Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
King of Spades

Official President Chou's Thread -- Jay Chou (周�倫)

I just realised that I really want a Jay Chou badge. I think the mods generally want at least 6 people requesting it but I'll check if anyone else is interested.

EDIT: never mind only need one person to get an artist badge. But only after they've finished with all the other badges. But in case you want one maybe put in your favourite pick of something. Otherwise whatever I pick will end up being the pic being used :stud:

Edited by silverlining

After some searching I've found it hard to get pictures where he face isn't covered up by shadows, where he looks like a hobo or baby faced. These are the ones that I found.

268496.jpg

W020121214527452362273.jpg

Jay+Chou+BW+02.png

and a little extra thing I found when I looking for photos

lol
%E4%B8%AD%E7%A7%8B%E5%9C%98%E5%9C%93%EF%

I like the opus 12 one, you can see his face more clearly.

Did anyone see The rooftop movie?

I also like that one for the same reason.

I haven't seen the movie. Is it good? If it is I might watch it later when I have the time.

Well as a Jay fan I appreciate what he was trying to do and I thought it waa a fun movie, but when you compare it to Secret, even though its a different genre completely, I was a little disappointed. I mean I think Secret is a great movie that would be liked by neutrals, but I think you have to be more of a Jay fan to enjoy Rooftop, if that makes sense lol.

It's so sad really, why haven't I thought of a Jay Chou badge with me being his fan for like a decade or so. lols. 

I would really like this picture for the badge :D

Jay+Chou+BW+02.png

And I've been meaning to watch Rooftop laksjdfasdf I saw the trailer and it seems a lot of fun  :ahmagah:

Jay had a badge on H8. There were a bunch, maybe double digits, actually. Not sure why the mods didn't bring them over. I had both Elva and Jolin badges too. 

pretty sure GEM, soft lipa, SHE (and hebe), and a few more i think had badges too. Oh and some actors like Ariel (yea i categorize her as an actor because i think her music sucks) and Ruby Lin had badges too.

New MV for 哪裡都是你 (Everywhere is You)

Lyrics and composition by him. <3

Urrgg I love Jay, most of his songs especially his older stuff is fricking flawless  :ahmagah:  here some recent clips of him performing :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2n2nTl6DI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmcuSx_ty4

The first song is one of my fav ever :stare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7uL-RTzM2I

Also love how humble he is lol

lol Jay please...

Director Chou dresses as monster and goes out, so happy no one recognised him

by [email protected] - 3rd November 2013

Source: Chinatimes

03-11-2013.jpg

Jay Chou dressed up for Halloween and walked the streets! It's rare that he has a day off, with a sudden impulse he went to the props store to by some paint, he painted black rings around his eyes, wore a messy wig and put in fake teeth, he dressed up as a monster and no one recognised him on the street. The coincidental thing was, girlfriend Hannah also took the day off, were they spending the day together? Her agent Pora said: "She's just posting an old photo on Facebook."

Director Chou's good friend Ice Cream posted the two taking a photo together, netizens guessed that the skinny ghost on the right was Director Chou, Ice Cream said, Director Chou helped them put on the makeup, he didn't know what he was doing but somehow made it look good, he praised Director Chou saying he could become a makeup artist. Because he was not recognised by people he played happily and freely, Ice Cream said to him: "You should go out like this in the future." Yesterday and today he held the "Opus 2013" concert in Chongqing, it's the 34th show, next year there will be even more shows, at least 50.

He was invited to go on CtiTV's "Youth Forum", he will discuss his life experiences with presenter Sisy Chen. When he first debuted, Sisy Chen said on "UFO Dinner": "I really don't understand why so many people like him, when he sings he sounds like he put his mouth in the toilet and that's the sound that comes out." Afterwards the two bumped into each other, he smiled saying: "You know me too well, that's how I sing." She likes his humour and talent.

Crazy that's he's doing that much shows for the tour though :O I hope he comes to Australia again, I missed it last time :._.:

Courageously living through the low point of having only one parent, Jay Chou and Sisy Chen talk

by [email protected] - 21st November 2013

Source: Chinatimes

20-11-2013.jpg

CtiTV yesterday held a "Youth Discussion Forum", they invited heavenly king Jay Chou and presenter Sisy Chen to talk, there were over 1000 people in the audience.

Heavenly king Jay Chou has been in the industry for 13 years and is popular everywhere, it turns out before he debuted he once lived at the office to save on rent, he was a youngster taking home only 10,000 yuan a month, he went through low points such as his parents' divorce and not getting into university. Sisy Chen curiously asked him if he ever moped around? But Jay Chou firmly replied: "If I did feel pity for myself, then I wouldn't be sitting here today"! He also stated, "You cannot control anyone else, you can't control life and death, the only thing that is within your control is the will in your heart", he encouraged everyone to step out of sadness with strength, a round of applause was given for his speech.

As to how young people these days seem to have the anxious feeling of "not being able to see the future", Jay Chou thinks "people who are studying right now, you don't have to fear". He encouraged everyone to "cherish the present", enjoy school life, after graduation you will have to start working seriously. But he suggested young people should "be able to feed themselves before having dreams", develop your area of expertise, because "having a skill is more important than education". He thanked his parents for letting him learn music since he was young, he found his own interest, "otherwise I would be someone who didn't know how to do anything today".

