Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
VANTE

The Official Mental and Physical Health Support Thread [PLEASE READ OP]

This might seem silly compared to what others are going through, but I've been struggling with my body image for years. I have OCD (real, life-inhibiting OCD), and I think maybe this is part of it. I've literally lost friends over this.

Anyway, I don't feel ugly. I just feel not important. Like others view me less because I'm not good looking.

It got better because I got a bf (literally the best-looking guy I've ever seen), and I know he loves me, but when I tell him how I feel, he just says, "You're not ugly." If I say something like, "But not handsome" or "not your type," he just says something like, "don't think too much. you're not ugly" or "but you treat me well" which really makes me think even he doesn't find me physically pleasing.

And, as trivial as that sounds, it just makes me feel awful. I had gotten better for a while, but my dad was diagnosed with cancer recently, and I've just gotten really depressed. Whenever I get depressed, my mind just focuses on my appearance, and I'll usually lose a few friends by arguing. I just blocked a friend of four years today.

I just don't know what to do. I kind of feel like my depression is really about my dad, but I don't want to think about that, so I'm deflecting it somewhere else. On the other, I really am bothered my bf won't give me any type of compliments on my appearance.

Anyway, sorry, I know it's dumb. I just wanted to get it out there in hopes I will feel better. My dad's having a major surgery tomorrow, so maybe that's what triggered my depression today.

I hope all y'all are okay.

This might seem silly compared to what others are going through, but I've been struggling with my body image for years. I have OCD (real, life-inhibiting OCD), and I think maybe this is part of it. I've literally lost friends over this.

Anyway, I don't feel ugly. I just feel not important. Like others view me less because I'm not good looking.

It got better because I got a bf (literally the best-looking guy I've ever seen), and I know he loves me, but when I tell him how I feel, he just says, "You're not ugly." If I say something like, "But not handsome" or "not your type," he just says something like, "don't think too much. you're not ugly" or "but you treat me well" which really makes me think even he doesn't find me physically pleasing.

And, as trivial as that sounds, it just makes me feel awful. I had gotten better for a while, but my dad was diagnosed with cancer recently, and I've just gotten really depressed. Whenever I get depressed, my mind just focuses on my appearance, and I'll usually lose a few friends by arguing. I just blocked a friend of four years today.

I just don't know what to do. I kind of feel like my depression is really about my dad, but I don't want to think about that, so I'm deflecting it somewhere else. On the other, I really am bothered my bf won't give me any type of compliments on my appearance.

Anyway, sorry, I know it's dumb. I just wanted to get it out there in hopes I will feel better. My dad's having a major surgery tomorrow, so maybe that's what triggered my depression today.

I hope all y'all are okay.

Hey, nothing you may have to say is dumb or unimportant, alright? As long as it's bothering you, it will always be important.

In regards of the first part, I don't think there's much I can say since I haven't gone through something like that personally, but... maybe you should talk more in deep with your boyfriend about how you feel. No matter how ridiculous you think it could be to mention this to him, it's always important to talk about what bothers us or makes us feel bad in any way.

Dealing the perspective of a family member having cancer isn't easy, I understand that really well so, it's normal to feel sad, anxious, desperate and frustrated with the situation. Just remember that his fight just started, and he can win it. I'll be hoping for your father's surgery to go the best way possible! Take care, alright?

• Like 1

Hey, nothing you may have to say is dumb or unimportant, alright? As long as it's bothering you, it will always be important.

In regards of the first part, I don't think there's much I can say since I haven't gone through something like that personally, but... maybe you should talk more in deep with your boyfriend about how you feel. No matter how ridiculous you think it could be to mention this to him, it's always important to talk about what bothers us or makes us feel bad in any way.

Dealing the perspective of a family member having cancer isn't easy, I understand that really well so, it's normal to feel sad, anxious, desperate and frustrated with the situation. Just remember that his fight just started, and he can win it. I'll be hoping for your father's surgery to go the best way possible! Take care, alright?

Thanks. I've talked about it with him before, and he just gets annoyed and says I think too much. I probably am.

