Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
VANTE

The Official Mental and Physical Health Support Thread [PLEASE READ OP]

Seriously enough to where ppl don't think they need to "t a l k  l i k e  t h i s" to me at least.

And what makes them see you as such according to you?

Edited by Khyler

And what makes them see you as such according to you?

Just my personality.

Wow, you should really become a therapist tbh. This is ur calling.

Just my personality.

Wow, you should really become a therapist tbh. This is ur calling.

And when are you showing some seriousness?

theres a lot of times i rant ab my job / life (on rant thread, or even to my friends) but a lot of times i find myself omitting details because im certain people will see me as psychotic. and perhaps its deserved , but i need to get it off my chest

honestly, working is hell for me. im already really unstable, but at work, it really brings it out of me/makes it worse. ive been working here for over 2 years (since late 2015) and as times go by. its just gets worse. and i cant pinpoint exactly what the problem is. i feel like its really just accumulation of all my problems.

what feels thw worst of it is ocd because my co-workers are really messy and lazy. i work in a warehouse... and theres so many ways the messyness bothers me. and it makes it worse that when i organize/clean it up, my managers will come up to me and tell me to just "focus" on my job. it just...sucks because im the one fixing people work that doesnt do their job properly. but i get scolded for trying to fix it. why cant they scold the people that dont do their job right. and i cant stand that "stop it" bc its not something i do because i feel like it. it just really bothers me, and its compulsive to fix it. i cant just turn that impulse off. but after they scold me. i dont want it to happen again, so i force myself to just focus on ,my job 100% of the time. and it really causes mental breakdowns from me because i cant stand it.

other parts of the ocd is bad for me repetitive behaviors...but also pretty bad intrusive thoughts, especially about getting hurt, or killing myself. i carry a box cutter for work. and a lot of times i fantasize about taking it out of my pocket and either cutting myself minorly or really just killing myself. or about being run over because theres a lot of crossing the street on the way to work. but its mostly just thoughts about cutting myself. i try to shake it out of my head. but it keeps coming back when i think about it. ir drives me crazy

and socially its also hard. its not just being shy or anxious really. i have pretty bad avpd.  i just cant talk to people.i want to quit but my mum says i cant. because theres no other job i can get because i cant talk to people. and while it hurts. its true. and ive already disappointed my family too much. quitting would be the last straw. i was deadbeat in highschool because i was too depressed to do any work a majority of the time. i only passed because my teachers pity me because my issues and let me hand in assignments weeks/months late (which is nonsense tbh bc i was in ap classes my final year. its pathetic) i didnt go to my graduation becauise i had a panic attack, and locked myself in my room, which my parentsalmost knocked down trying to get me out..and college - i couldnt afford the college i wanted to go/was accepted to, so i went to community college nearby, which was fine at first. but then another really bad wave of depression took over me, and i couldnt will myself to go to class anymore. i started skipping classes and at end of the 2nd term, i went to admissions with my mom to "drop out" to be told, i already had been for not going to classes.. a big part of me losing motivation to go to classes was, theres a required speech class and i just...couldnt do it. i did one presentation and my whole body was shaking the whole time. its really pathetic. its probably basis human skill to interact with others, to speak. but i just cant. and its a skill thats forever lost to me. and my coworkers -- theyre all friends, the few i have to work with everyday. and they all...dont like me, basically. the past 2+ years ive had to deal with them harassing and bullying me on a daily basis. even if they see me crying. they dont let up. they just hget worse. because they know im pathetic pos. only one of them will ask if im ok. but still most of the time, she'll be talking about me/teasing me with her friends. and everytime they hire someone knew, they just sort of "recruit" them to their group and it becomes worse. and online forums like this is probably a sactuary to other shy people. but not for me. after i make or reply to a thread or make a thread, i dont dare look at it again or my notifications,m bc i just cant handle talking to people. even online. ive just got it bad. theres no help for me. im doomed to be like this for rest of my life. stuck in shitty job & leeching off my parents.

