Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gloupipoo

*~Official haircare thread~*

i will never understand how ppl go w/out shampooing more than 2 days. my hair gets oily after a day @-@

anyways, ive been using the Moroccan Oil spray for anti frizz/static and it's been great :D

It depends on whether you have a dry scalp/hair, and whether you use heat. My hair is neither too dry, nor oily, but blow drying makes a huge difference. Normally if I don't use heat, I'll have to wash it again after 2 days, whereas when I blow dry and straighten, it takes 4 days at least to get oily. I usually blow dry exactly for this reason, to avoid frequent washing, as it makes more damage to my hair than a bit of heat, seeing as I use heat protectants a lot.

When I wash my hair every day (like when I go swimming in summer), it becomes even dryer, and it feels coarse and rough to touch, and then I need to do hair care treatments to bring it back to normal in September.

Do you use heat and the right products for your hair? Washing hair every day isn't recommended by any hairdresser as far as I know (I'm no expert though).

It depends on whether you have a dry scalp/hair, and whether you use heat. My hair is neither too dry, nor oily, but blow drying makes a huge difference. Normally if I don't use heat, I'll have to wash it again after 2 days, whereas when I blow dry and straighten, it takes 4 days at least to get oily. I usually blow dry exactly for this reason, to avoid frequent washing, as it makes more damage to my hair than a bit of heat, seeing as I use heat protectants a lot.

When I wash my hair every day (like when I go swimming in summer), it becomes even dryer, and it feels coarse and rough to touch, and then I need to do hair care treatments to bring it back to normal in September.

Do you use heat and the right products for your hair? Washing hair every day isn't recommended by any hairdresser as far as I know (I'm no expert though).

my scalp isnt dry

blow drying still gives me the same effect as air drying does lol it goes oily after a day. I wash every other day

Ive been using tresseme since forever but i only recently realized it makes my hair super dry. I also have thin hair. Idk how to explain it but im indian so i have thick hair but light it doesnt have any volume :/. Any shampoo or hair care recs? Pls rec me shampoos that can be found in a regular drugstore in america. Thanks

I change my shampoo very often, I don't even care about the brand, as long as I use conditioner after it, I never have problem with my hair but probably that because I almost never done extreme change to my hair, all I ever do is just cut it. I want to dye my hair but I don't think my mom will approve it  :._.:

Edited by LudaKrisShipper

How much time should you wait between dyes? I want to dye my hair again, but I don't wanna damage it.

—— I bought me some new products to take care of my hair last week so I've been using this for a whole week now and guys I gotta admit, it does wonders. My hair feels so much better now I don't even know if I ever want to change again. I uploaded a picture on instagram today so --

https://instagram.com/p/0VYYbxMTML/?taken-by=cielcee

Edited by iratoz

i will never understand how ppl go w/out shampooing more than 2 days. my hair gets oily after a day @-@

anyways, ive been using the Moroccan Oil spray for anti frizz/static and it's been great :D

it depends on their hair texture and the environment they live in. When I was younger, I could go a week without shampooing (don't worry, I still bathed. I just didn't touch my hair), but now I can't skip more than a day because my hair gets oily and my scalp gets itchy easily now if I don't wash it every other day.

has anyone had any experience with any Asian brand shampoo, especially Shiseido? I usually use Dove or Pantene (though I recently bought Tresemme Youth Boost Conditioner to try it out), but I'm looking to try some Asian brand ones, too.

300.JPG

i've been using this (plus the conditioner) for like two months now. im obsessed w/ smoothing shampoo cause my hair is as thick as a lions mane and frizzes so easily orz.  It does its job but really dries out my hair. . (  can anyone suggest a shampoo that does the same thing but also leaves my hair soft and just fab??

Edited by magicalblue

am i the only one who just buys and uses cheap shit

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't come across any "wow" shampoos for my hair, so I just go ahead and use cheap shit or whatever is on sale. My scalp isn't sensitive nor do I really have dandruff problems (I count myself lucky on this department), so those variables allow for a lot of leeway on my end.

I wash my hair on a daily basis because I'm in an environment that makes it so that if I go a day without washing it, it gets oily. As a compromise, I dilute my shampoo with water so that I'm not using as much on my hair and stripping away too much oil. I find that if I shampoo directly, it makes my hair super dry.

My hair's natural state is thin/wavy, and I'm also the type of person who tends to dye often; thus, I had to find a way to deal with damage and frizz. Personally, what helps for me is to use diluted lemon juice after rinsing the shampoo off to lower my hair's PH before using conditioner (again, diluted so that it doesn't weigh my hair down too much). I find this routine effective to keeping softer and lighter hair, despite the damage it already has.

Conditioner is kind of the make-or-break item for me. I have had good results with AG products, but since I can't always afford it, Dove, Garnier, or TreSemme are my cheap back ups. I used to live on Neutrogena deep conditioners, but I can't really find them in my area anymore :( they were pretty great.

While still damp, I also apply a few drops of coconut oil as well as a finishing mist. I air dry to avoid heat damage. I try to keep my routine as lazy as I can because having a complex routine once upon a time never actually helped improve the condition that my hair is in.

