• Please log in to reply
6062 replies to this topic

#21 minjoy

minjoy

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Locationminhoxjoy ship

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:57 PM (Edited by fujiwara_mayu, 17 September 2013 - 08:14 PM.)

My bias is natural only if he didn't fix his nose lol :lol:

3547209275_1743f15821.jpg

755563452.jpg?1365399066

#22 Girls'Generation

Girls'Generation

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Why can't we talk about it? It's obviously happening.

what's the point, though? plastic surgery exists, let's move on. if you want to know who has gotten PS, it's called google. threads like this are a bad and pointless idea.

I could say something about Girls' Generation, but this thread is simply no bashing, and only sophisticated talk

say something about me, or SNSD?

cause either way,

Posted Image

#23 Temptastic VII

Temptastic VII

♔ t-trash ♔

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,426 posts
  • Locationaus

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

what's the point, though? plastic surgery exists, let's move on.  if you want to know who has gotten PS, it's called google. threads like this are a bad and pointless idea.

Then I guess just ignore the thread and ignore the people who would like to talk about it. 

#24 JessicaRabbit

JessicaRabbit

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

what's the point, though? plastic surgery exists, let's move on.  if you want to know who has gotten PS, it's called google. threads like this are a bad and pointless idea.

Well, I have changed this from targeting SK [and J] idols to the concept of PS entirely. If the bashing thread can exist, not sure why this can't either since people make PS threads shit-talking someone all the time. 

#25 Soy Un Dorito

Soy Un Dorito

ღ Tᴀɪ Wᴀɴ Mᴇɪ ღ

• PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationPressed up against Jimin in an elevator

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

say something about me, or SNSD? 

cause either way,

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumblr...

I'm talking about SNSD, and their history with PS

If you don't care, however, why make the effort to post here?

Yeah, it exists, and I suppose more people care about it than others

#26 jjein

jjein

Jaeharem

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

This thread is a disaster waiting to happen...  :._.:

#27 JessicaRabbit

JessicaRabbit

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

This thread is a disaster waiting to happen...  :._.:

So far I'm seeing more sensitive prone users than anything else... 

#28 ♥SNS-Shinomiya♥

♥SNS-Shinomiya♥

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Okay so I have been wanting to know once and for all what this girl really has gotten done. There are only two possibilities: nose or eyes

The thing with Sunny is that no one really agrees on what she got. Some
people say her nose or just her eyes. I being just one person am not sure based
on inconsistencies with her selcas (which I base most of my deductive reasoning
from).

Predebut nose:

qzhzcj.jpg

Current:

snsd_sunny_selca_thumb.jpg

a0022701_4c486593f3b30.jpg

tumblr_lggc0mE7eo1qcgyaa.png

sunny-selca-1.jpg

to me (I could be wrong) all these noses look like this one

20090327165022.jpg

Eyes:

Her eyes are kinda funny...there is a picture of her eyes that we all know
which is this one

qzhzcj.jpg

but there are pictures of her eyes where her eyes aren't so...idk

2vsm0ep.jpg

ne6zoj.jpg

Now I saw a pic of Sunny when she closed her eyes and sometimes she will have a crease line

tumblr_lkvo5jGy2G1qeej0oo1_400.jpg

BPh0AaRCcAEv-8X.jpg

iKUCQ6Xx7t0l0.jpg

but other times it won't be there at all

tumblr_mprby0XI5O1r24db9o1_500.jpg

ibs52OQGmV0P3b.jpg

snsd+sunny+selca+%25282%2529.jpg

so really I don't know what she got done to her eyes since sometimes its hard to determine where her crease is.

#29 Miss.Miss

Miss.Miss

FATE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  • LocationReally Really... I was a Fool 🐋

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well if people could refrain from bashing since this isn't the bashing thread then I don't see how a discussion can't happen. I don't mind a discussion on general ps issues.

#30 PinkBaby

PinkBaby

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

There's nothing wrong with this thread existing. Basically all idols have has PS and SNSD is one of those groups. Discussing an existing matter is better than disillusioning oneself into thinking otherwise.

I've looked at a few blogs about this and still think only Seohyun is PS-free in SNSD. It's also safe to say basically all idols had double eyelid.

#31 jjein

jjein

Jaeharem

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'm not denying any possible plastic surgery rumors from some idols posted here, but it's hard to compare a picture of them from when they were younger to a picture of them now and call it valid evidence (unless there's a severe change in like, jaw structure or something that's clearly different). When you go from a child to a teenager and then to an adult, things change a lot in your face. It's not always plastic surgery.

For example...

Leonardo Dicaprio looks different than he used to back in his Titanic days.

leonardo_dicaprio_83.jpg

1822292.jpg

Granted, the age gap is bigger than the idols being discussed here but I think my point gets across? ;;

#32 Miss.Miss

Miss.Miss

FATE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  • LocationReally Really... I was a Fool 🐋

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Anyway what do people think of shows like Let Beauty?

I haven't really watched the episodes but I remember reading about it on NB and while some of them it seemed to be handled well others left me a bit uncomfortable. Like the wife who was having surgery because her husband was a douche

#33 jjein

jjein

Jaeharem

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I haven't really watched the episodes but I remember reading about it on NB and while some of them it seemed to be handled well others left me a bit uncomfortable. Like the wife who was having surgery because her husband was a douche

I love this show. It's really interesting but some of the stories are so sad.

I don't think there's anything wrong with plastic surgery either. If you want it, then do it. It only becomes a problem if you're getting to the point where it's physically causing you damage or you're starting to look deformed due to excessive procedures...

