OneHallyu

Official Plastic Surgery Thread

JessicaRabbit

10 hours ago, DDiddy said:

Isn’t Leeseo like 14? Idk how many plastic surgery free pics you can find with such young idols, especially if they have been training for long. I do think it makes sense to use early pics since they most likely are procedure free at that time. 

Generally tho it is hard to judge if young idols have gotten things done because they change so much due to puberty but I think the general consensus is to assume that they aren’t natural bc this is the kpop industry and it’s rare for the people to not have gotten procedures done, regardless of the age. 

I agree but I personally think that it's pointless to judge if they had ps or not when it comes to idols who are that young. That post in particular felt like it was just for controversy due to her age.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Nen said:

This might be unpopular but I kind of like karinas jaw shave. I feel like it's also a smart move because no one in the industry has a jaw that slim which makes her recognisable.

It might be a smart marketing decision right now, but what happens in a decade or so? How is that surgery going to hold up? What other surgeries is she going to have to do in the future to maintain her current face?

I cringe to think what 4th gen idols might look like in their 30s and 40s. Excessive ps just doesn’t age well at all and makes someone look uncanny and even older as they age.

Edited by Fonduuee
  • Like 20
  • Tea 2
  • Clown 1

On 6/21/2022 at 6:15 AM, chewyandminnie said:

sm too. i'm still horrified with the nose implants they jammed up wendy's, karina's, and winter's noses.

pretty sure Karina didn't have an implant inserted; her tip is very sharp though and idk about her bridge, it might've been narrowed but no implant. 

spacer.png
spacer.png

Notice the slight bridge bump, where her tip is slightly more projected, making her side profile an imperfect slope/line. the top of her bridge, the part right between her eyes, goes slightly inwards compared to the bridge bump as well. 

again, this is not to say she didn't have a nose job. i just don't think she had an implant inserted.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fonduuee said:

It might be a smart marketing decision right now, but what happens in a decade or so? How is that surgery going to hold up? What other surgeries is she going to have to do in the future to maintain her current face?

I cringe to think what 4th gen idols might look like in their 30s and 40s. Excessive ps just doesn’t age well at all and makes someone look uncanny and even older as they age.

I think Karina will be OK only because she will have the money to keep up with future surgeries. The most obvious jaw-shave from the 2nd gen is Yoona and she still looks great. I worry about the nugu idols (or even actresses) who will want to look like her (or their companies will direct their trainees to get PS to look like her) and they won't have the money when the after-effects of sagging skin in the 30s-40s come into play on a jawline that was cut in half.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Fonduuee said:

I think she will be fine, but definitely will need to keep getting procedures to upkeep that look(mainly face lifts). For older idols with jaw shaves we have IU, Yoona, Jessica and Han Sunhwa and for the most part they seem to be maintaining their looks quite well. Still, we don't know the effects this surgery might cause when they become seniors for example

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Simpatico said:

I think Karina will be OK only because she will have the money to keep up with future surgeries. The most obvious jaw-shave from the 2nd gen is Yoona and she still looks great. I worry about the nugu idols (or even actresses) who will want to look like her (or their companies will direct their trainees to get PS to look like her) and they won't have the money when the after-effects of sagging skin in the 30s-40s come into play on a jawline that was cut in half.

i also think it's important to take Karina's original jaw into consideration; it was weak as well, so her change compared to stronger jaws is less jarring, even though her jaw is very very weak now. either way her natural jaw would've possibly made her skin sag faster than if she would've had a stronger jaw. i know idols get lots of skin treatments and that type of stuff is constantly researched and renewed, so who knows. maybe those less invasive things can upkeep the harsh surgeries people get on their jaws and cheekbones.

i've also understood that volume in the cheeks can keep skin from sagging, like jowls. that makes me question if zygoma reductions could be worse in terms of skin tightness, or if it's really just the volume of the center cheeks which in the end determine skin tightness.

if any of the stuff i just said is confirmed untrue, then the YouTuber Sarah Cheung (Sacheu) is using a muscle-stimulating device for no reason in her center cheek area, like where her cheek muscle is. if it could be true, i wonder if some idols get such treatments (professionally done, just like less invasive procedures like fat freezing) to their cheeks, which (by excessive use) could make the cheek muscles large and "tight" looking when smiling, as a form of anti ageing care.