Jay Chou participated in a singing contest at 19, Jacky Wu saw his potential and got him into the industry, he is still very thankful of him now. At the time in order to get his music used, every day when his boss Jacky Wu came into the office, he would deliberately play his music really loud, he got himself chances by being "proactive". Even though he worked hard but he still faced situations where Andy Lau and A-Mei Zhang rejected his songs, but he said smiling: "The songs I wrote for them back then, they really didn't suit them".

He shyly revealed that A-Mei Zhang rejected the song "Ninja", it was due to the fact the style was too different from A-Mei's style at the time, the audience all laughed. Jay Chou confidently stated he is not worried about hitting a bottleneck with his music, he will keep singing for the fans, the best thing would be to still be able to sing the classic song "Nun-Chuks" when he is 60. He laughed saying, if he had a son in the future, he would consider naming him "Zhou Jie Lun", so that fans will never forget him.

So inspiring :stare: Here's the full vid if any of you guys understand chinese.

i have 5 jay chou albums. i like him since 2005.

he is still one of the best asian songs writer and music composers out there.

After some searching I've found it hard to get pictures where he face isn't covered up by shadows, where he looks like a hobo or baby faced. These are the ones that I found.

268496.jpg

W020121214527452362273.jpg

Jay+Chou+BW+02.png

and a little extra thing I found when I looking for photos

lol

%E4%B8%AD%E7%A7%8B%E5%9C%98%E5%9C%93%EF%

omg did u manage to get a jay chou badge? :D

omg did u manage to get a jay chou badge? :D

not yet. The thread for asking for custom badges is still locked until December 13 since Shay is on hiatus.

So do you want to vote? At the moment it's two for the opus pic and one for the black and white one. If it becomes a deadlock I'll just let shay pick the one one that she thinks turned out better. So if I remember December 13 will be the cut of date. I'll do what's needed after that time when I first notice the thread is opened.

not yet. The thread for asking for custom badges is still locked until December 13 since Shay is on hiatus.

So do you want to vote? At the moment it's two for the opus pic and one for the black and white one. If it becomes a deadlock I'll just let shay pick the one one that she thinks turned out better. So if I remember December 13 will be the cut of date. I'll do what's needed after that time when I first notice the thread is opened.

i vote for the black and white one :D

sorry to make things difficult haha

Edited by NovembersChopin

i vote for the black and white one :D

sorry to make things difficult haha

Yus, I also like the black and white one :meow:

Unless there are more votes before the 13th swing things the other way it's going to be the black and white one.

I hope with his next album the blend between Western and Chinese musical instruments will more more like the stuff he composed 2003-2007. That is probably my favourite period of his works followed by pre-2003. Post-2007 in all honesty is harder for me to judge since I just keep playing 2003-2007.

Unless there are more votes before the 13th swing things the other way it's going to be the black and white one.

I hope with his next album the blend between Western and Chinese musical instruments will more more like the stuff he composed 2003-2007. That is probably my favourite period of his works followed by pre-2003. Post-2007 in all honesty is harder for me to judge since I just keep playing 2003-2007.

yup i hope so too but i doubt it haah. most artists never go back to their old style. as you can tell by my username, NC era was my favourite. But I really like Love You No Matter What, You Are Everywhere and Ming Ming Jiu.

I think On the Run was another one of my favourite albums. <3

i have 5 jay chou albums. i like him since 2005.

he is still one of the best asian songs writer and music composers out there.

me too. i've been listening to him since i was 7 lol and im old fart now.

hard to believe he composed the secret soundtrack as well. that soundtrack is a masterpiece! he has so much talent its unbelievable.

hard to believe he composed the secret soundtrack as well. that soundtrack is a masterpiece! he has so much talent its unbelievable.

I know right?! I was looking through his discography earlier and cannot believe that he composed ALL of the songs in his 12 albums. And each song has their own respective MV. An amazing feat. Lol. 

Which album(s) are your guys' favorites?

I know right?! I was looking through his discography earlier and cannot believe that he composed ALL of the songs in his 12 albums. And each song has their own respective MV. An amazing feat. Lol. 

for me of course its Novembers Chopin :happy:

and then On the Run (because of Dandelion's Promise, Rainbow, Wo Bu Pei, Yang Guang Zhai Nan and I'm Not Worthy.

but thats an evil question because I love Capricorn because it has Where is the Promised Happiness and Dragon Rider. And can't forget Still Fantasy and his much earlier works.

2010-11 were bit meh for me but Opus 12 made me :la: :la:  again. lol

what about you?

Yeah I liked those kinda songs too like Ju Hua Tai and Tui Hou, they were my jams waay before I even knew kpop existed lol

Out of his newer stuff I actually really enjoyed The Era,it was a bit of a change in style from his older stuff but still has some great songs that I loved including:

Those lyrics always get me lol

Probably my fav upbeat song from him

Probably the start of 'sexy' Jay but I loved this song and way he plays that guitar like a boss :la:

I didn't really enjoy his last two albums as much but there were some songs I liked, ofc his older albums are all pretty awesome but I thought it was pretty cool of him to show he could do different genres too even if everyone might not necessarily like them

Edited by blazeaire

Which soundtracks has he composed or is it just the secret?

I didn't realise that until a few months ago. The guy is a genius.

out of the albums from 2003-2007 it's hard for me to pick one but today I'll go with Common Jasmine Orange.

The song that turned me into a fan was the main song for curse of the golden flower.