Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
VANTE

The Official Mental and Physical Health Support Thread [PLEASE READ OP]

No disabilities but I have kidney disease im afraid for the future tbh

:omg:

No disabilities but I have kidney disease im afraid for the future tbh

Oh yeah you told me about it D: I'll pray for you T-T do you have to get surgery?

I don't suffer from a physical illness, but I do have depression and anxiety  that have at some periods in my life taken away my ability to function as a normal human being so I can sympathize with you in some ways.... I just want to say that I'm one more person who would be more than willing to hear you out when you're having a tough time.

Just letting you know in case you didn't already know, there used to be a mental illness support thread but it was closed down by the mods...

Edited by Almondandlime

Oh yeah you told me about it D: I'll pray for you T-T do you have to get surgery?

Yeah kidney transplant

Awww. Let me give you a hug. *hug* You can always go up. 

Thank you for making this thread. <3

I was born with severe hearing loss. I wear hearing aids in both ears and soon I will have to get implants because my hearing is reaching the profound levels. It's frustrating at times and I rely on others a lot and watch movies with CC. I actually stopped seeing someone simply because they were super adamant about not using captions on movies and always yelling at me in a rude way just to make sure I heard him the first time. Very annoying.

I don't suffer from a physical illness, but I do have depression and anxiety  that have at some periods in my life taken away my ability to function as a normal human being so I can sympathize with you in some ways.... I just want to say that I'm one more person who would be more than willing to hear you out when you're having a tough time.

Just letting you know in case you didn't already know, there used to be a mental illness support thread but it was closed down by the mods...

I'm so sorry to hear that :( you can also always talk to me whenever you want. Talking sometimes really do help. I tried going to a psychologist but bad idea lol

Oh yeah I know but the mods already knows about this one :3

Yeah kidney transplant

Omg *hugs* be safe bby!! When do you have to do it?

I was born with severe hearing loss. I wear hearing aids in both ears and soon I will have to get implants because my hearing is reaching the profound levels. It's frustrating at times and I rely on others a lot and watch movies with CC. I actually stopped seeing someone simply because they were super adamant about not using captions on movies and always yelling at me in a rude way just to make sure I heard him the first time. Very annoying.

That's so insensitive..... Like, what even. :._.:

Thanks for making this thread...if anyone needs to talk...you know I'm here..I'm a great listener :smile:

Just as of right now,I'm kinda doped up on meds my doc gave me,so I'll be a silly listener :happy:

*hug*

Omfg I can actually relate to this as my mom has severe hearing loss as well (because she had a fever that really affected both of her ears) I swear some people have rocks for brain smh I really dislike those kind of selfish people. You deserve better girl <3333

Thanks for making this thread...if anyone needs to talk...you know I'm here..I'm a great listener :smile:

Just as of right now,I'm kinda doped up on meds my doc gave me,so I'll be a silly listener :happy:

You're the best my bby :3 omg that reminds me of morphine lol i feel so hfbrfnkdlsjdjd on it keke

oooh me too >////<

cept no implants, but i met a girl during first year in uni and she's like me as well & got cochlear implants like couple years ago 

Awww

*teddy bear hugs*

If you need to talk, I am here too!

That goes for everyone here in this thread as well.

That's so insensitive..... Like, what even. :._.:

Yea. =/

Luckily only one guy has been like that out of the many I have dated. =)

*hug*

Omfg I can actually relate to this as my mom has severe hearing loss as well (because she had a fever that really affected both of her ears) I swear some people have rocks for brain smh I really dislike those kind of selfish people. You deserve better girl <3333

:cry: Thank you <3

It's hard sometimes because if someone doesn't know you have hearing loss, they think you are ignoring them or are just stupid.

Awww

*teddy bear hugs*

If you need to talk, I am here too!

That goes for everyone here in this thread as well.

Yea. =/

Luckily only one guy has been like that out of the many I have dated. =)

:cry: Thank you <3

It's hard sometimes because if someone doesn't know you have hearing loss, they think you are ignoring them or are just stupid.

Yes same thing with my mom! They give her dirty looks and I wanna fucking punch them. Everyone is so quick to assume things without even knowing details

I'm so sorry to hear that :( you can also always talk to me whenever you want. Talking sometimes really do help. I tried going to a psychologist but bad idea lol

Why was it a bad idea? Maybe it was just a bad psychologist. The first few ones I went to were horrible too, but you just have to find someone that fits well with you.

You're the best my bby :3 omg that reminds me of morphine lol i feel so hfbrfnkdlsjdjd on it keke

I dont wanna be the best,i just wanna be a good friend :smile:

Girl,my doctor is the shitzu..so the previous meds he gave me were for my migraines, my knee and ankle(fractured my ankle during college basketball days)(and tor my meniscus in my knee playing tennis) so every winter things act up with incoming cold air,any hoo what he gave me was like a 3 in one,problem is it would knock me out for HOURS! I'd take one small little light peach colored pill and i was literally down for the count (sleep) for the whole day.  so i decided ENOUGH was ENOUGH! (this is the good part) i called my doctor and told him that the meds he gave me were to strong. he then called our pharmacy and they delivered my new meds the next day. there like the non generic pill for Tylenol with added drowsiness and cloud 9 feeling

Didnt have to step one foot into the office lol well not until my appt in march lol i dont even know if that's legal lmao

Why was it a bad idea? Maybe it was just a bad psychologist. The first few ones I went to were horrible too, but you just have to find someone that fits well with you.

