Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

[KB]Siwon confirms his stance against same-sex marriage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
349 replies to this topic

#1 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,571 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:11 AM (Edited by HugeBoi Minos Wife, 11 September 2015 - 06:25 AM.)

10985957_1007118655988059_58179676625733 Image: Madam Tussauds

On September 11th, Siwon retweeted various messages in light of the recent Davis case about same-sex marriage in the United States.

Known for expressing his opinions against same-sex marriage in the past, the Super Junior member retweeted a news article as well as two Biblical passages to confirm his position on the controversial matter.

When previously asked about sexually ambiguous roles the actor revealed, “I will respectfully refuse any such offers. While I respect all genders, I do not wish to acknowledge homosexuals as I have been taught that God created Man and Woman with specific characteristics and duties. I realize that with globalization, there are many [entertainers] who do not share my views. There are those who are value-oriented and those who are success-oriented. However shouldn’t an actor deliver an image to his audience through roles he chooses to portray, based on his beliefs in life?

However, fans were quick to note that despite this answer, Siwon does not hesitate to share skinship with other males. An old collage of photos showing intimate interactions between he and Super Junior power vocalist Kyuhyun was brought up because of this.

His recent tweets confirm his stance against same-sex marriage as he stated he aligns strongly with the beliefs of his religion.

The recent case revolves around Kim Davis, a Kentucky county clerk who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses. She was ordered to jail last Thursday but has been released this Tuesday on September 8th. She insisted that issuing these licenses was against her religious beliefs and therefore refused to do so.

wonkyu.jpg

siwom-davis-650x537.png

Source: Siwon’s Twitter, The Yale Globalist, TV Report, and CNN

I salute him for standing firm in what he truly believes in and not backing down because of his celebrity status. He´s a public figure, a christian and opinions against same sex marriage are always marginalized so it definitely takes courage to have spoken like he did. Being a christian myself, I understand him more and hope people will understand too. We all have different opinions on almost everything in life, depending on our background, our culture and our beliefs. As long as we respect each other, I dont think problems would arise.

Edit:

Again, Siwon might be against the act but he truly respects and loves the people. As long as we respect each other, I dont think problems would arise.

339.jpg

#2 kinjiki

kinjiki

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

He must have a lot of self-hate and denial inside his head.....he just needs to find the right man.

#3 Buns

Buns

white bitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

nope

#4 racquelle2005

racquelle2005

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:15 AM (Edited by racquelle2005, 11 September 2015 - 02:16 AM.)

On September 11th, Siwon retweeted various messages in light of the recent Davis case about same-sex marriage in the United States.

Known for expressing his opinions against same-sex marriage in the past, the Super Junior member retweeted a news article as well as two Biblical passages to confirm his position on the controversial matter.

When previously asked about sexually ambiguous roles the actor revealed, “I will respectfully refuse any such offers. While I respect all genders, I do not wish to acknowledge homosexuals as I have been taught that God created Man and Woman with specific characteristics and duties. I realize that with globalization, there are many [entertainers] who do not share my views. There are those who are value-oriented and those who are success-oriented. However shouldn’t an actor deliver an image to his audience through roles he chooses to portray, based on his beliefs in life?

However, fans were quick to note that despite this answer, Siwon does not hesitate to share skinship with other males. An old collage of photos showing intimate interactions between he and Super Junior power vocalist Kyuhyun was brought up because of this.

His recent tweets confirm his stance against same-sex marriage as he stated he aligns strongly with the beliefs of his religion.

The recent case revolves around Kim Davis, a Kentucky county clerk who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses. She was ordered to jail last Thursday but has been released this Tuesday on September 8th. She insisted that issuing these licenses was against her religious beliefs and therefore refused to do so.

http://cdn.koreaboo.com/wp-content/uploa...

http://cdn.koreaboo.com/wp-content/uploa...