#34 JessicaRabbit

JessicaRabbit

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Official thread song/ MV pls.

I think this both funny and creative, how their being honest and in-your-face about the whole PS ordeal in South Korea and the double standards.

But I think it's also a bit sad when they basically said why is PS bad if it gives them confidence. If confidence doesn't come from YOU, then do you really have it at all? What if Korean standards started to change, would BEG [or anyone else] still feel as beautiful as they do now? And how will someone know when enough is enough? Relying on plastic surgery to feel pretty just turns it into an obsession....

A shame that their [BEG] talents went unrecognized till it "matched their beauty". 

#35 JessicaRabbit

JessicaRabbit

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think I've seen this show before... A bunch of guys were complaining how they want a natural beauty but then trashed some of the females who came because they weren't pretty. It was too fucked up for me to sit down and continuously watch.

#36 Athena

Athena

legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,519 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:42 PM (Edited by 14_karat, 17 September 2013 - 08:45 PM.)

I'm not denying any possible plastic surgery rumors from some idols posted here, but it's hard to compare a picture of them from when they were younger to a picture of them now and call it valid evidence (unless there's a severe change in like, jaw structure or something that's clearly different). When you go from a child to a teenager and then to an adult, things change a lot in your face. It's not always plastic surgery.

For example...

Leonardo Dicaprio looks different than he used to back in his Titanic days.

http://starnewsbook.com/wp-content/uploa...

http://cdn-media.hollywood.com/images/63...

Granted, the age gap is bigger than the idols being discussed here but I think my point gets across? ;;

Your Leonardo Dicaprio example is the perfect example of why many idols get jaw shaving. Some are harder to identify but if you look closely and it at different angles. Your example proves my point perfectly. Your jaw will get squarer and broader as you age, it will not magically turn into a v-line and get smaller and slimmer. Also your nose will always get bigger and flatter, not small and more up-right.

To sum up my answer. Your features always get broader, sharper and more angular as you age and not smaller, slimmer, and up-right. Most of the time you cannot blame "puberty" as an excuse for why an idol did not get ps.

#37 JessicaRabbit

JessicaRabbit

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Okay so I have been wanting to know once and for all what this girl really has gotten done. There are only two possibilities: nose or eyes

The thing with Sunny is that no one really agrees on what she got. Some
people say her nose or just her eyes. I being just one person am not sure based
on inconsistencies with her selcas (which I base most of my deductive reasoning
from).

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae61/...

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348...

Eyes:

Her eyes are kinda funny...there is a picture of her eyes that we all know
which is this one

but there are pictures of her eyes where her eyes aren't so...idk

Now I saw a pic of Sunny when she closed her eyes and sometimes she will have a crease line

but other times it won't be there at all

so really I don't know what she got done to her eyes since sometimes its hard to determine where her crease is.

It's impossible to say what Sunny had because different angles show different things. I DO believe she had double eyelid surgery though because of her makeup less face photos but I'm not sure about anything else. It could be a sticker though, Asia has different ways of getting double eyelids: Surgery, makeup and stickers.

SNSD-Sunny-no-makeup-face-1.jpg

SNSD-Sunny-no-makeup-face-2.jpg

#38 ♥SNS-Shinomiya♥

♥SNS-Shinomiya♥

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:49 PM (Edited by Monotrack20, 17 September 2013 - 09:18 PM.)

It's impossible to say what Sunny had because different angles show different things. I DO believe she had double eyelid surgery though because of her makeup less face photos but I'm not sure about anything else. It could be a sticker though, Asia has different ways of getting double eyelids: Surgery, makeup and stickers.

http://www.ifeelcosmo.com/wp-content/upl...

http://www.ifeelcosmo.com/wp-content/upl...

i think if she got anything it would be her eyes, but predebut she did show "double eyelids" ( tumblr_lf26bc5Esp1qcgyaa.jpg ), so it hard to say if she puts tape, eyelash fibers, glue or whatever to make the crease look different everytime. Remember IY when she showed her no makeup face and we saw this

(look at the upper right hand side)

wy801.jpg

then in 2011 we saw her "no makeup" face with no double eyelids in sight

snsd-Sunny-without-makeup.jpg

#39 ♥SNS-Shinomiya♥

♥SNS-Shinomiya♥

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Your Leonardo Dicaprio example is the perfect example of why many idols get jaw shaving. Some are harder to identify but if you look closely and it at different angles. Your example proves my point perfectly. Your jaw will get squarer and broader as you age, it will not magically turn into a v-line and get smaller and slimmer. Also your nose will always get bigger and flatter, not small and more up-right.

To sum up my answer. Your features always get broader, sharper and more angular as you age and not smaller, slimmer, and up-right. Most of the time you cannot blame "puberty" as an excuse for why an idol did not get ps.

I think that has more to do with the condition of your skin as you age. For Leo his jaw didn't get bigger he has looser skin, so it hangs down making it look bigger

This clip shows a women whose nose an jaw didn't change, but as she aged and her skin wasn't as tight as she was when she was younger hung down making her face look bigger

#40 jjein

jjein

Jaeharem

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

The natural aging process is definitely a factor of why some idols get jaw shaving procedures too.

Basically, if their jaw gets smaller as they get older then they've most likely had something done. But if it hasn't/stays similar/gets slightly bigger/has more bone structure then they might not have had anything... I was trying to say that using child/teenager vs adult pictures aren't as good of a source. ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disc, plastic surgery, south korea, japan, changes, enhacement

Up, Up and Away!