Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Top 10 VOH!cals - Discussion and Recommendation Thread

Rinne Oh! Press onehallyu blog ranking vocal quarter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#41 oppaarrr

oppaarrr

SM trash

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

I would like to recommend Kyuhyun

#42 Gaemers0302

Gaemers0302

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

I recommend Kyuhyun

#43 Incincinc

Incincinc

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:46 AM

YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY UJI HASN"T BEEN ACTIVE OR SHE"D DESTROY THIS COMP .

#44 AhMin

AhMin

Vocal MVP

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY UJI HASN"T BEEN ACTIVE OR SHE"D DESTROY THIS COMP .

._.

#45 Incincinc

Incincinc

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:33 AM (Edited by Incincinc, 24 August 2015 - 07:33 AM.)

._.

:D ( i was kidding) lolololol

#46 abra

abra

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,110 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

I would like to suggest Kim Tae Woo's new single Resemblance which was released in July 2015.

Here he is performing it live whilst showing off his singing ability.

Watching this performance you can really tell how skillful he is as a singer, in particularly his ability to hit sustained notes. 1:16 is a good example but he does it through large portions of the song.

#47 Khith

Khith

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:05 AM (Edited by Khith, 03 September 2015 - 06:35 AM.)

I would like to recommend Ryeowook.
Spoiler

#48 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Supreme Leader
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

TIME IS ALMOST UP!

Submission ends at the 30th, 11:59 PM

GRZDhom.gif

#49 Lana And The Diamonds

Lana And The Diamonds

Born to die

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:53 AM

Sunny Days' Sunkyung for sure.

#50 AhMin

AhMin

Vocal MVP

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

Sunny Days' Sunkyung for sure.

Actually yes, she is definitely to be considered but it's just they'd have to be current performances sadly. 

#51 Baby Don't Cry

Baby Don't Cry

♡ ♡ ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:33 AM (Edited by yurah, 22 September 2015 - 06:00 PM.)

I would like to suggest Exo's Chen~

Spoiler

#52 baraa say A

baraa say A

Trainee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

.ailee, Jessica, hayoung (a pink ) , jimin (15&) , .....

#53 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Supreme Leader
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

Entries for the 3rd quarter are now closed. Please wait for the result to be announced in our very own blog

Thank you

#54 TaeYeEun

TaeYeEun

Trainee

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:06 AM

YeEun of Wonder Girls :D she can do anything with her voice :D

#55 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Supreme Leader
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

we are entering the 4th quarter of 2015

any performances deemed qualify by you guys can be posted in here

result for the 3rd quarter will be posted soon

stay tuned!

#56 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Supreme Leader
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:22 AM (Edited by Rinne, 01 November 2015 - 07:23 AM.)

After a long wait, our very own VOH!cals team has compiled a list consists of best 10 singers in the 3rd quarter of this year. There are lots of top singers but these 10 captivated us the most. Eargasm in 3, 2, 1.. here we go!

#10 Kim Yeon Woo

Haruko: Kim Yeon Woo, referred to as “CBR Cleopatra” is a beautiful vocalist. Singing in a clean, healthy manner with odd touches of throatiness for character.

VT Evil Queen: A vocalist that definitely knows how to tastefully sacrifice technique for a more stylistic approach and add character to the song. Throughout the performance he definitely leaned on more of the cleaner vocal approach side only adding touches of imperfection and small places. Great technique on the upper mixed notes.

Ahmin: Kim Yeon Woo is a perfect example of a true Korean vocal legend who’s not just a big influential ballad singer with years of experience and fame, but also a vocalist with true control of his instrument. He has such precise control of his voice, it is clean, it’s powerful, it’s strong and it definitely is done with ease. Yeonwoo’s highlights lie on how his tone, that to most is a likable tone, is highlighted by his technique, allowing him to fully use his voice as he wishes with beauty and grace. The captivation was such that he was able to bring another one of our Top 10′s vocalists, Sandeul, to tears.

Rinne: Let’s be real here. Do you know him the moment you read his name in this list? Most probably not. Me too, so don’t worry. But after watching his performance, I started to worry and getting anxious by seconds. I wasted parts of my life for not knowing this dude even existed. His performance, voice, and stage presence are equal to his legendary status.

Click to continue reading...

#57 TiramiQ the 2nd

TiramiQ the 2nd

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

After a long wait, our very own VOH!cals team has compiled a list consists of best 10 singers in the 3rd quarter of this year. There are lots of top singers but these 10 captivated us the most. Eargasm in 3, 2, 1.. here we go!

#10 Kim Yeon Woo

Haruko: Kim Yeon Woo, referred to as “CBR Cleopatra” is a beautiful vocalist. Singing in a clean, healthy manner with odd touches of throatiness for character.

VT Evil Queen: A vocalist that definitely knows how to tastefully sacrifice technique for a more stylistic approach and add character to the song. Throughout the performance he definitely leaned on more of the cleaner vocal approach side only adding touches of imperfection and small places. Great technique on the upper mixed notes.

Ahmin: Kim Yeon Woo is a perfect example of a true Korean vocal legend who’s not just a big influential ballad singer with years of experience and fame, but also a vocalist with true control of his instrument. He has such precise control of his voice, it is clean, it’s powerful, it’s strong and it definitely is done with ease. Yeonwoo’s highlights lie on how his tone, that to most is a likable tone, is highlighted by his technique, allowing him to fully use his voice as he wishes with beauty and grace. The captivation was such that he was able to bring another one of our Top 10′s vocalists, Sandeul, to tears.

Rinne: Let’s be real here. Do you know him the moment you read his name in this list? Most probably not. Me too, so don’t worry. But after watching his performance, I started to worry and getting anxious by seconds. I wasted parts of my life for not knowing this dude even existed. His performance, voice, and stage presence are equal to his legendary status.

Click to continue reading...

KRY are 3 different people not an item. i think puting them together puts at least one member at disadvantage and it just..weird? considering you wern't even evaluating them as a unit but as individuals but then you went and ranked them together as a unit.

that being said, i don't really see why your feelings about Super Junior is relevant here? every other evaluation kept to the topic and was either down right professional or had personal subjective opinions about the singing/voice but then you felt the need to remind us more than once that, no, you don't like Super Junior, like you were afraid people would think you like them or something just for posting something positive about KRY? i am sorry but that was laughable and killed the whole effort you were putting into this.

#58 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Supreme Leader
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

KRY are 3 different people not an item. i think puting them together puts at least one member at disadvantage and it just..weird? considering you wern't even evaluating them as a unit but as individuals but then you went and ranked them together as a unit.

that being said, i don't really see why your feelings about Super Junior is relevant here? every other evaluation kept to the topic and was either down right professional or had personal subjective opinions about the singing/voice but then you felt the need to remind us more than once that, no, you don't like Super Junior, like you were afraid people would think you like them or something just for posting something positive about KRY? i am sorry but that was laughable and killed the whole effort you were putting into this.

I appreciate your feedback and will keep it in mind for future articles :)

#59 TiramiQ the 2nd

TiramiQ the 2nd

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

I appreciate your feedback and will keep it in mind for future articles :)

i'll look forward to it

#60 AhMin

AhMin

Vocal MVP

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

We chose KRY as a unit because we thought that all 3 of them were deserving of being in the top 10 but we wanted to have more people be included in it as well, so we put them as a unit as to have more space for other people to be in the top 10. 

Up, Up and Away!