i’m allowed to vent on this thread right? like share my opinions of idols dancing or whatever. i’m kinda blunt with my words so it might sound mean

Lol you are definitely allowed to vent. Vent until your heart's content lmao

Huh, had no clue the first two have easier moves. Of the 4 I would have thought dynamic best described the first 2. The clips aren't in chronological order. It's all within the span of maybe 5-6 months- #2, #3, #4, #1. She grew up learning traditional Chinese dance and ballet, then went to train in Korea for 2 years bc she wanted to learn modern/pop dance. Maybe part of why the moves look safe or easy is China doesn't have great talent when it comes to choreographers. I do feel like she could tackle harder choreo.

Thanks for your input! And welcome back to the site smile.png

Haha, thanks for the welcome!

I don't mean to say that her moves in the first two videos are "easy" or "simple" because they're definitely not. In fact, I looked at it a couple more times and I'm beginning to see more of what you mean. Although there are moves that are common in some beginner/intermediate hip hop training, there are also much more intricate moves that she brings to life as well. One thing about this girl that I didn't mention before is that she is 1000% great with bringing emotion and control to her moves, something that is key to a great performer. Her funkiness and her attitude with her moves are fantastic and definitely keeps the average watcher's attention through them.

Honestly, I was at a training when I watched the videos originally, but now that I am home and focusing, I'm really seeing more things. She is very interesting, I'm curious to know more about her. 

• Like 1

Lisa is an amazing dancer and I have enjoyed seeing the clips of her dancing in the past. Regarding this video in particular, she did very good in executing the moves, and serving face. I think the choreography fits very well with the tone of the music, it doesn't hit too hard, but it's also not too mellow either.  Lisa definitely has a lot of stamina and it's very evident in this video, but I notice the common mistake of putting too much power in certain parts of the routine (the chest popping in this video for instance), then slightly slowing down soon after to catch up (the little arm movement bit after the chest popping). In this case, she should have done a little bit better with spreading out her energy and power throughout the choreo, but I can understand the cheering of her fans and the excitement can cause her to snap off, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I hope I'm making sense. 

Edited by â™›A Boy Like Troy
  • Like 1

Haha, thanks for the welcome!

I don't mean to say that her moves in the first two videos are "easy" or "simple" because they're definitely not. In fact, I looked at it a couple more times and I'm beginning to see more of what you mean. Although there are moves that are common in some beginner/intermediate hip hop training, there are also much more intricate moves that she brings to life as well. One thing about this girl that I didn't mention before is that she is 1000% great with bringing emotion and control to her moves, something that is key to a great performer. Her funkiness and her attitude with her moves are fantastic and definitely keeps the average watcher's attention through them.

Honestly, I was at a training when I watched the videos originally, but now that I am home and focusing, I'm really seeing more things. She is very interesting, I'm curious to know more about her. 

Interesting! I've got an untrained eye, but I really agree about the emotion and control. I think she's got an interesting story. I started stanning her after watching her on P101 China! The short summary-

Her mom's a traditional Chinese dance teacher, she started learning at age 4. Her parents sent her to a strict military discipline dance school starting jr high. Apparently it's got quite a notorious rep- physical punishment, hardly let them eat, etc. She finished high school there and secured one of four spots to get a guaranteed seat to one of the top dance programs in Beijing. She later changed her mind and went to train in Korea. She had 2 unsuccessful attempts to debut, once under TS ent, another under Jellyfish. Went back to China and won 1st place on a gg competition show only for no post-show debut plans to pan out, then P101 China she was done dirty and placed one spot away from debut. Two months ago she debuted as a soloist, which was the HERO song above.

This is a clip of the dance school she went to

If you're interested in more videos of her dancing, there are 3 others in spoilers of my initial post. I tried to post a variety of styles, but I'm not sure how varied the actual dance is versus moreso just variation in the music genre and concepts. 

Here's a different hip hop one

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/DtI4Nr1jw?fid=1034:4c8a531937f1e0f42ee9d77ed74b5a83

This was her dance eval perf (excuse the song, she had unfortunate luck with cute/weird songs on P101)

And she's done a bunch of kpop dance covers, Triple H, Ikon, Highlight, PSY, Blackpink, 4minute, Gfriend, KARD, CLC, EXID, etc

Edited by hess

I'd like some objective evaluations since I don't know dancing. Who is the best dancer in this clip?

