Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
VANTE

The Official Mental and Physical Health Support Thread [PLEASE READ OP]

The pressure to diagnose so that one can prescribe medicine is becoming ridiculous. The DSM was supposed to be an aid not a bible. People aren't paying you to put them into a drug induced coma, they're paying you to help them. Medicating someone shouldn't be the first thing that pops into your head when you meet a client for the first time, where did it all go wrong?

As the days pass it becomes easier and easier to fall back into a state I swore to myself I would never fall back to, not again (not again, and again). People don't really understand; "eat, eat, eat", "if you are not hungry then just don't eat, it's okay", "hahaha do you want to get even skinnier?", "I wish I was as skinny as you", "whatever you're doing, I want to do it too!"... I aknowledge to myself I have a problem, but part of me prefers to just ignore it. That part is okay, I can fight against that part... There is, however, that little voice, that always whispers to me... What's a meal, anyway? Just one more kg. It won't make any difference. You'll feel happier. Being small used to be the only thing I dreamt of. Now that I'm small, I'm one without a dream... Should I get even smaller? Or should I become normal-sized again, as if I'm Alice and I've been drinking from the wrong cup? I tried, I really tried. I ate more, I made a plan for myself, a schedule. In the end it's all about control, right? I think I have the control, I crave for it. am the one controlling it. I know it's not true. I know I'm being controlled, like I was controlled by others, like I was controlled by situations I didn't get to have a say in. By memories that I can never escape of. I had this beautiful dream, when I was younger, of being a bird. You eat like a bird, my mom always told me. Mom, can't you see I just wanted to fly? I never wanted to eat like birds do or be a scared animal that flies away every opportunity they have. I just wanted to choose where I fly to, and fly. But I can't fly anymore. I can't eat, and I can't fly, and now I'm here and I look at my right side and I see a door. I know it's a door you open when you want to fly away, when you feel silly and alone and you feel like no one really cares anyway. They know you, but do they? And that door, it calls you out. And maybe I should open that door. Maybe it doesn't even matter because my life has been defined by foreign spirits that were here long before me, and I'm just... Maybe I woke up in the wrong life. Maybe I woke up inside a dream, and I'm just a bird... trapped inside a human's body... waiting to just leave...

"My life is whatever the other person in the room wants it to be. Therefore, when I am alone, my life is nothing."

“He swore his love to me again and again until he finally realized that I cannot love anything right now. Falling in love is like holding a white flag out to your enemies and saying, “we give up, we’re in love.†Love is surrender.â€

I can't live well since the night I remembered it. I'm just a pretender, and I'm slowly fading away. It doesn't bother me. And that's just it: I accept it, like I would've embraced a friend I have not seen in a long time. It's calling me, and the sound of it becomes more and more like a beautiful melody I once heard and have been waiting ever since. Sometimes, I don't recognize myself in the mirror. I look at it, at her, and she looks back at me. We're not friends. I know she's just waiting. It scares me. Waiting for what?

I know that my problem is nothing compared to other people's one. It's just that it's so disheartening when the last thing you do before going home after work is listening to a person pointing out all the mistakes you made ("This? This thing doesn't exist") and how much time took to her and her colleague to correct all of them ("One hour and a half for a single month") for ten minutes. She works for the accounting office providing advice to the company I work for and I'm a maternity replacement from January 15 to the end of July, we have been knowing each other for 3 years and a half and I know she's like this, that that's her way of talking to make me understand that I made a mistake and she doesn't mean to hurt me, but she really makes me want to cry. I do feel hurt and I'm holding back tears now. She's right, I made some mistakes and I'm sorry they had to correct three months of accounting records when there's only two days left before sending datas to the revenue agency, I'll pay more attention from now on and try to reduce them as much as possible, but I don't think this is the right way to inform me of what's wrong. She does it every time we make the annual financial statement and every year I want to quit my job. She apologized once, for the first financial statement, after sending me a text saying "there's nothing right!" while I was quietly at home, causing me a mental breakdown. 

One day I'll probably tell her everything if she goes on like this.

Edited by chiyako92

fuck ADHD

I agree with you! I just was recently diagnosed with it though so still learning more but the realization of how much it's fucked up my life, it's disheartening but I'm trying to stay positive because it's the best way for me to deal. You're not alone, at least.

I love your sig and DP btw, he's a cutie! (Who is he?) 

