Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
VANTE

The Official Homework Help Thread!

tumblr_m3ef5gncK11qlhg6ho1_r2_500.gif

oprah.gif

nice threat, one of the more useful ones in a sea of useless crap

i can help i suppose since i'm a senior this year, i took AP Chem, APUSH and other stuff last year, i'm taking AP Calc & AP Environmental this year

PS: High school senior btw, not university senior, lol, just in case anyone's wondering

I'm gonna be a high school senior also. I've taken most of the standard high school classes for AP/TAG/GT/whatever you wanna call it. Math and history are my forte, but - excuse the lack of humility - I'm pretty good in most subjects, so feel free to ask for help!

Also fluent in Chinese and took that AP test.

Of course, if you guys just need someone to cry about the stress of student life, I'm hurrrr for that too :P

Me rn T_T

I can help people whenever during 2nd semester aka Feb-June. 

These are the subjects I can help with: Chemistry, Biology (Bozeman Science will probably be more helpful than me tbh), environmental science, all levels of math up to calculus, English, neuro, apush, micro/macroeconomics (not an expert), and maybe Spanish too (not a native speaker) lel.

Honestly though, Google is your best friend  :imstupid: 

If I need help with Spanish Lit. at like 2am, I'll come here I guess  :ohbi:

how to enhance this sloppy HIPP of mine?

Marco Polo:

Historical Context- Marco Polo had traveled through Asia for many years and was now writing about his new discoveries in a book. Some had criticized the book as some parts appearing as fiction but nevertheless, his book captured many readers and gave Europeans a descriptive image of the world outside of Europe. This helps me better understand the document because I know the events in the document would have been seen as very exotic and fascinating to the Europeans reading the book and that the events that happened were of many years ago.

Intended Audience- His intended audience were Europeans who had never gone outside of Europe and so did not know about the world outside of Europe.

POV- The author was Marco Polo who was a young male European at the time of his travels. When he came back many years after, he had new stories about a new culture to tell and enrich others with. His racial background impacted his writings and perspectives because he had never gone out the borders of Europe till the start of his travels and had no inclination to the manners, behaviors, and traditions his travels had led him to see.

Purpose- Marco Polo created his writings to reveal to Europeans what was outside of Europe to see and experience. He created new vivid images of Asia for the Europeans to imagine and think about what else was there to find.

Marco Polo:Historical Context- Marco Polo had traveled through Asia for many years and was now writing about his new discoveries in a book. Some had criticized the book as some parts appearing as fiction but nevertheless, his book captured many readers and gave Europeans a descriptive image of the world outside of Europe. This helps me better understand the document because I know the events in the document would have been seen as very exotic and fascinating to the Europeans reading the book and that the events that happened were of many years ago.

Intended Audience- His intended audience were Europeans who had never gone outside of Europe and so did not know about the world outside of Europe.

POV- The author was Marco Polo who was a young male European at the time of his travels. When he came back many years after, he had new stories about a new culture to tell and enrich others with. His racial background impacted his writings and perspectives because he had never gone out the borders of Europe till the start of his travels and had no inclination to the manners, behaviors, and traditions his travels had led him to see.

Purpose- Marco Polo created his writings to reveal to Europeans what was outside of Europe to see and experience. He created new vivid images of Asia for the Europeans to imagine and think about what else was there to find.

What's HIPP?

What's HIPP?

Historical context, intended audience, point of view, purpose of a document in AP U.S. basically summarizes it and what not

Can I recommend this search engine http://www.wolframalpha.com/ because although I have never used it myself, my old teacher recommended it for doing some maths questions. Dunno how helpful it will be though lol.

Omg yes! Wolfram alpha saved my life in calculus last year. I will add it to the OP!

Historical context, intended audience, point of view, purpose of a document in AP U.S. basically summarizes it and what not

ah I see. It looks good to me, but I was in the old curriculum D:

Marco Polo:

Historical Context- Marco Polo had traveled through Asia for many years and was now writing about his new discoveries in a book. Some had criticized the book as some parts appearing as fiction but nevertheless, his book captured many readers and gave Europeans a descriptive image of the world outside of Europe. This helps me better understand the document because I know the events in the document would have been seen as very exotic and fascinating to the Europeans reading the book and that the events that happened were of many years ago.

did the teacher tell you it's sloppy. My APUSH teacher never told us to write HIPP this long tho, like 3 lines at most. 

hmm, about Historical Context, imo, it's more like under what circumstances/conditions did he write the thing (when, where, how, ...) so basically the settings which your first part kind of refers too, but the bolded part doesn't really relate to Historical Context i think, i mean, no one really cares about how other thought of the work, only that "he wrote the book after his travels in Asia where he saw many exciting things", that's literally the gist. I don't think how others thought about it matters much here. Make sense? (lol i suck at explaining), also for me the latter part about how the work helped you doesn't relate much to Historical Context, it doens't really ask you how you think, just again the settings of the work/document (prefer to have question/prompt here) i also never addressed "me" or "I" in any of the HIPP, but that's just me, maybe your teacher wanted it that way??

