leo ieiri jpop perfection

62 replies to this topic

#21 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

Has anyone listened to her new album? How is it compared to her first?

#22 Timmeon

Timmeon

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Has anyone listened to her new album? How is it compared to her first?

I have. I was pretty disappointed, thb. Many of the new songs are kinda bland. Most of the first half of the album sounds very same-y. The second half is better but overall I find it much weaker than the first album.

That being said, there are still 3-4 new songs on there, that are quite exquisite.

#23 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

I have. I was pretty disappointed, thb. Many of the new songs are kinda bland. Most of the first half of the album sounds very same-y. The second half is better but overall I find it much weaker than the first album.
That being said, there are still 3-4 new songs on there, that are quite exquisite.

Thanks, I saw the sales werent as good as her first but I was kind of expecting that for her second album, there didn't seem to be the break out song like Sabrina or Shine.

Which songs do you think stand out most from the new album? Ive always like Chocolate since she performed it live before it was even a single but I havent heard many others.

#24 Timmeon

Timmeon

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:45 AM (Edited by Timmeon, 18 March 2014 - 05:46 AM.)

Thanks, I saw the sales werent as good as her first but I was kind of expecting that for her second album, there didn't seem to be the break out song like Sabrina or Shine.

Which songs do you think stand out most from the new album? Ive always like Chocolate since she performed it live before it was even a single but I havent heard many others.

From the new ones (excluding singles) I really like Too Many, Free and Kibou no Chikyu. Especially Kibou is interesting because there are country instruments in it. Lay Down and Papa&Mama are decent. The rest of the new ones I find kinda boring. 

And then there's Tayou no Megami of course which was her best single in the past year, imo.

Btw, do you know that there is a different version of Chocolate on the album? The use of instruments is heavier on the album version.

#25 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

From the new ones (excluding singles) I really like Too Many, Free and Kibou no Chikyu. Especially Kibou is interesting because there are country instruments in it. Lay Down and Papa&Mama are decent. The rest of the new ones I find kinda boring.
And then there's Tayou no Megami of course which was her best single in the past year, imo.

Btw, do you know that there is a different version of Chocolate on the album? The use of instruments is heavier on the album version.

No, I didnt know, thats another reason to check it out. I was going to buy the album when it came out but I just fell behind with a lot of jpop music recently and completely forgot about it. I'll look out for those songs you mentioned too, thanks.

#26 Bom

Bom

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Anyone heard Junjou? 

I personally love it.. ^_^

#27 Bom

Bom

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

She needs more love!!

#28 Timmeon

Timmeon

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:41 PM (Edited by Timmeon, 04 August 2014 - 07:41 PM.)

Two songs from one of her concerts. Need to find the whole footage of this asap.

https://www.dailymot...kimi-dake_music

https://www.dailymot...leo-hello_music

So beautiful! :rlytearpls:

#29 pinkmelodiagirl

pinkmelodiagirl

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

what what? she is 18 and is 94 liner? O.O she should be 20

#30 Bom

Bom

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

what what? she is 18 and is 94 liner? O.O she should be 20

She was born December 13, 1994, which makes her 19, turning 20 in December.

I think.

#31 aquarius-me

aquarius-me

Trainee

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

The only song I've heard from her is 'Bless You' cause my friend introduced her to me. I love that song, but I couldn't be stuffed listening to her other songs. XD

I don't know about you, but I find Leo really pretty. Her eyes speaks to me. And her rounded face is so cute.  :ilove: She hardly ever smiles though. Hm. Makes her seem very mysterious.

Because of that, I will always treasure this pic of her:

w600c-e_1466016.jpg

#32 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

Any updates on her or a potential new album?

#33 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Any updates on her or a potential new album?

You know, I figured you would be a Leo fan lol. 

Anyway the album came out last week. I just finished listening to it and it's kind of meh to me. Meh to alright. Some good songs but it has a lot of slow to mid-tempo mellow songs and that's not what i like from her (I really like "Little Blue" though). 

#34 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

You know, I figured you would be a Leo fan lol.

Anyway the album came out last week. I just finished listening to it and it's kind of meh to me. Meh to alright. Some good songs but it has a lot of slow to mid-tempo mellow songs and that's not what i like from her (I really like "Little Blue" though).

I'm sooo put of the loop on jpop. Didn't see this message till now and I never knew anything about the new album. Got to add it to my must listen list now!

#35 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

I'm sooo put of the loop on jpop. Didn't see this message till now and I never knew anything about the new album. Got to add it to my must listen list now!

The release thread is good to check to see if any releases interest you or if you missed one that you might like. http://onehallyu.com...release-thread/

It is hard to keep up though. I think everybody agrees on that. 

#36 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

The release thread is good to check to see if any releases interest you or if you missed one that you might like. http://onehallyu.com...release-thread/

It is hard to keep up though. I think everybody agrees on that.

Yeah I'll check that out. For me I've just been focused on Mandarin and Cantonese music, Japanese and Korean music kind of got left behind. I need to make more of an effort though because I must have missed a ton of great songs and just releases in general from ppl I like, such as Ieiri haha,

#37 Bom

Bom

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

Her new single looks so promising! Sounds like a great song.

#38 MimiB

MimiB

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationIn Total Space

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

I just fell in love with her love

#39 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

I've just bought her greatest hits album Type A with the love concert DVD. Really looking forward to watching it.

I wish the case was more elaborate or bigger though. I guess I've been spoilt by kpop packaging.

#40 Lightning

Lightning

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Leo Ieiri's new album 'Time' will be released on February 21st 2018.

You can see images of the album covers at her official Instagram. I don't think they are the best. The fact that she's sleeping in one of them kind of sums up my feeling but I am very excited for this album.

https://www.instagra...e7pshrtj/?hl=en

Up, Up and Away!