Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Official Football Thread

football 4th place trophy trying to find a good stream mourinho: the third coming losing points on the bench wet tuesday night at stoke vardy party istg if brighton flop again inconsolable ramblings

23552 replies to this topic

#23481 Pseudo

Pseudo

Disloyal...and Untrustworthy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationEast of Eden

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:49 PM

No Dele or Kane and still this scoreline. What a game by Spurs. 

#23482 marinhoramone

marinhoramone

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,974 posts
  • LocationMomo's armpits

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:36 AM

Ajax vs Real has been the more exciting game by far.

Also, how the fuck was that goal for Ajax disallowed by VAR? Such BS. lol

That Ajax player was offside in the first play. After, his movements affected Courtois' moves to try to reach the ball. The goal was disallowed because the player (whose name I don't remember, sorry) took advantage of being off-side in the first play.

#23483 marinhoramone

marinhoramone

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,974 posts
  • LocationMomo's armpits

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

No Dele or Kane and still this scoreline. What a game by Spurs. 

Yes, and even though Dortmund didn't have some players, I thought Spurs wouldn't win that. Vertoghen did play very well, and if Lucas wasn't selfish in some plays, two more goals could be added.

But the story could be different if a fault in Sancho had been called in the first half. And I didn't understand why Rafael Guerreiro wasn't a starter.

#23484 Migatte

Migatte

Trigger Happy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:47 AM (Edited by Migatte, 14 February 2019 - 10:52 AM.)

Dortmund were missing Reus, Alcacer, Piszczek, Akanji, and Weigl, of course they got shit on. Why should anyone expect anything else, they were missing almost their entire first team attack, a starting midfielder, and probably their best CB and RB. Yes, Favre didn't do himself any favours with his choices but still, they were worse off than Tottenham.

#23485 Ace Trigger

Ace Trigger

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,916 posts
  • LocationNuguland

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

@Chelsea fans, #SarriOut or no?

#23486 Pseudo

Pseudo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationEast of Eden

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:51 PM

Good to rebuild some momentum ahead of the Liverpool game - Utd's record at Stamford Bridge is utter wank so this somewhat makes up for the PSG tie. But fuck me though, Wolves away is going to be a tough game. Doable, but I'd much prefer Swansea. 

#23487 _Only_

_Only_

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationTAEBOA shipper

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:46 AM

#23488 Pseudo

Pseudo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationEast of Eden

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:04 PM (Edited by This But Unironically, 20 February 2019 - 05:47 PM.)

C'mon Schalke 04, help City focus on winning the Premier League! 

Edit: Or City can win the quadruple too ffs...

#23489 Migatte

Migatte

Trigger Happy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

@Chelsea fans, #SarriOut or no?

I still want him to stay tbh, although he has been getting more and more difficult to defend. He has his major flaws such as being outrageously stubborn and lack of rotation, but sacking him would sum up everything wrong with the club. Our problems go much deeper than the coach; our current squad is totally incapable of playing Sarriball and needs a massive shakeup and the board is full of useless dolts. We all acknowledged before the season that it would take at least a year and a summer transfer window for Sarriball to really come into fruition and now that we've hit a rough patch of form, a lot of people are already calling for his head. Then those people name stupid replacement options like Lampard, Blanc, or Zidane (lol). It would send a message to all managers that we don't really care about building a long-term project, and that if you don't get immediate results, your job will be on the line. No manager worth their salt would want to coach Chelsea.

#23490 Azucar

Azucar

No One Ever Really Dies

• PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • LocationTryna give somebody my left rib

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

Juve's Ronaldo investment went bust, Simeone got to have his siuuuuuu moment with his own cojones last night lmao

I still want him to stay tbh, although he has been getting more and more difficult to defend. He has his major flaws such as being outrageously stubborn and lack of rotation, but sacking him would sum up everything wrong with the club. Our problems go much deeper than the coach; our current squad is totally incapable of playing Sarriball and needs a massive shakeup and the board is full of useless dolts. We all acknowledged before the season that it would take at least a year and a summer transfer window for Sarriball to really come into fruition and now that we've hit a rough patch of form, a lot of people are already calling for his head. Then those people name stupid replacement options like Lampard, Blanc, or Zidane (lol). It would send a message to all managers that we don't really care about building a long-term project, and that if you don't get immediate results, your job will be on the line. No manager worth their salt would want to coach Chelsea.

