Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Holke

Announcement OH!Press is hiring!

!!!

We are happy to announce that we will be adding members to our press team to expand the OneHallyu blog (Wow!). We’re looking for creative and enthusiastic members of the community that want to add fresh content related to the Asian entertainment topics that create buzz on the forums. If you have passion for writing or enjoy blogging, OH!Press is the perfect place for you to press the limits of your creativity!

Requirements

• Applicants must have writing samples or be able to produce some in a timely fashion.

• Writers must be able to meet deadlines.

• All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated.

• Writers are expected to write articles about a wide range of topics. Please be able to write about something that may be outside of your own interests.

Form

Username:

How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:

Do you have previous writing experience? If so, please elaborate:

Do you have previous blogging experience? If so, on what platform?:

Are you able to post once a week?:

Do you have Skype?:

What topics are you the most passionate about that you may want to write on the blog?:

Please provide at least 2 writing samples. Please include links to individual pieces written by you or include them within your application. If you write regularly for a blog, please include that information and specify what to read.:

Please send your completed application form to @Holke in a private message with the title “OneHallyu Press Applicationâ€! Any pressing concerns can be posted here or messaged to me! Thank you!

*Deadline for all applications is Sunday, June 7th*

Edited by Holke
  • Like 8

What would we have to write about?

The topics would vary depending on what's hot on the forums, but we encourage you to write about the things you like if you have an abundance of ideas. However, all things will be closely related to Asian entertainment.

Can I have a link to the blog please? 

http://blog.onehallyu.com/

I might apply

You should  :smile:

do we get paid?  :ilove:

Money? No. You get paid in SELF SATISFACTION!  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Ohhhh! I might apply, been keeping an eye out for a possible press recruitment since it was formed!~

Do it  :ahmagah:

I love writing and voice out my opinions. Might as well try this

But I hope OH!Press could open up more. Maybe a press on OneHallyu's itself, music releases review (ofc), movie review, health and lifestyle tid bits, sports update, just everything in general

But if it was me, I am more to OP-ED so maybe I won't make the cut

Good luck to all applicants! :hoplz:

OP-ED's are what I'm really shooting for. You have the right ideas. Apply!

I'd like to try! But I guess I'm not really sure what would be expected in terms of content.

And what are you guys looking for in terms of the writing sample? An opinion piece? A news bulletin? 

Ah, really anything that showcases your writing skill. It could even be a story.

No applications for junior moderator?  :rlytearpls:

This is sort of the same thing, right? No? Oh.

So tempting... but I haven't been on onehallyu long, would that be a problem?

That's not a problem! Just fill out the form and send it on over to me :)

I wrote for my college newspaper. Am i allowed to link you to the online editions of my articles in that as a sample?

That's fine!

Any updates on the process as of now?  :stare:

We're reading apps and doing our first round of voting! Don't worry :)

Sign in to follow this