elaborate about the "heartbroken Byul " pls?
Edited by TheCatLady

10 hours ago, TheCatLady said:

Mybe they never officially date and now one of them (maybe Solar?) has moved on... idk something is off. 

Yes, if you can please elaborate on that. And do you know which video Solar said to not touch her?

Edited by Mamamoonbyulshi

That is fair. I do sort of agree something is a little off, they are way more distant than they were before. It is weird because it does seem that they are less touchy with each other and affectionate, but are still very close and around each other all of the time. It's like their clinginess and infatuation with each other dissipated. Maybe they were never really a thing? Or they are just busy and such and are used to each others presence now. Maybe they were together and did end up splitting or amicably growing apart. I don't blame them for wanting privacy too, especially with each of them getting so popular now, who knows? They are still obviously close, but who knows why the nature of their interactions changed?

8 hours ago, eclipsing.angel said:

That is fair. I do sort of agree something is a little off, they are way more distant than they were before. It is weird because it does seem that they are less touchy with each other and affectionate, but are still very close and around each other all of the time. It's like their clinginess and infatuation with each other dissipated. Maybe they were never really a thing? Or they are just busy and such and are used to each others presence now. Maybe they were together and did end up splitting or amicably growing apart. I don't blame them for wanting privacy too, especially with each of them getting so popular now, who knows? They are still obviously close, but who knows why the nature of their interactions changed?

Agree w this- but also am super confused as to the state of the relationship, like it seems like they simultaneously spend so much time together (aka colleague 1 literally in the background of/filming 80% of solarsido videos)- to the point where I'm not even sure where solar would get the time to spend with another bf/gf if she had one + sharing/buying similar clothes with each other, while also having other things like the more distant vibe + mb complaining that solar is too busy nowadays for ykbk

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 11:36 PM, TheCatLady said:

On 12/30/2019 at 2:52 AM, Mamamoonbyulshi said:

Yes, if you can please elaborate on that. And do you know which video Solar said to not touch her?

Ugh.  I've spent a couple hours looking for the original videos.  As usual, I can't find them.  One of them was a concert back at the end of May, and Solar was avoiding Moonbyul entirely.  She and Wheein were doing the playing potato thing Solar usually did with Moonbyul, and all the other interactions that typically occurred between them were entirely lacking.  Moonbyul and Hwasa were left to their own devices, and Moonbyul looked like a kicked basset hound, or like I do when I get my heart broken.  It was clear, at least to me, that she was on the verge of tears almost the entire concert.  The only time she smiled was when all the girls screamed for her rap part.  The signs of an impending breakup had been coming for a couple of months prior, though I doubt Moonbyul realized it.  Moonbyul gave Solar flowers and Solar rolled her eyes and said, "I don't want it."  Solar said in one of her Solarsido videos that Moonbyul showed up at her house and Solar asked her why she was there, like she needed a reason.  In their last YKBK, Solar include two other girls to keep Moonbyul's hands off of her, and Moonbyul shifted her position so that she was sitting below Solar, a supplicating move.  All very bad signs, and then that concert, I just said, "Oh, gawd, Solar dumped her."

The video which has Solar asking Moonbyul to take her hands off her was a relatively recent MMMTV episode.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, Mamamoonbyulshi said:

Did anyone watch the YKBK Vlive they just did? 

Yes, I did. Interesting chemistry.  Is Solar having second thoughts?  She said in her year end video that there was something she "regretted" in 2019.  Could that have been breaking up with Moonbyul?  She still shows a lot of dissatisfaction/intolerance for Moonbyul's abuse.  If Moonbyul would just treat Solar better than a 5 year old bully, maybe she could still salvage their relationship.