• Like 1

I agree with you! I just was recently diagnosed with it though so still learning more but the realization of how much it's fucked up my life, it's disheartening but I'm trying to stay positive because it's the best way for me to deal. You're not alone, at least.

I love your sig and DP btw, he's a cutie! (Who is he?) 

I always knew I had it because I had an attention span of like 5 seconds and my mouth is the noisiest thing in the world. I still had myself diagnosed of course. If I didnt have it my life would be so much easier. This thing gives me a lot of anxiety and it affects my confidence. Its like the thoughts of the possible mistakes that I could make always looms over me and it scares me. 

his name is Lee Donghyuck (Haechan) of NCT127 and DREAM. Main Vocalist. <3

The amount of emptiness inside of me is so big I can feel my entire body fall asleep to the point where it hurts even writing, even having my eyes open.

If only my brain and heart could fall asleep too along with my body, and then never wake up.

Can anyone help me?

I'm currently writing a book about a top teen actor/idol that was accused of drunk driving accident and underage drinking (it's not him actually). People were hating on him and attacking him until he had to take a long hiatus and be a normal student. And it made him traumatic and had a phobia of spotlight, standing on a stage, and audience. Or basically publicity. He would get a panic attack, like rapid heart beat, shaking, sweating, dizziness, etc. Just like N Vixx in Sassy Go Go/Cheer Up. 

Can anyone tell me what's the name of the phobia? And how to cure it? Should he go to the therapist?

• Depression Hotline:1-630-482-9696
  • Suicide Hotline:1-800-784-8433
  • LifeLine:1-800-273-8255
  • Trevor Project:1-866-488-7386
  • Sexuality Support:1-800-246-7743
  • Eating Disorders Hotline:1-847-831-3438
  • Rape and Sexual Assault:1-800-656-4673
  • Grief Support:1-650-321-5272
  • Runaway:1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
  • Exhale:After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
  • Child Abuse:1-800-422-4453
  • UK Helplines:
  • Samaritans (for any problem):08457909090 e-mail [email protected]
  • Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem):08001111
  • Mind infoline (mental health information):0300 123 3393 e-mail: [email protected]
  • Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice):0300 466 6463 [email protected]
  • b-eat eating disorder support:0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: [email protected]
  • b-eat youthline (for under 25’s with eating disorders):08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
  • Cruse Bereavement Care:08444779400 e-mail: [email protected]
  • Frank (information and advice on drugs):0800776600
  • Drinkline:0800 9178282
  • Rape Crisis England & Wales:0808 802 9999 1(open 2 - 2.30pm 7 - 9.30pm) e-mail [email protected]
  • Rape Crisis Scotland:08088 01 03 02 every day, 6pm to midnight
  • India Self Harm Hotline:00 08001006614
  • India Suicide Helpline:022-27546669
  • Kids Help Phone (Canada):1-800-668-6868, Free and available 24/7
  • suicide hotlines;
  • Argentina:54-0223-493-0430
  • Australia:13-11-14
  • Austria:01-713-3374
  • Barbados:429-9999
  • Belgium:106
  • Botswana:391-1270
  • Brazil:21-233-9191
  • China:852-2382-0000
  • (Hong Kong:2389-2222)
  • Costa Rica:606-253-5439
  • Croatia:01-4833-888
  • Cyprus:357-77-77-72-67
  • Czech Republic:222-580-697, 476-701-908
  • Denmark:70-201-201
  • Egypt:762-1602
  • Estonia:6-558-088
  • Finland:040-5032199
  • France:01-45-39-4000
  • Germany:0800-181-0721
  • Greece:1018
  • Guatemala:502-234-1239
  • Holland:0900-0767
  • Honduras:504-237-3623
  • Hungary:06-80-820-111
  • Iceland:44-0-8457-90-90-90
  • India:022 2754 6669
  • Israel:09-8892333
  • Italy:06-705-4444
  • Japan:3-5286-9090
  • Latvia:6722-2922, 2772-2292
  • Malaysia:03-756-8144
  • (Singapore:1-800-221-4444)
  • Mexico:525-510-2550
  • Netherlands:0900-0767
  • New Zealand:4-473-9739
  • New Guinea:675-326-0011
  • Nicaragua:505-268-6171
  • Norway:47-815-33-300
  • Philippines:02-896-9191
  • Poland:52-70-000
  • Portugal:239-72-10-10
  • Russia:8-20-222-82-10
  • Spain:91-459-00-50
  • South Africa:0861-322-322
  • South Korea:2-715-8600
  • Sweden:031-711-2400
  • Switzerland:143
  • Taiwan:0800-788-995
  • Thailand:02-249-9977
  • Trinidad and Tobago:868-645-2800
  • Ukraine:0487-327715

Source: deadinparadice

This is very important.