Omg yes she was a horrible psychologist tbh I felt so uncomfortable. I might to the one in my school since it's free

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:  at this thread and :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I really hope everyone gets better :._.:

Edited by Bitchcraft

Gonna follow this thread!  :chu:

I've been through major depression and I've never been able to fully shake it off even years after  :wut:

Although compared to how it was it it's worst i am a lot better now  :rolleyes:  

Hey guys :) I have a long term mental health issue known as BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) which basically means the way I see myself when I look in the mirror and at photos, and the way others see me is drastically different. I spend several hours a day worrying about aspects of my face and body that, in most cases, other people don't notice at all.

Battling BDD is kind of weird because it makes you question your perceptions of reality and self, I'm doing really well lately, but I do have slumps roughly once every one to two months. BDD causes other mental health issues like depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. I feel very lucky that I only suffer from anxiety because of it. 

I'd be happy to be a part of this little support group :) Finding support for mental health issues irl can be a real drag!

Hello everyone,

We just wanted to take some time to speak to any and everyone that decides to post in this thread. We like the idea of having this thread here for discussion and support, because a good support system can be therapeutic and empowering within itself. We highly encourage you all to be supportive of each other here, and applaud anyone that is brave enough to share the difficulties of their illness. However, I would also like to remind you all that this thread is not to be used to harass, bully, demean, or gather personal information from anyone posting in here. This also means that we highly caution against any user giving out any of their personal information. We understand that some of you may  feel more comfortable speaking in a private message, but we cannot stress enough about the importance of keeping your personal information private. With that being said, if the content of this thread gets out of hand, it will be promptly closed, and warnings/other punishments will be given out. Due to the sensitive nature of this thread, and previous experience, we will not be giving out any other warnings, nor will be exercise any leniency. I will open this thread back up shortly, and I hope that you all keep this message in mind while posting or reading here.

Thanks,

XIA Fan and staff

• Like 4

oooh me too >////<

cept no implants, but i met a girl during first year in uni and she's like me as well & got cochlear implants like couple years ago 

:shock:

I didn't know that! Since birth or other reasons?

-hugs you-

Yes same thing with my mom! They give her dirty looks and I wanna fucking punch them. Everyone is so quick to assume things without even knowing details

Right??? My sister is super protective of me because of this when we are in public. 

I dont wanna be the best,i just wanna be a good friend :smile:

Girl,my doctor is the shitzu..so the previous meds he gave me were for my migraines, my knee and ankle(fractured my ankle during college basketball days)(and tor my meniscus in my knee playing tennis) so every winter things act up with incoming cold air,any hoo what he gave me was like a 3 in one,problem is it would knock me out for HOURS! I'd take one small little light peach colored pill and i was literally down for the count (sleep) for the whole day.  so i decided ENOUGH was ENOUGH! (this is the good part) i called my doctor and told him that the meds he gave me were to strong. he then called our pharmacy and they delivered my new meds the next day. there like the non generic pill for Tylenol with added drowsiness and cloud 9 feeling

Didnt have to step one foot into the office lol well not until my appt in march lol i dont even know if that's legal lmao

you're an amazing friend :3 and omfg girl your doctor is the real mvp!!! What med was if??

Gonna follow this thread!  :chu:

I've been through major depression and I've never been able to fully shake it off even years after  :wut:

Although compared to how it was it it's worst i am a lot better now  :rolleyes:

Welcome to the thread :3 I believe things like depression are always hard to really leave behind but I'm really happy and proud that you're better than before <3

• Like 1

Hey guys :) I have a long term mental health issue known as BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) which basically means the way I see myself when I look in the mirror and at photos, and the way others see me is drastically different. I spend several hours a day worrying about aspects of my face and body that, in most cases, other people don't notice at all.

Battling BDD is kind of weird because it makes you question your perceptions of reality and self, I'm doing really well lately, but I do have slumps roughly once every one to two months. BDD causes other mental health issues like depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. I feel very lucky that I only suffer from anxiety because of it. 

I'd be happy to be a part of this little support group :) Finding support for mental health issues irl can be a real drag!

Hello and welcome! Thanks for speaking up your experience. It can be difficulty talking about personal health issues but sometimes just being supported can be helpful. As you stated, finding support for this kind of things are hard! For me, there are arthritis support groups but it's like a lot of older people and I just kind of feel out place since they have different issues :3 I'm happy to talk to all of you guys. We might all have different issues but we can still help each other out <3 I think you're definitely a strong person :3

:shock:

I didn't know that! Since birth or other reasons?

-hugs you-

Right??? My sister is super protective of me because of this when we are in public.

Yes! Is there any operation you can do? My mom is planning on getting one but there's no gursntee that she can hear better than before