Yeah, I can agree there is a distance. However, during the YKBK video with the other two girls they seemed close too. They spent the morning together, got all of the food and such, and went to IKEA table and built it that day right? That seems like a lot of time to spend with someone that wants distance. Maybe it is not even a matter of breaking up or anything, or maybe they did. I was just thinking what if it wasn't that the relationship failed but maybe about the future of the relaionship? They couldn't say anything without it being harmful to Mamamoo if they were in a relationship, but what if they actually addressed the future or something? Maybe Moonbyul would want to say something and Solar wouldn't? It would explain the weird closeness, and distance. Maybe if they couldn't agree on a future path they decided that the relationship wouldn't work out. So maybe it's not that they wanted to break up, or get distant, but those problems can really make a relationship difficult. They also would get along just as well as they always have in a platonic sense, and would still probably want to spend time together. If that was the case it is completely feasible for them to be distant with each other, but still be in a weird limbo.It makes sense time-wise too with Mamamoo renewing their contract soon, and them doing more solo work. As they grow and redefine themselves it will be much harder to explain why neither of them have dated, found an interest in anyone else, but still practically live with each other even if mamamoo does less work as a group and more solo work.

6 hours ago, Anonygent said:

Ugh.  I've spent a couple hours looking for the original videos.  As usual, I can't find them.  One of them was a concert back at the end of May, and Solar was avoiding Moonbyul entirely.  She and Wheein were doing the playing potato thing Solar usually did with Moonbyul, and all the other interactions that typically occurred between them were entirely lacking.  Moonbyul and Hwasa were left to their own devices, and Moonbyul looked like a kicked basset hound, or like I do when I get my heart broken.  It was clear, at least to me, that she was on the verge of tears almost the entire concert.  The only time she smiled was when all the girls screamed for her rap part.  The signs of an impending breakup had been coming for a couple of months prior, though I doubt Moonbyul realized it.  Moonbyul gave Solar flowers and Solar rolled her eyes and said, "I don't want it."  Solar said in one of her Solarsido videos that Moonbyul showed up at her house and Solar asked her why she was there, like she needed a reason.  In their last YKBK, Solar include two other girls to keep Moonbyul's hands off of her, and Moonbyul shifted her position so that she was sitting below Solar, a supplicating move.  All very bad signs, and then that concert, I just said, "Oh, gawd, Solar dumped her."

The video which has Solar asking Moonbyul to take her hands off her was a relatively recent MMMTV episode.

Yes, I did. Interesting chemistry.  Is Solar having second thoughts?  She said in her year end video that there was something she "regretted" in 2019.  Could that have been breaking up with Moonbyul?  She still shows a lot of dissatisfaction/intolerance for Moonbyul's abuse.  If Moonbyul would just treat Solar better than a 5 year old bully, maybe she could still salvage their relationship.

wut where did you get that from? I always thought Moonbyul seemed like the more committed/affectionate of the two, if they were a real thing

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, eclipsing.angel said:

Yeah, I can agree there is a distance. However, during the YKBK video with the other two girls they seemed close too. They spent the morning together, got all of the food and such, and went to IKEA table and built it that day right? That seems like a lot of time to spend with someone that wants distance. Maybe it is not even a matter of breaking up or anything, or maybe they did. I was just thinking what if it wasn't that the relationship failed but maybe about the future of the relaionship? They couldn't say anything without it being harmful to Mamamoo if they were in a relationship, but what if they actually addressed the future or something? Maybe Moonbyul would want to say something and Solar wouldn't? It would explain the weird closeness, and distance. Maybe if they couldn't agree on a future path they decided that the relationship wouldn't work out. So maybe it's not that they wanted to break up, or get distant, but those problems can really make a relationship difficult. They also would get along just as well as they always have in a platonic sense, and would still probably want to spend time together. If that was the case it is completely feasible for them to be distant with each other, but still be in a weird limbo.It makes sense time-wise too with Mamamoo renewing their contract soon, and them doing more solo work. As they grow and redefine themselves it will be much harder to explain why neither of them have dated, found an interest in anyone else, but still practically live with each other even if mamamoo does less work as a group and more solo work.

I like it as a general theory, but the distance Solar put between herself and Moonbyul mid year would seem to argue against that.  At one point, it looked like she was travelling to their performances in a separate car.  I don't know that for a fact, but there were several instances where she posted video from the back of a vehicle sans the rest of the members.  She even moved to a different apartment, further away from Moonbyul & the agency.  I was confused by that since didn't she buy a HOUSE?

