OneHallyu

51 minutes ago, ningdior said:

hello im been looking at this thread for a couple days and its kinda been cool seeing all the things idols get but how do they like recover from their esp when they are trainees cause i heard it takes a longs time to recover from things like a jaw shave or nose job, do they just stop training until they are recovered enough to go back to practice  (honestly idk if anyone on here has an answer to this but i just wanted to ask :) )

It‘s an interesting question I‘ve found myself pondering over as well. For idols that have already debuted they tend to get the major changes in their hiatus period, but there are many other things like fillers and botox that are pretty much on-the-go. For trainees, I honestly have no idea, I can‘t really fathom a set-to-be dancer of a group getting a nosejob and skipping weeks or even months of practice just like that, but for trainees there might be that early uncertainty of debuting and most changes are done during this period in order to increase their chances (this has been revealed by ex trainees and idols themselves). It‘s also true that many of them spend years training, so what‘s a couple of months of unavailability in exchange for a lifelong result that will bring profit for a relatively extended period of time? I suppose idols don‘t get anything major when they are set to debut because... well, they‘re set to debut and they’ve probably undergone all the major changes their companies demanded from them. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think park bom might have gotten some work done

pls nobody else post here.

I dont understand why people came up with an inference from a single pic   this pic is the source of problem     I would say that this pic has problems with the lighting, make-up and the angle

1 hour ago, ningdior said:

hello im been looking at this thread for a couple days and its kinda been cool seeing all the things idols get but how do they like recover from their esp when they are trainees cause i heard it takes a longs time to recover from things like a jaw shave or nose job, do they just stop training until they are recovered enough to go back to practice  (honestly idk if anyone on here has an answer to this but i just wanted to ask :) )

The recovery process is something I've always wondered about, tbh. Sure, with good aftercare and if you follow you doctor's instructions most of the extreme swelling and discoloration will be gone in a matter of a couple weeks. If idols had normal desk jobs they could just return to work after two weeks and be fine, but that's obviously not the case lol. I've recently started looking through some plastic surgery forums outside of this thread and whenever people talk about their own recovery processes it seems to take them months at least to fully and safely return to strenuous activities, so whenever we see idols with obviously super fresh faces that are still visibly swollen from whatever procedure they had, nose jobs that haven't even begun to start settling yet it just makes we wonder how the hell they did that. Because we see changes in idols' faces quite frequently, and when you think about how fast paced the industry is with only a few months between comebacks where they have to constantly practice and record there's no way they're getting the rest they need to fully recover.

These days I follow mostly SM artists, and when I think about how so many of them had jaw shaves, especially their main vocalists, I truly cannot fathom why they're putting themselves through this. Everyone who's had that procedure done says they couldn't open their mouths properly for several months, which is like essential when you're singing lol. Sure, botox exists, fillers exist, but a lot of these changes are obviously permanent and surgical so like...how

I guess when you think about it it does make more sense for idols to get things done young as trainees, especially major surgeries. It's still strange to me though, because while trainee life is more flexible than idol life most of the time, it still can get quite busy. But still, idols very much do get stuff done, even major surgeries well into their careers.

Sorry for rambling lol, but I really do think about this a lot, especially when I see the changes my favorite idols have gone through over the years. I guess since most companies don't exactly care about the wellbeing of their artists, they just allow them to take the bare minimum time off to recover, and then it's back to work. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, SepiaSkies said:

These days I follow mostly SM artists, and when I think about how so many of them had jaw shaves, especially their main vocalists, I truly cannot fathom why they're putting themselves through this. Everyone who's had that procedure done says they couldn't open their mouths properly for several months, which is like essential when you're singing lol. Sure, botox exists, fillers exist, but a lot of these changes are obviously permanent and surgical so like...how

Because Kpop (and I‘m not talking about the Western music industry, which can be quite lookist in its own crontrived way) is 70% looks. At the very least. Visuals are one of the if not THE major appeal. If you are going to spend time watching fanciful choreographies and whack MVs, they‘ll go in much easier if they star ridiculously attractive people, and since it‘s Korea most of them are catering to, it‘s the Korean standard of beauty they‘ll have to adapt to. And, as much as it hurts to say it, vocals don’t even matter anymore. Gone are the days when companies cared to scout and polish a Solji, Hyolin or Kyuhyun and when vocalists with what were considered to be B-tier visuals according to the general opinion were extremely hyped up and talked about because they could actually sing, and by that I mean proper technique and shit, not just decently stable with a “unique tone". Sure there are some nice vocalists, but unless they’re noticeably attractive or have any other appeal to account for (be it variety or getting some miserable article lines for a glamourous body, or whatever, and that’s on counted occasions), it just doesn’t cut it. That’s why I love the songs from the old days and particularly the ones from the Sexy Concept Groups (as dark a period as it may have been). My God, the vocals were bomb more often than not.