for POV, maybe add what the author (Polo) actually thought, POV is Point of View so maybe add something that is actually his opinions, maybe how he thought of his travels, of Asia, of the world, etc (again, i don't have the prompt so dunno). For example, what are the "new stories" he had, maybe he saw something cool and wanted to tell people about it. Usually in a quote document the author tells you this so you can figure this out.

otherwise the rest seems pretty solid

Edited by SKEMatsuiRena

hey Rena how did u takes notes and study for each chapter in APUSH?

hey Rena how did u takes notes and study for each chapter in APUSH?

hey

sorry for late reply lol

well i mean i just take notes with a notebook, i do a lot of reading with textbooks too, write down main ideas when teachers are talking and on your work sheet or document sheet i always annotate main ideas, makes it much easier to remember for the test instead of having to go throught 29389992 things before the test or any quiz.

but yeah, i guess just the normal stuff you do for any class really

I need some help/ideas for my social science (economics) paper about China's decrease in economy.

Can y'all who know a bit about it list the reason(s) for why China's decrease in economy is a cause for concern and also why it isn't a cause for concern? I'm desperately in need for some ideas.

Thanks  :ohbi:

I need some help/ideas for my social science (economics) paper about China's decrease in economy.

Can y'all who know a bit about it list the reason(s) for why China's decrease in economy is a cause for concern and also why it isn't a cause for concern? I'm desperately in need for some ideas.

Thanks  :ohbi:

hey i will help you in a lil bit! 

hey i will help you in a lil bit! 

thanks  :rlytearpls:

but i'm a bit on a tight schedule so i just made a thread about it 

Edited by yooras

I need help  :cry:  Im in geometry, and we are starting with some basic algebra and all that good stuff, but I kinda forgot some steps and I have a quiz tomorrow. I went over my notes but i have no idea what i did so yeah..

both of them are fractions btw..so 3x over 5 equals 4 over 3 and we are solving for x.

3x/5 = 4/3

I need help  :cry:  Im in geometry, and we are starting with some basic algebra and all that good stuff, but I kinda forgot some steps and I have a quiz tomorrow. I went over my notes but i have no idea what i did so yeah..

both of them are fractions btw..so 3x over 5 equals 4 over 3 and we are solving for x.

3x/5 = 4/3

cross multiply the denominators,

3x*3 = 4* 5

simplify,

9x = 20

then divide both sides by 9

x = 20/9

hope that helps! If youre confused feel free to ask~

• Like 2

cross multiply the denominators,

3x*3 = 4* 5

simplify,

9x = 20

then divide both sides by 9

x = 20/9

hope that helps! If youre confused feel free to ask~

ahh that makes more sense..thank you!~

[spoiler]i love your sig btw [/spoiler]

i got the same answer too but did it differently

get rid of the 5 from 3x by multiplying it to 4/3

3x= 4/3 * 5 = 20/3

then divide the 3 from the 3x to get the x by itself

x= 20/9

thanks! but jimin in your sig tho  :ahmagah:

thanks! but jimin in your sig tho  :ahmagah:

haha  :chu:

i got the same answer too but did it differently

get rid of the 5 from 3x by multiplying it to 4/3

3x= 4/3 * 5 = 20/3

then divide the 3 from the 3x to get the x by itself

x= 20/9

Thank you guys so much!~  :rlytearpls:

I can help with biology or any health science related stuff and some math depending on what it is~

• Like 2

haha  :chu:

Thank you guys so much!~  :rlytearpls:

I can help with biology or any health science related stuff and some math depending on what it is~

glad i could help when im usually the one asking for help  :rlytearpls:

I feel like I'm often gonna come here with my maths homework...

Sent from my 5050X using Tapatalk

One more question..how would you solve this? 

yccedgm.jpg

Since you have to solve for c, you can start by rearranging the equation to make 'c' alone on one side (the subject of the formula)

so divide both sides by mT (to leave c alone on the left side)

q/mT = c

then you can substitute the values for the variables

-302/(5.37 * -35) = c

then solve it with your calculator

Since you have to solve for c, you can start by rearranging the equation to make 'c' alone on one side (the subject of the formula)

so divide both sides by mT (to leave c alone on the left side)

q/mT = c

then you can substitute the values for the variables

-302/(5.37 * -35) = c

then solve it with your calculator

Ohhh..i kept subtracting C from both sides..no wonder. 

Thank you so much again~ 

Ohhh..i kept subtracting C from both sides..no wonder. 

Thank you so much again~ 

haha no problem~

what do you have as the answer btw?