Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DivaBoo

Asian/Korean Entertainment Wikipedia

Hi guys, I just want to gauge interest in an Asian or Korean Entertainment wikipedia-esque page that would give detailed but not intrusive information on celebrities from South Korea, China, and Japan. And there's a possiblity for Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, ect.

There's been a crackdown on Wikipedia pages, and I just thought it'd be interesting to have one dedicated to Asian entertainment. Groups, variety shows, ect. Instead of just their basic birthday, debut date, ect, you would be able to include information from interviews and stuff like that. 

Would you be interested in having one? Would you mind advertisements on this supposed wikipedia-esque page? Would you be interested in helping? Ect.

Any comments, questions, or concerns would be helpful. >< Or if there's already one, just let me know (I haven't seen any tbh).

So, a bit like Asianwiki?

http://asianwiki.com/Jun_Hyo-Seong

But more detailed?

Yeah, like asianwiki, but more detailed so that non-fans can get acquainted with celebrities that they don't know that well.

OneHallyu should create one :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

That'd be cool tbh. I just think one would be good. I keep looking for information on Tawainese pop groups in English, but never really get any info. So, yeah. OTL

So, a bit like Asianwiki?

http://asianwiki.com/Jun_Hyo-Seong

But more detailed?

isn't asianwiki centered around film though? 

http://asianwiki.com/Secret_-_K-pop_group

I use jpopasia and generasia, like other people have mentioned. It sounds awesome that you're considering (I read your other response) so if you feel like any of these sites are lacking, maybe it will give you an incentive to decide on how to format the site?

I use jpopasia and generasia, like other people have mentioned. It sounds awesome that you're considering (I read your other response) so if you feel like any of these sites are lacking, maybe it will give you an incentive to decide on how to format the site?

oh yeah generasia too, I just couldn't remember the name

As long as you will let every artist/group who's trying to make it have a page, I would support you! Not sure if you saw my rant about Wikipedia deleting groups they don't think are "notable" enough... like, even if they've disbanded or haven't won a show yet, people should still be able to discover good music...

I've used both, but I liked how Wikipedia (on certain idols) had pre-debut information like former companies and lineups they were apart of. Like Soyou was apart of 4minute's predebut lineup or T.K of C-Clown dropped out of BTOB's predebut lineup due to problems, just knowledge known by fans but not everybody.

I think I have an idea on how to format the page, but I just want to see if people actually would like one. ^^ And thank you!

generasia does a pretty good job.... they cover mostly korean and japanese artists though

Generasia does, but I want to include more Taiwanese/Chinese as well as South Eastern Asian artists as well. ^^ 

As long as you will let every artist/group who's trying to make it have a page, I would support you! Not sure if you saw my rant about Wikipedia deleting groups they don't think are "notable" enough... like, even if they've disbanded or haven't won a show yet, people should still be able to discover good music...

Yes, I wouldn't have a problem with it. >< I'm so surprised that they tried to take down Bekah's and E-young's page.
As long as the artist/celebrity is substantial (as in they aren't some kind of troll artist/group), they should have a page. ><

Holy fuck. TVXQ's large discography is damn near flawless. Thank you for sharing this with me. I will definitely use it.

no problem :D

I support! It's a great idea. I'm sure OH'd help as well. 

^^ Right, just because they aren't "notable or big enough" doesn't mean the information should be deleted! 

I support! It's a great idea. I'm sure OH'd help as well. 

I'm glad! I just need to decide a name/domain, and maybe some helpers before I start coding or anything along those lines. ^^

I'm glad! I just need to decide a name/domain, and maybe some helpers before I start coding or anything along those lines. ^^

Oh this sounds great. I'd like to help. Just PM if you need me.