i have really bad irritability too. i get mad pretty easily. and it causes  me to kick things (empty boxes) at work, or throw things, drop them.  and im always afraid my managers will see it and confront me (bc theres camera like everywhere ofc) and it hasnt happened yet. but...i threw something yesterday and it fell apart and broke. im not sure if they care because people break thinks a lot in here. like throw them at eachother or just spill or drop it. (a lot of times i even clean it up if i see it on the floor) but i cant handle confrontation. and it happens a lot these days. most the times, it causes no real damage im sure. but im just...anxious. i mean. yesterday what i threw def broke but whatever. i am really crazy. my stability is dissipating. im not sure if theyll confront me, but if they do. ill probably clumsily mumble about how much i hate being there.  and they wont care and will just...scold me again. and i punch myself in the head a lot, or continuously knock my head on the wall, or a metal cart. anmd i noticed my coworkers notice it. so they know im crazy. my managers prob notice it too. im just wishing they just had enough with my god damn psychotic ass and fire me or something. because theres no way ill ever be able to bring myself to quit. whatever. they prob will never. they prob just collectively talk crap about how fucked up i am like my coworkers does. sigh/

i really am messed up.lost cause. i wish i would just die already. if anyone actually read all this im sorry...and if anyoen wants to suggest meds or therapy. i did that from when i was 13-18ish. mostly because when i was 12 or 13 i told my mom i wanted to kill myself after my sister daily torment of me. if that had not happened...i dont know. i think my parents partly pity me because of it really. all these problems i have. im thankful to it in a way so i dont have to hear them always telling me to go out and get friends. because i just...cant.

im sorry to say all this mess. no one really has to reply. i prob am logging myself out of OH for awhile because i really just feel the need to seclude myself from now on. but i just needed this off my hcest in a "safe space"

Idk how are you standing financially so I won't tell you to quit your job.

Answer me this - what is your dream job? In which subjects where you the best during your school time? Many people that suck in communication are excellent writers or have some other talents in the art field. What are your interests beside kpop?

Find your passion during this hard times, something that keeps you going forward even when everything pushes you back.

Edited by masayume☆chasing

I try to at like work and stuff.

Yooooo what you're saying is too vague, like there's an lack of information which is understandable because, gotta need some privacy you know, but what I think is, every action comes with logical, natural reaction. Like there's no subconcious big theory about how everybody consciouness is interacting which each other etc. Like it's simple, if people treat you like this, it's probably because you give them this impression. If you're postuling for a fast food job and you didn't get it, you can easily reflect on yourself and see that you don't have the social skills, the technical skills,  the confidence, you didn't stand out with your experience or motivation (and maybe because the manager didn't like you, but that's another things). And now you know what you have to do, you gotta get some experience, do some meaningful volunteering, gotta push yourself a little, develop those social skills and get back at it. It's pretty much straightforward. But actually require a lot of hard works. Another example, if people doesn't want to interact with you in a party, you can reflect on yourself and see that your arms were crossed, you were constantly trying to dodge people, you were awkward and you didn't talk much or idn't seems interesting, and so, you know what you have to do and just do the things. But taking action is pretty hard, I can conceived that.

I have an example with myself, in junior school, I didn't had that much friends, but they few I had were great, and I was making mad dumb jokes, like almost all of my jokes were dumb as fck, but I was also giving a lot of advices, lot of valuable information, I was getting good grades, leading people in some situation. You gotta win some credibility, if you know how to balance the fun and serious part, there'll be no problem. You need to gain some credibility, show that you got something. You can't be all about serious, cause they'll not be your friend, and if you're just about fun, than it's one dimensional. Actually, I'll say, keep this side of you, if you're able to make people laugh, I think it's pretty valuable, now I'm suspecting that whether all your interaction are about dumb jokes or your friends are toxic. There's a big gap in your story. Like you said people don't trust you, but do you honored what you promise. 

Like there's no complex theory, unless your friends are really toxic, they're just reacting to what you gives them. So you know, reflect on yourelf, see what could be wrong, but most important, don't entirely loose your funny side, it's valuable in a friendship. 

Edited by Khyler

Sounds like you got played hun.

yeah

Yooooo what you're saying is too vague, like there's an lack of information which is understandable because, gotta need some privacy you know, but what I think is, every action comes with logical, natural reaction. Like there's no subconcious big theory about how everybody consciouness is interacting which each other etc. Like it's simple, if people treat you like this, it's probably because you give them this impression. If you're postuling for a fast food job and you didn't get it, you can easily reflect on yourself and see that you don't have the social skills, the technical skills,  the confidence, you didn't stand out with your experience or motivation (and maybe because the manager didn't like you, but that's another things). And now you know what you have to do, you gotta get some experience, do some meaningful volunteering, gotta push yourself a little, develop those social skills and get back at it. It's pretty much straightforward. But actually require a lot of hard works. Another example, if people doesn't want to interact with you in a party, you can reflect on yourself and see that your arms were crossed, you were constantly trying to dodge people, you were awkward and you didn't talk much or idn't seems interesting, and so, you know what you have to do and just do the things. But taking action is pretty hard, I can conceived that.