• Like 8
  • Tea 1
19 hours ago, neo velvet said:

i can only speak for the boyz. unless stated otherwise, all of this was done predebut.

sangyeon: subtle double eyelid surgery

jacob: nosejob

younghoon: eyes and nose

hyunjae: botox, fillers, possibly buccal fat removal, no invasive procedures as far as i can tell

q: canthoplasty, fillers, possibly a jaw shave but could just be botox

juyeon: double eyelid surgery, slimmed down his nose and got rid of his natural bump/hook in 2019 (rip😭)

kevin: i think he's done something to his jawline in the past year or so but i can't pinpoint it

new: double eyelid surgery predebut which he then got enhanced in 2019, at the same time that he got a very unnecessary nosejob (again rip)

haknyeon: au naturale

sunwoo: god tier nosejob

eric: another god tier nosejob, canthoplasty, the lower falf of his face has slimmed down dramatically since debut but idk what to chalk that up to

(i didn't include hwall because the only surgery he got was after he'd already left the group)

I think Chanhee/New may have also shaved his jaw? He didn't have a very strong jaw to begin with, so I'm not sure, but now there's a clear lack of a mandible angle and the overall jaw has the oddly "smooth" and almost "egg-like" look which I've found is common with jaw shaves, especially in men.

Predebut: 

21617919_245623755963452_440875659648992f0d1a2cc6b28dccccc89f08521f14b00.jpg4e5a5eaf8db4c0f4589d3169d8ad09bb.jpgfGMqqrU.jpg?1

DUgZdMYVwAAIU4T.jpg

Debut to present:

ac593ba40c2c50e55c7f38d0156b5801.jpgpR3OJ7h.jpg?1830bd65c4397d4fa3e3164b37044f464.jpgPOXvZe8.jpg?1

1rk5Ot7.jpg?1wGQqXWk.jpg?1

3CruKLO.jpg?1BZuXtjU.png?1

N4hyXVZ.jpg?1bbf4893673fc8350bee4bd39b9e75860.jpg

Gw6agGG.jpg?1lwxLqs0.png?1

• Like 4

Hi! I've been a lurker of this thread for a really long time, wanted to discuss probably an already discussed into deep topic, bts' surgeries.

I've been an army for a long time -2013- and I see pictured of them 24/7, so I don't tend to notice any changes, aside from their hair color 🤦‍♀️

I know that Namjoon had a nose surgery because of some health issues. And that's it...

In this thread, I've seen comments on Jungkook's nose, and I don't know if something was done? I've only started looking into it because you guys mentioned it here lol I don't even know if he had a surgery, if it's a surgery or an implant? -I'm sorry my knowledge of the terms is scarce.

Predebut

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MO_Lv1-SGII/YB2AIvuEq6I/AAAAAAABOeo/AajoZXCpKrIzhKE2dyZf0I10pnFKNPODgCLcBGAsYHQ/s16000/download%2B%25281%2529.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EteyviuVgAIi_Qw?format=jpg&name=900x900

I've tried taking a screeenshot from a video rather than official pics or MV since those are/can be edited

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wSD64jXVqgY/mqdefault.jpg

El increíble look de Jungkook que ha enamorado a ARMY aún más – KPOP-LAT

It does look different now that I'm making this post, but I don't know, Could someone explain or point out the changes? Maybe the tip and the bridge?

Yoongi/SUGA

I don't know if he has fillers or what, but he looks bloated?

https://i.ibb.co/Mc2ByRZ/IMG-0929.jpg

I'm not trying to deny anything btw! I'm really curious because I've never noticed till it was all pointed out by you guys and now I'm opening my eyes.

Probably the other members had things done too. I know that Hoseok's nose has been a topic of discussion, and I've seen Jungkook's and Jimin's eyes in another post too -I thought their eyes changed due to make up and better styling lol it never ocurred to me it could be plastic surgery 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Sorry for my dumbness and thank you for your help!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, rowanokke said:

I've been a loona stan since 2017 and Haseul in this picture just looks.. so different?? I hope its just a snow filter..am i the only one seeing something? 

I thought she was p1harmony’s jiung in a wig

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Chimichurri said:

Hi! I've been a lurker of this thread for a really long time, wanted to discuss probably an already discussed into deep topic, bts' surgeries.

