Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HugeBoi Minos Wife

[AKP]South Korean man gets 12 years for stabbing U.S. Ambassador

Kim Ki-Jung, a 55-year-old South Korean man, was sentenced to 12 years in jail after being convicted of attempted murder on Mark Lippert, the U.S. ambassador to South Korea.

Back on March 5, Lippert was stabbed by Kim during an event organized by the Korean Council for Reconciliation and Cooperation, an event which advocates peaceful reunification between North and South Korea.

Lippert was attacked shortly before his speech, getting stabbed in the face and arms. The ambassador suffered severe injuries, resulting in 80 stitches.

Kim holds a long history of violence. In 2010, he received a two-year prison sentence for throwing pieces of concrete at a Japanese ambassador. Reports also indicate that Kim has visited North Korea several times within the past couple years. Although prosecutors attempted to link a possible connection between his visits to North Korea and the attack, it was dismissed in court.

SEE ALSO: U.S. ambassador assaulted by pro-North Korea activist

"We continue to appreciate the strong support of the Korean people and the Korean government following the attack on Ambassador Lippert in March," said embassy spokesman Daniel Turnbull. "This support demonstrates the deep friendship between our peoples."

The man is indeed crazy, nothing wrong with him being thrown in jail but... Shouldn´t the rib breakers, rapists,pedophiles...get higher sentence aswell? Woman beaters get away too easily in Korea...

I now I maybe shouldn't compare crimes , but actual murder ,rapist and abusers get way less then this I believe you would need to commit murder,abuse and rape in order to get 12 years in Korea usually well at least they did it right this time . If I were a korean I would be a bit pissed thinking that my life is not worth as much as an ambassador. However I understand the argument that guest are sometimes more important ....

Lippert was attacked shortly before his speech, getting stabbed in the face and arms. The ambassador suffered severe injuries, resulting in 80 stitches.

Kim holds a long history of violence. In 2010, he received a two-year prison sentence for throwing pieces of concrete at a Japanese ambassador. 

the fuck?

first of all, ONLY 12 years for attempted MURDER of the US ambassador!??!?!

he shouldnt even have been OUT of jail for trying to throw CONCRETE at the japanese ambassador in the first place

korea needs to get their sentences straight. 

someone dealing marijuana can go to jail for 2 years but he went to jail for 2 years for trying to kill/severely hurt a government official with concrete. okay.