Yeah, it's just one of those things I never thought would happen. My dad had 16 heart attacks seven years ago, and that was rough because he was in a coma for over a month. After he made it through that, only 10% of his heart worked, but I always thought we were in the clear as long as we watched his diet and stuff. Never thought anything like this would happen.

The doctors say he has a good chance of pulling through (which is a blessing), but he starts chemo and radiation together soon, and from what I've heard, it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Thanks for writing back.

It's that sometimes I feel like the jokes or teasing that I do can be too much for them. Bcz for me it's this way. I'm sensitive and fragile as hell. No one would cry bcz of being teased (if it was irl I would just hide inside rather than cry tho lol I'm not that spoiled)

Plus it's that my friend found another friend and seems to love her more than he loves me TT

The other big problem is that talk abt sexual stuff and more hurts me to a certain high level bcz of a bad experience i had in early teenage days. I feel like a horrible human being to tell them not talk abt it. Like who am i to do that?

No, lots of poeple can be hurt when they are teased, depends the tease and if its often or not.

Your maybe not fragile to it normaly but u said it yourself, lately your hurt and its not like it should be.

If u think its the same for your friends and they dont like so much when y'all do jokes and tease each other why not say it, you can voice it.

You dont have to take it for yourself, between friends we can be open and say if smtg is hard or bothering.

The same goes for the subject, the sexual allusion.

It touch you particulary and makes you uneasy because its related in smtg hard in your memory (im really sorry for this part, if you want to talk about it you can pm me anytime)

But your friends know nothing about it, and maybe you dont want to tell them what hurts you but it will always be an incompréhension between you and them then.

You have the right to tell them your not good with subjects like this, everybody is différent at certain level, nobody have the same expérience, the same scars.

Your not an horrible human being at all, you have the right to say your not good, that you feel bad and if smtg disturb you.

But really, maybe try to have a more profond discussion with your friends, they care for you, you dont have to tell everything, but you cant let it stay like this, it hurts you too much.

Your friend found an other friend and your a bit jaleous because you think he loves her more ?

Hmm but you said it, its a new friend so it will be normal if they talk maybe a bit more, they dont know each other so well.

It doesnt means at all that he loves her more then you at all.

You can like/love a new person but you dont have to forget the others. A friend, a real friend will stay behind you no matter what.

And hey why not try to learn this new person yourself ?

To make her a friend too for you, sometimes you can have really good suprise in life, its just a question to let go a bit and open up smile.png

Thanks, you're too kind. I'll probably end up being too shy to message you out of nowhere, another big issue of me but maybe i can overcome that. And you can also message me if you ever need someone to talk smile.png

No need to be shy smile.png

And ty i take your words if i need to talk myself !!

Edited by Lusciღ
  • Like 2

Thanks. I've talked about it with him before, and he just gets annoyed and says I think too much. I probably am.

Yeah, it's just one of those things I never thought would happen. My dad had 16 heart attacks seven years ago, and that was rough because he was in a coma for over a month. After he made it through that, only 10% of his heart worked, but I always thought we were in the clear as long as we watched his diet and stuff. Never thought anything like this would happen.

The doctors say he has a good chance of pulling through (which is a blessing), but he starts chemo and radiation together soon, and from what I've heard, it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Thanks for writing back.

I don’t have much to offer in terms of advice but I just wanted to say I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad’s health issues, and I will be hoping for the best for him. I’m also open to talk if you need to. 

I have heard things like "you can't do anything", "no one will notice you", "you're eccentric" or told "no you have to do this or that"...since i was a kid. I didn't care about it at that time. But it has affected me from day to day. Now i'm struggling.

Feels like I've been treated like shit lately, today being a shit day and that probably didn't help me. I usually just take it all upon myself and repress those feelings, but sometimes I wonder if people doesn't understand I have feeling too? I just smile and go on like nothing happened, like i'm fine being laugh at even when i'm serious about my problems, but just constantly and also being push-out because of it, cause i'm too different, cause i'm not taken seriously? I'm just tired of it.

