Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
티키타

The IU sales thread (digital + physical) (perfect all-kill achieved)

I knew it :smile:

23 day 2 : 1,567,476 (more than 1,5 Million)

And The shower day 2 : 1,217,730 also above 1 million!!!

I day 18 : 869,388

wow, truly the queen.

2 songs with over a million downloads in just 2 days.   :meow:

Maybe both will reach 2M in a week or two? Or am I being too hopeful?

Sorry if I was confusing but it's not a number of download. it's a number of "listeners". I don't know exactly how it works but I guess it's a combination of download and stream.

For example Taeyeon I got 940,809 on day 1 and 1,298,572 on day 2.

And her 1st week number (4 days) end up with DL: 313,950 | STR: 4,588,482

Sorry if I was confusing but it's not a number of download. it's a number of "listeners". I don't know exactly how it works but I guess it's a combination of download and stream.

For example Taeyeon I got 940,809 on day 1 and 1,298,572 on day 2.

And her 1st week number (4 days) end up with DL: 313,950 | STR: 4,588,482

So like number of people with that song in their accounts or something (when you say combo of download + stream)?

So IU's songs are going to get counted by the end of the week, I suppose? The deadline should be on Sunday (when things are reset)?

Edited by Brittany

So like number of people with that song in their accounts or something (when you say combo of download + stream)?

So IU's songs are going to get counted by the end of the week, I suppose? The deadline should be on Sunday (when things are reset)?

Gaon count weeks from Sunday to Saturday. So IU's 1st week ended 1 hour ago already with only 2 days.

it's a number of listeners (who streamed the song at least once, i'm not sure if downloads are included) in last 24 hours

not a cumulative number of people who listened to the song overall 

Edited by asimenios

Gaon count weeks from Sunday to Saturday. So IU's 1st week ended 1 hour ago already with only 2 days.

Oh. I didn't even realize that it was Sunday there.  :derp:

Thanks.

it's a number of listeners (who streamed the song at least once, i'm not sure if downloads are included) in last 24 hours

not a cumulative number of people who listened to the song overall 

''At least once'' Thanks, that made me get it. So it's not exactly streams per se, but number of listeners.

Edited by Brittany

By the way, knowing 23 now, I think its meaning has also a part in her decision to not promote on music show.

I  love it but it's a very controversial song and reading knet divided response, so it could be too risky to promote it on national TV.

you know, I think you're right. IU even mentioned she's surprised "Shower" isn't doing better than "23" because she thought that'd be the most public-friendly song. I'm starting to think that IU released "23" just to help get the message and music video out. Especially because she said she'll only perform "23" first at her solo concert, so all her stage performances from now until then (and maybe even after) will be tracks like "zeze" and "knee".....

CSEyIA1UYAAFeqm.jpg

• Like 1

you know, I think you're right. IU even mentioned she's surprised "Shower" isn't doing better than "23" because she thought that'd be the most public-friendly song. I'm starting to think that IU released "23" just to help get the message and music video out. Especially because she said she'll only perform "23" first at her solo concert, so all her stage performances from now until then (and maybe even after) will be tracks like "zeze" and "knee".....

CSEyIA1UYAAFeqm.jpg

This will probably happen in like a week. Kinda like what happened with My Old Story/The Meaning of You

I don't think it would be too risky. I mean, if there's one thing that you guys shouldn't let yourselves be affected by, it would be comments from haters. NB is really just cherry-picking, and we haven't heard of negative stuff from kkuljaem or KPKF. The charts say that the public likes Twenty-three. We have seen netizens praise Twenty-three, different celebrities are promoting it.....those comments are just really comments from haters (heh, comes with her popularity and success when they try so hard to put her down). It doesn't matter what song she put out, they were waiting for this moment and willing to jump on the hate right from the start.

I think she would perform Twenty-three on concerts (it's a song that would hype up the crowd). ''My Old Story'' was her title track, but she publicly performed ''Meaning of You'' way more--not only in concerts, but also to different important events (like the SK-China music festival event).

As for Shower, IU's prediction will probably come true; who knows. Title tracks usually get more attention anyway, and it's only been 2 days. We just have to look at longevity for the answer.

