Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Linoa62

Official Elva Hsiao (蕭亞軒) thread

Elva's new album is already available ;)

They released it a few hours earlier because, mistake or not on their part, it was already available on iTunes New-Zealand.

http://y.qq.com/#type=album&mid=003Y2pmF4KEn6B

Great, can't wait to give this a listen. I'm Ready was such a amazing album for me though, it'll be hard to top.

I like it, but I think I'll need a few more listens to have a final opinion on it.

Right now I think it's nice but less good than MISS ELVA though. That one is the hard one to top for me lol

Tracklist with official English titles:

1. ä¸è§£é‡‹è¦ªå» SHUT UP and KISS ME
2. 浪漫來襲 Romance Strikes
3. 敢傷 Dare To Love
4. 劫後餘生 Surviving
5. å°èª°éƒ½å¥½ Play The Field
6. 留愛查看 Love Detention
7. æ“抱自己 Embrace yourself
8. å¤©é›·åœ°ç« Thunder of Love
9. æ„›é¢å‰èª°éƒ½17æ­² Love Like A Teen
10. 窒愛 Suffocating love
11. 記得è¦å¾®ç¬‘ Remember to smile

Tracks 6 and 2 will get an MV.

Elva Hsiao Reveals Reason for Split From Kai Ko

7E1E8D15B122D8CCDF8EBDF0339F1.jpg

Close to nine months after her split from Taiwanese actor Kai Ko, songbird Elva Hsiao finally revealed the actual reason behind that decision. She said Kai had hoped for her to let go of her idol-status and be free of all burdens when spending time with him.

However, Elva insisted she has her own way of thinking and refused to be someone under his control. Also, the 35-year-old emphasized her age gap between herself and 23-year-old Kai, and the way they handled matters were greatly influenced by friends of the same age, causing them to drift apart.

Her family and friends were also worried over the May-December romance, indirectly putting pressure on her. But she has never regretted being in a two-year relationship with Kai and firmly believes in having the courage to love if the feeling is right.

Currently dating rumoured beau Elroy Cheo, Elvas relationship status has been in the limelight and she admitted to feeling stressed over the public gaze. Kai and Elva were previously said to be better off as strangers after the split but she has been encouraging him on social media after his drug abuse case.

Source

Romance Strikes MV

Elva is in annoying & creepy mode in this MV lol

I didn't know she had a thread here

I just heard one of her songs on sunday :)

I'll have to look more up when I get more internet :meow:

Sony must be really bad: after Show Luo who left for EMI after one album, it seems that Elva is going to leave too, after one album as well lol

According to the latest rumors, she's going to leave for Sun Entertainment. Her agent confirmed this possibility but also said that they haven't made any final decision yet and that they were in contact with a lot of companies.

I created a new topic since the previous one is now closed...

Elva Hsiao (蕭亞軒) is a Taiwanese singer. She was educated at John Casablanca's College in Vancouver and got spotted there in a singing competition.
Her first self-titled album released in 1999 sold 500,000 copies in Taiwan only!
In August 2013 she left her label Gold Typhoon for Sony Taiwan.

b1cf3b10.jpg

Studio albums

Elva Hsiao Self-Titled Album (蕭亞軒åŒå專輯) (1999)

Red Rose (紅薔薇 ) (2000)

Tomorrow (明天) (2001)

4 U (4U) (2002)

Love's Theme Song, Kiss (愛的主打歌.å») (2002)

In Love With Love (愛上愛) (2003)

Fifth Avenue (第五大é“) (2003)

1087 (1087) (2006)

3-Faced Elva (3é¢å¤å¨ƒ) (2008)

Diamond Candy (鑽石糖) (2009)

Miss Elva (è•­ç‘å°å§) (2010)

I'm Ready (我愛我) (2011)

Shut Up & Kiss Me (ä¸è§£é‡Šäº²å») (2014)

Some videos

Edited by Linoa62
  • Like 1

Elva's new album will be released in 2016!

Her performance at Taipei's New Year's Eve Concert, starting from 4:25:54:

Shut Up & Kiss Me
I'm Ready
Dare To Love
Romance Strikes
Miss Genuine
And I Know
Let Love Fly
  • Like 1

The last one was so forgettable. I hope this new one at least has some good songs that will make me go back to it. Is there a release window at all?

The last one was so forgettable. I hope this new one at least has some good songs that will make me go back to it. Is there a release window at all?

She posted this a month ago...

https://www.instagram.com/p/_EJ92mGqKD

So I think it won't be released before the second half of this year. But who knows?

Edited by Linoa62

Wow, I'm Ready was so long ago. Time flies. That album was so good I can give her a pass for the last one.

I'm so excited for this album! Out of all East Asian pop artists Elva has stood out to me the most, like each of her albums have something really special about them and I'm certain that this one is going to be just as good.

I wonder if they've invited Elva to MAMA instead of Jolin to sing "Shut up and Kiss me", what would happen to Elva's and Jolin's respective careers.

Something to think about. rolleyes.gif

According to Elva's instagram she's recording now so everything seems to be on schedule.