Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Gloupipoo

*~Official haircare thread~*

So I'm planning to cut my hair above my shoulders soon, but I'm tired of the layered style. Does anyone know any other styles I can try? Also, my hair gets curly on the ends so bangs are a big no-no for me.

Has anyone tried Moroccan Argan Oil before? Opinions on it?

I've tried it, and while it is a good range, I don't think it deserves its cost. There are other products with argan oil in them that are much cheaper and might even work better than this specific brand, e.g. for me, Agadir Argan oil worked better. Though I think that unfortunately they changed their prices and they're not cheap anymore.

Anyway, if you can afford it, go ahead. If you're gonna cry for spending so much on haircare, I'd suggest you look for a cheaper alternative. 

Do you guys know of any ways to naturally darken hair? My hair is naturally dark blonde/cold brown colour but I would love to get it a bit darker and if possibly without chemical dyeing. I tried tea and coffee but they didn't work, though I'm not sure if it's because only a few inches of my hair is virgin and the rest was dyed before.

Do you guys know of any ways to naturally darken hair? My hair is naturally dark blonde/cold brown colour but I would love to get it a bit darker and if possibly without chemical dyeing. I tried tea and coffee but they didn't work, though I'm not sure if it's because only a few inches of my hair is virgin and the rest was dyed before.

Have you heard of henna based dyes? they would be something to look into. some health foods/health stores carry them or you can order online

Have you heard of henna based dyes? they would be something to look into. some health foods/health stores carry them or you can order online

Thank you, I've never tried them, I'll definitely check them out!

What are some good hairstyles, haircuts?? for thin hair? like I tried wearing extensions but it's so heavy and annoying (it looks pretty ofc) but I just can't.... I'm thinking of getting my hair cut, but i'm wondering if cutting my hair will make it appear thicker or make it even more thinner?? help? My hair is actually pretty long, about 18-20 inches, but it's so THIN. I want it to be about 14-16 inches long? but I have no clue what hairstyle will be good.

have you tried semi permanent colors (the kind you don't have to mix)? They don't damage your hair and they also condition it. Usually they come in crazy colors but some beauty supply stores carry natural colored ones.

Help for a girl who has super thick curly hair?

I have to get it thinned out and layered every time I get a haircut (About every 5-7 weeks). I shampoo with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration since my hair is dry, and I have to use dandruff shampoo since my scalp is also really dry. I usually use Head & Shoulders for my dandruff 2x a week.

Helloooo
I wanna ask if there any really good products for bleached hair, I tried coconut oil for my bleached hair before, but it didnt do any good use to it lol.
Ima be dying my hair with this color, it a very light violent ashy blonde. Idk if this will look good on me but ima just give it a try lol

tumblr_nuvlufZ5vm1r9m8d9o1_1280.jpg

I got a digital perm in Seoul this past summer (there's a hair salon on the university campus I studied abroad at) and have noticed that I've been losing more hair than usual ever since then? Is this even normal?

My hair is blonde on top and black on the sides. Can I get all my hair the same colour my bleaching it out. I want to turn my hair into an ash grey colour so I've got to bleach it out first, but will it all go on shade on white/blonde when I bleach it, or do I need to leave it on the sides longer?

advice on dying already dyed hair?

my natural hair is black and i dyed it a dark brown (i wanted it a little lighter since i already had slightly brownish hair that it's basically unrecognizable that i dyed my hair) in july. it's grown a good 4-5" since then and i want to dye it brown again. i heard dying recently dyed hair is dangerous and might turn out badly if you do it yourself

I have a really embarrassing problem that won't go away. I have dry scalp constantly, within 1 day of watching it is dry again, meaning it flakes off very easily. I've tried T-gel, Head and Shoulders and every other dandruff shampoo/conditioner on the market. 

Do any of you think it's worth seeing a doctor over at this point? I really want to go to the salon and have it re-coloured and styled, but with my scalp in bad condition I don't want them to point it out as it is very embarrassing for me and I'm an introverted anxious person as it is, I'd probably cry.  :cry:

I have a really embarrassing problem that won't go away. I have dry scalp constantly, within 1 day of watching it is dry again, meaning it flakes off very easily. I've tried T-gel, Head and Shoulders and every other dandruff shampoo/conditioner on the market.

Do any of you think it's worth seeing a doctor over at this point? I really want to go to the salon and have it re-coloured and styled, but with my scalp in bad condition I don't want them to point it out as it is very embarrassing for me and I'm an introverted anxious person as it is, I'd probably cry. :cry:

Have you tried apple cider vinegar? You should look into that I've heard great things

I remember when I was a kid I had to use Selsun Blue, idk if you've tried it

It doesn't sound like you have dandruff, if nothing seems to work you should probably check in with a dermatologist, good luck :)

• Like 1

Have you tried apple cider vinegar? You should look into that I've heard great things

I remember when I was a kid I had to use Selsun Blue, idk if you've tried it

It doesn't sound like you have dandruff, if nothing seems to work you should probably check in with a dermatologist, good luck :)

Thanks for the reply! I'll have a look into the apple cider vinegar treatment. 

I've never heard of Selsun Blue but you're right it doesn't sound like dandruff anymore. If the apple cider vinegar doesn't work I'll see if I can make an appointment with a dermatologist. Thank you ^^

• Like 1

Has anyone ever tried both "No tangles brush" and the "tangle-teezer"? I have the former and I'm curious if it's worth buying the latter...

Also, has anyone tried CHI keratin shampoo and conditioner

advice on dying already dyed hair?

my natural hair is black and i dyed it a dark brown (i wanted it a little lighter since i already had slightly brownish hair that it's basically unrecognizable that i dyed my hair) in july. it's grown a good 4-5" since then and i want to dye it brown again. i heard dying recently dyed hair is dangerous and might turn out badly if you do it yourself

i think it's might turn out to be a bolder colour if you dye it again. you can try going to the salon and fixing the roots where your natural coloured hair is growing, it's not necessarily dangerous to dye dyed hair but it might damage the hair. the colour might uneven if you do it yourself

i permed/straightened my hair a few weeks ago. and my hair is not completely straight, in fact it's a little wavy. do you think there was a rip off, or was there reprocussions for taking care of permed/straightened hair. the salon lady said how it was supposed to stay super straight forever until new hair grows out from the root.

however my hair already lost that straightness and i spent $500+ on it

i permed/straightened my hair a few weeks ago. and my hair is not completely straight, in fact it's a little wavy. do you think there was a rip off, or was there reprocussions for taking care of permed/straightened hair. the salon lady said how it was supposed to stay super straight forever until new hair grows out from the root.

however my hair already lost that straightness and i spent $500+ on it

Have you contacted the salon concerning this? I'd try to get some of my money back if I were you, $500 is a lot.

Legit the best shampoo I've ever used

51OdefI2RQL._SY355_.jpg

I can't comment on the hair loss part but I think there's less? And this doesn't make my scalp itch AT ALL

im not even kidding but i started using this thing like a week ago and its legit the best hair mask ive used

Vatika-Hairmayo.jpg

Edited by f6ami