learning chat Japanese Japan

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#461 potao

potao

讨厌!

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Locationinside jjong's shoes (part-time insoles)

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:16 PM (Edited by potao, 07 October 2017 - 01:17 PM.)

I've always just kinda omitted it from my personal translations, but how would any of you handle translating 「っ......」to an english equivalent without the use of "action" phrases like (grunts) or the like? it's so trivial I don't want to randomly pester my prof about it rip

#462 Green Willow

Green Willow

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts
  • LocationWhere BIHbang is

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:16 AM (Edited by Green Willow, 05 November 2017 - 02:16 AM.)

have decided to put my foot down learning japanese. have chosen duolingo. wish me luck hoes :hoplz:

#463 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

have decided to put my foot down learning japanese. have chosen duolingo. wish me luck hoes :hoplz:

personally I would advise against duolingo since a lot of advanced Japanese learners found problems with it when testing it out. I've tested it out myself and duolingo Japanese doesn't explain the kana well enough so I often see a lot of questions like "why is がっこう pronounced gakkou and not gatsukou" on the LearnJapanese subreddit (when you see a small つ, that means the consonant is doubled). If you like the Duolingo interface, LingoDeer has a similar interface and is preferred over Duolingo.

#464 Green Willow

Green Willow

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts
  • LocationWhere BIHbang is

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

personally I would advise against duolingo since a lot of advanced Japanese learners found problems with it when testing it out. I've tested it out myself and duolingo Japanese doesn't explain the kana well enough so I often see a lot of questions like "why is がっこう pronounced gakkou and not gatsukou" on the LearnJapanese subreddit (when you see a small つ, that means the consonant is doubled). If you like the Duolingo interface, LingoDeer has a similar interface and is preferred over Duolingo.

well that's alright, i already know kana, i'm just trying to get more fluent in it. so i guess if i didn't there would be a problem but i'm just hanging out until the hard stuff comes along (kanji). thanks though.

#465 jell0

jell0

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationBoston/NYC

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

I am doing a survey for a class and I could really use some Japanese responses. What are some common forums I'd be able to post to to get some people to take a short (~ 1 minute) online survey?

#466 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

I am doing a survey for a class and I could really use some Japanese responses. What are some common forums I'd be able to post to to get some people to take a short (~ 1 minute) online survey?

r/learnjapanese

#467 jell0

jell0

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationBoston/NYC

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

r/learnjapanese

Sorry - what I mean is I would like some responses from Japanese people. I made 2 versions of the survey and one of them is in Japanese. It’s for a company that is based in Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: learning, chat, Japanese, Japan

Up, Up and Away!