Jump to content
OneHallyu Will Be Closing End Of 2023 ×
OneHallyu

Konami delists itself from New York Stock Exchange + cancels Guillermo del Toro's Silent Hills game


Mandilinn

Recommended Posts

CDnRw9fWIAIVtzr.jpg:large

 

Konami today voluntarily delisted itself from the New York Stock Exchange, effective April 24.

 

Konami first notified investors of plans to delist in November and filed the notice on April 1, according to SEC documents. In today's filing, Konami notes that 99.71 percent of the trading of the company's stock over the past year occurred in Japan and London.

 

In the April 1 filing, Konami officials said the decision to delist the company from the New York Stock Exchange was a cost savings measure. U.S. regulatory compliance costs the company a minimum of $5 million a year, analyst Michael Pachter told Polygon.

 

Konami remains listed in London and Toyko, and shares can still be traded in the U.S. on the over-the-counter market, according to the release.

 

It's unclear what if any impact this might have on the company moving forward. In today's release, Konami officials wrote that the company will still share financial statements and other information in english, though they will no longer be obligated to under the Exchange Act.

 

The company will be deregistered with the SEC effective July 12, reporting obligations will be terminated July 23.

 

The news comes hours after the company confirmed that it had killed off Silent Hills, the latest in the survival horror franchise. The game was to involve the work of Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro and feature the likeness of Norman Reedus.

 

Last month, Konami removed Kojima's name and the Kojima Productions logo from the official Metal Gear Solid websites, Twitter accounts and marketing materials. That spawned reports that Kojima would be leaving the publisher for whom he has worked his entire career.

 


Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503893/konami-delists-itself-from-new-york-stock-exchange


Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're also removing the demo (P.T.) from PSN. 

NOOOOOOOO!

 

When will they do this?! I don't have the game demo on my PS!!

 

oprah-6.gif

 

 

This game could have been their saving grace, do they not see that? The hype built around it was superb, I came across plenty of people who got into the Silent Hill series because of that demo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like i already said to Mandi,i don't see a bright future for Konami. The departure of Kojima is a bit shot to fall for them and the decision to cancel this game is not really good looking for them....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NOOOOOOOO!

 

When will they do this?! I don't have the game demo on my PS!!

 

oprah-6.gif

 

 

This game could have been their saving grace, do they not see that? The hype built around it was superb, I came across plenty of people who got into the Silent Hill series because of that demo.

 

Well, they fired Hideo Kojima, the developer, not that long ago, so I kind of suspected it would happen.

 

Shame =/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Back to Top