Photo

SHINee Rude Bodyguard in Taiwan Airport

SHINee

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#41 panda

panda

Idol

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:45 AM (Edited by panda, 03 September 2013 - 05:45 AM.)

Hm possible...ow that you mention it once I almost managed to hack of my fingertip, like it was really close and really cut wide open and I....laughed. lol

So shock could actually be true. Then again, if I was there in that situation, I wouldn't have been thinking "oh she's probably shocked" immediately. When I almost hacked my finger off and I laughed my best friend was with me, but she didn't see the wound cause I had my back turned to her and she just laughed along even though I initially said "ouch". So yeah, I don't know, the whole situation is crap.

Shouldn't have happened. The fan shouldn't have dashed at Key like that, the bodyguard should've just been more gentle.

Then again I kind of think the reaction of the bodyguard might have been a reflex...they're trained to keep away everything that tries to get close to whomever they're supposed to protect, and if someone dashes at that person just like that, at that speed, I don't know...if I was a bodyguard my "omg attacker she might have a knife" senses would've been activated. Still don't think it was the right reaction....but it might've been just because he was trained that way.

I still don't see why alöl the news in Taiwan place the focus on "how cold-hearted and evil" SHINee is for not turning around when the REAL issue here was caused by the misbheaviour of a fan and the inappropriate reaction of the bodyguard. Especially when the CCTV footage doesn't even show their faces, smh.  -_-

I'm not completely sure they even saw how far she was pushed.

#42 minjoy

minjoy

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:53 AM (Edited by fujiwara_mayu, 03 September 2013 - 06:19 AM.)

Why did anyone blame to whole SHINee when the bodyguard is the one who made this? The bodyguard might be protecting them but I'm aware that what he did is extremely unlawful. The fangirls should also know their limitation by controlling themselves. Let's just not include innocents here because it affects their image even if not their mistake.

#43 Janny

Janny

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

I'm not completely sure they even saw how far she was pushed.

Exactly. .___. The chances that Jonghyun was listening to music too is high, cause he often does that at the airport. You should see the comments on the video, Taiwanese people are really making this a fight between countries or something.

"So you go and give autograsphs to European and American people but this is what you do to Taiwanese Fans? Are you looking down on Taiwan?"

1) It was a Taiwanese bodyguard. TAIWANESE.

2) It was a Japanese fan.

lol really things are blown out of proportion in Taiwan right now. .____. lol if this continues I'm pretty sure that Taiwanese Game company is gonna cancel that CF contract for the sake of their company's reputation...and it's not even SHINee's fault.

#44 TellMeWhy

TellMeWhy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Exactly. .___. The chances that Jonghyun was listening to music too is high, cause he often does that at the airport. You should see the comments on the video, Taiwanese people are really making this a fight between countries or something.

"So you go and give autograsphs to European and American people but this is what you do to Taiwanese Fans? Are you looking down on Taiwan?"

lol really things are blown out of proportion in Taiwan right now. .____. lol if this continues I'm pretty sure that Taiwanese Game company is gonna cancel that CF contract for the sake of their company's reputation...and it's not even SHINee's fault.

How is it out of proportion when something is this is clearly unacceptable? If you think otherwise, you are delusional.

#45 minjoy

minjoy

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

The fact that it was on the local news making it a hot topic among their netizens. Knowing that Korean Idols are extremely popular in Taiwan, I guess this will affect SHINee sadly. I think the reason why SHINee act unresponsive is the order by their company. As we all know, fans can be violent at times so to prevent much worst scenarios better for them to stay rigid than complying with these obsessions.

#46 sofi

sofi

Sh☆wol

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

How is it out of proportion when something is this is clearly unacceptable? If you think otherwise, you are delusional.

It's not out of proportion, it's misreported. Cheap sensationalism to make headlines

#47 TellMeWhy

TellMeWhy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

It's not out of proportion, it's misreported. Cheap sensationalism to make headlines

It was not misreported actually, most people just didn't bother to actually watch the full thing. Either way, that is obvious grievous assault, the bodyguard should be charged with something, even if the fangirl is not pressing charges. And even so, if it was me, I would have sued the hell out of SM. No matter what the end result is, it would be a warning to SM not to pull something like that again.

#48 sofi

sofi

Sh☆wol

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:44 AM (Edited by sofi, 03 September 2013 - 07:19 AM.)

It was not misreported actually, most people just didn't bother to actually watch the full thing. Either way, that is obvious grievous assault, the bodyguard should be charged with something, even if the fangirl is not pressing charges. And even so, if it was me, I would have sued the hell out of SM. No matter what the end result is, it would be a warning to SM not to pull something like that again.

It is misreported beacuse there are tons of articles who don't even state that the fan was japanese. Also it's not even comfirmed if the bodyguard was one of SHINee's ones or a security guard from the airport.

What happened to the fan is tragic, but i doubt SM will do something about it, since some time ago, their violent manager was actually promoted instead of being fired.

#49 minjoy

minjoy

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:57 AM (Edited by fujiwara_mayu, 03 September 2013 - 07:00 AM.)

It is misreported beacuse there are tons of articles who don't even state that the fan was japanese. Also it's not even comfirmed if the bodyguard was one of SHINee's ones or a security guard from the airport.

What happened to the fan is tragic, but i doubt SM will do something about it, since previously, their violent manager was actually promoted instead of being fired.

If this thing is just coincidental from their staffs history of maltreating fans, still SM must do public apology. The raging fans are quiet scary on that video and their fingers are straightly pointing at SHINee. We know SHINee loves their fans and I think It's hard for them witnessing these things, but they have to follow orders too which some didn't understand.

