• Please log in to reply
1188 replies to this topic

#1121 Lucky Wanderer

Lucky Wanderer

Reality Transurfer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

damn the girl in this video is only 12 yet shes better than 90% of dancers ive seen including adults. Shes super cute too she could totally get into any of the big 3 easily

#1122 FuturingGirl

FuturingGirl

Yang Yena's #1 Stan

• PipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Locationstanning April and Stellar like someone who has good taste would

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:31 AM

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Geonhee from Purfles like for real

@2:55

Bonus: Ringa Linga cover by all 3 of them

#1123 IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

Multiple questions I have for the Almighty people on this thread who actually know something about dancing, your answers are highly appreciated :)

1. What is "musicality"? (you used the term to describe Sehun's dancing. moving according to the beat? movements fitting the lyrics? general smoothness? something completely different?)
  2. Has any of you seen video reactions on youtube by "SALV & FAMILY"? They seem to be (former?) B-boys and react to K-Pop dance practice videos (mostly BTS). How do you judge their judgement? e.g.:
  3. Are the choreographers for K-pop dances known? Is it a small circle of people who do lots of choreographies or do the companies pay lots of different people?
  4. If there is a "small and famous circle" - who's in it besides Rino Nakasone, Koharu Sugawara and 1Million choreographers?
  5. Are there currently girl groups that have more masculine choreographies? (as in - physically challenging dances)

#1124 Lucky Wanderer

Lucky Wanderer

Reality Transurfer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:09 PM (Edited by DoseOfRose, 27 December 2016 - 12:11 PM.)

Multiple questions I have for the Almighty people on this thread who actually know something about dancing, your answers are highly appreciated :)

1. What is "musicality"? (you used the term to describe Sehun's dancing. moving according to the beat? movements fitting the lyrics? general smoothness? something completely different?)
  2. Has any of you seen video reactions on youtube by "SALV & FAMILY"? They seem to be (former?) B-boys and react to K-Pop dance practice videos (mostly BTS). How do you judge their judgement? e.g.:
  3. Are the choreographers for K-pop dances known? Is it a small circle of people who do lots of choreographies or do the companies pay lots of different people?
  4. If there is a "small and famous circle" - who's in it besides Rino Nakasone, Koharu Sugawara and 1Million choreographers?
  5. Are there currently girl groups that have more masculine choreographies? (as in - physically challenging dances)

1- moving according to the music in general , whether its the beat, the lyrics or both. But it also means having the right amount of energy depending on the tempo of the beat, if you're going all out when its a slow piano beat, even if you're on beat your hyperness will be too much

a good example of this is 7:20-7:35, you see the guy who's dancing in black ? he has bad musicality, he's being too hyper for that medium tempo beat, and funny enough the guy in white to his right is taunting him about it by pointing to his own ears ( meaning listen to the beat)

2- Bboy is really different from hip hop, which is what bts and 99% of kpop groups dance, but their judgement seems on point (judging from that one video). Though they probably exaggerated their reactions for fan service 

3- Im not too sure about this one, but sometimes SM uses really famous choreographers like Ian Eastwood and Tony Testa, though there's only 4-5 really famous ones so i assume there's more that are not famous compared to those who are, for example ive personally never heard of the girl who does BP's choreos

ill let someone who knows more than me answer the rest

#1125 stopminyoongi

stopminyoongi

Actually, don't stop him

• PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationUnintentionally dragging my own favs

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:26 PM (Edited by stopminyoongi, 27 December 2016 - 12:26 PM.)