I have been reaching for help before. A lot of really horrible things happened in my life and it's affecting my diligence as well. I lost someone who was very close to me, his funeral is soon... Because of that life/pause it created, I had to take care of everything, I have to deal with a bunch or school works that are long overdue in top of the one I have right now. I am stressed about my future and just too tired all the time cause i'm just too stressed, making me sleep a lot. Sleeping depress me, cause when I sleep I dream and I always remember my dreams. They are perfect and it makes it unbearable waking up everyday to see that everything was just the product of my imagination, that I have to wake up of bed...

I don't know if it's because i'm just highly disappointed with a lot of things recently, maybe people will think I overreact, but I just need a break of that constant messing around with me. I told them it was not ok, that it hurts me, that I hate being this pushed out. Yet, it will always stays like this. It's just horrible when you share those things and they act like nothing happened. That it's just a small phase, that it's OK. Not honey it's not. 

Anyway, I needed to share all of it cause it was eating me inside. I just don't know what I should do about it, just let it cold down or telling people that the jokes are making me feel like shit again and again just to be ignored the day after? I have absolutely 0 time to see someone, I don't think the person at my school is a proper therapist and I will probably need to pay to see one, which I just can't afford at the moment. 

• Like 3

I have heard things like "you can't do anything", "no one will notice you", "you're eccentric" or told "no you have to do this or that"...since i was a kid. I didn't care about it at that time. But it has affected me from day to day. Now i'm struggling.

If you do, see, hear smtg all your childhood its normal that this speech is deep in you now, and dat it bridle you.

Why had your family, i guess its them, not more confidence in you ?

Maybe for a part it was because they were worried and i hope its this but in what you have write they took you really down.

Now you doubt of yourself and you are not good in your life, its totally normal.

But now,  you have to decide for yourself, to overcome this little by little.

Its really hard to try to cut with a part of your past but its a part that follow you and is only hurting you.

This struggle is not over but you have to take it on the other side, to tell yourself you want and u can !!!!

The only limit is you, you have to see where your force will lead you. 

Dont take the words of poeple hurting you for smtg writted in the marble, it will have importance only if you give it some.

Try to believe in you, you can do more then you will ever think, we all can ♥ï¸

Feels like I've been treated like shit lately, today being a shit day and that probably didn't help me. I usually just take it all upon myself and repress those feelings, but sometimes I wonder if people doesn't understand I have feeling too? I just smile and go on like nothing happened, like i'm fine being laugh at even when i'm serious about my problems, but just constantly and also being push-out because of it, cause i'm too different, cause i'm not taken seriously? I'm just tired of it.

I have been reaching for help before. A lot of really horrible things happened in my life and it's affecting my diligence as well. I lost someone who was very close to me, his funeral is soon... Because of that life/pause it created, I had to take care of everything, I have to deal with a bunch or school works that are long overdue in top of the one I have right now. I am stressed about my future and just too tired all the time cause i'm just too stressed, making me sleep a lot. Sleeping depress me, cause when I sleep I dream and I always remember my dreams. They are perfect and it makes it unbearable waking up everyday to see that everything was just the product of my imagination, that I have to wake up of bed...

I don't know if it's because i'm just highly disappointed with a lot of things recently, maybe people will think I overreact, but I just need a break of that constant messing around with me. I told them it was not ok, that it hurts me, that I hate being this pushed out. Yet, it will always stays like this. It's just horrible when you share those things and they act like nothing happened. That it's just a small phase, that it's OK. Not honey it's not. 

Anyway, I needed to share all of it cause it was eating me inside. I just don't know what I should do about it, just let it cold down or telling people that the jokes are making me feel like shit again and again just to be ignored the day after? I have absolutely 0 time to see someone, I don't think the person at my school is a proper therapist and I will probably need to pay to see one, which I just can't afford at the moment. 

Hey ma belle â¤ï¸

We talk lots already, i know how you are hurt and how its hard for you lately,  maybe you want to talk with someone else from here too.

We can talk anytime you know where iam, im always here for you, je suis avec toi ~

• Like 1

Hey ma belle â¤ï¸

We talk lots already, i know how you are hurt and how its hard for you lately,  maybe you want to talk with someone else from here too.