Edited by powpow7u
added some stuff to specify
  • Like 6
  • Thinking 1

On 6/15/2022 at 7:02 PM, choerrytrees said:

ive been a fan of lee sians since idol school but shes probably most well known from produce 48 specifically rumor team and over the years i feel like her look has changed drastically

pre debut/pre idol school debut:

Hide contents

i hate using selfies as before and after pictures because theyre the most likely to be edited and the last one most definitely is, she had a kinda wide square jaw with prominent cheekbones

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

then we move into idol school:

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

super cute but two things i wanna mention one, her bangs really change her look imo these are both idol school stages but i feel her look is quite different with bangs verses with out

spacer.png

spacer.png

and two, her weight, its been 4 or 5 years since idol school came out so i could be wrong but i think she was one of the girls that had to go on a diet and on top of that the girls were like never fed anyways so naturally shed lose some volume in her face

produce 48:

Hide contents

i hate using a promotional picture but im gonna add it anyways

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

so by this point shes looking a little different her face looks a little slimmed down like i said some weight loss but i think she got a zygoma reduction

before

spacer.png

spacer.png

after

spacer.png

spacer.png

maybe possibly some masseter botox? either way she was at her visual height during pd48 she was even compared to chaeyeon from dia

spacer.png

spacer.png

after pd48-now

Hide contents

from this point on its gonna be mainly selfies which as i said i hate using but regardless next time she was spotted was at pdx101 in 2019

spacer.png

the chin is new

next time is in 2020 in D1CEs mv for draw you

spacer.png

spacer.png

then its february 2021 and this picture of her and the other happyface trainees come out

spacer.png

like who is that??? she looks like sulli to me idk and right after her birthday pictures are posted

spacer.png

spacer.png

her face definitely looks slimmer but now its october 2021 and she posts this picture

spacer.png

the nose,,,, okay and some lip fillers but its not overdone at least

may 2022

i spoke too soon, kinda seems like she cant close her mouth like the debby ryan meme

spacer.png

you can see her scars here

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

really hoping theres just a lot of editing going on here

so final thoughts…. idk man

sian fit the kbs really well but i think she fit the ‘old’ kbs i do feel the standard has changed which is why i say ‘old’ compare wonyoung and sullyoon to yoona and suzy all visuals but theyre different

regardless id really like to hear anyone elses thoughts because i could be wrong about a lot of this which is why i said idk lol

whats her insta?

4 hours ago, powpow7u said:

i also think it's important to take Karina's original jaw into consideration; it was weak as well, so her change compared to stronger jaws is less jarring, even though her jaw is very very weak now. either way her natural jaw would've possibly made her skin sag faster than if she would've had a stronger jaw. i know idols get lots of skin treatments and that type of stuff is constantly researched and renewed, so who knows. maybe those less invasive things can upkeep the harsh surgeries people get on their jaws and cheekbones.

i've also understood that volume in the cheeks can keep skin from sagging, like jowls. that makes me question if zygoma reductions could be worse in terms of skin tightness, or if it's really just the volume of the center cheeks which in the end determine skin tightness.

if any of the stuff i just said is confirmed untrue, then the YouTuber Sarah Cheung (Sacheu) is using a muscle-stimulating device for no reason in her center cheek area, like where her cheek muscle is. if it could be true, i wonder if some idols get such treatments (professionally done, just like less invasive procedures like fat freezing) to their cheeks, which (by excessive use) could make the cheek muscles large and "tight" looking when smiling, as a form of anti ageing care.