1- moving according to the music in general , whether its the beat, the lyrics or both. But it also means having the right amount of energy depending on the tempo of the beat, if you're going all out when its a slow piano beat, even if you're on beat your hyperness will be too much

a good example of this is 7:20-7:35, you see the guy who's dancing in black ? he has bad musicality, he's being too hyper for that medium tempo beat, and funny enough the guy in white to his right is taunting him about it by pointing to his own ears ( meaning listen to the beat)

2- Bboy is really different from hip hop, which is what bts and 99% of kpop groups dance, but their judgement seems on point (judging from that one video). Though they probably exaggerated their reactions for fan service 

3- Im not too sure about this one, but sometimes SM uses really famous choreographers like Ian Eastwood and Tony Testa, though there's only 4-5 really famous ones so i assume there's more that are not famous compared to those who are, for example ive personally never heard of the girl who does BP's choreos

Keone Madrid has worked a lot with kpop artists too

I've loved his choreo since I found him from that justin beiber song love yourself

edit: wait is he not as famous as I thought he was?? lol

#1126 Lucky Wanderer

Lucky Wanderer

Reality Transurfer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

Keone Madrid has worked a lot with kpop artists too

I've loved his choreo since I found him from that justin beiber song love yourself

edit: wait is he not as famous as I thought he was?? lol

Keone Madrid is pretty famous

#1127 IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

thanks for answering :D

1. Now I understand and that video really helped and was funny. I would have never noticed the guy in the white shirt mocking him, I applaud you for noticing those details. --- Does musicality only apply for freestyle dancing or do you also use the term when it comes to choreographies that the idols already have performed hundreds of times?
  2. haha yea, they did exaggerate. So k-pop boy group dance can mostly be classified as hiphop?
  3. I wanted to know if the information who choreographed the dances is publicly displayed or sort of insider knowledge. Like they show who composed a song for another artist. Do you know the name of those 4-5 famous SM choreographers you mentioned?

I'd say Keone Madrid is famous, given the fact that I know hardly anything about dancers and I know him xD

#1128 Lucky Wanderer

Lucky Wanderer

Reality Transurfer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

thanks for answering :D

• Now I understand and that video really helped and was funny. I would have never noticed the guy in the white shirt mocking him, I applaud you for noticing those details. --- Does musicality only apply for freestyle dancing or do you also use the term when it comes to choreographies that the idols already have performed hundreds of times?
  • haha yea, they did exaggerate. So k-pop boy group dance can mostly be classified as hiphop?
  • I wanted to know if the information who choreographed the dances is publicly displayed or sort of insider knowledge. Like they show who composed a song for another artist. Do you know the name of those 4-5 famous SM choreographers you mentioned?
I'd say Keone Madrid is famous, given the fact that I know hardly anything about dancers and I know him xD

It also applies to choreos, like me and my friend were both doing the same dance, but I was at 50% energy and my friend at 100 and the teacher told him to calm down cause when the beat drops that's when we're supposed to go at 100% energy. Though it's waaaay more impressive with freestyle cause everything is created on the spot, you don't even know the song you're dancing to in most cases

2- yea 95% of kpop choreos are hip hop, which kinda sucks cause there's so many other great styles like krump, popping, locking, etc

3- well it's not really "classified information" but sometimes it's just not released. The 4-5 famous dancers I meant in kpop in general not just sm.

#1129 IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

It also applies to choreos, like me and my friend were both doing the same dance, but I was at 50% energy and my friend at 100 and the teacher told him to calm down cause when the beat drops that's when we're supposed to go at 100% energy. Though it's waaaay more impressive with freestyle cause everything is created on the spot, you don't even know the song you're dancing to in most cases

2- yea 95% of kpop choreos are hip hop, which kinda sucks cause there's so many other great styles like krump, popping, locking, etc

3- well it's not really "classified information" but sometimes it's just not released. The 4-5 famous dancers I meant in kpop in general not just sm.

2 - I remember the reaction guys claiming that BTS use some krumping in some of their dances. And I guess that Hit the Stage was supposed to increase diversity in dance styles?

Are all of the girl group choreos also considered hiphop? (cute concepts I mean)

3 - so who are they? :D

#1130 Lucky Wanderer

Lucky Wanderer

Reality Transurfer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:05 PM (Edited by DoseOfRose, 27 December 2016 - 05:06 PM.)

