Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MiaSanMia

Disc So People are Saying Taylor Swift Paid "Homage" to 2NE1? What do you think?

i think we all know who did it better

tumblr_n29fx2ef3V1s4w76ko1_500.gif

2ne1 created sci-fi and hip-hop, dont you know that 

she probably watched come back home and found the video cool and then got inspired by it (who knows and no one will care other than people who are aware of 2NE1)

but yea someone mentioned how the mvs were similar (main reason why i even decided to 

watch ts mv) and it does remind me of cbh mv

That's typical utopic shit tho.

Why am I getting negged? Haven't you guys watched films or read books about utopic societys? Control + the cities + the experiments + revolutions are the basic. There's literally nothing original.

I haven't seen taylor's mv so I can't say but they look similar based on those gifs

But does Taylor even know who 2ne1 is

LMFAO, this theme is seen in so many things, these images are all your typical sci-fi utopian world things. I doubt it's a homage but it'd be cool if it was. 

From SISTAR to 4minute & countless others paying homage to 2NE1, now Taylor Swift is doing it too!

Damn, 2NE1's influence doesn't know any limits.

the mv in general gave me a kpop vibe

and especially when it's laid out like that it really looks similar

and people try to claim the Wonder  Girl's had no impact. Even their english release Like Money holds power over the industry

If we assume this is true then there are two scenarios that are likely the reason for the comparisons.

1. Taylor likes 2NE1 and sought inspiration from CBH.

2. The director likes 2NE1 and sought inspiration from CBH.

There is a 3rd option, one that I was leaning towards until I saw Taylors MV, which was this is all purely coincidental as sci-fi MV's are nothing new.

I'm leaning more towards option 2 as MV's have directors and they are usually the ones who create the storyboards for these videos. There are plenty of scenes that are reminiscent of other movies and sci-fi tropes as well, but the comparison scenes in the OP indicate inspiration of some sort, by someone, was used from CBH.