OneHallyu

Are you shocked that Pokémon is still as popular as it is?

I am!

All the other battle monster and similar cartoons/franchises are [emoji88] Out of all of them, Pokemon seems like the most childish one. Maybe that's its strong point? When I was little I expected Yu-Gi-Oh to stay popular forever instead of Pokemon.

It's probably because it birthed the greatest theme song of all time

Edited by SHAWNee
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

emm why did u tag kai and exo??

I am!   All the other battle monster and similar cartoons/franchises are [emoji88] Out of all of them, Pokemon seems like the most childish one. Maybe that's its strong point? When I was little I ex

Weren't they going to release a darker season with Red or something?   I mean it appeals to new generations while maintain fanbase with some of the older generations still interested, not to mention

Weren't they going to release a darker season with Red or something?

I mean it appeals to new generations while maintain fanbase with some of the older generations still interested, not to mention it's not just a tv show but a franchise 

• Like 2

I was surprised when I found out people are still playing it on 3ds and they're launching new titles.

As for Yu Gi Oh I always considered it just as childish, after they introduced the cards...

The Pokémon gameboy games were so repetitive and monotonous but I guess it worked well with kids who are glued to it. Nowadays I can't really play them anymore...

I'm guessing the TCG is pretty much dead now? And as for the anime I never watched more than season 1 and some of the movies.

Edited by abra

Yes. The games look like they're the same thing over and over again with different pokemon. I've only played 1hr of one of them but is there even a story? And as for the show Ash is terrible and will never be pokemon master because he gets rid of all his pokemon and starts over each time. No progression and just repeats with different Pokemon just like the games. 

Yokai Watch games have been selling a ton in japan though. Getting to Pokemon numbers I think if not already there. It would be interesting to see how it does if it comes over. 

Pokemon is still popular because they are continuously recycling the same concept over and over again. Its still mainstream popular, but in terms of originality/content, its severely lacking.

Also various merchandise and other things like games, and trading cards still brings in a lot of money.

They know what children like, and some adults who grew up with Pokemon become collectors.

In terms of branding, its huge.

Ash nearly has a girlfriend now in Pokemon X&Y.... it's only a matter of time before he puts a ring on Serena and ends his cycle of siphoning the life out of previous females to sustain his youth...

I think Pokemon is coming to an end... or at least how we know it.... 

They're pushing this relationship hard