On 1/4/2020 at 11:23 PM, Silktiger said:

wut where did you get that from? I always thought Moonbyul seemed like the more committed/affectionate of the two, if they were a real thing

Yes, both.  Moonbyul has always been the more affectionate but also the more physically abusive.  She's always hitting Solar, kicking Solar, smacking Solar...  you can see Solar hates it, but she doesn't haul off and deck Moonbyul for it.  I suspect that's what drove them apart in the first place.  Maybe they go hand in hand, I don't know...  I'm reminded of Professor Higgins telling Eliza in My Fair Lady, "If you can't appreciate what you've got, you better get what you can appreciate, find yourself a man with thick lips to kiss you with and thick boots to kick you with."  But if Moonbyul would learn to keep the affectionate stuff and ditch the abusive stuff, I think she'd have a much happier Solar on her hands.

Couple day later update: I saw in one vid Solar looking down to Moonbyul's lips again!  She hasn't done that in months!  MoonSun isn't sailing yet, but there's definite signs of life!

Edited by Anonygent
Update
  • Dislike 2

I dont think moonsun were ever dating. I think solar is straight and moonbyul is gay. Moonbyul had a one sided crush on solar. After 2017 their relationship changed alot. Especially after that fight. I think their fight had to do with byul telling solar about it but byul getting rejected and byul was upset which was just led to the whole thing. They didnt want to talk about it especially byul. In 2018 on mamamoos anniversary, byul talked about yong taking her for granted and kinda being hard on her and never saying sorry. Hwasa was nodding along to byuls concern and was backing byul up so I think byul confided in her about her and solars relationship. They hang out often but dont really say anything about it. They're often seen out together too and they drink and talk together at midnight. Solar in one of her vlive she said she wished byul would just get mad at her. Seemed like they had a lot of baggage to unpack that year. I remember at their fanclub concert in 2018 buk wanted to swap solars fan for hers because it was better and solar was hot but solar looked cold to byul and grabbed her fan back without looking at byul and byul looked upset.

Funny enough they opened 2018 with a forehead kiss but I think that was reassurance for whatever was going on with their relationship after the bomb of byul telling yong about her crush on her. Byul started talking more about wanting to date and trying to move on and about her ex. She went on starry night to talk about relationships. She started to flirt more and more openly with other women and other women flirting with her. I think shes finally moved on from her crush on solar and is ready and happy with flirting with all these women.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:12 PM, BYULTENHWALL said:

I dont think moonsun were ever dating. I think solar is straight and moonbyul is gay. Moonbyul had a one sided crush on solar. After 2017 their relationship changed alot. Especially after that fight. I think their fight had to do with byul telling solar about it but byul getting rejected and byul was upset which was just led to the whole thing. They didnt want to talk about it especially byul. In 2018 on mamamoos anniversary, byul talked about yong taking her for granted and kinda being hard on her and never saying sorry. Hwasa was nodding along to byuls concern and was backing byul up so I think byul confided in her about her and solars relationship. They hang out often but dont really say anything about it. They're often seen out together too and they drink and talk together at midnight. Solar in one of her vlive she said she wished byul would just get mad at her. Seemed like they had a lot of baggage to unpack that year. I remember at their fanclub concert in 2018 buk wanted to swap solars fan for hers because it was better and solar was hot but solar looked cold to byul and grabbed her fan back without looking at byul and byul looked upset.

Funny enough they opened 2018 with a forehead kiss but I think that was reassurance for whatever was going on with their relationship after the bomb of byul telling yong about her crush on her. Byul started talking more about wanting to date and trying to move on and about her ex. She went on starry night to talk about relationships. She started to flirt more and more openly with other women and other women flirting with her. I think shes finally moved on from her crush on solar and is ready and happy with flirting with all these women.