#50 Janny

Janny

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:58 AM (Edited by Janny, 03 September 2013 - 07:00 AM.)

it is definitely unacceptable.

But it's still out of proportion cause people in the comments of this video seem to make this into some "they are racist and look down on Taiwanese people"-thing. That's the part that is out of proportion, cause this is certainly not a case of Taiwan vs Korea (especially cause the fan wasn't even Taiwanese). Making this into a nationalist issue is ridiculous. It's just violent bodyguard vs. fan that happened to freak out. Could have happened anywhere, it's just that it happened to be in Taiwan.

That's what i was talking about. xD

#51 Leo's Candy Jelly Ho

Leo's Candy Jelly Ho

Inpiniteu's & Nineu Muses' Goddess of Life

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

The bodyguard was just doing his job :/. He shouldn't have thrown her like that but she shouldn't have been running to them like that. For all he knew, she could have been trying to harm them or something. It's his job as a bodyguard to stop it right? So I hope they don't get hate for this. Fan girls should learn to calm their ovaries.

#52 wisteria

wisteria

끝까지 샤이니

• PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:08 AM (Edited by wisteria, 03 September 2013 - 08:14 AM.)

First, this is not the whole of SHINee, but only Key and Jonghyun.

Second, imo all of them were at fault.

The Japanese fan, for getting too close. She was almost upon him. Imagine if it was one of SNSD, and a fanboy got too close like that. Reading that fanaccount made me shiver. There's another fanaccount from a different person saying the same thing -- that she went too close two times.

The Taiwanese bodyguard, for going overboard.  And lastly JongKey, for looking like they didn't care. But then the camera is blurred, and we wouldn't really know what happened in full context. The media, for being biased.

It's just a very unfortunate situation, but it's clear to me that the judgment being put on SHINee is unwarranted, when they were victimized too.

#53 mochichan

mochichan

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

I feel like soon fans will come out and say that fangirl was a saesang so that's why the security hit her :lol:

#54 Taemin

Taemin

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Man, I'm not sure how to feel about this.

On one side, I think what the bodyguard did was wrong and too harsh. I mean, it looked pretty painful and all.

But on the other side, I also kinda get that he's probably just doing his job. And if this girl really just ran up to Key like that fanaccount said, then I can kinda understand even more. I mean, she could've very well had a knife or something like that.

But still, I can't help but to feel kinda sorry for the girl..

I guess both of them were in the wrong somehow.

I don't really think SHINee should be blamed though.

#55 Athena

Athena

legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:37 AM (Edited by 14_karat, 03 September 2013 - 09:38 AM.)

That's what happened to EXO. Their manager hit some girl who was trying to get a picture and her glasses flew off. Tao witnessed the whole thing, and it looked like he felt bad but he couldnt do anything about it:

It was pretty funny tbh.

#56 Janny

Janny

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

That's what happened to EXO. Their manager hit some girl who was trying to get a picture and her glasses flew off. Tao witnessed the whole thing, and it looked like he felt bad but he couldnt do anything about it:

It was pretty funny tbh.

I'm pretty sure that they're told not do do anything cause if they did, then that would encourage fans to do the same thing to gain their attention. Not to mention it would cause a ruckus at the airport (if EXO would suddenly stop walking? Can you imagine the chaos?)

Nevertheless, SHINee HAS gone against that and helped fans:

tumblr_mjcaey6tHR1qihji8o2_250.gif tumblr_mjcaey6tHR1qihji8o1_250.gif

But bad news is good news apparently, so the media never bother to report the good ones :lol:  (kudos to the show this footage belongs to that actually went against what's usualy and DID report something positive).

Situations like these are sad and would not arise if fans knew how to behave and managers/bodyguards knew how to handle situations without hurting people.

#57 ñyan

ñyan

Queen Claudia

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

What do you expect of the guys? I mean, do you want them running to the fan and ask her "are u okay?" Of course not, they can't do anything, anything! Even if they want to, they can't. I feel bad for them, because people are bashing on them and it is not their fault. And what about fan? Some of them are really direspecful and if the order is "not to get close" then don't get fucking close! I'm not saying what the guard did is good, because you can't be hitting people like that, but the fans must know their places as well. 

#58 sofi

sofi

Sh☆wol

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:40 PM (Edited by sofi, 03 September 2013 - 12:42 PM.)

I feel like soon fans will come out and say that fangirl was a saesang so that's why the security hit her :lol:

Uhm.....the "fangirl" was a japanese girl who spent lots of money to follow them in another country's airport, only to give Key a present, and after he received it, it wasn't enough and she dashed towards him again?

this doesn't really seem normal fan behaviour to me honestly :derp:

#59 mochichan

mochichan

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Uhm.....the "fangirl" was a japanese girl who spent lots of money to follow them in another country's airport, only to give Key a present, and after he received it, it wasn't enough and she dashed towards him again?

this doesn't really seem normal fan behaviour to me honestly :derp:

I didn't mean anything tho  :._.:

In cases like this, fans usually end up saying it's a saesang and that's why security hit her  :._.:

And if what you said is true then she is a saesang so I was right~  :lol:

#60 Aion Divinity

Aion Divinity

Hαllelu Gloriα

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'm sure if any member of SHINee tried to help the bodyguard would probably go rogue and turn on them, thus physically hurting them too.

Poor boys and poor girl, such a scary world.

ibfqgw6MPB3DBa.gif

Up, Up and Away!