We can talk anytime you know where iam, im always here for you, je suis avec toi ~

Thanks Lulu. I feel like I have been exaggerating my problems, I think it was just maybe a very shitty day. Re-reading my messy essay uuuh

I'll get through this as always.  â¤ï¸

Edited by Beâ„“â„“a
  • Like 1

I don’t have much to offer in terms of advice but I just wanted to say I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad’s health issues, and I will be hoping for the best for him. I’m also open to talk if you need to. 

Thank you. He's recovering from his first surgery now. My brother's moving back in to help everyone take care of him. I'm only 23. It feels too young to have to take care of my parents, but I'm hopeful we'll pull through okay.

I've been thinking about it for a period of time, and i think i might lack emotions and i cant tell if i have a problem, i dont cry at all (even when a close relative died i didnt shed a tear which was so weird for me), when i get mad or sad im usually fine again in a matter of 2 hours or after taking a nap, but lately it takes more, idk i always feel like its fine, it happenss, but im scared that i might not realise i have a problem. I dont even know how should i tell about it for people to be able to advice me.

i post in here a lil bit ago things ab how i had been feeling like...suicidal and stuff. and im feeling better these days. the thoughts arent non existent, but way less frequent... but the last few days, i cant get over the numb feeling i have.

basically, ab a week ago. i had an altercation at work with a coworker, that ended up with me sitting outside crying for 2 hrs (with my managers permission) before going home. i dont think i should say too much detail, but basically my coworker ended up yelling at me that im crazy & "what the fuck is wrong with you". and this coworker, i never had personal problems with, but she is friends with other coworkers who've been bullying me for 2 yrs now, and just a lot of other ppl who works there. even tho my managers make effort to separate us from eachother, i still have this overwhelming anxiety ab what her friends are going to do to me. because in 2 yrs it hasnt stopped-- i dont think it will now. and it hurts bc these ppl are rly the ones that pushes me over the edge.

i also have like...no one i am really comfortable talking to . my friends...i dont really have any anymore. my friends were fighting a lot in the last few months, and ab a month ago, i just realized..i cant take it anymore, theyre just so nasty to eachother & im tired of being in the middle.but im feeling guilty ab it honestly. ive known them since 5 yrs ago, and i have a lot of moments were i go w/o speaking to them for months (bc of my avpd, there are months that i just dont talk to any1) i feel like im a bad person & friend, to do that to them...but i just dont think i can handle being around them again. i just cant handle it.... its prob dumb. just cant handle drama anymore

i guess i type this here because i dont rly have any you know, really close friend that id usually vent to..sry. i have a few people i talk to, but i try not to vent ab my life because i dont want to put pressure on them to try to help me... it also makes me feel bad to vent online too because i feel like im annoying and a bother to who see it, but thanks to any1 here.

Edited by nations oppa

I hate myself tbvh. Clearly,

I'm not made for this world and vice versa.

i'll write somethings here because i'm in bad mood again. I'm a failure, i hate myself, a total mess. What am i living for ? Who am i living for ? I just want to end myself right now but i have to stay alive atleast for now. living for nothing make me tired, i'm just not made for this world

Edited by Yuki Michiyo

i'll write somethings here because i'm in bad mood again. I'm a failure, i hate myself, a total mess. What am i living for ? Who am i living for ? I just want to end myself right now but i have to stay alive atleast for now. living for nothing make me tired, i'm just not made for this world

Before I say anything else, I'd like to thank you for continuing to stay alive. Life is hard, and in no way can anyone deny this harsh truth. But please do remember that I am here, and the other members are also here for you. 

Don't be shy about writing some of your personal problems here. I'd like to think us humans as buckets. Day after day, we encounter problems that are metaphorical to water. The problems vary from a single drip to a liter of water all emptied at once. At some point in our lives, these buckets will be filled, so the only thing we can do is to pour these unnecessary water unto something else. I'm glad you found a way to unpack your burden.

You are in no way a failure. Sure, you may have made hundreds or even thousands of mistakes but the only important thing is that you're still here. It takes a lot of courage to continue living in a world where nothing matters anymore. You're a strong person for continuing, for still having hope in spite of losing the will to live. Just hold on, okay? Just hold on for this time. Give it a month, or two. I promise everything will become better.

You can also PM me or anyone if you want to talk.

Stay safe, love. The world needs you.