I think you'll find yourself pretty alone in that viewpoint except among Eric Nam/Solar shippers.  I agree that Moonbyul is gay and Solar is straight, but I am 100% convinced that Moonbyul seduced Solar and that they were in a loving relationship since at least mid-2016 until early to mid-2019.  I think you have your years mixed up, as that clip is from mid-2019, shortly after the time I think they broke up.  Whether or not they are going to get back together, I'm not sure.  I've seen both positive and negative signs lately, like their latest MMMTV episode, Solar looked EXTREMELY annoyed with Moonbyul's behavior, which is not a good sign.

• Dislike 1

First of all,  I think to clear some stuff about adding western or straight views on this topic. One thing that people need to know is that Korea and LGBTQ+ are way different than west. Solar is more of the type to be gay than Moonbyul by korean standards. Moonsun also has some parallels to Semo and Emo. South Korea is not accepting of Gay people even younger generations struggle to accept gay rights and gay people 100% like other progressive countries. If they were together, they would try to make themselves appear smaller to avoid back lash. Mamamoo is getting bigger as time has gone on all members started to keep a lot of things more private. You can thank crazy fans that stalked the group in the past. Coming out in Korea and other Asian countries is social and career suicide, it means once you are out no one wants to do anything with you anymore. Moonsun is more careful because on misstep could ruin things for everyone including their company. It's why you have random moments where it looks like Solar or Moonbyul is going to do something sweet but then awkwardly become aware and dodges it. Or Wheesa watching them and protecting them.  You can look at past cases of other Korean famous people coming out to see how that impacted careers and social standing. In terms of their relationship at the moment, both are really busy. They can't flirt  the same way anymore because Solar's reactions is why the ship became a thing in the first place. Solar does like the teasing to some point because she smiles after sometimes or she goes along with it. Solar is a grown woman who knows how to put boundaries down, she hides her serious part of herself but there is a reason she is the leader. If she hated that much she would have told Moonbyul to stop.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, MooRight said:

First of all,  I think to clear some stuff about adding western or straight views on this topic. One thing that people need to know is that Korea and LGBTQ+ are way different than west. Solar is more of the type to be gay than Moonbyul by korean standards. Moonsun also has some parallels to Semo and Emo. South Korea is not accepting of Gay people even younger generations struggle to accept gay rights and gay people 100% like other progressive countries. If they were together, they would try to make themselves appear smaller to avoid back lash. Mamamoo is getting bigger as time has gone on all members started to keep a lot of things more private. You can thank crazy fans that stalked the group in the past. Coming out in Korea and other Asian countries is social and career suicide, it means once you are out no one wants to do anything with you anymore. Moonsun is more careful because on misstep could ruin things for everyone including their company. It's why you have random moments where it looks like Solar or Moonbyul is going to do something sweet but then awkwardly become aware and dodges it. Or Wheesa watching them and protecting them.  You can look at past cases of other Korean famous people coming out to see how that impacted careers and social standing. In terms of their relationship at the moment, both are really busy. They can't flirt  the same way anymore because Solar's reactions is why the ship became a thing in the first place. Solar does like the teasing to some point because she smiles after sometimes or she goes along with it. Solar is a grown woman who knows how to put boundaries down, she hides her serious part of herself but there is a reason she is the leader. If she hated that much she would have told Moonbyul to stop.

Hello friend, I was wondering what some LGBT "stereotypes" are in Korea, and why Solar is more likely to be LGBT.

Also sort of unrelated, it is sad, but I think that moonsun has honestly split up. I think it might have been sometime last year. They do not seem to interact nearly as much, and mamamoo as a whole seems more distant. Solar and Moonbyul seem to be busy doing their own things, and although close, they do not seem to be as close. There is practically no more skinship, less interactions, and they seem to have a distance like friends would have over anything romantic. I think that they were in a relationship but recently broke up, or separated in some way (even if they were just friends, or never followed through with a relationship). No matter the nature of their relationship they gained some distance from where they used to be, and the entirety of mamamoo seems to have more distance as well. For moonsun I do not think they fought, or they reconciled and still seem very close, but as for mamamoo as a whole I am not sure. They seem to have argued or have grown a part a bit at the very least.