I've been an army for a long time -2013- and I see pictured of them 24/7, so I don't tend to notice any changes, aside from their hair color 🤦‍♀️

I know that Namjoon had a nose surgery because of some health issues. And that's it...

In this thread, I've seen comments on Jungkook's nose, and I don't know if something was done? I've only started looking into it because you guys mentioned it here lol I don't even know if he had a surgery, if it's a surgery or an implant? -I'm sorry my knowledge of the terms is scarce.

Predebut

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MO_Lv1-SGII/YB2AIvuEq6I/AAAAAAABOeo/AajoZXCpKrIzhKE2dyZf0I10pnFKNPODgCLcBGAsYHQ/s16000/download%2B%25281%2529.jpg

I've tried taking a screeenshot from a video rather than official pics or MV since those are/can be edited

It does look different now that I'm making this post, but I don't know, Could someone explain or point out the changes? Maybe the tip and the bridge?

Yoongi/SUGA

I'm not trying to deny anything btw! I'm really curious because I've never noticed till it was all pointed out by you guys and now I'm opening my eyes.

Probably the other members had things done too. I know that Hoseok's nose has been a topic of discussion, and I've seen Jungkook's and Jimin's eyes in another post too -I thought their eyes changed due to make up and better styling lol it never ocurred to me it could be plastic surgery 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

bts is a very interesting group to analyse because most of their surgeries were done after debut, which means we have a wide array of hd photos to compare

namjoon: a rather unfortunate nosejob where they removed too much of his cartilage, a jaw shave to correct his naturally lopsided jawline

KnXht06.jpg

jhope: pretty much every type of cosmetic surgery you can think of - a new nose every comeback, double eyelid, epicanthoplasty, fat graft, forehead implant, fillers - you name it

I3JJ9Km.jpg

suga: like you said he gets fillers quite regularly and sometimes overdoes which makes him look bloated

he's also had a jawshave and mayyyyybe a chin implant (could just be fillers), rhinoplasty to bring the nostrils in, slim the bridge and lift his nosetip, he might've gotten some of the extra skin removed from his eyelids to make his eyes wider while still maintaining his monolids

U1w8plO.jpg 

jin: very subtle rhinoplasty to raise his nose bridge and make the tip slightly more pinched, fillers here and there, otherwise quite natural

ff0DTYa.jpg

jimin: rhinoplasty, epicanthoplasty, lots of filler, botox around his jawline, maybe buccal fat removal but it's hard to tell with his dramatic weight loss

6JRGWmJ.jpg 

taehyung: rhinoplasty and a hairline transplant! that aside, his glowup has been very gradual, so i'd chalk it up to improved styling and him growing into his looks.

if he uses any fillers, then he's very subtle about it unlike the other members. after he lost his baby fat, his face has become very gaunt and bony like the rest of him, which is a stark contrast to the bloated look fillers tend to give.

lg7HUIM.jpg 

jungkook: one of the best nosejobs in the biz - a bit slimmer from the front and much straighter/taller in profile but otherwise near identical, epicanthoplasty, raised his natural double eyelids sometime before wings era

xovKkoO.jpg 

• Like 11
  • Thinking 1
2 hours ago, neo velvet said:

bts is a very interesting group to analyse because most of their surgeries were done after debut, which means we have a wide array of hd photos to compare

namjoon: a rather unfortunate nosejob where they removed too much of his cartilage, a jaw shave to correct his naturally lopsided jawline

KnXht06.jpg

jhope: pretty much every type of cosmetic surgery you can think of - a new nose every comeback, double eyelid, epicanthoplasty, fat graft, forehead implant, fillers - you name it

I3JJ9Km.jpg

suga: like you said he gets fillers quite regularly and sometimes overdoes which makes him look bloated

he's also had a jawshave and mayyyyybe a chin implant (could just be fillers), rhinoplasty to bring the nostrils in, slim the bridge and lift his nosetip, he might've gotten some of the extra skin removed from his eyelids to make his eyes wider while still maintaining his monolids

U1w8plO.jpg 

jin: very subtle rhinoplasty to raise his nose bridge and make the tip slightly more pinched, fillers here and there, otherwise quite natural

ff0DTYa.jpg

jimin: rhinoplasty, epicanthoplasty, lots of filler, botox around his jawline, maybe buccal fat removal but it's hard to tell with his dramatic weight loss

6JRGWmJ.jpg 

taehyung: rhinoplasty and a hairline transplant! that aside, his glowup has been very gradual, so i'd chalk it up to improved styling and him growing into his looks.

if he uses any fillers, then he's very subtle about it unlike the other members. after he lost his baby fat, his face has become very gaunt and bony like the rest of him, which is a stark contrast to the bloated look fillers tend to give.

