Sign in to follow this  
al_hazel

The Genius - Season 4: Grand Final - ENG 150912 Episode 12 Finale Up!

Season 4  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Main Match in Season 4

• ID Exchange
    • Horror Race
    • Today's Menu
    • Fish Shop
    • Loyalist and Rebels
    • Garnet Thief
    • Seed Poker
    • Minus Auction II
    • Horror Race II
    • Cooperative Hold'em

The Genius 4: Grand Final

f130790863916709946(0).jpg

Title: ë” 지니어스:그랜드 파ì´ë„/The Genius: Grand Final

Broadcast period: 27 June 2015 -

Broadcast Timing: Saturday, 9.40pm KST

No. of episodes: 12 episodes (expected)

Broadcast Network: tvN

Official Site Official Facebook / Korean Wiki 

Previous seasons OH threads: Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3

ENG SUB Episodes for previous seasons: HERE

----------------------------------------

EPISODES

150627 EP 01 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS

/
 RATING: 1.802%

150704 EP 02 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 
 RATING: 1.453%

150711 EP 03 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 
 RATING: 2.340%

150718 EP 04 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 
 RATING: 1.762%

150725 EP 05 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 
 RATING: 1.987%

150801 EP 06 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 
 RATING: 1.953%

150808 EP 07 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 2 RATING: 2.314%

150815 EP 08 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 2  BTS 

/ 
 RATING: 1.913%

150822 EP 09 RAW 1 / 2 ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 1 / 2 RATING: 2.513%

150829 EP 10 RAW 1 / ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 2 RATING: 2.251%

150905 EP 11 RAW 1 / ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 1 / 2 RATING: 2.286%

150912 EP 12 RAW 1 / ENG SUB 1 / 2  BTS 

/ 2 RATING: 3.181%

TEASERS

/
/

Image Teasers: 

tumblr_nq8i5jXjz31rs17emo1_250.pngtumblr_nq8i5jXjz31rs17emo6_250.pngtumblr_nq8i5jXjz31rs17emo2_250.png

tumblr_nq8i5jXjz31rs17emo3_250.pngtumblr_nq8i5jXjz31rs17emo4_250.pngtumblr_nq8i5jXjz31rs17emo5_250.png

[table]

[tr][td]

CGdlemGW0AA_TAl.jpg

[/td]

[td]Players - All Stars

Season 1
Hong Jinho
Lee Sangmin
Kim Kyungran
Lee Junseok
Choi Jungmoon

Season 2
Lim Yohwan
Yoo Junghyun
Lim Yoosun

Season 3
Jang Dongmin
Oh Hyunmin
Kim Yoohyun
Choi Yeonseung
Kim Kyunghoon[/td][/tr][/table]

Game Rules

13 contestants with a special talent or skill compete against each other in games where 1 person is eliminated in each episode.

Players collect garnets which can be used to make the games easier. Each garnet is worth $1000 and the total number of garnets at the end will be turned into prize money for the winner.

There are 2 games in each episode: the Main Match and the Death Match.

The Main Match is played by all the players and there are garnet rewards. The winner(s) of the game also gain token(s) of life, which protects them from being chosen for the death match. The loser or the player with the lowest garnet count will be up for elimination, and play in the Death Match.

Thread Rules:

When subs are out, spoiler tags are not necessary.

Before that, please use the spoiler tag for discussion.

Warning: While we try to keep the thread spoiler free until the English subs are released, there will be some slip ups. Read at your own risk. 

Follow Bumdi on his twitter to be alerted: https://twitter.com/bumdidlyump

Source: here

Edited by al_hazel
  • Like 9

omg just saw that Kyungran was coming back  :rlytearpls:  my fave female player <3

• Like 2

I honestly want Sunggyu back, that show is what made me a casual fan of his.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Congratulations for the new thread!

11329909_1615363018732386_68255295373603

TITTY GOD WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOUR FAVORITES AND CAUSE A COMPLETE DISASTER!!

• Like 3

SOO EXCITEEDDD!!  :ahmagah:  :rlytearpls:

• Like 1

Let's do a throwback thursday to season 3~

I'll list their profiles and highlight which are true, dubious and completely false~

I will include my nicknames as well for fun

Kang Yongsuk a.k.a WHAT!?

• Pay attention to his poker face and skilled plays developed through countless controversies and years of experience!
  • A politician turned TV star! A hot potato with many haters and fans!
  • School district 8, Seoul University, Harvard Law School! A lawyer who took the elite course. The elite of elites!

Kim Junghoon a.k.a UN Matchsticks

• 146 IQ and ranked 67th in the nation as a student! His hobby is solving maths problems! The most requested player by “The Genius†viewers!
  • A singer turned pretty boy actor! The original umchinah has returned as a genius!
  • Asia’s prince who won a quiz show on Japan’s Fuji TV 2 years in a row!