Edited by Brittany

can someone please keep track of the roof hits? 

backtrack a few pages

Day 1 : 14

Day 2 : 4

Edit : It's only for 23. The shower had a few too.

Edited by Taemi

I think she will get 1m+ download with chat-shire this week. I believe in her

She got 1,159,880+ downloads first week with Flower Bookmark. So hopefully you're right and she'll be able to get 1 million+ in the first two days again! :smile:

• Like 1

She got 1,159,880+ downloads first week with Flower Bookmark. So hopefully you're right and she'll be able to get 1 million+ in the first two days again! :smile:

I've just noticed. slayiu 

cc4c702ebd797b58d32f2e99b1d8bdcd.png

that's not rare tho, i think leon got around 1 600 000 listeners on the second day..

It was 0:00-0:00. The number were lower otherwise, don't know exactly why  :unsure:

And really? I thought it was normal to have a better day 2. Even on day 3, "I" was above 1 million (1,130,460).

And I don't have his exact number, but I'm pretty sure that Lim Chang Jung also got above 1 million.

So looking at IU's charts... it's pretty obvious that 23 will get even more. It got 300,000 more than "I" on day 1, so it should get at least 1,3-1,5M on day 2 (even if it's saturday). It's QueenU after all.

no it didnt .. it was 1.3M you have you start the count from the hour it was released or else the number will be inflated/glitchy and since leon was released at like 8pm? it should be counted from 8pm-8pm next day

eRD1mOM.png

0:00-0:00 time frame is always weird...someone will have like 700k listeners throughout the day, but at midnight it will show like 1,000,000 people and at 1AM go back down to like 700k

so both songs got more listeners on the second day, right? 

I knew it :smile:

23 day 2 (listener for last 24h) : 1,567,476 (more than 1,5 Million)

And The shower day 2 (listener for last 24h) : 1,217,730 also above 1 million!!!

I day 18 : 869,388

Melon's listening numbers are 00:00 are glitched so they are much higher than the actual number. 

Currently (02:00) IU's title track has 880k listeners in the last 24 hours. The Shower has 668k.

also, do you think she has a shot at being the 2nd most downloaded artist this year after big bang? i'm not sure what her position is right now with heart + her old songs. 

It's going to happen for sure as long as Hyuk Oh and EXO don't release a new album this year.

Although if you count Zion.T's 1 million collaborations he might be first  :lol:

so does anyone else want who frequents OH wanna be the new OP of the iu sales thread  :._.:

i'm sorry for not really updating that often...

I can update it if you want  :._.: I feel bad that I semi-pressured you into making it  :rlytearpls:

so this is the 24 hour chart for day 2

cVxMvyL.jpg

since there were 4 roof kicks today

the new total is 18

edit: btw the number of day 2 users are usually glitchy but the people on dc recalculated and put it around 900k (instead of 1.5M)

Edited by 티키타

and this is the update on her world wide itunes ranking

adele just released her new single <3 so it'll be kinda impossible for her to get any higher than #2 right now

HsQYJzo.png

and isn't kinda random that good day is also charting right now.. 5 years years later lol

Edited by 티키타
  • Like 1

also, so far, she currently has 30 certified all kills on ichart. she's currently #2 on the weekly ranking but i dont think 23 has enough time to accumulate enough score to grab #1 tho. 

23 isnt that public friendly, which even iu admitted to, so i wonder if it can be consistent enough to last until the second week when a bunch of new comebacks start coming

and this is the update on her world wide itunes ranking

adele just released her new single <3 so it'll be kinda impossible for her to get any higher than #2 right now

HsQYJzo.png

and isn't kinda random that good day is also charting right now.. 5 years years later lol

Not good day charting!

giphy.gif

God-U destroying everything in her path yet again

also, so far, she currently has 30 certified all kills on ichart. she's currently #2 on the weekly ranking but i dont think 23 has enough time to accumulate enough score to grab #1 tho.

23 isnt that public friendly, which even iu admitted to, so i wonder if it can be consistent enough to last until the second week when a bunch of new comebacks start coming

23 is charting alot better than old story did actually