I mean that YouTuber very well could be doing it for no reason. A lot of anti-ageing stuff is bullshit - people are only now admitting that the only topical skincare that works long term for anti-ageing are retinoids. Vitamin C and halyuronic acid are temporary in comparison to retinoids. Laser treatments and micro-needling also work. “Preventive botox” and “preventive fillers” are misleading as they don’t prevent anything if you stop using them (because they change nothing about the actual biological ageing process happening in the skin). I’d be cautious of anything peddled as a new miracle tool or cure because a lot of the skincare that we were all supposed to buy for the last 5-10 years turned out to have mixed effectiveness or no value. 

• Like 10
  • Tea 2

I found un edited pics of nimixx sullyoon.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Vs edited ones 

spacer.png

I think we should make an Instagram reality thread lmao. Anyway what do we think. 

I thought she had lip fillers but they're kind of thin here.

• Like 13
  • Clown 1

On 5/15/2022 at 9:04 PM, Morgan said:

yeah I think he just gets some filler to smooth out the bridge

I think Taeyong gets filler in his nose to make it thinner/sharper/higher/smoother, the usual 

I think he also gets filler or something in the chin area. It gives him a “stronger/more prominent/less soft” chin. 

It looks good. It suits him. 

And it doesn’t look “off” like how Yuta’s chin tends to. 

Here’s their latest Tiktok 

Spoiler
Also can we get some research into his superhuman hair follicles?because I don’t know anyone who has changed their hair as much as him and it’s still looking good. 

But apparently he has one of the most sensitive scalps in the industry.

When asked which idols they think have the most sensitive scalps, they named NCT‘s Taeyong and MONSTA X‘s Minhyuk!

Park pointed out that Taeyong, who promotes within NCT as well as SuperM, changes his hair very often and that he often is in pain during the process.

Taeyong of NCT changes his hair very often. It hurts his scalp a lot when we bleach his hair. He even tears up. We feel bad for him when we do it.

— Park Naeju

Park explained that even though Taeyong experiences pain from the hair dyeing process, he endures it: “…if that’s what the concept is, he endures the pain.” 

I wonder how his hair/scalp will be in the future when he’s older. 

Taeyong’s face though

Look at the difference between this Make A Wish stage 

Spoiler

spacer.png

this Sticker scene for example 

Spoiler

spacer.png

???

Spoiler
Edited by mEeEeE
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Nen said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Vs edited ones 

spacer.png

I think we should make an Instagram reality thread lmao. Anyway what do we think. 

She looks better in thr unedited ones, even with her wonky eye. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 6/23/2022 at 6:39 PM, mEeEeE said:

I think Taeyong gets filler in his nose to make it thinner/sharper/higher/smoother, the usual 

I think he also gets filler or something in the chin area. It gives him a “stronger/more prominent/less soft” chin. 

Also can we get some research into his superhuman hair follicles? because I don’t know anyone who has changed their hair as much as him and it’s still looking good. 

When asked which idols they think have the most sensitive scalps, they named NCT‘s Taeyong and MONSTA X‘s Minhyuk!

Park pointed out that Taeyong, who promotes within NCT as well as SuperM, changes his hair very often and that he often is in pain during the process.

Taeyong of NCT changes his hair very often. It hurts his scalp a lot when we bleach his hair. He even tears up. We feel bad for him when we do it.

— Park Naeju

Park explained that even though Taeyong experiences pain from the hair dyeing process, he endures it: “…if that’s what the concept is, he endures the pain.” 

Speaking of Yuta, his Superhuman era is one of my faves. I generally don’t like comparing but Taeyong is a visual king so I don’t think this is “hurtful” to him…imo he was even out-visualing Taeyong. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the past couple of years sometimes his chin looks alright and other times it looks botched. 