Ha Yeonjoo a.k.a Wallflower

• Possesses both intellect and beauty with 156 IQ!
  • The beauty with a thousand faces makes her first variety appearance! A true jack of all trades!
  • A devilish player who captures men’s hearts with her lively personality!

Jang Dongmin a.k.a Big brother with countless children

• An unpredictable player who competes with unexpected ad-libs and boldness!
  • The adaptability and sense of a 10 year comedian. Recently risen as a variety show success story!
  • Level 100 wits, level 200 sense! A player with the intuition and strategy to outdo the winner of “The Genius : Rule Breakerâ€.

Nam Hweejong a.k.a SOOPDEUL SOOPDEUL

• 173 IQ with skills and charismatic looks. The eloquent top online maths lecturer!
  • Returned to redeem himself. Forget “The Genius : Rule Breakerâ€! His surefire survival tactics will overcome the 1st round!
  • An overwhelming presence that pressures the other players! The most feared player and a strong favorite to win season 3!

Shin Ahyoung a.k.a OHOHOHO

• Rewriting the history of umchinddals! The daughter of the Financial Services Commission’s chairman, a Harvard graduate and the sports announcer goddess!
  • English, German, Spanish, etc. Fluent in 4 languages and an endless positivity that draws people in!
  • A charming player that chases after a dramatic finish!

Lee Jongbum a.k.a Psychology Guy

• The writer of the web toon “Dr. Frost†which will be made into a drama on OCN!
  • A logical persuasiveness based on quick game sense! A high level player that moves the hearts of other players!
  • The comforting voice of a radio DJ and his psychological knowledge allow him to read others from a few words!

Yoo Soojin a.k.a Black Garnet's big sister

• The financial planner of VVIPs that relies on thorough data analysis to map out their futures!
  • “The Genius : Black Garnetâ€â€™s official big sister with a tough and gentle side!
  • The most requested investment lecturer from countless corporations and schools! Leadership that encompasses every player!

Kwon Juri a.k.a First Blood's Victim

• Quick hands and accurate calculations. A Kangwon Land dealer who doesn’t lose her cool under any situation!
  • Bold plays and an extraordinary competitive spirit hidden behind slender looks!
  • The master of games that reads the minds of gamblers!

Kim Kyunghoon a.k.a Titty Typhoon

• Selected out of 3,000 applicants for the open casting call. From Minjok Leadership Academy to Seoul University! The king of specs!
  • A devilish player that plunges players into chaos with his unexpected goofiness!
  • Handsome looks and a sociability without limits.

Kim Yoohyun a.k.a Puppy-face

• Selected out of 3,000 applicants for the open casting call. A pro poker player that enjoys high level psychological battles!
  • Ranked 3rd in Manila’s Texas Hold ‘Em tournament on September 2012! An English lecturer that is as fluent as a native!
  • Aiming for the win with the pride of a pro poker player on the line!
  • A strong favorite that suggests the best strategy with logical thinking!

Oh Hyunmin a.k.a Squirrel

• Cute looks and an extraordinary mind! “The Geniusâ€â€™s youngest ever player!
  • Dominates the games with a boldness beyond his years and quick judgement!
  • Looks that surpass those of idols and sparkling eyes. A pretty boy comes to restore KAIST’s honor!
  • Disarms female players with cute looks!

Choi Yeonseung a.k.a Tears of the Amazon

• Gangnam’s representative oriental clinic director and responsible for the visuals of “The Genius : Black Garnetâ€!
  • A unique familiarity that lowers the guard of other players and a positivity that shines in dangerous moments!
  • A brilliant mind in the top 0.03% of the 2003 SATs! Selected out of 3,000 applicants for “The Genius : Black Garnetâ€â€™s open casting call!

Edited by Inui
  • Like 3

Not really an infinite fan, but I feel like Sungkyu should be part of the S1 cast...... he was really unpredictable, If he goes against Yoohyun Itll be a good match  :rlytearpls:

• Like 4

Shit!! What a freaking good line-up!! Excited most for Hong Jinho and Oh Hyunmin! God, these two are just geniuses. Also voted for Kyungran 'cause she was a scary player and probably the best among the females. Also voted for Kim Yoohyun just 'cause he was cute :lol: 

I hope to see Jinho and Hyunmin on the finals! Will be rooting for Jinho, but Hyunmin winning would also be great.

• Like 2

I honestly want Sunggyu back, that show is what made me a casual fan of his.

Not really an infinite fan, but I feel like Sungkyu should be part of the S1 cast...... he was really unpredictable, If he goes against Yoohyun Itll be a good match :rlytearpls:

i have no doubt that he wouldve been casted this season if he wasn't promoting his album.

It feels empty without him tbh

we need that sunggyu x sangmin banter lol

Edited by Kaity
  • Like 3

i really want to see sunggyu, we all know he lose in season 1 becuz of his CEO..........i hoped they delay abit and cast Song Joongki, but nvm I'm too hype right now >.<

• Like 3

Thank you for starting this thread! Just a month to go and we are already so hyped up. This jaw-dropping lineup is the ultimate king of king showdown, but I'm ready for some surprises in between to make it more exciting.

