3874 replies to this topic

#2441 Ynez the Splendid

Ynez the Splendid

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationOn Suraya Bay nursing a Starduster

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

I watched the new NCT Limitless video (randomly picked the dance version). These are my first impressions: the choreography was unnecessarily busy for the pace of the song. I was getting so distracted that I actually had to just close my eyes and listen to get a neutral feel of it.

It's good in some areas, definitely. It's strength is the chorus. Which is why I can see it's compared to EXO's music. EXO's songs have very dramatic/romantic chorus breaks. This song had it as well with how to instrumentals and vocals "climbed up" dramatically. Taeyeong(?) with that throat thing though (stank face inducing). One thing that alarmed me was that, to my newbie ear, no one outside of 2 or 3 voices stood out (again I'm just going off of just audio at this point). I was hearing the same voices I've heard in the other NCT songs which is probably why they stood out a bit. If you close your eyes and pretend you didn't know this was NCT, this release could've come from a number of groups. Right off the top of my head, I thought of 2 or 3 Baby Gen to 3rd Gen boy groups who could've sung this. It's not horrible but pretty standard with some style biting from their sunbaes. With very little tweaking it could have easily been any boy group singing this. Not the end of the world but something to keep in mind.

As far as the aesthetics go, they shouldn't have all been wearing red, dancing complicated steps in the dark. I know it's the dance version, but you should actually be able to see them dancing. After a while, they bled into each other with the red color. In fact that's really what stood out to me about the aesthetics. Busy.Red. Which is why I just had to close my eyes. Overall, an interesting mix of "ok", "good" and "mess". It could be a grower though if you completely dismiss the visual direction and don't care about who's singing it.

Meh. Don't know if I'll go to itunes on this one, but maybe I'll listen to the audio a couple more times. Oh and, I did finally see the rough version. Not as busy of course, but directionless and cheap looking (guess that's why its rough). Didn't add or subtract to my overall impressions.

#2442 Thatoneuser

Thatoneuser

Suho's eternal soulmate

• PipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationHow rude

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:06 AM (Edited by Thatoneuser, 12 January 2017 - 07:33 AM.)

As someone who wears glasses to see I fucking hate it when kpop idols wear fake glasses because they're "stylish" not just kpop idols anyone actually. I think they look fucking stupid and I hate it. You don't need them to see so stop taking something that a lot of us wish we didn't have to use and making it a trend. If you want to wear glasses so badly you can have my bad eyesight and I'll take your good eyesight. I hate that trend so fucking much. 

#2443 Ryuzaki08

Ryuzaki08

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts
  • LocationJedi Temple

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Why is this thread turning into lowkey bashing thread..

#2444 Violet-Cream..y...

Violet-Cream..y...

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationOn the tip of the tongue.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Black Pearl Rania is too long of a name for the group. It should be shortened to BPR, Black Pearl or Rania. If the correct styling is RaNia then it could also be BPRN. Whichever way, the group's getting by mainly because of everything relating to Alex. Even the news of an original member returning was over shadowed by Alex-related issues.

#2445 Xiyeon

Xiyeon

Idol

• PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

I don't understand the hype around Tzuyu i really don't.

#2446 IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

IAmTheQuestionToAllAnswers

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

I don't understand why there are so many critical posts on OH downvoted if you can tell the author probably messed up with their words and didn't mean it. 

#2447 Tayenne

Tayenne

Принцесса Серешня

• PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

I rly like the 90s concept NCT is trying to pull off, if just the styling was less tragic.

#2448 gwoozi

gwoozi

Trainee

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationApgujeong

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

I prefer Vixx and Winner over BTS and Exo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#2449 Kinn

Kinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:40 AM

EXO isn't what they used to be. AFter lutaokris left it left a void in my heart as well and it still longs to be filled.

sm is stupid for giving nct ps. johnny looked fine he did not need chin filler

#2450 봄날

봄날

YNWA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,491 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

fire is like the best bts title track. haters gun hate

#2451 bbangjyjbapshineelove

bbangjyjbapshineelove

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationLove those who are good and appreciate fans.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:55 AM

The different stylist and this website is not very friendly to maknae lisa.

But, I'm going to hold it down for her on my other accounts on other sites.

#2452 OnCloud9

OnCloud9

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:02 AM

richard harris's dumbledore>>>>>>>Michael gambon's dumbledore
Harris played his role with the gentleness and wisdom you would expect from Dumbledore and he was exactly like I pictured him from the books. Gambon was so rough and harsh and I can't get myself to ever connect with him. I felt the complexity of Dumbledore's character got lost in his acting.

I hate every HP movie after Chamber of Secrets, especially Order of the Phoenix because it was my favorite book and they botched the battle at the ministry. They should've kept CC to direct all the movies

#2453 TiramiQ the 2nd

TiramiQ the 2nd

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:27 AM

many people keep praising Hyorin for her "those who don't have talent don't deserve the luck" quote and call her a queen for it and keep using the gif to shade others but i think it is very dumb and selfish.

being born with innate talent is already very lucky, so for her to say that those who were already lucky enough to have a gift handed to them upon birth deserve even more luck while those who weren't lucky enough to be born talented don't deserve any luck is very selfish.

people who work hard deserve all the luck they can get, even if they weren't born with innate talent. 

#2454 FrostedCookies

FrostedCookies

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts
  • Locationhunting down Seulgi's potential boyfriends

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

Oh My Girl need to go back to their best era 

#2455 imperioexo

imperioexo

Idol

• PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationNARNIA

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:17 PM (Edited by tenvstaeyong, 13 January 2017 - 05:18 PM.)

Koreans are sleeping in Limitless 

NCT are my favs but I recognize when a song is good and when it is bad and that song is the best of this blessed album. 
raw

#2456 Hyedes

Hyedes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Location"That Bangtan reign just won't let up~". BTS & ARMY STAY WINNING!

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:49 PM (Edited by Hyedes, 13 January 2017 - 06:49 PM.)

Amongst girl groups, KARA hands down has the best title tracks.

#2457 natcat49

natcat49

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:26 AM

CL has the most defensive, immature, delusional fans. Say anything that could be taken as slightly offensive and you're bombarded with "stop hating! she's an amazing rapper and singer and she has CHARISMA!!!11!!!1" stfu lifted sucks and she needs to stop screaming onstage

#2458 glitteringstars

glitteringstars

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Spoiler

#2459 pisces

pisces

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

I'm sorry but K.A.R.D's song was not that good. Next.

#2460 Hwang Woo

Hwang Woo

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSeulgi's heart ♡

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'll never understand why K-pop fans bash Winner's discography and call their albums flops.

Sent from my iQ1040 using my frustrations for Coridel's management

Up, Up and Away!