Edited by mEeEeE
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, Nen said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Vs edited ones 

spacer.png

Let’s do a Instagram vs reality thread, might be interesting 😃 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mEeEeE said:

Speaking of Yuta, his Superhuman era is one of my faves. I generally don’t like comparing but Taeyong is a visual king so I don’t think this is “hurtful” to him…imo he even out-visualed Taeyong

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

tbc 

TBH, when Yuta is styled properly he's so stunning to me

389 images about YUTA! on We Heart It | See more about yuta, nct and nct 127

32 images about nct on We Heart It | See more about yuta, nct 127 and nct

Even with the PS. He just needs to stop with the chin work.

✧*:・may ✧*:・゚ — nakamoto yuta icons — like❀

彡 ❬ 𝗡 𝗖 𝗧 ” 𝖼𝖼.﹫𝖺𝗋𝗍𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗁𝗂𝖼 | Nct yuta, Nct, Nct 127

• Like 13
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Nen said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Vs edited ones 

spacer.png

I don't see much difference aside from the less jarring whitewashing. Praying she never gets her eyes evened out... Gives her so much charm.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mEeEeE said:

I think he also gets filler or something in the chin area. It gives him a “stronger/more prominent/less soft” chin. 

Reveal hidden contents
Also can we get some research into his superhuman hair follicles?because I don’t know anyone who has changed their hair as much as him and it’s still looking good. 

— Park Naeju

just makes him look more refined instead of plastic/botched. Yuta is a disaster sadly. SM need to be sued.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2022 at 11:00 PM, happysoxdonkey said:

Do you think that Baekhyun got a very subtle center upper lip lift?

This isn’t the best picture to demonstrate but it seems to me that sometimes his lip has a bit of a lift.  

EDIT to add: I’m not sure why someone clowned me for asking?  Baekhyun is my bias and I’ve always been curious about it  

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think he occasionally just gets lip fillers, which combined with his natural lip shape might make it seem like hes had an upper lip lift.

Edited by hanyku
  • Like 1
  • Clown 1

Either Sunoo is puffing his lips out (even while smiling?) or he got lip fillers recently. It looks great actually and suits his face VERY well!

These pics are from today, posted at this point in time 11 minutes ago by the user @/wave_0624 on twitter.com:
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
... and this picture by @/GiantTwinsStar on twitter.com as well:
spacer.png
... and these ones by @/FRUIT_2003 on twitter.com:
spacer.png
spacer.png

This was back in May:

spacer.png
spacer.png

His lips definitely look fuller now, yet also compliment the shape he had before with the slightly raised mouth corners. I think they're having a comeback right around now, so it makes sense he had some touch ups here and there.

His surgeries and enhancements might be the best in all of Enhypen, and very well in all of 4th gen male idols. I've noticed the reason his nose doesn't necessarily look weird compared to other members in his group and in 4th gen in general (TXT's Beomgyu and Yeonjun) is bc his implant doesn't look like it's placed on top of his pre-existing nose tip (I've noticed that specific phenomenon on Jungkook as well as the TXT members mentioned; it makes their nose tips look very tall but thick from the side). We know he had a shorter nose before, so the extended nose tip is probably only made of silicone, which means it looks even sharper than the noses of TXT's obviously done members. I'd compare Sunoo's nose tip to that of Karina's from Aespa, as her tip was refined but still not silicone, whereas his is. What I'm trying to say is his nose is very well done imo.

Edited by powpow7u
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Crying 1

Have you ever seen idols share their specific skin care routine?  Not meaning ads for brands they rep, but what products they actually use?  I’m curious because all that plastic surgery work they do is going to really catch up with them and age them at some point.  I’ve used some Korean skincare brands are really fantastic, and they have really great sunscreens with high spf.  Sunscreen is the best way to help minimize skin aging, but I wonder how effective that is when dealing with a lot of fillers and Botox.  Have you ever heard of idols using tretinoin?  It’s good for both acne and helping aging skin, so it could be helpful for skin firming. 

Edited by happysoxdonkey
  • Like 2

Enhypen Jungwon’s hair is so red now..anyone suspect if he’s had something done and the bright red hair is a distraction? I really cannot tell but he looks different. Can’t tell if he just grew up/went through puberty 

• Clown 9