I know you posted this over a month ago but I love dancing so I can't help but want to share my input if you're still interested in what people think!

I personally find that guy with the black hair and the red and black striped patterned long sleeved shirt the best dancer. His moves are solid, clean, and balanced. However, he seems to lack confidence because he continually looks around at the other dancers when he's dancing like he's unsure if he's right or where the others are, and that takes away from his performance.

The guy who starts off in the middle has the most stage presence and confidence, which is one of the most important things in a dance group performance, especially an idol group, so that can arguably make him be considered as the best dancer.

• Like 2

Interesting! I've got an untrained eye, but I really agree about the emotion and control. I think she's got an interesting story. I started stanning her after watching her on P101 China! The short summary-

Her mom's a traditional Chinese dance teacher, she started learning at age 4. Her parents sent her to a strict military discipline dance school starting jr high. Apparently it's got quite a notorious rep- physical punishment, hardly let them eat, etc. She finished high school there and secured one of four spots to get a guaranteed seat to one of the top dance programs in Beijing. She later changed her mind and went to train in Korea. She had 2 unsuccessful attempts to debut, once under TS ent, another under Jellyfish. Went back to China and won 1st place on a gg competition show only for no post-show debut plans to pan out, then P101 China she was done dirty and placed one spot away from debut. Two months ago she debuted as a soloist, which was the HERO song above.

This is a clip of the dance school she went to

If you're interested in more videos of her dancing, there are 3 others in spoilers of my initial post. I tried to post a variety of styles, but I'm not sure how varied the actual dance is versus moreso just variation in the music genre and concepts. 

Here's a different hip hop one

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/DtI4Nr1jw?fid=1034:4c8a531937f1e0f42ee9d77ed74b5a83

This was her dance eval perf (excuse the song, she had unfortunate luck with cute/weird songs on P101)

And she's done a bunch of kpop dance covers, Triple H, Ikon, Highlight, PSY, Blackpink, 4minute, Gfriend, KARD, CLC, EXID, etc

I'm late as hell, but I appreciate this deepstareplz.png

She is too cute! I enjoy looking at her cute dance video (which is from the P101 show?). It seems like Hip Hop is her go-to dance style, but she really transformed herself into the cutest, bubbly girl in this video. She has great stage presence and her facial expressions are everything. Very impressive!

I'm late as hell, but I appreciate this deepstareplz.png

She is too cute! I enjoy looking at her cute dance video (which is from the P101 show?). It seems like Hip Hop is her go-to dance style, but she really transformed herself into the cutest, bubbly girl in this video. She has great stage presence and her facial expressions are everything. Very impressive!

Aw, I'm glad you enjoyed it! 

Yeah, her personality is naturally cute, she herself prefers cooler/hip hop styles, but can pull off a variety of styles. On the Chinese version of Produce 101, she kept getting cute songs, so everyone thought that was her style and didn't realize she's actually a great dancer. In the finale she got to do a hip hop dance and really took people by surprise haha.

Like, this is her off stage

DyjZNhzUUAEc1Kj.jpg:large

Edited by hess

Aw, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah, her personality is naturally cute, she herself prefers cooler/hip hop styles, but can pull off a variety of styles. On the Chinese version of Produce 101, she kept getting cute songs, so everyone thought that was her style and didn't realize she's actually a great dancer. In the finale she got to do a hip hop dance and really took people by surprise haha.

Like, this is her off stage

DyjZNhzUUAEc1Kj.jpg:large

Aye that’s lit! I’m glad she was able to show her dance off in the finale! I’m about to look it up now

Aye that’s lit! I’m glad she was able to show her dance off in the finale! I’m about to look it up now

Oh, hah. Actually the clip is one I've shown you already!

The comments say this choreo is very tiring and you need a lot of stamina for it, is that true? (I don't know anything about dancing, but I was just curious)

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16sfLHXAASU[/media]

Posted (edited)

Hi, does someone here knows how accurate are these rankings? (not exactly in the order, but in their opinions/analysis)

I know nothing about dancing but these sound pretty convincing to me.

Edited by _universo