If possible add it to the OP.

• Like 2

Can anyone help me?

I'm currently writing a book about a top teen actor/idol that was accused of drunk driving accident and underage drinking (it's not him actually). People were hating on him and attacking him until he had to take a long hiatus and be a normal student. And it made him traumatic and had a phobia of spotlight, standing on a stage, and audience. Or basically publicity. He would get a panic attack, like rapid heart beat, shaking, sweating, dizziness, etc. Just like N Vixx in Sassy Go Go/Cheer Up. 

Can anyone tell me what's the name of the phobia? And how to cure it? Should he go to the therapist?

Hmmmm maybe PTSD?

will add after class

i also do have a list as a resource in the op i will add this too

I always knew I had it because I had an attention span of like 5 seconds and my mouth is the noisiest thing in the world. I still had myself diagnosed of course. If I didnt have it my life would be so much easier. This thing gives me a lot of anxiety and it affects my confidence. Its like the thoughts of the possible mistakes that I could make always looms over me and it scares me. 

his name is Lee Donghyuck (Haechan) of NCT127 and DREAM. Main Vocalist. <3

Me, I was always just ditzy and daydreamed a lot. Somehow I managed to do well in school but I think that's because I had the motivation to do better than my older brother and kick his butt haha. Thing is, it started becoming more noticeable as I got older cause I could tell I wasn't quite like others my age but I never could figure out why so I sought a diagnosis. I get what you mean about the anxiety, ugh. I dwell way more on mistakes that I need to. There's actually a term for this apparently, what you described. I'll look for it for you tomorrow or this weekend since hopefully it can help us both! HUGS. We can both be scared together as we try to work through this if you'd like.

omg, no wonder he looked familiar! I just couldn't remember his name! I saw him in some NCT videos and he was soo cute! High five! <3

• Like 1

Me, I was always just ditzy and daydreamed a lot. Somehow I managed to do well in school but I think that's because I had the motivation to do better than my older brother and kick his butt haha. Thing is, it started becoming more noticeable as I got older cause I could tell I wasn't quite like others my age but I never could figure out why so I sought a diagnosis. I get what you mean about the anxiety, ugh. I dwell way more on mistakes that I need to. There's actually a term for this apparently, what you described. I'll look for it for you tomorrow or this weekend since hopefully it can help us both! HUGS. We can both be scared together as we try to work through this if you'd like.

omg, no wonder he looked familiar! I just couldn't remember his name! I saw him in some NCT videos and he was soo cute! High five! <3

Thank you!! 

It is also nice to find someone I can relate with. It's cathartic to be able to talk about it. HUGS. <3

• Like 3

It's getting really bad, i feel self-destructive and i'm trying to fight the urge. It feels hard to breath, everytime i remember i feel like i could've done things differently i should've. One moment i try to accept that the situation was out of my control and other times i blame myself hard and think of what i could've done differently to change the outcome. Things might never ever be the same again and it's partially my fault, i'm living a nightmare and staying hopeful only hurts me because at one point i'll have to accept that it's time to give up, that i don't know and won't know and that there's only much i can do...but what if i'm not doing enough? My mind is jumbled with thoughts and i can't breath, my mental and emotional state hasn't gone this bad in years, i have a terrible urge to harm myself, i just have to do something because this got out of my control and i want to feel in control somehow, i don't want to go down a self-destructive path,i don't want to go down that rabbithole again, i'm trying to hold this in as best as i could.

It's getting really bad, i feel self-destructive and i'm trying to fight the urge. It feels hard to breath, everytime i remember i feel like i could've done things differently i should've. One moment i try to accept that the situation was out of my control and other times i blame myself hard and think of what i could've done differently to change the outcome. Things might never ever be the same again and it's partially my fault, i'm living a nightmare and staying hopeful only hurts me because at one point i'll have to accept that it's time to give up, that i don't know and won't know and that there's only much i can do...but what if i'm not doing enough? My mind is jumbled with thoughts and i can't breath, my mental and emotional state hasn't gone this bad in years, i have a terrible urge to harm myself, i just have to do something because this got out of my control and i want to feel in control somehow, i don't want to go down a self-destructive path,i don't want to go down that rabbithole again, i'm trying to hold this in as best as i could.

