59 replies to this topic

#1 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • LocationOnehallyu Chronicles

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:53 PM (Edited by 平井 健太, 24 October 2016 - 07:40 AM.)

The first ever official/unofficial thread dedicated to Kamen Rider Gaim and Kamen Rider Drive, and also, this will serve as the thread for the upcoming series, Kamen Rider Ghost.

In this thread, anything related to both of the series (excluding Ghost since it hadn't aired yet) are allowed, be it episode clips, behind-the-scenes, live stage shows, music videos, to intentionally-created memes.

Anything beyond the range of Kamen Riders are strictly forbids (unless KR memes that are related to K-Pop or J-Pop).

So, start our...mission. Shall we?

SlideAlphaGaim-500x261.jpg
KAMEN RIDER GAIM (仮面ライダー鎧武)
First episode aired: 6 October 2013
Last episode aired: 28 September 2014

Main cast:
Gaku Sano (佐野 岳) as Kouta Kazuraba/Man Of The Beginning (葛葉 紘汰)

Yutaka Kobayashi (小林 豊) as Kaito Kumon (駆紋 戒斗)

Mahiro Takasugi (高杉 真宙) as Mitsuzane Kureshima (呉島 光実)

Yuumi Shida (志田 友美) as Mai Takatsukasa (高司 舞)

Yuki Kubota (久保田 悠来) as Takatora Kureshima (呉島 貴虎)

Tsunenori Aoki (青木 玄徳) as Ryoma Sengoku

Plot/Synposis:

In Zawame City , a large company known as the Yggdrasill Corporationarrow-10x10.png transformed the once bustling suburban city into a jōkamachi. To escape the resulting feeling of oppression, many of the youth in Zawame formedarrow-10x10.png dance crews called Beat Riders to bring joy back into peoples' lives. Also rising in popularity is the Inves Game, a simulator that uses strange devices known as Lockseeds to summon monsters known as Inves. Kouta Kazuraba, a member of the dance group Team Gaim, tries to find his place in the world while torn between his loyalty to his teammates and his sister Akira's insistence that he starts acting like an adult and find a proper jobarrow-10x10.png.

Review:

This is a good, or rather, one of the best Kamen Rider storyline i've ever watched (not that others are bad), but this series put a meaning about friendships and having the ultimate power.

And i think all the actors are really good, and this is the only the show i never skipped an episode, and i am now currently waiting for the second installment of Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden: Duke & Knuckle, which will aired around November.

over-time-kamen-rider-drive-01-26657870-

KAMEN RIDER DRIVE (仮面ライダードライブ)
First episode aired: 5 October 2014
Last episode aired: 20 September 2015

Main Cast:
Ryoma Takeuchi (竹内 涼真) as Shinnosuke Tomari (泊 進ノ介)

Rio Uchida (内田 理央) as Kiriko Shijima (詩島 霧子)

Yuu Inaba (稲葉 友) as Gou Shijima (詩島 剛)

Taiko Katono (上遠野 太洸) as Chase (チェイス)

Chris Peppler as Krim Steinbelt/Mr Belt

Masakazu Morita (森田 成一) as Tenjuro Banno (蛮野 天十郎)

Tomoya Warabino (蕨野 友也) as Heart Roidmude (ハート)

Shota Matsushima (松島 庄汰) as Brain Roidmude (ブレン)

Fumika Baba (馬場 ふみか) as Medic Roidmude (メディック)

Plot/Synposis:

Shinnosuke Tomari is a former elite police officer in the Metropolitan Police, who, after an event that traumatized one of his colleagues, has been "demoted" into the Special Investigations Division. This division looks into the stranger happenings in the city, particularly the recent "Heavy Acceleration" events. These events, termed "Heaviness" by the public, leave people unable to move. When he is chosen by the Drive Driver and Tridoron, Shinnosuke transforms into Kamen Rider Drive and is tasked with battling the Roidmudes who plan to rise against humanity and take over the world.

Review:

I think this will be another series that can be looked forward to, as the story are intensified, and this will be soon linked up to the upcoming movie, Kamen Rider Drive: Surprise Future, and also, the future Kamen Rider Ghost.

As for how i feel about the actors, i think Fumika Baba and Chase are the only ones captivated me, because one have an evil agenda while the other has a deep, secret past.