lg7HUIM.jpg 

jungkook: one of the best nosejobs in the biz - a bit slimmer from the front and much straighter/taller in profile but otherwise near identical, epicanthoplasty, raised his natural double eyelids sometime before wings era

xovKkoO.jpg 

I knew Hoseok got his nose done but I don't remember it looking that bad? That's Michael Jackson's nose
I3JJ9Km.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Tea 1
9 hours ago, meeeplet said:

I think Chanhee/New may have also shaved his jaw? He didn't have a very strong jaw to begin with, so I'm not sure, but now there's a clear lack of a mandible angle and the overall jaw has the oddly "smooth" and almost "egg-like" look which I've found is common with jaw shaves, especially in men.

Predebut: 

21617919_245623755963452_440875659648992f0d1a2cc6b28dccccc89f08521f14b00.jpg4e5a5eaf8db4c0f4589d3169d8ad09bb.jpgfGMqqrU.jpg?1

DUgZdMYVwAAIU4T.jpg

Debut to present:

ac593ba40c2c50e55c7f38d0156b5801.jpgpR3OJ7h.jpg?1830bd65c4397d4fa3e3164b37044f464.jpgPOXvZe8.jpg?1

1rk5Ot7.jpg?1wGQqXWk.jpg?1

3CruKLO.jpg?1BZuXtjU.png?1

N4hyXVZ.jpg?1bbf4893673fc8350bee4bd39b9e75860.jpg

Gw6agGG.jpg?1lwxLqs0.png?1

He did shave his jaw. 

• Like 2

i'm honestly quite shocked that jhope managed to still look like himself after all the procedures he had done. he was a very good looking guy before he started getting surgeries so i always wondered what pushed him to get so much stuff done. 

on the other hand it's quite refreshing to see that taehyung didn't really give in to the filler/botox/whatever trend. he's extremely good looking and he obviously knows this, so good for him. he's a clear example that you don't need to rely on fillers to be considered an amazing visual and i think because of that he has this really unique, natural look in comparison to the bloating and pillow faces we see so often 

• Like 13
On 2/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, neo velvet said:

KnXht06.jpg

I3JJ9Km.jpg

U1w8plO.jpg 

ff0DTYa.jpg

6JRGWmJ.jpg 

lg7HUIM.jpg 

xovKkoO.jpg 

It's interesting but i think you're rearching a bit for some of these, Namjoon's jaw has the same shape and your before/after pics doesn't really show differences. Also Suga still has his flat button nose (more obvious when he smile) with same shape & width, and small "triangle shaped" eyes with asymmetric eyelids. 

Edited by Nanamie
Are y'all having fun, stob it
  • Clown 6
10 hours ago, Chimichurri said:

Predebut

Yoongi/SUGA

Apparently Suga had to undergo multiple cortisone shots through the years to relieve the pain of his damaged shoulder. Cortisone can make you bloat has a side effect, i'm not saying he never had fillers but some of his unflattering look could be related to health problems. 

• Like 2

Dear Neo Velvet, thank you for taking your time to explain this!!  ☺️ Looking at those pictures, there're  differences. It's interesting how I  actually never paid attention to any of them  🤦‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Nanamie said:

Apparently Suga had to undergo multiple cortisone shots through the years to relieve the pain of his damaged shoulder. Cortisone can make you bloat has a side effect, i'm not saying he never had fillers but some of his unflattering look could be related to health problems. 

I didn't know the side effects of cortisone, so it didn't occur to me that it could be that too. Thank you for your input! 😊

• Like 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tomorrowseemssofaraway said:

Namjoons jaw looked quite different before debuting in BTS

I really can't see it on the pictures posted above or others I've found on Google. RM's jaw doesn't go straight from his chin to his ears, it isn't a typical V shape and still has the same small "angle" as predebut. The only difference, apart from nose, is that he used to have fuller cheeks and it's natural after dieting. 

