21116 replies to this topic

#21101 Pseudo

Pseudo

Disloyal...and Untrustworthy

• PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationHeartbreak Hotel

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Champions League overrated anyway. Always the same teams in the semis. 

#21102 RoisinDubh

RoisinDubh

Depart the heart, you crave again

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

fuck fuck fuck ffuckcufuuuuuuuuuufuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

both Ibra and Rojo with knee injuries

#21103 RoisinDubh

RoisinDubh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

What a stressful game, gladly Rashford scored a beautiful goal and it didn't went to penalties.

The qualification to the semifinals came with a high cost, a 120mins game in a season where the players already played 50+ games is pretty rough, also Ibra and Rojo with knee injuries. Ibra's injury looked a lot similar to the one Zouma had, so sad, this could be his last game for United.

#21104 kazed

kazed

Idol

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

To think that I just replaced Costa with ibra in my fantasy league team yesterday...

#21105 Eclipse

Eclipse

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • LocationDrinking tea with Rosé Black and Zamasu

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

Holy shit okay I definitely don't blame him for having his head turned by China lol

Also the crazier the fee, the better. Assuming the money is spent on players (money from the Oscar transfer is still unspent too), hoping for a combination of:
- A shiny new striker (not sure who I want (well, Dybala but that's not realistic), Lukaku or Belotti would be nice but I have some concerns over both of them. Conte seems to really like Morata so I'm a bit less sour about him potentially joining. Tbh I could talk all day about what I like and don't like about those three)
- Sánchez, Bernardo Silva, or Thomas Lemar (will be tough to get any but PLEASE just one of them would make me happy)
- Mbappé's apparently a Chelsea fan so let's at least try lol
- A new CM (I'd like Bakayoko, Nainggolan, or Kessié, or if he's not untouchable, Verratti even though he and Kanté would be the shortest midfield pair in history)
- Some wingback depth (e.g. Alex Grimaldo, Andrea Conti or Sidibé)
- Some more depth in general.

#21106 kazed

kazed

Idol

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:27 AM

Holy shit okay I definitely don't blame him for having his head turned by China lol

Also the crazier the fee, the better. Assuming the money is spent on players (money from the Oscar transfer is still unspent too), hoping for a combination of:
- A shiny new striker (not sure who I want (well, Dybala but that's not realistic), Lukaku or Belotti would be nice but I have some concerns over both of them. Conte seems to really like Morata so I'm a bit less sour about him potentially joining. Tbh I could talk all day about what I like and don't like about those three)
- Sánchez, Bernardo Silva, or Thomas Lemar (will be tough to get any but PLEASE just one of them would make me happy)
- Mbappé's apparently a Chelsea fan so let's at least try lol
- A new CM (I'd like Bakayoko, Nainggolan, or Kessié, or if he's not untouchable, Verratti even though he and Kanté would be the shortest midfield pair in history)
- Some wingback depth (e.g. Alex Grimaldo, Andrea Conti or Sidibé)
- Some more depth in general.

Yeah Costa can go. I hope Chelsea gets a shit ton of money for him.

Strikers wise I really don't like Morata. Dybala or Belotti would be fabulous. Oh! I like Barbosa!

Nainggolan doesn't want a move so that's unlikely. Don't mind selling Matic for Bakayoko. Fabregas will likely be sold.

Signing Sanchez would be good, and we would be able to rub salt into our rival's wounds. Lemar has got potential but if price is good, why not?

Mbappe will probably be overpriced with Monaco suddenly finding themselves amongst the big boys. Fingers crossed he will join Chelsea (if we want him) over Real Madrid who apparently do want him.

p.s. With Cahill out for our FA Cup Semi, I hope Conte plays Ake instead of JT.

#21107 kazed

kazed

Idol

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:28 AM

Madrid derby for UCL!
Monaco vs Juventus

Fingers crossed United won't get Lyon yet.

#21108 JiMiJu

JiMiJu

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

EL Semis:

Celta Vigo vs. Manchester United

Ajax vs. Lyon

#21109 kazed

kazed

Idol

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:46 AM (Edited by kazed, 21 April 2017 - 07:47 AM.)

Good draw for United. There are no easy wins at this stage but most will definitely want Celta over Lyon. 

p.s. Win this thing, Jose!

#21110 BasedChungha

BasedChungha

Chungha's prince.

• Oh! Press
  • 16,312 posts
  • LocationTAKE MY BANK ACCOUNT IM NAYOUNG

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

Jose, please get Man Utd into the final and win it. Celta is indeed a better draw for us than Lyon but not going to underesmitate them.

#21111 RoisinDubh

RoisinDubh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:46 AM

I understand Costa, if that's really the salary offered, then it's an opportunity he can't let pass, he had a childhood in the poverty, so that's probably always on his mind, 2-3 years in China and he and his family are set for life.

He's still 28, so after China he can still play in Europe again, or come back to Brazil, he would be the perfect Libertadores player.

--------

Damn, I thought Ajax were eliminated, only now seeing the draw I noticed, Ajax managed to score twice in the last 10mins fD4JAZe.png

Celta de Vigo then, first leg away and the second at OT, spanish teams are tough in the EL, but at least it's not Sevilla, United must win this.

#21112 ~UR~

~UR~

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Ibra basically out for 2017

#21113 BasedChungha

BasedChungha

Chungha's prince.

• Oh! Press
  • 16,312 posts
  • LocationTAKE MY BANK ACCOUNT IM NAYOUNG

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Rip to Spurs U-23 coach, Ugo Ehiogu. He die of cardiac arrest at the Club training headquarter

#21114 meshin

meshin

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM (Edited by meshin, Yesterday, 09:55 PM.)

does anyone else frequent r/soccer? I swear that place is knee jerky as hell. Just last week, Messi was finished and now he's the best player in the world again. I mostly go there for the gifs but good lord the comments are annoying to read. 

#21115 Pseudo

Pseudo

Disloyal...and Untrustworthy

• PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationHeartbreak Hotel

Posted Yesterday, 10:06 PM

does anyone else frequent r/soccer? I swear that place is knee jerky as hell. Just last week, Messi was finished and now he's the best player in the world again. I mostly go there for the gifs but good lord the comments are annoying to read. 

r/soccer is filled with pandering comments and dank memes made to gain internet points, kinda like the rest of reddit really, so not surprising kneejerk reactions are there. But sports forums tend to be awful in general and r/soccer is arguably one of the better ones out there. 

#21116 Nightshade`

Nightshade`

Evil Panda

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts
  • Locationthe Dark Side

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Yeah, it's annoying but that goes for all sports in general, tbh. Watch Ronaldo score a goal against Atletico and he's going to be the best player again. Cycle continues. imstupid.png

#21117 meshin

meshin

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

r/soccer is filled with pandering comments and dank memes made to gain internet points, kinda like the rest of reddit really, so not surprising kneejerk reactions are there. But sports forums tend to be awful in general and r/soccer is arguably one of the better ones out there. 

that's true. It's really hard to find a good football forum. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: football, 4th place trophy, trying to find a good stream, mourinho: the third coming, losing points on the bench, wet tuesday night at stoke, vardy party, istg if brighton flop again, inconsolable ramblings

Up, Up and Away!