Edited by yeppuda
  • Like 1

i post in here a lil bit ago things ab how i had been feeling like...suicidal and stuff. and im feeling better these days. the thoughts arent non existent, but way less frequent... but the last few days, i cant get over the numb feeling i have.

basically, ab a week ago. i had an altercation at work with a coworker, that ended up with me sitting outside crying for 2 hrs (with my managers permission) before going home. i dont think i should say too much detail, but basically my coworker ended up yelling at me that im crazy & "what the fuck is wrong with you". and this coworker, i never had personal problems with, but she is friends with other coworkers who've been bullying me for 2 yrs now, and just a lot of other ppl who works there. even tho my managers make effort to separate us from eachother, i still have this overwhelming anxiety ab what her friends are going to do to me. because in 2 yrs it hasnt stopped-- i dont think it will now. and it hurts bc these ppl are rly the ones that pushes me over the edge.

i also have like...no one i am really comfortable talking to . my friends...i dont really have any anymore. my friends were fighting a lot in the last few months, and ab a month ago, i just realized..i cant take it anymore, theyre just so nasty to eachother & im tired of being in the middle.but im feeling guilty ab it honestly. ive known them since 5 yrs ago, and i have a lot of moments were i go w/o speaking to them for months (bc of my avpd, there are months that i just dont talk to any1) i feel like im a bad person & friend, to do that to them...but i just dont think i can handle being around them again. i just cant handle it.... its prob dumb. just cant handle drama anymore

i guess i type this here because i dont rly have any you know, really close friend that id usually vent to..sry. i have a few people i talk to, but i try not to vent ab my life because i dont want to put pressure on them to try to help me... it also makes me feel bad to vent online too because i feel like im annoying and a bother to who see it, but thanks to any1 here.

First of all, maybe nobody told you this but I just wanna thank you for still being here. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I'd like to note that I don't have enough grasp on matters concerning work because I haven't been to one yet. The best thing here is to leave your work since you are clearly distressed by the actions of your coworkers. Being humiliated in front of others in a single occurrence is hard enough for a person, what else if that is done to you on occasional basis. However, maybe quitting your work is not a piece of cake. Other alternatives could also be confronting them (you probably already tried this); or making new friends in your workplace. Is your workplace large enough to cater to more than twenty employees? If that's the case, maybe this would work because bullies tend to target people who are isolated. Having friends in the workplace could help.

Regarding the coworker, you had a fight with, did she/he also partake in other bullying activities? Or was it only during this time? Because if it was only this time, maybe she just had a shtty day (sorry for the use of word) and unfortunately, the pent-up rage she had was poured unto you.

We grew up to adults telling us to never burn bridges. But believe me, sometimes burning bridges help us find new rivers. If you can't handle being around them again, it's best for you to just slowly stop being their friends. Or you can talk to them. There is always an option to any problem, but one should never forget an exception: you should always be your own priority. You're living in this world for yourself. 

People are just mean, wicked, immoral, petty, or shtty sometimes. I'm really sorry you encounter these types of people that rejoice in the pain of others. But guess what? You're still here! Still fighting! Still willing to find other ways. This is what makes you stronger than them.

Also, I and the other members of this thread are willing to talk to you if you want to have someone to talk to.

I hope tonight the star would shine brighter for you. 

Edited by yeppuda

I've been thinking about it for a period of time, and i think i might lack emotions and i cant tell if i have a problem, i dont cry at all (even when a close relative died i didnt shed a tear which was so weird for me), when i get mad or sad im usually fine again in a matter of 2 hours or after taking a nap, but lately it takes more, idk i always feel like its fine, it happenss, but im scared that i might not realise i have a problem. I dont even know how should i tell about it for people to be able to advice me.

Sometimes, the brain - when put into extreme pressure like grief, terror, or despair - will put itself into defense mode. You don't lack emotions, it's just that the emotions you feel are shorter compared to a normal person. (Disclaimer: due to the vagueness of the description, this comparing fact is hard to prove. Sorry) Maybe your brain decides to "shut down" these extreme emotions in a way to protect you. 

However, not feeling anything for a long period of time is a different matter.

I wish I had enough data to fully help you. ohdearplz.png  I'm sorry.