#2 PeperoAddict89

PeperoAddict89

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

I have'nt watch the movie yet, i will at some point.

I watched Gaim Gaiden, but it was meh to me. :( I always wondered what happened to that scene that takatora's actor said was going to exist, I wonder if it was cut out of the special.

#3 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

I have'nt watch the movie yet, i will at some point.

I watched Gaim Gaiden, but it was meh to me. :( I always wondered what happened to that scene that takatora's actor said was going to exist, I wonder if it was cut out of the special.

You mean the bed scene right? It was cut, due to the censorship and also, to consider this show was targeted for kids.

#4 PeperoAddict89

PeperoAddict89

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:10 PM (Edited by PockyAddict89, 02 August 2015 - 12:11 PM.)

You mean the bed scene right? It was cut, due to the censorship and also, to consider this show was targeted for kids.

yep the bed scene, although i do think it was a wise choice, because in story it would have not made sense.

#5 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

yep the bed scene, although i do think it was a wise choice, because in story it would have not made sense.

I wish they should included that in a Director's Cut edition...but too bad, they didn't...

Now, i want to see how will TOEI make the mysterious new Armored Rider, Kamen Rider Dictator, which a repainted Armored Rider Mars's armor...

Looks like they are running out of resources, just like how they debut Mass Production Mach soldiers for Drive...

#6 PeperoAddict89

PeperoAddict89

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

I wish they should included that in a Director's Cut edition...but too bad, they didn't...

Now, i want to see how will TOEI make the mysterious new Armored Rider, Kamen Rider Dictator, which a repainted Armored Rider Mars's armor...

Looks like they are running out of resources, just like how they debut Mass Production Mach soldiers for Drive...

I agree with you on that, I would love a directors cut for that reason only. I would not be surprised if the Bed Scene was supposed come after the scene of Takatora and Toka (i think that's the maid's name) alone in her house.

And yeah, the suit reusing, the period of a Toku where they have less a budget than the first episode.  Gaim has so much of that, the one i will never forget is God!Kouta's suit that had the repainted Kurokage armor.

#7 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

I agree with you on that, I would love a directors cut for that reason only. I would not be surprised if the Bed Scene was supposed come after the scene of Takatora and Toka (i think that's the maid's name) alone in her house.

And yeah, the suit reusing, the period of a Toku where they have less a budget than the first episode.  Gaim has so much of that, the one i will never forget is God!Kouta's suit that had the repainted Kurokage armor.

Don't worry...we will have more reprinted suits...or should i say...remodded suits?

Kamen Rider Gold Drive is an example, and so does Kamen Rider Dark Drive.

And also, those Fusion Evolved Roidmudes (Sword Roidmude, Seeker Roidmude, Thief Roidmude and etc...)

#8 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

And while TOEI are having tighter budgets for the props, we, the supporters are also having tighter budgets, thanks to Prenium Bandai, whom kept on releasing exclusive collectibles from movies, or Hyper Battle Videos...

Haiz...

#9 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

RIP Brain Roidmude.

And next, RIP Chase. I think September will be a gloomy month for me. Ladies' Code...

And i can actually foresee the ending - Banno gettin' his ass kicked by his own son, plus Drive, plus Medic and Heart.

#10 sc_1993

sc_1993

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

i dont want chase to die.

rip brain roidmude 003

#11 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

tumblr_nu9d48sUbQ1uci2zwo5_500.gif

tumblr_nu9d48sUbQ1uci2zwo6_500.gif

RIP Chase.

You are a good Rider/Roidmude. You will never be forgotten.

tumblr_static_dtlrxy66114w4s48ggcogowgc.

And...what am i seeing?

tumblr_nu8azqKYkE1r7yl16o1_500.jpg

#12 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

More to make your eyes wet, OH users who like Kamen Rider Drive.

tumblr_nu9af2Qsjo1uci2zwo1_500.gif

tumblr_nu9af2Qsjo1uci2zwo2_500.gif

"These...are the treasures that humans have given me. Although we are not buddies, but...i would like you to hold them, Go. It will be a waste to see them engulfed in flames."

- Chase's last words before his heroic sacrifice.

#13 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

tumblr_nu99e5IgES1uci2zwo2_500.gif

tumblr_nu98nsYgyO1uci2zwo2_500.gif

tumblr_nu98nsYgyO1uci2zwo3_500.gif

tumblr_nu98nsYgyO1uci2zwo4_500.gif

Why did these scene giving me a gay feels lol?

