The Official LIMIT リミット (2013) Thread Japanese Drama feats AKB48's Masuda Yuka

LIMIT 2013 AKB48 Masuda Yuka Sakuraba Nanami

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lufffy

Lufffy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:35 PM (Edited by Lufffy, 21 July 2013 - 03:40 PM.)

LIMIT (2013)

6lt1.jpg

Drama: Limit
Romaji: Rimitto
Japanese: リミット
Director:
Writer: Keiko Suenobu (manga)
Network: TV Tokyo
Episodes:
Release Date: July 12, 2013 --
Runtime: Fridays 24:12
Language: Japanese

A live-action version of Keiko Suenobu’s manga “Limit” is scheduled to air this July. Earlier today, details on the cast as well as a few teaser images were released in anticipation of the plot-driven drama.

The drama follows Konno, a high-school student played by Sakuraba Nanami. Konno joins the most powerful group or “clique” in her class, led by Sakura Himezawa, so she can live a somewhat peaceful school life. By joining the popular group, she can avoid being bullied and avoid all the hassle that comes with being part of one of the lesser groups. Things are going as planned until one fateful day when, on her way to school, her school bus goes off a cliff after the bus driver suffers an attack.

Only five girls live through the accident which kills everyone else on the bus, included the group’s leader, Sakura. As one of the survivors, Konno must work together with the 4 other girls if they are to survive. Unfortunately, pent up emotions and feelings which have laid dormant and have been buried deep may threaten their cohesiveness and will put their lives in danger.

http://japanverse.co...ama-adaptation/

It has been revealed that former AKB48 member Masuda Yuka will make an appearance on TV Tokyo's upcoming drama "LIMIT".

"LIMIT" is a live-action drama adaptation of Suenobu Keiko's popular manga. The protagonist is a high school girl named "Konno Mizuki". One day, Mizuki's class goes on a field trip, but on the way there, their bus falls off a cliff in the mountains. Only five girls including Mizuki survive the accident. They are injured, lost in the mountains, and no one is coming to rescue them anytime soon. Pushed to their limits, the girls are forced to switch into survival mode and to lay bare their innermost feelings.

Last month, it was already announced that actress Sakuraba Nanami would play the protagonist, and three of the four other girls would be played by Tsuchiya Tao, Kudo Ayano, and Yamashita Rio. 

Now Masuda has been added as the fifth girl who survives the accident, named "Usui Chikage". Regarding her role, Masuda said, "I felt a little anxious about if I would be able to play this role when I read the manga, as the character is like the exact opposite of me. However, after the filming started, I feel that I could become Chikage-chan little by little while getting help from other cast members. I hope the viewers could see Chikage being similar to the original manga."

Cast:

Cast-Limit-Drama.jpg

Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Nanami_Sakuraba1.           Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Tao_Tsuchiya1.jpg           Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Katsuhiro_Suzuki.           Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Ayano_Kudo1.jpg

Nanami Sakuraba          Tao Tsuchiya         Katsuhiro Suzuki          Ayano Kudo

Mizuki Konno             Chieko Kamiya          Haruaki Hirata           Haru Ichinose        

Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Yuka_Masuda.jpg           Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Rio_Yamashita1.jp           Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Masataka_Kubota.j           Limit_-_Japanese_Drama-Ikkei_Watanabe.jp

Yuka Masuda           Rio Yamashita         Masataka Kubota       kkei Watanabe

Chikage Usui            Arisa Morishige          Wataru Igarashi        Hirokazu Konno

The manga has seen a bit of success in Japan and the US as it was ranked 2nd on the New York Times Best Sellers list back in October of 2012.

portada-limit.jpg942850_592087120810987_1910919703_n.jpg

bump.y - SAVAGE HEAVEN (LIMIT OST)

NEU - APOLLON (LIMIT OST)

#2 twinky☆

twinky☆

F A N T A S Y

• Head Moderator
  • 25,636 posts
  • Locationin the state of missing you

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

watched the drama until episode four, love it :)

#3 Suzuran

Suzuran

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'm really liking it so far. Granted I'm a big Ayano Kudo fan since I saw her in Suzuki Sensei and she finally gets a bigger role in a drama. But on it's own it's also very interesting.

Spoiler

#4 CrayCray

CrayCray

They Call Me Baepsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,484 posts
  • LocationUhgood

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

Looved this mini series! It was really good and every episode kept me guessing!

Up, Up and Away!