Do you want to talk about it personally with me, dear?

Since I felt that too, and it was terrible moments for me.

Do you want to talk about it personally with me, dear?

Since I felt that too, and it was terrible moments for me.

Thank you for trying to reach out, that's kind of you ♥

I had a good cry, i'll try my best to deal with this without getting to that bad place again.

Letting it all out and expressing myself felt good for the moment, thank you

• Like 1

Thank you for trying to reach out, that's kind of you ♥

I had a good cry, i'll try my best to deal with this without getting to that bad place again.

Letting it all out and expressing myself felt good for the moment, thank you

♥ hwaiting~

whenever you need talk, just hmu, okay?

Thank you!! 

It is also nice to find someone I can relate with. It's cathartic to be able to talk about it. HUGS. <3

You’re very welcome, and it is nice! There’s something to be said about not feeling so alone. It may take me a little longer to look it up because my Grandma passed away earlier today, and first week of March is always a bad one for me for various reasons but I will find that for you! I just wanted to at least explain because I don’t want to seem like I’m ignoring you!

Hello, does anyone know an effective way to regain memory I lost from the past, I'm confused as to whether I actually did something or whether it is a false memory and I need to be able to tell if I actually did something. Please help

You’re very welcome, and it is nice! There’s something to be said about not feeling so alone. It may take me a little longer to look it up because my Grandma passed away earlier today, and first week of March is always a bad one for me for various reasons but I will find that for you! I just wanted to at least explain because I don’t want to seem like I’m ignoring you!

Condolences. Whatever reasons why March sucks will eventually go away and everything will get better. Thank you for spending time for me, honey. If you need someone to talk to you can PM me :) 

i really think im losing it this time. it feels like none of the other times. i havent gone a day without a panic attack in like the past 5 days. i break down at everything. im not completing basic tasks, tasks that even a few months ago i could have easily breezed through. i dont feel passion for anything but i feel the stress of everything. i dunno i actually kind of feel like this is some mental break or something. im not in control, i havent felt in control for the past two months. i feel like im disappointing everyone which is why im not telling my best friend this. this is kind of like..the first time that im actually scared of myself. i dont know what to do

hello, has anyone here had experience misbehaving back when they were younger, i used to misbehave until i was 13. lately, some memories have begun popping up that i might have crossed the line in the past. i need to find out if they are false memories or if they are indeed real.

Hi, I came her a few months back and found someone to dm. They were very kind to me and dmed me for a while, however it just kinda fell off because I began to feel a lot better.

However, lately I’ve just been in an awful state. I am horribly depressed and it’s only getting worse and worse. I feel like I’m losing my mind (I know I’m not) but I’m just a mess at the moment. I’ve done an okay job hiding it from people as of late, which wasn’t the case before.

Any help from anyone here would be greatly appreciated. There’s things I’d like to discuss in private, so if anyone would like to help I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much

Condolences. Whatever reasons why March sucks will eventually go away and everything will get better. Thank you for spending time for me, honey. If you need someone to talk to you can PM me :)

Aww, thank you so much! Re: that PM, I just suddenly realized that it was way too much to share, and I apologize for unloading like that. Saturday just had been an incredibly rough day and by the time I sent that long PM, I had just started feeling better hence the unloading like that. I’m still learning to dial myself back some so I don’t freak out people. Thank you for offering though, and again, I’m sorry I unloaded so much in that PM! I do appreciate you offering to take the time though. Please take care of yourself! *Hugs!* 🤗 Edited by Cat Pancakes

Hi, I came her a few months back and found someone to dm. They were very kind to me and dmed me for a while, however it just kinda fell off because I began to feel a lot better.

However, lately I’ve just been in an awful state. I am horribly depressed and it’s only getting worse and worse. I feel like I’m losing my mind (I know I’m not) but I’m just a mess at the moment. I’ve done an okay job hiding it from people as of late, which wasn’t the case before.

Any help from anyone here would be greatly appreciated. There’s things I’d like to discuss in private, so if anyone would like to help I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much

You can DM me if you haven't found any other user yet.