Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Official Football Thread

football 4th place trophy trying to find a good stream mourinho: the third coming losing points on the bench wet tuesday night at stoke vardy party istg if brighton flop again inconsolable ramblings

23336 replies to this topic

#23321 Pseudo

Pseudo

Disloyal...and Untrustworthy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  • LocationEast of Eden

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:52 PM (Edited by Pseudo, 11 November 2018 - 01:16 PM.)

2-1 thanks to penalty by our golden boy Martial. Comeback on the cards tonight...? za5g21G.png

Edit: Gundogan hits a third. Eh, I'm more of a basketball fan. 

#23322 Toko Fukawa

Toko Fukawa

You Say Run!

• PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:13 PM (Edited by Toko Fukawa, 11 November 2018 - 01:17 PM.)

Aguero has mastered Ultra Instinct apparently, looks like a proper fuccboi

e: THREE FINGERS

Our defense was disaster, first time seeing our midfield overrun like that this season. We were simply dominated AT HOME. Roberto is just so weak at defending, but Valverde prefers to keep him in rather than use Semedo. Rakitic is tired af. Messi isn't match fit. Valverde's poor decision making and poor subs starting to backfire. Some Barca fans get mad when we say that Valverde's ass was saved last season because of Messi. The excuse that we had shit team last season doesn't work anymore, because now we have great team. EV brings absolutely nothing and adds nothing to this team. He makes right decisions 1 out of 9 games and that says a lot.

Dembele, Malcom and La Masia kids are wasted. Our bench is wasted. Since Dembele's transfer we keep saying that he is young and give some time and he will prosper, but he will never reach his full potential under Valverde. He is peculiar player and Valverde doesn't know how to handle him and bring out his potential. 

Treble? Yeah. I want it too. More than that, I don't want to see another year gone without Messi lifting up CL trophy. He deserves better and team deserves better. We should have kept losing like Madrid and EV would be out now with Lope and I could breath without worrying about what stupid decision he will make next time.

+ Glad Rakitic got red. At least, he can rest for one game. Must be a sign from heaven LOL 

I'm not super well-educated on this but would you take Setien if he was willing to join at the end of the season? He seems like a good fit, to me at least. His play looks really entertaining and attack-minded, although idk enough about him to know if he can fix that terrible defence

#23323 RoisinDubh

RoisinDubh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

Lmao Benedetto did it again, damn this Libertadores final is crazy

#23324 Franny

Franny

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationBlue Side

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:03 PM

I'm not super well-educated on this but would you take Setien if he was willing to join at the end of the season? He seems like a good fit, to me at least. His play looks really entertaining and attack-minded, although idk enough about him to know if he can fix that terrible defence

Yes. I would love to see him managing Barca tbh. His possession style football is influenced by Cruyff's Barcelona and he carries Barcelona philosophy which Valverde doesn't have. He loves using youth players and actually turned academy players and new signings into pillars of current Betis team, not to mention that Betis ended up 6th place last season and this is their best result since 2004-2005 season and got the team qualify for Europa League, when everyone thought they would be relegated.

The thing is that Betis is conceding lots of goals just like us, probably more than they're scoring, but it's natural for attacking football. Our problem is defense, we always played that football but never conceded that much. Also, Betis wasn't that fantastic this season, but they might peak it up tbh. They were fantastic against Barca tho.

I don't know If I should be happy or sad that he outclassed Valverde, destroyed our midfield and exploited our weakness and schooled us by our own possession style attacking football. Sad that it happened to the team I support and happy that Barca board witnessed it. 

Valverde's stay here depends on his CL performance most likely, but if he doesn't do well on La Liga, he won't stay. La Liga was always important for Barca (at least, as they've claimed....unless it was empty words). Our team can do much better and we have much more potential than Valverde brings out, It would be interesting to see Setien managing big team.

#23325 Franny

Franny

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationBlue Side

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:25 PM

By the way, I'm happy City won, nothing against United, just happy Pep won against Mourinho. 

Cruyff's successors Pep and Setien won today. Whew. rlytearpls.png

#23326 Toko Fukawa

Toko Fukawa

You Say Run!

• PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:06 PM (Edited by Toko Fukawa, 11 November 2018 - 11:13 PM.)

Yes. I would love to see him managing Barca tbh. His possession style football is influenced by Cruyff's Barcelona and he carries Barcelona philosophy which Valverde doesn't have. He loves using youth players and actually turned academy players and new signings into pillars of current Betis team, not to mention that Betis ended up 6th place last season and this is their best result since 2004-2005 season and got the team qualify for Europa League, when everyone thought they would be relegated.

The thing is that Betis is conceding lots of goals just like us, probably more than they're scoring, but it's natural for attacking football. Our problem is defense, we always played that football but never conceded that much. Also, Betis wasn't that fantastic this season, but they might peak it up tbh. They were fantastic against Barca tho.