Hi hair thread^^ ummm has anyone here ever gotten their hair thinned before? My hair is very VERY thick and I'm kind of sick of all the maintenance. I like the way it looks when it's done but it takes hours to do and I'd like something a bit easier since I'm going to college soon and I just won't have the time to spend on my hair as I do now. Every time I tell someone about it or ask they say I'll end up regretting it in the long run. I'm not sure what to do just yet. Any advice?

Hi hair thread^^ ummm has anyone here ever gotten their hair thinned before? My hair is very VERY thick and I'm kind of sick of all the maintenance. I like the way it looks when it's done but it takes hours to do and I'd like something a bit easier since I'm going to college soon and I just won't have the time to spend on my hair as I do now. Every time I tell someone about it or ask they say I'll end up regretting it in the long run. I'm not sure what to do just yet. Any advice?

I also have thick hair! Combing through all the layers is such a pain haha. As a college student, sometimes I get lazy and don't even comb my hair all the way through in the morning. Anyways, I've gotten my hair thinned out a couple times in my life and I just have to say that it depends. I've gotten my entire head thinned out and it's a really weird feel. I preferred when I just got my ends thinned out, because it was usually the ends that got all jumbled up and took the most time.

But it really depends how thick your hair is I suppose :) I'd just like to say a bunch of girls would LOVE to have thick hair, so embrace it if you can! :)

I also have thick hair! Combing through all the layers is such a pain haha. As a college student, sometimes I get lazy and don't even comb my hair all the way through in the morning. Anyways, I've gotten my hair thinned out a couple times in my life and I just have to say that it depends. I've gotten my entire head thinned out and it's a really weird feel. I preferred when I just got my ends thinned out, because it was usually the ends that got all jumbled up and took the most time.

But it really depends how thick your hair is I suppose :) I'd just like to say a bunch of girls would LOVE to have thick hair, so embrace it if you can! :)

Well it's pretty thick. Also it's chemically relaxed if that makes any difference.

I might take your advice and just embrace it. Yeah it's a pain in the ass but if I don't like it, well the damage is done I suppose. Thank you for your help <333

i think i'm going to dye my hair soon with palty hair dye.  idk how much it'll show up considering how my hair is virgin black (haven't dyed it in like 5 years lol)

anyone ever tried palty?

i think i'm going to dye my hair soon with palty hair dye.  idk how much it'll show up considering how my hair is virgin black (haven't dyed it in like 5 years lol)

anyone ever tried palty?

I've tried it on virgin black hair...to be honest, it depends on the colour you're going for. It does have bleaching agents that'll lighten up the hair, but if you're going for a pretty light colour and you're someone like me whose hair is really dark with reddish undertones, you'll still need to bleach. I tried a brown colour with cooler tones a few years ago, and it was pretty decent.

Indoor lighting:

tumblr_nlqf84zxVv1tf96rxo1_400.jpg

Outdoor lighting (sorry, this was the only photo I could find from that time):

310995_10150275771625863_6548597_n.jpg?o

• Like 1

This is love, this is life, this is angel caressing your hair loveliness.

41t6iGlefVL._SY300_.jpg

[URL=http://s399.photobucket.com/user/ghettoe1/media/f2e245e3-3b85-47d9-a4df-0841b60c4b71_zpshtijnvs1.jpg.html]f2e245e3-3b85-47d9-a4df-0841b60c4b71_zps[/URL]

Edited by Mr. Thomas Barrow

anyone ever tried palty?

I have, and honestly I don't like it LOL. They're pretty on hair that's already light, but not on hair that is dark

I like the blythe dye better. My favorite color by them is called "Passion Blond"

I only chose Palty because I thought the store I was buying from didn't sell Liese Prettia, but they did and I used that instead.  Bought Milk Tea Brown and used it, my hair is a really dark brown now.  My hair is pretty soft after using their treatment conditioner  :imstupid:

I only chose Palty because I thought the store I was buying from didn't sell Liese Prettia, but they did and I used that instead.  Bought Milk Tea Brown and used it, my hair is a really dark brown now.  My hair is pretty soft after using their treatment conditioner  :imstupid:

is the color even? i really want to try liese to dye my hair cassis berry but some reviews say that their haircolor came out uneven x_x

is the color even? i really want to try liese to dye my hair cassis berry but some reviews say that their haircolor came out uneven x_x

i think it looks even enough but my mom says my left side didn't get enough dye u_u i'm not sure if it was just the application or the dye itself, sorry

I am so pissed off, because for yet again I made the bad decision of buying cheap shampoo and I changed my Kerastase to Fructis Garnier and after 3 washes, hello dry scalp. I had so much hope I could save on haircare, but it's not meant to be. :cry:

Has anyone tried Moroccan Argan Oil before? Opinions on it?

I think it's good, my dad bought my mom some so I borrowed it from time to time and would use it after I showered. I only applied it on the ends of my hair because my hair tangles easily and what I noticed from using it was that it was easier to brush through my hair but also that it didn't tangle as much.