Here's wishing for an entertaining season 4, and may the best man/woman win!  :datass:

• Like 2

YAAAS this is my favorite show! I'm glad to see them back but mostly glad for Jinho:) This might be unpopular opinion but I also wanted to see Gura again ..hehe

Hopefully I want players to be more honest with themselves in this season. I thought Season 3 players were generally too kind and nice that it didn't show enough of human nature. I want drama and betrayal! :megusta:

• Like 1

I vote for Lee Junseok because I think he might be the dark horse that we haven't been aware.

Oh, there is one thing that I always wonder. Since many people said that this might be the last season of The Genius (cuz its name is Grand Final, duh), I will be really sad if this myth is true. 

Any ideas, guys?

I vote for Lee Junseok because I think he might be the dark horse that we haven't been aware.

Oh, there is one thing that I always wonder. Since many people said that this might be the last season of The Genius (cuz its name is Grand Final, duh), I will be really sad if this myth is true. 

Any ideas, guys?

Nah when there's demand, there will be supply. This is probably one of tvN's most successful variety show. No way they would end something so successful. 

I'm rooting for hyunmin! :)  A little worried this season would get too political and ugly. Definitely do not wish for season 2 to repeat itself. 

Nah when there's demand, there will be supply. This is probably one of tvN's most successful variety show. No way they would end something so successful. 

I'm rooting for hyunmin! :)  A little worried this season would get too political and ugly. Definitely do not wish for season 2 to repeat itself. 

You're right. They even halt SNL Korea for 3 months to make place for Genius. This show is crucial for a cable channel like TvN.

Agree, I hate season 2 so much that I don't even bother to watch it again. I like some games in season 2, though the game play is bleh. Twist, betrayal and drama could be interesting but they could be annoying at the same time.

Hyunmin is a potential winner too. And he is cute :chu:

Edited by OwO Baby

Even if this is really the end of The Genius series, I think they will make another program with a similar concept, since it is one of their popular show.

It will depend on the games but I think there's slim chance that Season 3 players will create alliances among themselves.

I'm kinda worried as well that the minions players will group and attack the season winners, since they can be seen as the stronger player and they want to get rid of them early.

JDM might group with people he know he can trust, would be good if he can get Kim Kyungran, Lee Junseok and Yoo Junghyun on his side.

Yoohyun might want to approach him as well but he's almost as crafty as Kyunghoon - it's hard to trust him >.<

Then I think Hyunmin will test the waters and try to approach the stronger players from S1 and 2, possibly Jinho.

The danger players will be Lee Sangmin, Im Yohwan and Kim Kyunghoon. I'd be weary of them if they're in your team >.<

Anyways the best of luck to all of them! So excited!!

Edit: not to nag or complain, but the first page looks a bit bland.. I was expecting a huge pic of Bandage Man  :smile:

Edited by Dm.J
  • Like 3

Even if this is really the end of The Genius series, I think they will make another program with a similar concept, since it is one of their popular show.

It will depend on the games but I think there's slim chance that Season 3 players will create alliances among themselves.

I'm kinda worried as well that the minions players will group and attack the season winners, since they can be seen as the stronger player and they want to get rid of them early.

JDM might group with people he know he can trust, would be good if he can get Kim Kyungran, Lee Junseok and Yoo Junghyun on his side.

Yoohyun might want to approach him as well but he's almost as crafty as Kyunghoon - it's hard to trust him >.<

Then I think Hyunmin will test the waters and try to approach the stronger players from S1 and 2, possibly Jinho.

The danger players will be Lee Sangmin, Im Yohwan and Kim Kyunghoon. I'd be weary of them if they're in your team >.<

Anyways the best of luck to all of them! So excited!!

Edit: not to nag or complain, but the first page looks a bit bland.. I was expecting a huge pic of Bandage Man  :smile:

Yeah, Hyunmin said he want to team up with Jinho in S3. So, I guess it will happen in this season (please let it happen). Jungmoon is almost definitely siding with Jinho.

Kyungran will side with Sangmin. 

Yoohyun, Yeonseong, Junseok, Junghyun will test the water.

Yoohwan and Kyunghon can destory themselves for all I care. Obviously, not a big fan of their plays. At least, Sangmin's plays always serve purpose. I don't even understand Yoohwan and Kyunghoon. Wait, at least Yoohwan is actually smart. What is Kyunghoon doing? So, frustrating.

I really want to see how JDM challenges Sangmin in term of social skill. Both of them are good at reading people eventhough Sangmin is slightly better. 

What is interesting is I think S4 has more individual type of player than previous seasons. So, it may give extra challenge to people who rely on their social skill. 

CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by brainwicked
  • Like 1