I don't know If I should be happy or sad that he outclassed Valverde, destroyed our midfield and exploited our weakness and schooled us by our own possession style attacking football. Sad that it happened to the team I support and happy that Barca board witnessed it. 

Valverde's stay here depends on his CL performance most likely, but if he doesn't do well on La Liga, he won't stay. La Liga was always important for Barca (at least, as they've claimed....unless it was empty words). Our team can do much better and we have much more potential than Valverde brings out, It would be interesting to see Setien managing big team.

He really seems like a great manager, I saw that fact on r/soccer that he's the first manager to win away at the Bernabeu and Camp Nou in the last 10 years and that's just incredible. I also read how he saved Las Palmas from being relegated and then they crumbled when he left.

Also another quick question out of curiosity, if Barça win the double this year would you be okay with Valverde staying for 2019-20? Or is he a lost cause in your mind, no matter what happens?

Eh, I'm more of a basketball fan. 

Hell yeah brother, cheers from Iraq

#WEEDTHENORTH

#23327 _Only_

_Only_

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationTAEBOA shipper

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:09 AM

So happy we won against Milan in front of 70k people :cry:

Also Paulo and Gennaro hugging eachother :cry:
I love it when a mister and a player are good friends.

#23328 Franny

Franny

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationBlue Side

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:43 AM

He really seems like a great manager, I saw that fact on r/soccer that he's the first manager to win away at the Bernabeu and Camp Nou in the last 10 years and that's just incredible. I also read how he saved Las Palmas from being relegated and then they crumbled when he left.

Also another quick question out of curiosity, if Barça win the double this year would you be okay with Valverde staying for 2019-20? Or is he a lost cause in your mind, no matter what happens?

Yeah, that's true. We lost for the 1st time at home in last two years (42 unbeaten game steak) and 1st time we conceded 4 goals at home in league since 2003. Las Palmas got 11th place on La Liga after he was appointed as a manager in the middle of season due to former manager being sacked and after he left, LP got relegated. 

I don't think he is a lost cause, he improved a lot compared to last year and took criticism. but he is not the one we need. I don't want him to renew even If he wins us double, even only CL tbh. But as long as he is here, all i can do is to hope he improves his tactics and does something about defense. 

#23329 kestires

kestires

Trainee

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:58 AM

Can't wait to watch the upcoming games!

#23330 Pseudo

Pseudo

Disloyal...and Untrustworthy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  • LocationEast of Eden

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:11 PM

Oh shit, son, Claudio Ranieri is bacc and is in charge of Fulham. Exciting to see where this could lead, but mark my words Fulham will still be going down! 

#23331 Franny

Franny

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationBlue Side

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:54 PM (Edited by Franny, 14 November 2018 - 01:54 PM.)

Pique, Deschamps, Puyol calling out Dembele...

my boy is mess. weeps.gif

#23332 Toko Fukawa

Toko Fukawa

You Say Run!

• PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

tfw when Kanté was named in the Football Leaks but it made our smol wholesomeness even more loveable

It's impossible to dislike him. He is too pure for this world

#23333 RoisinDubh

RoisinDubh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

Oh shit, son, Claudio Ranieri is bacc and is in charge of Fulham. Exciting to see where this could lead, but mark my words Fulham will still be going down! 

inb4 they escape relegation with an unexpected winning streak and win the league next season

fMRwt2J.gif

#23334 monochrome.

monochrome.

Evil Panda

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  • LocationBlack Lizard Planet

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:45 AM

lol Lovren's pettiness over Ramos is both an annoying and a wonderful thing at the same time :lol:

#23335 Franny

Franny

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationBlue Side

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:04 AM

hurrplz.png already buddies 

#23336 Toko Fukawa

Toko Fukawa

You Say Run!

• PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:09 PM (Edited by Toko Fukawa, 17 November 2018 - 02:14 PM.)

We're getting linked to Pulisick fucking lol, I really don't want his cult of obnoxious stans shitting on everyone in the team except for their god in our fanbase. r/chelseafc is already barely tolerable as is, if we sign him I'm going to have to find another forum.

But I mean if Sarri wants him and he's available at a reasonable fee then I might be okay with it. There's no way he'd cost £70m like some sources are saying, it's definitely most likely around £40-50m, which is reasonably okay. Even with his revolting fanboys following and overrating him, I'd rather have him than Willian in the team. Like tf why is he still here.

#23337 Franny

Franny

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationBlue Side

Posted Yesterday, 04:31 PM

Barca international break goes like:

rumors about Pogba and Rabiot

rumors about De Ligt and De Jong

must Neymar rumors

Tebas weekly campaign of La Liga in the US