OneHallyu

First Gen Idols Performances in North Korea

craptelly

Sechs Kies and fin.K.L went there in 1999 while Baby V.O.X. and Shinhwa went there in 2003.

Sechs Kies

fin.K.L

Baby V.O.X.

Shinhwa

==

Ock Joohyun said in Come to Play that back then their passports were confiscated and any speech error they made would be noted.. and if they made too much, their passports won't be given back and they would be held captive.

It really feels scary but during those days, NK and SK were working for bringing peace and thus a part of it was holding joint concerts.. x x

Ock Joohyun said in Come to Play that back then their passports were confiscated and any speech error they made would be noted.. and if they made too much, their passports won't be given back and they would be held captive.

then why would they accept doing these performances? it's insane tbqh 

That's insane!

Perfect Man is still a perfect song

then why would they accept doing these performances? it's insane tbqh 

I don't think it's up to them though... and I read somewhere that back then North and South were actually trying to make things better but it's a bit of a blur to me now, I've forgotten the details... I'll try to find that source again.

EDIT: Here are some links that give more light in the matter...

http://15cwd.pa.go.kr/english/president/policy_series/ps2_a.php

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/1999/11/24/1999112461383.html

Archived