Chase x Go. No wonder in the next episode, Go will become Mach Signal Chaser.

And i hope Banno can die terribly. Or else... /insert Sojung's solemn face here (get my drift.)

#14 iKickDragons

iKickDragons

Trainee

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:02 PM

I don't know what exactly turned me away Drive so much, but it was hard for me to watch and then I just ended up giving up on it entirely. I'll probably watch Ghost though, but GAIM!!!! Such amazing story. I wish it didn't end the way it did, but I'm just jaded with happy endings. 

Is Drive worth watching after coming off of Gaim though? 

#15 sc_1993

sc_1993

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

I don't know what exactly turned me away Drive so much, but it was hard for me to watch and then I just ended up giving up on it entirely. I'll probably watch Ghost though, but GAIM!!!! Such amazing story. I wish it didn't end the way it did, but I'm just jaded with happy endings. 

to me drive is pretty good. as it got good toward the end. boo next week is the last episode of drive well the main storyline of drive. then is the drive and ghost crossover episode then ghost start

#16 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

Yes. It is worthy. Actually, initially, i gave up on Drive and the way BANDAI releases the toyline were like rushing them out in one go, but as the story goes on, and when Chase return as a Rider, i begin to pick back up and catch up the episodes i missed.

So far, i like the plot alot.

to me drive is pretty good. as it got good toward the end. boo next week is the last episode of drive well the main storyline of drive. then is the drive and ghost crossover episode then ghost start

Ghost, to me, seems flashy. Hopefully it will have a good start like Drive/Gaim, or else, i don't think i will go watch it.

Actually, Drive and Gaim seems bored in the beginning and their merchandises were released in rush, but towards the middle/climax of the show, the story seems better.

And till now, i still feel sad for Chase...too bad he can no longer be revived since his Core was being destroyed...and Medic...i hate September. RIP EunB, Risae, Chase and Medic (and Brain.)

SIDENOTE: Chase still have the Protodrive Shift Car, maybe...???

#17 sc_1993

sc_1993

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

Yes. It is worthy. Actually, initially, i gave up on Drive and the way BANDAI releases the toyline were like rushing them out in one go, but as the story goes on, and when Chase return as a Rider, i begin to pick back up and catch up the episodes i missed.

So far, i like the plot alot.

Ghost, to me, seems flashy. Hopefully it will have a good start like Drive/Gaim, or else, i don't think i will go watch it.

Actually, Drive and Gaim seems bored in the beginning and their merchandises were released in rush, but towards the middle/climax of the show, the story seems better.

And till now, i still feel sad for Chase...too bad he can no longer be revived since his Core was being destroyed...and Medic...i hate September. RIP EunB, Risae, Chase and Medic (and Brain.)

SIDENOTE: Chase still have the Protodrive Shift Car, maybe...???

banno's death seem funny. what if chase is like philip from kamen rider w(double) and chase come back alive. i wonder does heart die or lives. brain and medic death are sad T___T

#18 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

Kamen Rider Drive has finally come to an end. But, Heart-sama...still died in the end...

"All 108 Roidmudes. All eliminated."

And Krim Steinbelt have locked itself underground, whereas other members of the Tokujo-ha, have moved on; like Jun Honganji becomes the Chief of Police, Genpachiro becomes i don't know the rank; Rinna becomes a scientist and won Nobel Prize, and finally, Kyu Saijo become a novelist.

Good ending. And i am glad Go Shijima kept Chase's driver license and his Signal Chaser bike.

And Shinnosuke and Kiriko...needless for me to say right?

On a sidenote: we have finally find out Chase's human identity, meaning the one he copied the data.

#19 sc_1993

sc_1993

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

go and chase are forever best bud lol

boo that heart die. i wonder how is the crossover episode would be like. 

ghost appearance in ep 47 was cool in a way

#20 Para-DX

Para-DX

OneHallyu's Game Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:58 PM (Edited by KR Chaser, 20 September 2015 - 08:59 PM.)

Episode 48 = Episode 43. TOEI just ran out of ideas for the crossover episodes.

Episode 48 is like how W meets OOO, OOO meets Fourze and how Fourze meets Wizard.

Can't reveal much spoilers though.

Up, Up and Away!