34 minutes ago, Nanamie said:

I think you're reaching too much, Namjoon's jaw has the same shape, also Suga still has his flat button nose (more obvious when he smile) and really small eyes with asymmetric eyelids. 

namjoon used to have a prominent asymmetrical jawline and now his chin basically recedes straight into his neck. you can't achieve results that extreme without cutting the bone.

suga's nosejob is actually up there with jungkook's as one of the best. it's like they just shrunk the entire thing a couple sizes and made the tip a little perkier. that's why you can't say it's the same nose by solely looking at the nose itself - you have to look at it in relation to his other features. suga has a very small mouth for example, and his nose used to actually be the same horizontal length as his lips, whereas now his nose is much smaller in comparison. (also everyone's noses become wider and flatter when they smile, so you should always compare their resting faces)

i will retract my statement about his eyes though. i just searched up some barefaced pics of him and his eyes basically look the same as they did predebut! i think i underestimated the power of good makeup

25 minutes ago, Nanamie said:

this is very interesting and actually makes a lot of sense!

i still think he gets fillers semi regularly, but this would explain the sudden bloating he sometimes gets, because if that was due to the fillers it wouldn't subside in a week. it would also make his face PERMANENTLY bigger/fuller, yet there are times (like my example pic) where his face reverts back to being thin and elastic again (without the visible sagging that usually comes with it).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Nanamie said:

aw I didn't know that. I had to take cortisone once for an inflammation and I couldn't stand the sight of my face because it looked so bloated. I refused to leave the house for a few days until it looked a bit better.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, redflavor_ said:

i'm honestly quite shocked that jhope managed to still look like himself after all the procedures he had done. he was a very good looking guy before he started getting surgeries so i always wondered what pushed him to get so much stuff done. 

Totally agree, with other idols you basically have to double-check to know it‘s them, with J-Hope, he‘s looked the same since forever and yet completely different every year. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, MiyaV said:

Not exactly surgery, but what would you say is the percentage of idols undergoing skin lightening procedures? 

High but not too high. I would say around %45? Including unpopular and unknown idols too ofc. It gives almost a waxy look at times, so usually popular idols don't touch it unless they are established and don't care. Unless they have freckles tho. If they have freckles they use skin whitening to get rid of them. 

Skin whitening is more of a Chinese celebrity thing, but I can't comment on Korean actors, only idols. 

We can't know the exact percentage tho, from plus side it is something that helps bad skin condition something most idols suffer from. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, MiyaV said:

Not exactly surgery, but what would you say is the percentage of idols undergoing skin lightening procedures? 

I would say a lot of those skin care treatments that companies make their idols go through have some skin lightening properties however i don't think that percentage of idols who ACTUALLY got their skin lighten is that high.

I say this mainly because when you see pictures of idols completely unfiltered, without makeup, and in a normal lighting, their skin tone is not that different from predebut. their skin just looks a bit paler however their undertone(?) is still the same.

People who have gotten their skin lighten will often have a pale and greyish appearance to their skin that really stands out. their skin will also often appear super thin and their veins will be visible.

I do suspect some idols of skin bleaching but only in moderate amounts. I can't really think of anyone who shows all the signs of skin lightening. I would say the percentage is maybe 30%?

• Like 4

@Angelica_mochi @lighterxx

Thank you both for your input, it's something I was curious about, because I suspected they were really careful with the sun (as opposed to children who don't care and play outside freely), plus I was aware of some non-permanent skinspray that is possible to apply before a show, and lighting and photoshop are also factors to consider. I know skin lightening is a big thing in Bollywood, and I heard of the preference for pale skins in East Asia (as tan skins are associated with farm labour). 

Edited by MiyaV
26 minutes ago, MiyaV said:

@Angelica_mochi @lighterxx

Thank you both for your input, it's something I was curious about, because I suspected they were really careful with the sun (as opposed to children who don't care and play outside freely), plus I was aware of some non-permanent skinspray that is possible to apply before a show, and lighting and photoshop are also factors to consider. I know skin lightening is a big thing in Bollywood, and I heard of the preference for pale skins in East Asia (as tan skins are associated with farm labour). 

They lather themselves with sunscreen usually, both for casual times and on stage, they would be pretty pale. I always use sunscreen too, and it does affect your skin tone. 

Otherwise you are right, tan skin is not liked in Korea, bit of an odd example, but under Mingyu's Facebook posts with his selfies from old times, you can see his friends "" constantly say he is dark. If I'm not mistaken Kai suffered through that as well. 

(Oot but that's why I literally laughed my ass off when someone said they are actually so pale and do tanning to get fans from SEA like WHAT???)

Overall, since one of us said %45 other said %30, let's say around %35 then? Because I also follow unknown idols and most have the said waxy look, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

I think someone earlier in this thread had said something about Itzy's Yeji having a nose job and at first i definitely agree. I saw a lot of changes in the base of her nostrils, it seems smaller. but i wonder could it just be because of fillers and photo editing?

however, i also came across this photo of her barefaced and i thought it looked really similar to her predebut's.

main-qimg-3f7927ca54ec528a1ae055d981a9687e

predebut

main-qimg-2ed251a65deddaa46b209398f1fde659

i see a change but im not fully convinced yet that she's had a nose job. Can someone please clear this up for me?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2