Official Shannon Thread

Shannon Williams CCM Core Contents Media mbk

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

While I understand the why, it would be such a waster of Shannon's talents to be in a group.

She is well rounded, she had vocal skill, she can dance, she has stage presence and she is pretty.

For sure, I mentioned that in the response to boramrambo right below. I remember being amazed by her appearance on Star King. She killed the musical performances, she danced to SNSD naturally, and her acting was better than most popular actors in SK honestly. That's why I said going for the Kpop idol status wasn't the best choice for her, because she is way above that.

#1122 boramrambo

boramrambo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationT-aradise

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:17 AM (Edited by boramrambo, 19 March 2017 - 10:19 AM.)

Well even in MBK she needs a comeback first for us to see how well her popularity is fairing. Anticipating that following the end of Kpop Star!

One thing for sure, being a soloist is definitely not at an advantage these days. Girl groups are such a big trend so if Shannon went to any other agencies, I would want her to start in a girl group first.

They already divided the two gg teams: Soomin/Minju/Ara vs. Sohee/Chrisha/Hyerim. I wouldn't complain if they pitched the two teams against each other. At least that's fair for them and for other contestants. I think they might have clarified the format in this episode but there are no subs yet.

Shannon really chose the tough route deciding to become a Kpop idol. Like a lot of people say, she has talents to be something more than that (like a musical actress). The Kpop world is rough and being from the big 3 and being from other companies both have their pros and cons.

Should be like that, two trios and boyfriend really a though opponent. They should pit trios againts trios and the winner againts each other find 1 winner. While the lost trios being split as solo againts two other eliminated candidate to find last one for top 4

A x B
C x D
trios E x trios F

top 4, A, C, one from trios E, one from eliminated battle B x D x F1 x F2 x F 3

I will hit my head to the floor if both trios goes through to top 4, it doesnt make sense if they keep it until the end. 'Come on gg is unfair!' kpopstar 'Alright we made it trio' lol
===
The irony Shannon as a kid saw kpop as one beautiful thing since she watch BoA and SNSD. When she did become one, kpop not as beautiful as see is. And yeah being soloist is hard especially when there is two top vocalist with similiar style like Shannon, both IU and Ailee. Honestly Im bit tired when every her performance being comparing to them is not like korean will 'give up' their pride to see someone can match both of them on term of technique vocal. The main reason why korea didnt let her taste success with every ridicilous reason.

#1123 yeahhhman

yeahhhman

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationIn Cringeaf land

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

is it from the last one?

#1124 cgeun

cgeun

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

They rearranged the girl groups, they went from duos to trios, now it's Sohee / Hyerim / Christa and Soomin / Ara / Minju.

This makes the top 6:
1: Shannon
2: Ji Soo
3: Boyfriend
4: Yoon Hui (?)
5: Sohee / Hyerim / Christa
6: Soomin / Ara / Minju

isn't a little unfair this, why they form groups ?

How they judge the girl groups? I mean, if one the girls don't have a good performance but the other of the same groups do great, the judges still pass the 3 girls or only the ones that do well??????

#1125 Lilah Lys

Lilah Lys

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

is it from the last one?

Yeah, she sang one of Suzy's songs.

#1126 csampang

csampang

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

This makes me think of the time Shannon guested on FM Date and cited Gee as the reason she got inspired to become a kpop singer:

http://sunnysfmdate....th-shannon.html

1419050484-87.png

Shannon as a kid saw kpop as one beautiful thing since she watch BoA and SNSD. 

#1127 boramrambo

boramrambo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationT-aradise

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

This makes me think of the time Shannon guested on FM Date and cited Gee as the reason she got inspired to become a kpop singer:

http://sunnysfmdate....th-shannon.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NwNomHAV1Ak/VJ...

both have identical voice lol

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

The irony Shannon as a kid saw kpop as one beautiful thing since she watch BoA and SNSD.

