Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
King of Spades

Official President Chou's Thread -- Jay Chou (周�倫)

Pretty much any of his songs with the classic chinese instrumentals are probably the most popular bar a few, here's some of my favs and probably most popular~

Thank! I like all those 4 songs. My fav is Hair likes snow. Can you recommend me his upbeat songs? Thank!

Thank! I like all those 4 songs. My fav is Hair likes snow. Can you recommend me his upbeat songs? Thank!

His upbeat ones are not as popular and for good reason I feel too haha  :derp:  but that said I do have a few favs here~

One of my favs, just love the silliness and combines Jay's love of magic too~

Love the old fasion vibes here, Lara looks so hot too

Most epic MV Jay has ever done for sure, that CG work :lol:

One of his latest songs I actually enjoy! The Charlie Chaplin inspired stuff is awesome :rlytearpls:

Nice rockish vibe~

I actually have more reccommanded stuff but what I think you should do is go from his latest stuff to oldest since his latest stuff is not as good imo so it's goes from bad to good  :ohbi:  You can see his album MVs in this playlist and also in the OP of this thread~

https://www.youtube.com/user/JVRmuzic/playlists

And also his most iconic performance with Jolin :rlytearpls:

Thank you Jay for releasing them on the official channel :rlytearpls: His piano stages never get old, the autotune in Mine Mine though  :lol: 

Some more that haven't been mentioned

My favourite albums would be common jasmine orange, november's chopin and still fantasy. 

Can anyone tell me more songs like William's Castle? Are there any?

Edited by Crests

Can anyone tell me more songs like William's Castle? Are there any?

Maybe 止戰之殤 or ç´å‚·?

Tbh I don't think there are any like that. I mean, there are some with similarities but I wouldn't say they are the same style.

I do notice that in his albums he pulls out odd styles and then never goes back to it again, which is part of the charm I guess but can also be annoying of you dig one of those tracks and then he doesn't go in that direction often.

^ I didn't rate that song very much but it's become quite popular with a lot of fans. The most popular one in a while, at least over the last few years.

Two new MVs~

Not really feeling this one and the choreo doesn't really fit the song unsure.png 

Like this one much better, been a while since he's done a proper slow ballad and he suits these kinda songs best I think

^ I didn't rate that song very much but it's become quite popular with a lot of fans. The most popular one in a while, at least over the last few years.

Well it's gotten 50mil views since so yeah must be somewhat popular laugh.png What do you think of the new songs?

Two new MVs~

Not really feeling this one and the choreo doesn't really fit the song unsure.png

Like this one much better, been a while since he's done a proper slow ballad and he suits these kinda songs best I think

Well it's gotten 50mil views since so yeah must be somewhat popular laugh.png What do you think of the new songs?

Lol yeah that's what I meant.

I don't mind the songs but they aren't memorable enough for me.

It's hard to criticise because Jay has such a strong discography for the first 10+ years of his career but the quality has dropped significantly over the last few albums IMO. Before The Era it would be one or two songs I disliked in a whole album, now its the opposite. There's usually 2 or 3 songs I enjoy and the rest of the tracks are generic.

Still, I'll always be a fan and interested to hear the new releases and his live concerts are probably the best out of all the popstars from Taiwan.

Lol yeah that's what I meant.

I don't mind the songs but they aren't memorable enough for me.

It's hard to criticise because Jay has such a strong discography for the first 10+ years of his career but the quality has dropped significantly over the last few albums IMO. Before The Era it would be one or two songs I disliked in a whole album, now its the opposite. There's usually 2 or 3 songs I enjoy and the rest of the tracks are generic.

Still, I'll always be a fan and interested to hear the new releases and his live concerts are probably the best out of all the popstars from Taiwan.

Haha yeah I feel mostly the same, his trademark songs where he infused Chinese instrumental with modern sounds are still his best songs imo, too bad he hasn't done that for years now.

And really? I admit I don't really follow many other Taiwanese artists and sure Jay's concerts are always extravagance but no offense to him but he's not really the best live singer out there let's be honest lol 0u0plz.png

I'm still waiting for the day that he'll come back to the US so I can attend his concert. 

It's on my to-do list before I die ahaha. 

I agree that the last few albums aren't his best, they're just a bit mediocre when you look at his earlier stuff. The Chinese meets western sounds needs to happen again, I can't think of anyone else that did it as well as he did time and time again. 

Haha yeah I feel mostly the same, his trademark songs where he infused Chinese instrumental with modern sounds are still his best songs imo, too bad he hasn't done that for years now.

And really? I admit I don't really follow many other Taiwanese artists and sure Jay's concerts are always extravagance but no offense to him but he's not really the best live singer out there let's be honest lol 0u0plz.png

Not live singing wise, I meant overall package.

The money he puts into the show means the quality is very high, from the technology to the dancers. Plus his interaction with the crowd is really great. Then his discography gives him such a huge advantage so he can sing hit after hit that everyone knows for 3 hours.

You really feel like you get your money's worth and see a A class concert.

I like how it brings back those old school chinese instrumentals.

I miss those classic MVs when Jay did acting and was part of the story. Now we are lucky if he takes part at all and even then he might just play guitar in the background.

And now we have a cartoon. How the mighty have fallen.

On the positive side, I think the song is nice which is the most important thing. I don't think it's hit single material but it would be a good song as like track 4 or 5 on an album.

I miss those classic MVs when Jay did acting and was part of the story. Now we are lucky if he takes part at all and even then he might just play guitar in the background.

And now we have a cartoon. How the mighty have fallen.

On the positive side, I think the song is nice which is the most important thing. I don't think it's hit single material but it would be a good song as like track 4 or 5 on an album.

i didnt really watch hims past mvs but i agree that this would be a middle of the album type track.

Good quality. It's not like WOW material, but still a nice song. Looking forward to the album!