Photo

The unpopular opinions thread (Read OP)

13126 replies to this topic

#12961 OneHellyu

OneHellyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Locationtell me boi boi love it it it it it it? ah!

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:13 AM

Now that ITZY has the colour pop girl crush sound, people can say sayonara to Twice doing a girl crush concept similar to LOA. Twice is lucky they have longevity and good cute songs despite sticking to a safe concept.

#12962 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,810 posts
  • Location⋆ fᵤₗₗ ₜᵢₘₑ ₘᵢᵣₐCₗₑ⋆ ◌ ◡ ◌ ⋆

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:52 AM

Reborn might have that j-idol sound at first listen but it’s such an exciting song! The combination of idol and neo pop really works for TGS. Yes i wanted another Predawn too but I’d take Reborn any day with open arms over the generic experimental house pop that was Reflection. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12963 OneHellyu

OneHellyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:19 AM (Edited by OneHellyu, 11 February 2019 - 11:21 AM.)

TBH after seeing their debut, I think that even if Somi debuted in ITZY, she wouldn’t distract from the other members like Miss A. Maybe in the beginning but definitely not long term. Not to be rude to her, but objectively, there isn’t a TALENT where she outshines the current ITZY members.

Stage Presence/Being an Ace? Yeji 100% takes the cake.
Singing? Lia.
Unique, Love/Hate Vocal Tone? Yuna also has it.
Dancing? Chaeryeong & Yeji.
Rapping? Ryujin or Yuna.
Visual? Yuna is the visual of the group & has a classic visual face (like a Suzy, Tzuyu or YoonA) whereas Somi is more unique-looking (to the Korean GP).
Variety Personality? Ryujin is also silly & funny like Somi.

Assuming their songs were popular, they definitely would eventually catch up to Somi’s popularity.

#12964 Bom

Bom

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,120 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Maybe not unpopular idk but how can you stan a group before they even debut? You've not heard or seen what they're going to put out so how do you know your going to like them? 

Makes absolutely 0 sense to me. I can't imagine putting effort into getting to know a group before they've done anything because it'd be such a waste of time if their debut wasn't good. rolleyes.gif

Many K-pop fans are so quick to stan new groups just because of the company they are under it's just ridiculous really.

#12965 ℓucieℓℓe

ℓucieℓℓe

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:12 PM (Edited by ℓucieℓℓe, 11 February 2019 - 03:12 PM.)

Instagram beauty gurus look like they got splashed with paint and not in a good way

#12966 Serenee

Serenee

Dreamer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationI like to be alone because I want to be true to myself. Like the freely flowing wind, like the stars above the clouds...I want to go far away, I want to shine brightly.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:24 PM (Edited by Serenee, 12 February 2019 - 03:10 AM.)

Everytime I watch a Super Junior stage, I can't help but think how no group to this day can pull off a performance as well as they do. They can hype me up without unneccesary screaming and jumping around. They are so naturally fun on stage, it always puts a smile on my face.

#12967 RedCarpet

RedCarpet

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • LocationIn Kuanlin's diss track

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

Imo, Ha Sungwoon will not return to hotshot.

#12968 rockerchic88

rockerchic88

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts
  • LocationJongin's Heart

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

I did not like Taemin’s new song.

#12969 europa

europa

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:04 PM

rbb is one of red velvets best title tracks there I said it 

#12970 eternal glow

eternal glow

jungbrahimovic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,205 posts
  • Location♡ cross the sunset w/ gfriend ♡

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:31 PM

The most legendary and iconic survival show performance of the 3rd gen is TEAM B/iKON's Climax stage. It gives me the chills every time I listen to the song or rewatch the performance and hear that transition from B.I's rap to Junhoe singing. It's just such a moving stage that I watch over and over. It never gets old because it's just so good. 

#12971 #Waiting

#Waiting

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationHiatus

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:32 AM

Survival shows should stop. Not only they're cruel but they also create crazy fans

#12972 OneHellyu

OneHellyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:49 AM

Either American camerawork and stage setting sucks or BlackPink were nervous/not on their A-Game because that Late Late Night Show performance was very lacklustre... if I weren’t into Koop and I saw that it still wouldn’t make me want to check them out based on that performance.

On Korean Music Shows, Award Shows and Concerts they always look very cool but I’m wondering if I should be giving more credit to the fancy costumes, dynamic camera work & bright lighting they use in Korea.

#12973 dylaned

dylaned

Idol

• PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSTAN KIM JONGDAE

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:15 AM (Edited by dylaned, 12 February 2019 - 06:31 AM.)

Clc is overrated cross that! NO is overrated

#12974 kaydavee

kaydavee

Idol

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:45 AM

people unironically calling lyrics (that demean the majority of women) written by a grown man whose company sexualizes underage girls a “feminist anthem” and that people who don’t like it are “worried about their own faves” or something are unbelievably embarrassing.. libfems lmao. it’s okay that you think the girls are cute enough that you’re willing to ignore the borderline unlistenable song. kpop is more than just the music, i get it! don’t try to make it deeper than it is

#12975 SarahManning

SarahManning

Idol

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationPussy

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Jennie needs to work on her english and let Rose take the lead all the time. Would work better for them. 

#12976 Sofs

Sofs

#StanKimSojung

• Awards Team
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:41 AM

I like Itzy and Dalla Dalla. They are unique and refreshing. People keeps dragging them and comparing them to f(x), rv, bp and even twice but they are different. They are a mix and it's refreshing, just like (G)i-dle is refreshing for the girl crush concept.

#12977 YGisAwesome

YGisAwesome

Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

YG >>>>> JYP

JYP gives me weird vibes idk

#12978 YGisAwesome

YGisAwesome

Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:51 AM

Treasure has better visuals and more talent then Stray kids

Itzy looks like a dollar tree version of Blackpink

iKON and Winner songs are so much better then Got7 "Experimental" music that's they actually chart good in melon

Twice is kind of losing popularity to Blackpink

YG in general have better music then JYP it's my opinion

#12979 JNT-LEGGO

JNT-LEGGO

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts
  • LocationJamaica

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:57 AM

I think Dalla Dalla's a good song, it does sound like something you'd hear on Disney Channel or Nickelodeon movie but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, even though they're girl crush-esque, it's good that they still look and sound their age.

#12980 YGisAwesome

YGisAwesome

Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

Big bang alone >>>>> anyone from JYP past or present :)

Up, Up and Away!