This makes me think of the time Shannon guested on FM Date and cited Gee as the reason she got inspired to become a kpop singer

I wonder if Shannon ever thought about auditioning for SM, considering her Kpop inspirations are all from there. Does anyone know the backstory of her journey into Kpop? I only know that she came to South Korea and appeared on Star King. Did MBK approach her after that or did she seek out to the company herself? Did she audition for any other companies?

#1129 boramrambo

boramrambo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationT-aradise

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

I wonder if Shannon ever thought about auditioning for SM, considering her Kpop inspirations are all from there. Does anyone know the backstory of her journey into Kpop? I only know that she came to South Korea and appeared on Star King. Did MBK approach her after that or did she seek out to the company herself? Did she audition for any other companies?

0f1283e558db6102d0c2d5f7b14b2258.jpg

96344744a12695ab877eccc9958f2d28.jpg

I believe SM or any big company is not as crazy as KKS give a contract to young girl who only appear on tv show. And they tend to choose rich trainees since being in big company need hella money to invest, so they need split the expense. I can understand why YG on kpopstar this year whine why this all talented trainees never touch their feet on his agency and end up on other agency. Its because the rich get richer the poor get poorer, rich trainees can afford an expensive training course who had affiliated with big company and get scouted every couple month. While the poor trainee? They end up practice alone on basement or get scout by lesser company who only able afford their transport expense and bottle of water for they daily practice. So please understand if Im being bit annoyed when someone blatantly saying "Lets move out from those shitty company, and move to big company!!" they just saw the end of the road without trying to overlook how company and trainees struggle from day 1 to just get slightly attention from public.

Unlike his evil history, KKS is known have eagle eyes for talent since most of his life working as scout only he is bad as manage their artist since he sometimes doing such a out of the box and controversial tactic. He form DIA and also T-ara back then from 'left over' trainee who is being wasted by other, and choose Chaeyeon who had lesser training time as their frontman, and its proven she get love by public despite everything.

#1130 AhMin

AhMin

Vocal MVP

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,623 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Ah thank you.

This was the comment that was giving me that translation: [font='돋움']근데 샤넌은 좀 사기아닌가.... 완전 프로가수가 나와서 뭐하자는거지... ([/font]But Shannon is a little fraud .... What a pro-singer to come up with ...).
It doesn't have many votes right now (+12/-6), but was one of the original comments since I started seeing them when most comments only had like 10 votes tops.

And yeah, the votes for being out were really close. Shannon had 19 votes and Eunjin had 17. A two vote difference between being in or out.

IMO, she deserves so much more, but I'm biased.

"But isn't Shannon kind of a conman? Obviously she's a very pro singer.. but she still came on a show like this, then what is the point?" Is kind of how I'd translate that.

#1131 Lilah Lys

Lilah Lys

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:22 PM (Edited by Lilah Lys, 19 March 2017 - 07:23 PM.)

"But isn't Shannon kind of a conman? Obviously she's a very pro singer.. but she still came on a show like this, then what is the point?" Is kind of how I'd translate that.

Yeah, that's somewhat what I got from the translation too...

The person that made that comment seems to forget that KPOP Star this season has a different concept, Last Chance. So it's open to everyone looking for that chance, not just unknowns.

At least (s)he realizes that she is good with the "very pro", very!

#1132 boramrambo

boramrambo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationT-aradise

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:55 AM (Edited by boramrambo, 20 March 2017 - 04:11 AM.)

[SHANN BUZZ] KpopStar 6 Shannon, The Rating Magnet+Certified Hot Topic.. Did She have a Chances to Win?

201703200947771026_58cf27918a0c3_99_2017

On last episode Shannon fought Ma Eunjin for last ticket to Top 6. At that time the rating gone up to 19,2% (Based on Nielsen Korea), showing how viewers overwhelmed. Shannon who always being hot topic and being rating magnet, the only thing left for her is to be the Winner.

She always put on the edge, even got more harsh judgement from the judges, feel like PDnim know better she is the rating magnet.. there is 3 more stages again, whatever the result Im proud with her trying to start from bottom again despite everything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shannon, Williams, CCM, Core Contents Media, mbk

Up, Up and Away!