I have an example with myself, in junior school, I didn't had that much friends, but they few I had were great, and I was making mad dumb jokes, like almost all of my jokes were dumb as fck, but I was also giving a lot of advices, lot of valuable information, I was getting good grades, leading people in some situation. You gotta win some credibility, if you know how to balance the fun and serious part, there'll be no problem. You need to gain some credibility, show that you got something. You can't be all about serious, cause they'll not be your friend, and if you're just about fun, than it's one dimensional. Actually, I'll say, keep this side of you, if you're able to make people laugh, I think it's pretty valuable, now I'm suspecting that whether all your interaction are about dumb jokes or your friends are toxic. There's a big gap in your story. Like you said people don't trust you, but do you honored what you promise. 

Like there's no complex theory, unless your friends are really toxic, they're just reacting to what you gives them. So you know, reflect on yourelf, see what could be wrong, but most important, don't entirely loose your funny side, it's valuable in a friendship.

I do try to act serious, but most of the time I’m just brushed off bc of my reputation.

It’s fine I guess, I’d rather be known as someone who’s fun than as someone who has a stick up their ass for no reason.

yeah

Do you want to talk about it? I’ve been through a similar thing, maybe you’ll feel better.

how can I grow my confidence, one of my family members told me like " I wake like someone that doesn't care about life". For instances, if someone said something bad about me, I would throw a whole fit and get sad. Like yesterday this girl said something negative about my shoes, I know she was talking about me so I went home and cry about it. Idk why, I'm still in high school im a sophomore and I'm in a medical assisting program at my school and sometimes I get the skills wrong I always feel like im being judged, I feel like i'm not going to survive in this world If I care about every single thing someone says about me

Know that you won’t be able to please everyone, and that’s okay. When ppl say smth negative, joke about it or insult them back lol. You’ll make friends this way.

Do you want to talk about it? I’ve been through a similar thing, maybe you’ll feel better.

Know that you won’t be able to please everyone, and that’s okay. When ppl say smth negative, joke about it or insult them back lol. You’ll make friends this way.

we fixed it...its fine thanks

we fixed it...its fine thanks

What did you do? It’s good that things turned out well for you.

I just feel sick all over both mentally and physically and I don't know what I should do

Hey dear, are you okay? Wanna talk personally about this?

hello, i have a confession to make.. Im not sure if this is social anxiety or not, as far as i know i was never diagnosed with mental illness.

ive done something wrong up until last year, i used to have a habit of ignoring people, i've never insulted them or yelled at them but i just ignore them whenever they greet or talk to me. it was not because i hated them, rather it was because i thought i was not good enough for them. I swear all the people i have ignored are people who i thought were cooler than me and that i was inferior to them...unfortunately, that category included almost everyone i have met.

i did not mean to hurt them rather at the time whenever i ignored people, it gave me a sense of empowerment. i guess its kind of the equivalent of playing hard to get, except it wasn't anything romantic or flirty at all.

long story short, i feel horrible, everyone has feelings and my feelings of inferiority should not justify me hurting them in anyway. so i am sorry.

hello, does anyone here have tips on how to decrease anxiety? be less anxious? other than seeing a professional..thank you

try to consciously think the opposite of what your subconscious is telling you

for example i used to worry a lot about what i looked like, the 'anxiety voice' in my head would tell me i looked awful and everyone was gonna stare at me and judge me. To combat this i would consciously think things like "you look fine and even if you don't no one cares that much anyway" "no one will remember what you were wearing by tomorrow anyway, it's fine"

this is probably the thing that helped second best with my anxiety (first being my medication)

• Like 1

love, not everyone is perfect. Sure they look perfect but have you thought of the lengths they do to maintain that body shape? Confort food could be a problem but it could also have an upside. Inside of eating those donuts you like or that bag of chips, purge on fruit, eat those veggie chips. Even if it's not so interesting its best to finish your goal. I understand you come from a strict family, so i would think you want to show them up. Of course, if you strongly dislike it, then follow your heart and stop, find another pasion. Do what you want. Its your life. Dancing was your passion, remember what made you like it and find it, make it fun..cute, find your way. Also, comfort food, do you eat it if you're stressed about the dancing, go out for a run or eat healthy stuff like i suggested. If you keep ignoring your problem or keep eating your feelings, it will get worse and you won't have a solution. Also if this deals with depression or anxiety, talk to someone, make an appointment, it's nice to vent and find a solution or if you cant or don't want too, my pm is always open <33 i wish you the best