That's the thing though, do you blame the coach or the board for hiring him? It's pretty obvious the squad don't have the players to play the possession based style that Sarri want's to play, they're always going to lean towards the more defensive style and if Sarri's not willing to adapt or change anything then they're just going to keep dropping points the rest of the season. There needs to be a MASSIVE overhaul and it isn't 2005 anymore where Abramovich can chuck 100m at new transfers and get a new squad in anymore so idk if Chelsea are able to have a huge transfer window like that anymore (feels like he cba with the club lately). Also as annoying Hazard is nowadays with him flirting for a move, he's still your most important player and you rely on him too much most of the time so he'll be hard to replace. There's no obvious solution so idk, football annoying like that these days. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#23491 _Only_

_Only_

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationTAEBOA shipper

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

How united players managed to get mou sacked? I wish juventus players do the same with el cagon aka Allegri.

#23492 JiMiJu

JiMiJu

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,790 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Allegri just doesn't learn from his mistakes.

#23493 Migatte

Migatte

Trigger Happy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

That's the thing though, do you blame the coach or the board for hiring him? It's pretty obvious the squad don't have the players to play the possession based style that Sarri want's to play, they're always going to lean towards the more defensive style and if Sarri's not willing to adapt or change anything then they're just going to keep dropping points the rest of the season. There needs to be a MASSIVE overhaul and it isn't 2005 anymore where Abramovich can chuck 100m at new transfers and get a new squad in anymore so idk if Chelsea are able to have a huge transfer window like that anymore (feels like he cba with the club lately). Also as annoying Hazard is nowadays with him flirting for a move, he's still your most important player and you rely on him too much most of the time so he'll be hard to replace. There's no obvious solution so idk, football annoying like that these days. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obviously Sarri deserves his fair share of blame, but the board and squad are both bigger problems than him. I can't blame the board for hiring him and I'll maintain up and down that Sarri can definitely work out if he's given the resources and players he wants. As frustrating as he can be, I don't know how anyone can expect much more when the team he's working with is full of deadwood outside of a select few. We need a new a LB, RB, LCM, and maybe a ST, LW, and CB too. Abramovich still cares about the club but iirc the circumstances out of his control and that's probably why he's rumoured to be looking to sell. We're not super reliant on his cash injections anymore, and we can still spend big this summer if we offload deadwood and loan players with no future to clear up salaries and bring in a bit more money.

We can't replace the board so the "obvious AND somewhat realistic" move would be getting a DoF. That won't solve everything of course, but it's a good start.

#23494 Pseudo

Pseudo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationEast of Eden

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:20 AM (Edited by This But Unironically, 24 February 2019 - 02:07 PM.)

Not sure if this Utd-Liverpool match is a game of football or a long fight scene from Peaky Blinders.

C'mon Chelsea, do da ting!

Edit: Kepa WTF!? Kepa denies Sarri subbing him off. What on Earth, I've never seen such insubordination...

#23495 sweetjohoney

sweetjohoney

Erogenous Zone

• Super Villains
  • 7,717 posts
  • Locationseeding at 99%

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

That end to the Carabao Cup.  Man....

To see Rudiger keep Sarri from going ham on Kepa.  Yikes....

#23496 Azucar

Azucar

No One Ever Really Dies

• PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • LocationTryna give somebody my left rib

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

That whole Kepa situation was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen on the pitch, felt so sorry for Sarri

Speaks volume that barely any Chelsea players tried to drag Kepa off for the sub, it was such an obvious tactical switch too, Kepa a big baby and the players aren't any better for just standing by and watching it unfold, shambles

#23497 _Only_

_Only_

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationTAEBOA shipper

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Kepa is cancelled tbh

#23498 Migatte

Migatte

Trigger Happy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

Now everyone can stfu about "sArRi OuT" for a bit since he did everything right today even if we didn't win. Say what you want about him, but there's really nothing to criticize him for. He gave CHO and RLC minutes, made the right tactical choices, showed flexibility, showed great game management, and the players he chose played well. I think pushing one of the best teams in Europe with this inferior squad should buy him more time. Obviously he'll go back to his normal tactics eventually but I'm happy that he showed he can be flexible.

#23499 ByulHarangBona

ByulHarangBona

WJSN Bona's one and only ♡ | IZone Yujin's Protector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78,160 posts
  • LocationBona's house | We, the Reds! |

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

Kepa is such a disgrace. If I am Sarri, I will not let him start a match under me again.

#23500 marinhoramone

marinhoramone

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,974 posts
  • LocationMomo's armpits

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

I watched lots of football games in my entire life, and only in a few, I can say I saw something like that. Kepa did bad with his coach =/

Up, Up and Away!