2 - I remember the reaction guys claiming that BTS use some krumping in some of their dances. And I guess that Hit the Stage was supposed to increase diversity in dance styles?

Are all of the girl group choreos also considered hiphop? (cute concepts I mean)

3 - so who are they? :D

2- maybe, but i havent really seen it yet, maybe they did it for like 2-3 moves. Hit the stage is just a diversity in how they dance, its still 90% hip hop

Well i cant say ALL girl group videos are are hip hop, but its also mostly hip hop but with a very strong stiletto influence (stiletto is the style of dance that beyonce,lady gaga,etc)

this is an example of a stiletto dance. girls groups who do ''cute dances'' is not really stiletto, since stiletto is like a sexy feminine dance, but i dont think there's really a style for what groups like crayonpop/gfriend/etc do , its just a combination of stuff so they look cute

3- I only know Ian Eastwood, Tony Testa, Keone Madrid, Paris Goebel, Kyle Hanagami  

#1131 IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

2- maybe, but i havent really seen it yet, maybe they did it for like 2-3 moves. Hit the stage is just a diversity in how they dance, its still 90% hip hop

Well i cant say ALL girl group videos are are hip hop, but its also mostly hip hop but with a very strong stiletto influence (stiletto is the style of dance that beyonce,lady gaga,etc)

this is an example of a stiletto dance. girls groups who do ''cute dances'' is not really stiletto, since stiletto is like a sexy feminine dance, but i dont think there's really a style for what groups like crayonpop/gfriend/etc do , its just a combination of stuff so they look cute

3- I only know Ian Eastwood, Tony Testa, Keone Madrid, Paris Goebel, Kyle Hanagami 

2 - Interesting that there isn't a name yet for the "cute dances", I always thought that pretty much every move has its own name :lol:

3 - thanks!

#1132 Soulrain

Soulrain

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • LocationSuite 808.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:51 PM (Edited by Soulrain, 12 January 2017 - 06:51 PM.)

Is there a name for this dancing style? @1.30 It may be a stupid question but I'm really ignorant about dancing in general lol

#1133 jikook fucks

jikook fucks

Debutee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

for me it's j-hope & lisa at the moment

#1134 xxtrixiexx

xxtrixiexx

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

Best dance break imo...to bad they are gone  :._.:

#1135 Callmeashy

Callmeashy

Idol

• PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationWhatever universe Heechul is from

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:04 PM (Edited by Callmeashy, 08 February 2017 - 12:07 PM.)

What do you all think of this soon to debut group A.C.E?

They made the choreo for this themselves. They've also been in several videos for 1million dance studio 

edit: just realized I might need to explain who they are lol the one in red at the beginning is the leader of the group Jun 2:13 the boys in the back are Wow and Chan from the group

#1136 HeyThere123

HeyThere123

Trainee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

To those saying Sooyoung can't dance as well as YoonYul or that she's stiff you definitely haven't taken a close look. Enjoy this video:

#1137 Lucky seven

Lucky seven

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:57 AM (Edited by Lucky seven, 12 February 2017 - 10:59 AM.)

https://youtu.be/8Pel-qh7d5A

What do you guys think of Eunjin from DIA?

#1138 Cian K

Cian K

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationmourning over 2pm and sistar.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

Finally finished learning The Eye! I've now learned that and 2PM's My House in maybe a span of 1 month and a week. Currently learning Promise (I'll be), and trying to decide how I'll be able to possibly film  :lol:

#1139 汉娜

汉娜

Trainee

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Location¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

https://youtu.be/8Pel-qh7d5A

What do you guys think of Eunjin from DIA?

I think that she does an amazing job! She also has a really good stage presence as well  :raep:

#1140 Ploopy678

Ploopy678

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Since everyone here dances, just wanted to ask for some feedback regarding my dance cover ahahah

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dance, Questions, Types of Dance, KPOP, Idols, JPOP

Up, Up and Away!