:( thank you so much love. Your response is perhaps one of the most heartwarming ones I've received as of lately. I'm trying to make dance my main distraction now, though for some reason my family is not happy about me wanting to return to the same academy since they want me to transfer to a normal school...it's hard, but I am willing to give it a try. I'll take your suggestions and break this cycle. Thank you for giving me hope :( <3

:( thank you so much love. Your response is perhaps one of the most heartwarming ones I've received as of lately. I'm trying to make dance my main distraction now, though for some reason my family is not happy about me wanting to return to the same academy since they want me to transfer to a normal school...it's hard, but I am willing to give it a try. I'll take your suggestions and break this cycle. Thank you for giving me hope :( <3

for me personally, I always down when I don't know how to deal with my tasks, and also k-pop is my escape. 

Do the best as if that is your way to expressing what you love, you can do it for sure.

I don't know how to say, don't let your personal issue win over your passion. 

I also once lose from my personal issue and failing my last semester, also this semester almost being a flop :rlytearpls:

Let's fighting our fight together and let's win over it! ><

how can iknow i have mental illness? i check the simpton on youtube n it seem like i have alot.. but i think..im normal...

how can iknow i have mental illness? i check the simpton on youtube n it seem like i have alot.. but i think..im normal...

What kind of mental illness that they showed to you? Also how do you analyzing yourself?

If you believe that you're normal, then positively thinking that they're just a way to check, maybe the video is not accurate <3

What kind of mental illness that they showed to you? Also how do you analyzing yourself?

If you believe that you're normal, then positively thinking that they're just a way to check, maybe the video is not accurate <3

i heard sound,but i think that just inside my head not outside

bipolar

sociopath

im dead sure all the thing they say...i pretty much done it all....but im pretty sure im normal and i feel like ppl around me are act like this too...so...if my surrounding like this...and im just like them .then im normal just like ppl around me...right?

the reason why mental issue are something that not being focus by the ppl around me is that ,i live in a develop country where they more focus on physical issue/BIG issue more then emotional/mental issue...i think we all have it,but it just we dont focus about this problem since we have other big problem then this...which i think mental problem also should be classified as a big problem, too bad ppl in my country not consider this as major problem...hey...even counselor or psychiatrist student alot of them jobless cuz it really hard to find a job in this feel and ppl dont go to counselor or psychiatrist for health help compare to doctor......and ppl in my country have other way to cope with stress such as yoga,excersice  and do spiritual and religions activities...but i too me ,they still bear alot of stress/depression and they unleash it on other

i rarely see ppl here who take drug because mental issue or eve insomnia....we take drug for heart attack,diabetes problem,gout more on physical pain problem rather then mental or feeling problem...

Edited by adina kim

i heard sound,but i think that just inside my head not outside

bipolar

sociopath

im dead sure all the thing they say...i pretty much done it all....but im pretty sure im normal and i feel like ppl around me are act like this too...so...if my surrounding like this...and im just like them .then im normal just like ppl around me...right?

Oh yes, since they offering that what is kinda similar with our daily life.

I'm pretty sure that I heard a lot inside my brain, just like now, but I believe that's side effect of hearing aid that I wear in daily activities. Also about bipolar, I'm pretty sure that I have it too, my feeling is like roller coaster, when I'm happy about something, one second after that I'm sad without knowing anything. As you're fine in your daily life, it's okay. I believe in myself, so just believe that everything is okay. 

​well hello.

It's probably an odd request, but I would like to have some guidance over something I'm going through right now. The reason why I'm asking that on a kpop forum and not with my friends or even my boyfriend is that they might have a biased opinion on what I want to know or/and see me in a different way and I really want to avoid that.

Is there someone I can pm about it that wouldn't mind being flooded over my problem ?imstupid.png  

​well hello.

It's probably an odd request, but I would like to have some guidance over something I'm going through right now. The reason why I'm asking that on a kpop forum and not with my friends or even my boyfriend is that they might have a biased opinion on what I want to know or/and see me in a different way and I really want to avoid that.

Is there someone I can pm about it that wouldn't mind being flooded over my problem ?imstupid.png

you can pm me, dear