Source: Siwon’s Twitter, The Yale Globalist, TV Report, and CNN

I salute him for standing firm in what he truly believes in and not backing down because of his celebrity status. He´s a public figure, a christian and opinions against same sex marriage are always marginalized so it definitely takes courage to have spoken like he did. Being a christian myself, I understand him more and hope people will understand too. We all have different opinions on almost everything in life, depending on our background, our culture and our beliefs. As long as we respect each other, I dont think problems would arise.

you can seriously fuck off with this shit. Young queer kids kill themselves because of homophobic christian trash like him and his daddy and I'm not giving your ass a free pass because of your "beliefs"

#5 darkrown

darkrown

• PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:15 AM

lol. so what, is he supporting davis? that's not standing behind his views, that's negating a legally protected right. what she's doing is illegal and he would know that if he could be arsed to google it

I never cared much for siwon anyway, but this is just reason to outright dislike him  :imstupid:

#6 Chioma

Chioma

#JudgingYou

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:15 AM (Edited by Chioma, 11 September 2015 - 02:20 AM.)

He is allowed to be against it and to voice his opinion but not spread hatred. 

Just respect his beliefs and opinion and move on with your life. 

#7 Jam

Jam

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

*deletes every post i had praising him*
XsSWPzK.gif

#8 Temptastic

Temptastic

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Thank god his groups is going to the pit soon

so I won't be able to his deformed horrible face

ugly homophobic rat

#9 Yeojin

Yeojin

cool. and nice

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:16 AM

but he has made so much money off of doing homo erotic things in front of their fans.....

#10 yabarthe

yabarthe

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

I mean what's the difference between fanservice like this

hqdefault.jpg

and playing a sexually ambiguous role?  :rolleyes:

#11 Vais

Vais

High Priestess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Being a bigot is courageous now?

idhvKpQ3uOViC.gif

#12 GirlBye

GirlBye

SCONE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,786 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:16 AM (Edited by Girl_Bye, 11 September 2015 - 02:34 AM.)

I don't get how one's religious beliefs have to do with others getting married. You don't agree with same-sex marriages? Cool. No one is forcing you to go witness a marriage or go marry someone of the same gender. Your life will not be affected in any way. People need to focus on their own lives instead of shoving their beliefs on others. Pretty sure they wouldn't want other people's religious beliefs deciding how they can/cannot live their lives. 

And major side-eye and disgust at him engaging in intimate moments with his members when he's against homosexuality. I guess as long as he makes $$$ off of it it's cool. 

At least he wasn't as hateful as that scum Lee Jung Jae:

“A while ago, Y left for heaven,” Lee said in the interview. “[Before he died,] I said to Y, ‘You should stop being gay. Haven’t you been that way enough?’ But it was not easy.”

Had to read his statement twice I was so shocked by the fuckery of it. 

XpmyKeQ.gif

#13 Golden Haze

Golden Haze

† The Shady Bunch †

• PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:16 AM (Edited by GoldenHaze, 11 September 2015 - 02:54 AM.)

i respect his opinion but i do not agree with it. he suddenly became my least fav in that group. ugh 

#14 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,066 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with what he said if he wasn't engaging in homoerotic activity all the time...

#15 NORIKIYO

NORIKIYO

Rap God

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:18 AM (Edited by NORIKIYO, 11 September 2015 - 04:41 AM.)

you can seriously fuck off with this shit. Young queer kids kill themselves because of homophobic christian trash like him and his daddy and I'm not giving your ass a free pass because of your "beliefs"

Not accepting his beliefs is just the same as people not accepting homosexuals beliefs. Don't be a hypocrite. 

#16 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,571 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:18 AM

you seem angry... take a chill pill.

#17 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,066 posts

I don't get how one's religious beliefs have to do with others getting married. You don't agree with same-sex marriages? Cool. No one is forcing you to go witness a marriage. Your life will not be affected in any way. People need to focus on their own lives instead of shoving their backward ass beliefs on others. 

Because as a Christian you're supposed to influence the world around you. This is against that message.

#18 InTheRiverofHan

InTheRiverofHan

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:18 AM (Edited by CrazyInTheHouse2, 11 September 2015 - 02:19 AM.)

stay strong Siwon and don't change your stance on this bc you are going to gain more from this at the end of THE day.. cheers mate.. No to homos #FREEDOM OF SPEECH

#19 MermaidPrincess

MermaidPrincess

♡ C U N T ♡

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

He´s a public figure, a christian and opinions against same sex marriage are always marginalized so it definitely takes courage to have spoken like he did.

tumblr_nj9n3cIyx81qg5o2oo3_250.gif

#20 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,571 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

Not accepting his beliefs is just the same as him not accepting same-sex marriage. Don't be a hypocrite. 

Up, Up and Away!