I hate myself tbvh. Clearly,

I'm not made for this world and vice versa.

Fun fact! Don't you know that a person hating themselves is considered a norm compared to a person loving themselves and not seeing any of their imperfections? 

I hope you cheered up a little bit. Let me ask you this question: What made you say you hate yourself? (Note: You can't answer with "everything". I want specific answers) And let's see if these things are legitimate reasons to hate yourself. 

I'll wait for your answer. chuplz.png

Sometimes, the brain - when put into extreme pressure like grief, terror, or despair - will put itself into defense mode. You don't lack emotions, it's just that the emotions you feel are shorter compared to a normal person. (Disclaimer: due to the vagueness of the description, this comparing fact is hard to prove. Sorry) Maybe your brain decides to "shut down" these extreme emotions in a way to protect you. 

However, not feeling anything for a long period of time is a different matter.

I wish I had enough data to fully help you. ohdearplz.png  I'm sorry.

Ahhh no need to be sorry~<3

I think you might be right tbh, i remember when my dad died in 2007 i was a huge mess for the first 2 years but slowly i started to stop being like that. I assume since i have nothing to top that pain nothing affects me for a long period of time.

I didnt know this thread existed!

Big hug to all of you! It's really nice seeing everyone being nice and supportive.

Mental disorder is really a b*tch! The fact that it is so stigmatized makes it 100x worse. So many people around you (family, friends, co-workers, classmates) might suffer from it. They seem happy on the outside but devastated on the inside.

Used to suffer from anxiety. Now it only haunts me ocassionally.

Edited by OmegaStar
  • Like 2

Edited by evermore

I don’t know why but I feel like shit honestly I took a test today which is very important like if I don’t do well on this test I have to take it again and the thing that hurts me the most is my friends were telllinf me what they wrote about because this section was about open response and I only wrote like 2 paragraphs and I feel like I didn’t answer the question long story short I feel like shit and I’m stupid

what a nice thread... I've been diagnosed with OCD and BPD a few years ago when I was hospitalized for suicidal tendencies. I'm a lot better now, but lately I've been in a rut.. I feel very lonely and depressed lately. I'm really by myself 90% of the time but there's nothing I can do it about it because I don't have many friends. I'm very shy and awkward and reserved it's not easy for me to make friends... I have a best friend who I see occasionally but he's pretty busy these days. So I really just do school work and artwork and surf the internet or play video games in my free time but I'm at the point I feel so rundown I really just don't even feel like doing anything unsure.png I feel really isolated and it's hard to talk to people. I so this thread and decided why not? I'm not suicidal and I don't want to die or anything like that but sometimes I feel like it'd be easier if I just wasn't....here. It's not like I'm making much of an impact in life anyway. Oh, well... I thought I needed to get this out somewhere. I feel like this is just part of my BPD and it'll pass soon like it always does but still... I'm having a hard time finding a psychologist or a counselor to speak to about these things... I'm in sort of a rut right now. 

what a nice thread... I've been diagnosed with OCD and BPD a few years ago when I was hospitalized for suicidal tendencies. I'm a lot better now, but lately I've been in a rut.. I feel very lonely and depressed lately. I'm really by myself 90% of the time but there's nothing I can do it about it because I don't have many friends. I'm very shy and awkward and reserved it's not easy for me to make friends... I have a best friend who I see occasionally but he's pretty busy these days. So I really just do school work and artwork and surf the internet or play video games in my free time but I'm at the point I feel so rundown I really just don't even feel like doing anything unsure.png I feel really isolated and it's hard to talk to people. I so this thread and decided why not? I'm not suicidal and I don't want to die or anything like that but sometimes I feel like it'd be easier if I just wasn't....here. It's not like I'm making much of an impact in life anyway. Oh, well... I thought I needed to get this out somewhere. I feel like this is just part of my BPD and it'll pass soon like it always does but still... I'm having a hard time finding a psychologist or a counselor to speak to about these things... I'm in sort of a rut right now.

I hope you do find help soon.

Do you do artwork alone at home? If you want to try to meet new people, then I would recommend you to join a meetup group for people who enjoy making art. Its so much easier to connect with people with shared intetests.